When I was Your Man...

Your Man..
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 001 - When I was Your Man...


{6 Years Ago...}
"Jieun-ah, I'm back!" A man in a giant coat rushed into his home with a giant smile lining his face.
"Welcome back, Suho. How was work?" The woman, named Jieun, came up to Suho at the front door and took off his coat for him. Once, she put it away, Suho sneaked up behind her, wrapped his arms around her petite waist and picked her up into the air. Swinging her around in a circle as she squealed with widened eyes and a surprised expression.
"Wonderful!! I finally got the promotion!! The new president of the company was announced today!!" Suho told Jieun, who he still has yet to put down, with happiness. She could already tell what he was hinting at without him having to say it straight out.
Once Suho had finally put Jieun down, she immediately turned around to face him. His arms were still around her waist as she had wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled him down a little, bringing their faces closer to one another. Before she gently placed her lips upon his.  She released him from the kiss and then looked into his eyes.
"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. They were right in making you the new president, after all the hardwork you have done, it's about time!" Jieun has always known of Suho's hard-working personality. He was the go-getter type, wouldn't back down from a challenge, and would put his whole effort and heart into everything he did. That is one of the many things she loved about him, he was not a quiter.
"Haha, thanks, Jieunnie. I'm so glad to be able to share this with you." Suho stated softly as he put their foreheads together and looked deeply back into her eyes. Jieun just giggled a little at Suho's sweet words, before she pushed his chest away.
"Geez, Suho, you make it sound like you have just proposed to me." Jieun lightly joked with a smile lining her face. Suho gently grabbed both her hands and intwined their fingers together before bringing her closer to him again.
"The future is not far, Jieunnie~" Suho teased with a wink and slight smirk. That alone was enough to make the poor Jieun blush madly. Her cheeks turned a bright red as she was unable to hide them with her hands, since Suho was still holding on firmly to them.
"My gosh, Suho, you are too cheesy." Jieun stated as she tried to turn her head away. Suho released one of her hands and gently grabbed her chin with his newly freed hand. Turning her head back to face him.
"Yea, but you still love me for it." Suho stated with a slightly cocky smirk as he was about to give her another kiss on the lips. Until she stopped him by putting her finger on his lips.
"Nu-uh, no dessert before dinner." Jieun teased back. Suho slightly pouted as he finally gave up and gave in to her circumstances. Jieun just giggled a little to Suho's disappointed expression, until she gave him a quick peck on the cheek and dragged him into the kitchen to eat.

{5 Years Ago...}
As a year passed, Suho only got busier with work and at times would stay up all night to finish. Jieun ultimately started to worry for Suho's health as he was sleep-deprived and would at times would skip meals. She knew of his hard-working personality, but it seems he was too much of a workaholic now. His work has too badly disturbed his health and life outside of work.
Jieun understands what Suho is going through, she couldn't be happier for him when he got his promotion of a life-time; she has supported him through thick and thin. She has always been by his side, so of course it pains her to see him like this. She worries for hims constantly, but she has also known him long enough that he won't listen to a word she says when she tries to call out to him, telling him to not be so hard on himself.

{4 Years Ago...}
It was a special day. It was the day of their anniversary. Jieun had decided to make a special meal for the both of them. She took a day off from work to use the day as a prep day to make a whole meal of his favorite foods. Even wearing the dress that he loved on her the most.
But, as it was getting late, Jieun sat at the dinner table waiting for Suho's return from work. He was late. Minutes turned to hours as Suho had still not returned. Jieun's worry grew as she was scared that he might've gotten into an accident and was in the hospital. All of the worst options imaginable came rushing into her mind.
__4 hours after (2 am in the morning)__
The sound of the door shutting closed was heard throughout the silent home. Suho had just returned in thought that Jieun had already went off to bed since whenever he would come home, she was already asleep somewhere.
But, as he saw the lights on still in the kitchen, he went in only to see that Jieun was asleep on her arms as she laid her arms and head on the dinner table. He looked around and saw the various foods scattered on the table...all his favorites. He looked back to the worn out Jieun only to notice her formal and beautiful attire.
He was confused on why she was so dressed up today, until his eyes opened with worry and shock as he just realized what day was today. Their anniversary had completely slipped his mind.
His eyes softened as he looked back to Jieun. He looked down with shame and bit his lip as he knew that Jieun had stayed up all night waiting for him. He bit his lip and said a low "sorry" to her. He went down as he put one arm behind her legs and the other behind her back, slowly lifting her away from the chair, making sure to not disturb her. As she was safely secured in his arms, he went down to give her a small kiss on the forehead. There was an expression on worry and pain on her sleeping face, but as he kissed her forehead, her eyebrow crease started to lessen as she snuggled into his hold.
He brought her up to their room and laid her down on the bed as he gave her a kiss and fell right to sleep as well, with her facing one way and him facing the other.

{3 Years Ago...}
"Suho, let's go dance!" Jieun tried to pull on Suho's arm to bring him to the middle of the big ballroom. They were at one of those company gatherings where the head of many companies would come together to "socialize," aka see if there could be some kind of agreement with one another's companies.
"Not now, Jieun. I just want to sit down." Suho seemed stre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter