1/1

Waiting in the Cold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin drags himself out of self-study, rubbing at sleepy eyes and stifling a yawn into the bend of his elbow.  Taehyung elbows him seconds before Jimin is about to run face first into an open door.  He dodges easily, slipping his arms through his jacket and blinking at Taehyung who begins to struggle as he tries to shove his lanky arms through his own jacket. They look at each other, jaws cracking as they yawn, hiding sleepy giggles behind their hands.  They step out into the frigid air pulling their jackets tighter around them, laugher fading out slowly.

Jimin tilts his head back, looking up at the dark sky.  It looks like it might snow soon.  Taehyung groans at his side, trying to shove his hands into mittens.  Jimin laughs at the boy, reaching over to help.  Taehyung sighs and lets Jimin put his mittens on his hands, just like every other night.  He leans into the warmth of the shorter boy for a moment, laughing when Jimin elbows him backwards complaining about him blocking the light and both of their fingers freezing if he doesn’t stop.

Taehyung starts laughing when Jimin finally gets the mittens in place, beaming up at him with a bright smile. “See you at the dorm later,” Taehyung whispers softly, knocking his shoulder against Jimin’s before he takes off at a jog towards the back of the school.  Jimin sighs to himself, yawning into his already cold hand before skipping down the steps.

Jimin is surprised to find Yoongi leaning against the wall just outside the front gate, snapback pulling the shaggy bangs away from his forehead, earrings swinging as he bobs his head to music blaring through the headphones over his ears.  His mouth is moving slowly forming words to a beat that is probably all his own. There’s something borderline pretty about the way his mouth moves, chin and neck hidden by the large scarf he’s got wrapped around him that Jimin had given him just a few days ago. He’s constantly worried about the boy being out in the cold weather all the time, and knowing that at least he has a scarf to help keep some of the cold out makes Jimin feel a little better about all the time Yoongi spends waiting around in the cold.

Yoongi is older than Jimin by a couple years but it isn’t usually a blatantly obvious fact, probably helped by the fact that Yoongi is barely a centimeter taller than the younger boy. Sometimes Jimin finds himself worrying so much about the careless older boy, that it feels like their ages are opposite most of the time. But sometimes the distance feels a bit more obvious, like now when Jimin can just observe the older boy from afar.  When he can spend stolen moments just being able to enjoy looking at the older boy, generally caught up in music or his own thoughts; it’s in these moments that Jimin can definitely feel the between them.

He smiles when the other slouches forward, hiding the lower half of his face in the scarf and shoving his bare hands deeper into the pockets of his oversized coat. The older boy is constantly wearing too big clothing that hangs and drapes of his skinny frame. Yoongi thinks it looks cool and maybe it is on some obscure level.  But Jimin sort of just finds it oddly adorable, though he’d never let the other boy know. Then again there are many adorable things about Yoongi that Jimin keeps locked away behind tongue and teeth, having already learned his lesson about calling the older boy cute on any occasion.

 Jimin shakes his head with a laugh, watching from a distance as a group of girls approach the older boy with overly sweet smiles. Yoongi barely spares them a glance before turning his head and locking eyes with Jimin, almost as if he could sense the younger boy staring at him. Jimin smiles softly fingers rising in a slight wave as the other pushes away from the wall and shoves through the girls without so much

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter