the french connection

French Connection

The tall girl in the science lab coat watch the nurse at the counter who happily chit chatting like they have a great story to share. She cant help chuckles watching some of them who woowing over a video as she check the patient chart silently.

“Dr Choi, do you know the big star is here?” the nurse with the nametag Kim Hyoyeon ask her with amused eyes before she shake her head.

“Yahh, tell her the name silly. We have numerous patient here stupid. He so handsome, and if you him sing I bet you will fall for him. He have very powerful voice and he so cute.” The short girl with name tag Lee Sunkyu slapped Hyoyeon arm playfully before she start fan girling over the man.

“Who is this man who can turn my Hyoyeon and Sunny best nurse in V.I.P ward a fan girl?” The tall girl who being called Dr Choi ask the 2 nurse who she consider as her best friend, while she keep looking the 2 nurse with her sweet smile.

Just about the Lee Sunkyu or known as Sunny to reply a loud scream from one of the ward with bodyguards can be heard, making the girls running to the room and being greeted by a man now who still screaming and tossing all the thing he can grab.

Pillow, blanket, mug, plate and even a flower bouquet now tossing scattered on the floor, yet the man still not satisfied, he still throwing anything and now he trying take away all the wires attached to his arm, chest and the oxygen mask around his face.

“Sunny, call the housekeeping soon and try to call his family alright?” The tall girl say as she avoiding the flying object from the screaming man.

“Hyo, I need the atheistic 5mm now.” She grab the man hand as he try to pull the IV drip from his hand roughly that can make thing go worse.

“Hey, young man, calm down. Everything will be alright. Cool down.” She hold the man hands as she focus on the man face who look so angry, yet sad in his empty eyes.

“NOTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT!! IDIOT !! I AM BLIND!! DO YOU HEAR ME!! BLIND!!!” The man yell directly on her face, make her squirm in shocked.

“Sooyoung, the atheistic is ready.” Hyoyeon inform the shocking girl as she holding the syringe, waiting the young doctor order.

“I am done now…I am blind…stupid..what I can do…now…no one want me…the company has terminated..my contract ...I aint..Stevie Wonder…Let me die…Go away..go..go..i want to die..”The man mumbling as tears fall from his eyes, ignore the fact his hand still hold by the girl.

“Its not the end Changmin, you can make it. You have to work for it. Make people accept you, don’t look down on yourself. Now, calm down and we will think way to survived this alright?” Sooyoung, say softly as she now seat on the man bed.

“Please, I don’t want to use the atheistic on you. Changmin, believe me you life not end yet, ,maybe it just beginning.” Sooyoung say as she help the man lay down on his bed, and luckily the man not object , he indeed obey to the girl.

“Soo..Sooyoung will you help me then?please?” Changmin ask softly almost begging as his eyes focus to his front side even the tall girl with name tag Dr Choi on his right side.

“I will changmin. I will help you, but all I want now is you to sleep.” Choi Sooyoung say as she smile, even the man cant see, and after all she weird how can she promise with that man.

“Stay with me please, at least till I sleep.” The man who now lay on the bed is the famous idol in k-pop music industry, he is Shim Changmin or known as Max Changmin, but 2 days ago his car being crashed by a drunk driver in Seoul Highway and unfortunately he suffered from the accident.

Choi Sooyoung just stay next to the man as Shim Changmin still hold his hand, she don’t know why she feel sorry for this man, normally she will just use the atheistic but today something stop her for doing so, she believe the man need help and she feel she can make the man have faith in life again.

 

 

“Changmin-ah, ppali time to do the physiotherapy. Kajja.” Choi Sooyoung say happily as she enter the V.I.P ward of Shim Changmin.

“Noooo..I am lazy…shirro..” Shim Changmin shake his head with a pout making the tall girl, chuckles seeing the cute face of the idol.

“Pleaseee…for me…I will be with you today and after we done, I will treat you Starbuck Frappucinno.” Sooyoung say as she make cute voice and tugging the man hand.

“Eii, you know I will never reject the Frappucinno from Starbuck. Fine, I am doing this for you Soo.” Shim Changmin say before he hear the girl cheer happily.

Choi Sooyoung pull Shim Changmin to the physiotherapy centre who sitting on the wheel chair as they chatting happily. And it’s a surprised to all the nurses and other doctors in V.I.P ward because Shim Changmin known as stubborn man when it come to physiotherapy.

Its been 1 hour Shim Changmin do his physiotherapy, since his leg is broken due to the accident. They doctor encouraged him to do the therapy, afraid he still hurt since they have put an iron to replace the bone.

Choi Sooyoung monitor the tall boy who slowly walking holding the bar on his side. He is good looking, sweet and y no wonder he is famous idol. Its must be hard on him when everyone leave him just because he lost his sight.

“Ahh…” Shim Changmin yelled as he about to fall but luckily Choi Sooyoung catch him in time, or else he will bear another pain.

“Slowly Changmin. Lets sit alright? You did well.” Choi Sooyoung say as she still hold Changmin, support him from the in front, making them look as they hugging.

“Well? I hardly walking Soo.” Shim Changmin scoffed as he hold Choi Sooyoung waist, its not he do it on purposed, he have no choice. Yet he able to smell her perfume, the perfume that he find soothing and calming.

“Yahh, even from baby we fall before walking properly, silly.” Sooyoung said as she help the man seat on his wheel chair back.

“What perfume you wear Soo?” Shim Changmin ignore Choi Sooyoung words, as his hand try to find which direction the girl now.

“What? My perfume? Well, its not the expensive one, its call Moon Flower. Why? Is it too strong? I am sorry, I promise I will change it later.” Sooyoung answer the man as she hold the man hand while she sniffing her wrist.

“Anni..dont..Its smell good, don’t change alright?” Shim Changmin say as he smile, and making the girl chuckles.

“Kajja, lets go I will treat you the Starbuck Frapuccino since you be such a good boy today.” Choi Sooyoung cheer happily as she pull the man once again to the named shop which located at the ground floor of Seoul International Hospital.

“I want Frapucinno…”

“With 2 cup of cappuccino, half cup of milk, extra cream and 4 times extra caramel sauce.” Shim Changmin say the order in one go, making Choi Sooyoung startled since the man able to remember her request in having Starbuck Frapuccino.

“How I memorized it? Well I am genius Soo. Now close your mouth, I afraid a butterfly will enter it.” Shim Changmin , making she blushing.

“How you know my mouth is open?” Sooyoung ask shyly as she take the Frappucinno and take Changmin to seat at the corner of the café.

“Well, I think its true that what people said, blind people do have 7 sense.” Shim Changmin say before he earn a small slapped on his arm from Choi Sooyoung.

The doctor and the patient keep teasing and chit chatting ignoring the other people either the hospital staff ,patients or even the visitor who think them as a perfect lovely couple.

 

“This is how they write milk in Braille.” Choi Sooyoung hold Shim Changmin fingers as she moved it on the Braille book, teaching the man how to read in Braille.

“Soo, everything feel the same to me. Lets forget it alright?” Shim Changmin sighed as he pushed the book away, making it fall to the ground.

“But….you have to try…Changmin please..” sooyoung mumble softly, trying not to sound she tired with changmin attitude.

“Just go, I know you are tired. Go, I can live by myself.” Shim Changmin say as he push softly the girl who sit next to him and he lay on the bed, pull the blanket cover hide himself .

Choi Sooyoung startled for a while when the man push her, but then she realized this man need encouragement and support, but seem like all those has no effect on him.

“So this is Max that know as man who never give up? A man who known for his strength? Is that Max Changmin? I think the fans is wrong, Max Changmin is weak, very weak man, easily gave up and he is coward.” Choi Sooyoung blurted it out as she stomp out from Shim Changmin ward.

Underneath the blanket, Shim Changmin bite his lips holding himself from crying. Yes he is weak because he has fall for the girl, yes he is easily gave up when the girl is perfect yet he only be the burden for her and yes he is coward because he afraid to say he has fall in love with Choi Sooyoung.

 

Its been a week since Choi Sooyoung and Shim Changmin argument, and the man never attend to physiotherapy or counseling or even the Braille classes. He only received daily check up from the doctor, since he will lost his tempered if any nurses or doctor try to insist him to attend the classes.

Choi Sooyoung just ignore the information she heard, since she now focusing on her new patient. For her the man need to change himself then only the other can help him. But silently she do care for him, she still ask Sunny or Hyoyeon about the man condition.

“Sooyoung, ppali…ppali.. Changmin..changmin..” Hyoyeon run to the front desk as she scream for Sooyoung, making the tall doctor panic.

“Why? What happen? Yahhh Hyoyeon tell me.” Sooyoung say as she hold Hyoyeon shoulder, waiting the nurse to speak.

“He just fall from staircase with his wheel chair. He is raging again.” Hyoyeon say and then Choi Sooyoung running to the man room, seeing the man refused to be touch by any nurse and he start throwing thing.

“GOO….I said GO..Let me die…” Shim Changmin scream as he throw the vase fromn the night stand.

“Changmin-ah…please stop…Its me, Sooyoung..” Sooyoung say as she slowly walk to Changmin.

“NO…Sooyoung has leave me..i am coward..weak..Sooyoungie..” Shim Changmin wiped his tears as he chuckles sadly.

Seeing the man bit calm, Choi Sooyoun grab the man and hug him tightly. And to her surprised Shim Changmin hug her tightly and cry on her.

“Soo..please..I am sorry..dont leave me…” Shim Changmin mumbles on her shoulder, once she recognized her by the perfume. And yes, amazingly he feel calm and safe with her.

“Then don’t send me away pabo.” Choi Sooyoung say as she wiped Changmin tears, before she treat the man wound on his forehead and knee.

Shim Changmin keep silent, only winced when he feel pain as Choi Sooyoung clean the wound. Silently his hand moved to Choi Sooyoung face, making the girl stiffned.

“I want to feel your face Soo, I want to imagine how you look Sooyoung. A lady who stay by my side.” Shim Changmin say softly, as his hand now stop on Choi Sooyoung forehead.

“This is my face..this is my eyes…here is my nose and lastly this is my lips.” Choi Sooyoung put down the cotton balls and she take Changmin both hand as she run softly on her face.

“You must be pretty Sooyoung, a small face with cute nose and lips like heart and shoulder length hair.” Shim Changmin say as he still cupped Choi Sooyoung face.

Choi Sooyoung bite her lips as she silently feel glad that the man cant see how red she is now. She don’t know why she feel comfortable to this man, its not because she feel sorry but she know she care for this man. No man ever touch her face or even be this close to her, where she think Shim Chnagmin can hear her heart beat.

“You think so changmin?” Sooyoung ask softly as she play with the cotton balls, feeling shy to see changmin face.

“You are my angel, you are pretty and shining Choi Sooyoung.” Shim Changmin say as he peck Choi Sooyoung forehead.

 

 

“Choi Sooyoung don’t you remember the very first day we take the oath when we become a doctor? You swear you will never fall in love with your own patient.” The lean man in the science lab coat ask the girl who seat in front him.

“I do remember Cho Kyuhyun. I remember it very well.” Choi Sooyoung say annoyingly as she rolled her eyes, eat her sandwich.

“Then explain to me why you moving in with him? Don’t ing tell me you feel you have to do so.” Cho Kyuhyun smirk annoyingly.

“Watch your language Cho. Whatever I do with him is my own business, so don’t be a busy body man.” Choi Sooyoung say as she get up and leave the table.

“You will be my fiancée soon Choi Sooyoung, and whatever you dow now is my business.” Cho Kyuhyun say as he continue eat ignore the girl stomp her feet, leaving him in the cafeteria.

 

 

Shim Changmin hug Choi Sooyoung on the bed tightly as he hummed random song of his. Its been 2 months since he being discharged and he so lucky when Choi Sooyoung always with him, helping him adjusting to his own house.

“Baby, in a week I will get back my eyes. Promise me you will be there, when I open my eyes. I one to see you for the first time my angel.” Shim Changmin say as he kiss Choi Sooyoung forehead.

“And promise me you will be a new shim changmin after that day?” Choi Sooyoung ask Chnagmin back, ignore the question.

“Yes, yes I will be new Shim Changmin and I will work harder to make you say yes to my proposal baby.” Shim Changmin say as he grinning happily.

Choi Sooyoung hold her tears as she hear the confession, she cant help from feeling guilty but its too late when she fall to deep for Shim Changmin and so do the man. All she can do now is pray that the man will be strong for whatever may come in this one week.

“I love you Shim Changmin.” Choi Sooyoung whisper softly as she kissed Changmin lips before she close her eyes and sleep in Shim Changmin embrace for the last time.

 

 

2 week has passed and now is the day where Shim Changmin will be once again seeing the world. He cant help from being excited since , today for the very first time he will see Choi Sooyoung, the girl who he love the most, his angel and his life.

“Hyung, why Sooyoung not here?” Shim Changmin ask to Kim Jaejoong, one of his friend. The pretty man stiff since he don’t know how to answer the question.

“Well, how you know she not here Min?” Jung Yunho , his other friend ask Shim Changmin, instead of answering the man.

“Of course I know, the Moon Flower perfume not here.” Changmin say proudly, making his friends startled.

The doctor come with Sunny, and they removed Shim Changmin bandaged. The doctor do a checking on his eyes few times before ask him to open his eyes slowly. Its does hurt for the first time since he used to darkness for about 6 months. But after few attempt, he feel better and he look around the ward, all he can see is his friend and the staff.

“Eh? Where is Soo? She promise she will be here?” Changmin ask as he look everyone, and he knew something wrong when no one give answer.

“Yahh tell me what happen? Hyung? Yunho hyung? Jaejoong hyung where is she?” Changmin ask worriedly as he tugging on his friend hands.

“Changmin sshi, sorry to inform you but today is her engagement day.” Sunny say slowly to Shim Changmin as she look down.

Shim Changmin blink his eyes few times before he laugh, sadly yet painful. He keep laughing as tears running down to his cheek before he crying hard.

“hyung…she promise…she will be here…hyung…I love her…hyung…” Kim Jaejoong hug Shim Changmin as he also already crying.

“Hyung…I rather be blind…I want to..be with…her…hyung…please…” Shim changmin keep writhing as the doctor inject the atheistic to his body, afraid if the man keep crying it will affect his new eyes.

 

 

“This song I dedicate to a girl who I call my angel, my love and she is my life. I know she is not here, but who know. Baby, I know you now belong to other man, but I still love you so much, and incredibly its grow, I cant stop this. Baby, I miss you.”

 

I love you

The only words I have to say to you are I love you

I love you

They've become such meaningless words, but I love you

But what good is it now

We'll never see each other again..I know it's pointless, but I want to hold you back..ho~ho~ho

Even if it's not in this world

We'll see each other again

Not a single tear should be shed

Put on that smile that stole my heart as you walk away

That way I can find you wherever you areLove you, Do you remember

The fluttering that was felt when we first met

I love you, Those words were the last you gave me Throughout our long relationship

We thought our love wasn't possible

Because it was so wonderful

You approached me like a dream

You looked like you'd turn away any moment..ho~ ho~ ho~Even if it's not in this world

We'll see each other again

Not a single tear should be shed

Put on that smile that stole my heart as you walk away

That way I can find you wherever you are

If we meet again, promise me one thing

Let's make our love continuous So we don't have to say such painful goodbyes ever again...

 

And Max Changmin sing the song ‘I love you’ fully hearted in front of thousand fans for his come back after almost a year of disappear from entertainment without any trace. Some of the fans can even see Max Changmin watery eyes. 

“Saranghae Choi Sooyoung.” Max Changmin whisper the last word as the tears fall on his cheek, and the stage go dark. That is his last song for the night, and he do make a remarkable concert because most of the girls is crying, just by hearing Max Changmin singing the new song live in front of his fans, after a a month of his 7th album lauching, with title Moon Flower.

“You did well Min. Kajja lets eat, I am so hungry. By the way this is special Starbuck Frapucino for you.” Max Changmin, or Shim Changmin seat at his waiting room waiting for the staff to packing as he grab the Frapuccino from his hyung, Kim Jaejoong.

As the tall boy sipped the Frapuccino, he eyes widened he look so shocked. He look the cup as he look to Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho who just enter the room. He try to said something but its only his mouth moving.

“hyung…hyung..she here…Sooyoungie here..” Shim Changmin mumbles softly as he dashed out from the room, running to find the girl.

“Soo..please…I know you here…god..please…” Shim Changmin keep running until he now in front of the entrance to back stage. He stop as he look the empty hallway on his both side.

“Min? Changmin-ah. You find her?” Kim Jaejoong ask as he patted the singer back softly while Jung Yunho try to find any girl on both hallway.

“I know she is here. The frappucinno, the recipe come from her, 2 cup of cappuccino, half cup of milk, extra cream and 4 times extra caramel sauce. Only Choi sooyoung drink Starbuck Frapucinno like that. And hyung, I can smell her moon flower perfume from here. I bet she just walk thru here.” Shim Changmin blurted out the idea, making his 2 friend look him weirdly.

As the singer and his 2 friends walking back to the waiting room, a staff greet them and give a flower bouquet to Shim Changmin, a rose bouquet with a letter . Once he open the letter, he chuckles because he was right, the girl was here, because the letter was written in Braille system and only few person know Shim Changmin were blind.

 

Changmin-ah…

Mianhae….is that enough? I am sorry I broke your heart…remember I say you were coward? You are not changmin..you the brave man I ever knewyou tell over love story to the world, while I run away from it…Changmin-ah…I will keep smiling…and I expect you will be smiling too…Saranghae Shim Changmin…..Mianhae…..

 

“We will meet again Choi Sooyoung, I will find you even I have to risk my life again.” Shim Changmin whisper as he keep the letter and smile meaningfully, ignore the look from Kim Jaejoong and Jung Yunho, because this time he will make choi sooyoung as her girl. 