ONE AND ONLY CHAPTER

THE LANGUAGE OF FLOWERS

A knock on the door distracted her from reading her book. 

"Come in." She said as she put a bookmark on the page where she stopped and closed it.

The nurse came in with a smile on her face and a bouquet of flowers in her hands.

She smiled at the sight of it.

The nurse handed it to her. The third flower she received ever since her first stay inside the hospital.

 He was away for a business trip, so he ordered a florist to send her flowers once a week.

It was the third week of her stay in the hospital.

The nurse excused herself and went out of her ward.

 

 

This time, it was Larkspur. There was a card in there too.

Larkspur means beautiful spirit.

Like you.

                                                                   -Oh Sehun

Chuckling, she put the flowers in the vase next to her bed and put the card inside the cup-board which the vase was on.

She took out the other two cards.

 

One wrote: Black-Eyed Susan, meaning  encouragement; with a note that says

You can do it.

 And another: Pink Carnation means gratitude.

Thank you for all you have done for me.

 

She put it back into the cup-board.

She had only a month to live; the doctor said  the illness is more severe now and cure was not a question anymore.

She was suffering from leukemia - Acute myeloid leukemia to be exact. 

Regardless of years of her trying to be cured, nothing worked,

Pain kept on coming back and it only got worse.

She now had a fragile body; there was no fat in her body anymore and dehydration always happened inside her body which led her to faint more often.

 

She lay on her back, closing her eyes.

 

The following week, her condition worsened and getting up was unbearable. 

She felt pain covering her up faster now that her body couldn't fight. 

But still, he didn't arrive. She didn't mind. 

She'd wait until he arrive.

 

Two days later, the flowers arrived again; it was Gladiolus this time.

Due to her condition, the nurse helped her read the note:

 

Gladiolus means strength of character.

Stay strong.

                                                       -Oh Sehun

Her face couldn't move due to pain, but still she tried to smile. 

Like a gladiolus, she had to be strong, for him.

 

The next week,

Freesia Forget-Me-Not, meaning remember me forever

I heard about your conditions and I'm extremely sorry that I'm not available for you.

 

                                                                           - Oh Sehun

 

She became weaker day by day...pain was inevitable. Even the hope of making it till tomorrow seeped down slowly inside of her. 

The medications kept her alive and barely breathing.

 

 

 

Finally, Sehun squeezed his schedule and came back home.

 

Just as he arrived at the airport, he got a call from the hospital.

He needed to hurry up.

He went to the hospital, rushing towards the Operating Room with tears threatening to come out on his eyes.

He needed to be strong. She needed to fight.

 

He rushed. His hand trembling and he kept his feet phasing on the floor. 

 

After an hour or so, the doctor came out.

Sehun rushed up to him, searching for his eyes. Searching for answers. Searching for a good thing in a bad day. 

 

The doctor looked down and whispered, "I'm sorry. We couldn't save her."

Hearing that, Sehun grabbed him by the collars and pushed him up to the wall.

"How could you not save her?! She's the only one I've got!" he shot up. The tears he tried to hold back, came out rushing down his face. 

He didn't believe in the doctor's words. She fought hard. 

She was strong before, why did it have to be now?

The doctor still looked down, unable to meet his eyes.

"Answer me." He shouted. The hands holding the doctor's collar trembled with sadness. 

The doctor didn't mind. He had seen worse but seeing the face of sadness, it's the only thing he could do.

The people passed by, looking at them weirdly but he didn't care.

He had it. She was gone...forever.

He broke down on the floor ; head hung low and tears flowing out of his eyes.

How could she do this to him? How could she leave so soon?

 

 

 

 

 

A few years later.

He went to the cemetery; particularly hers, with yellow zenia in his hands.

He walked to her grave, setting the flowers above it.

He sighed. He missed her. He missed her so badly.

He bowed a right angle degree.

"How have you been...," he said

 

 

"...mom?"

 

 

 

  *yellow zenia means remembrance...

 

A/N: Unpredicted? Were you all fooled?

Muhahahahahahahahaha

SHOUT IT IN THE COMMENTS!!!laugh