Final

Our Baby

The house that is slightly bigger than any other houses in the area and located at the end of the streets belongs to a loving married couple. Even though this house is big enough for ten people to live in, the only occupant in this house is Choi Siwon, the husband and Cho Kyuhyun, the ‘wife’. Both are men but somehow it doesn’t stir any problem between them and the neighbors.

The outer part of the double storey house is painted with the color white, the younger - kyuhyun’s - favorite color. Apart from painting, he also likes gardening. It is thanks to him that the house front porch looks colorful and more welcoming.

The inside of the house consist of black and white color with a little touch of red. Choi Siwon is in charge of the arrangement in the house because kyuhyun just can’t do it. All the younger could do and good at is painting, gardening and gaming. If you ask him to clean the house, it will turn into a jungle in a minute. If you ask him to wash the clothes, the washing machine will be damage on the first spin and siwon has to buy a new one. If you ask him to do the groceries, siwon will find boxes of cereal and fruits in the kitchen. If you ask him to cook, the kitchen will turn chaotic as if a tornado just comes. So basically those entire housewife things, siwon will leave it to an ahjumma who will come every morning during weekdays.

Despite all those weakness of his mate, siwon really loves kyuhyun. This fact is proved when the older introduce kyuhyun to his parents for the first time as his lover. He could still feel the stinging pain on his cheeks where his father, for the first time in his life slaps his only son. He could still remember his mother throws kyuhyun a disgusting stare as if his fault that siwon is against the norm. Regardless of all that, siwon continued to defend the 16 years old boy. Thanks to siwon unending effort and kyuhyun continuous support, the elder Choi accepted kyuhyun with an open arm after two years of harsh treatment.

Of course along the way they face problems that some of it threatening to split them apart, but at the end they realize that their hearts desire one another. Now after 8 years of marriage, the couple lives a happy life with each other. Spending their free time pampering one another. But deep inside their heart, there’s a small space of loneliness that can’t be fill with anything else except for a presence of a child.

                                                                                …

He walked down the stairs, trailing the morning breakfast scent to the kitchen where he knew he will find his husband cooking their breakfast. Clad in an oversize t-shirt that is clearly siwon’s, kyuhyun slowly making his way behind his husband to surprise him. But as always siwon will forever knew his spouse’s scent; lavender with a hint of mint. The older turned around and scooped the smaller man in his arms.

‘aaahhhh!!’ a loud shriek coming from kyuhyun made siwon laugh at his pouting mate.

‘Not fair’ kyuhyun said with siwon’s arm still on his waist.

Siwon is still laughing and kyuhyun is getting annoyed with his husband. He stomped his feet before his hands started to punch siwon’s stomach.

‘OW--OW baby. So grumpy today’ he murmured while rubbing the spot where kyuhyun hit him. His lover may look cute and cuddly but he can sure punch and leave you with some bruises later.

‘You made fun of me!!’

‘I was just kidding! Geez PMS much’ he replied and continued to gather kyuhyun in his arms. ’Good morning kyu’ siwon placed a gentle kiss on his head and cheeks.

‘Wonnie?’ kyuhyun called while playing with siwon’s collar shirt.

‘Hmm?’

‘Aren’t you forgetting something?’ the younger said while avoiding eye contact. He heard the other chuckle and his pout disappeared, a shy smile replacing it. He bit his bottom lip and buried his face on siwon’s neck.

‘How could I forget? It’s your special day’ he said while caressing kyuhyun’s soft brown hair. ‘Happy 28th birthday baby’ he continued and placed another kiss on the red lips after he cup kyuhyun’s chubby cheeks.

Kyuhyun giggled while jumping on his feet like a child on Christmas Eve. ‘Where’s my present wonnie?’

Siwon laughed looking at kyuhyun’s enthusiasm. ‘You get your present later. Right now let’s eat breakfast and get ready. We will visit your parents and I am going to take you out for a nice lunch’

He clasped his hand and placed a peck on the man’s cheek before replying warmly ‘okay’

                                                                                …

Kyuhyun is sitting on his bed playing some games on his phone while waiting for siwon to finish getting ready. The said man is just getting out of the bathroom and currently finding his shirt in the walk in closet before they both heard the front door bell.

‘Baby will you please see who’s at the door?’ siwon said while giving kyuhyun a glanced. He can’t possibly go and open the door with towel wrapping on his waist, half . Kyuhyun won’t be happy.

Without saying anything to his husband, kyuhyun walked out of the room to see their guest.

Siwon is halfway buttoning up his shirt when he heard kyuhyun screaming.

‘Siwooonn!!’

Running as fast as he can, the older man manages to get to his husband in a record time. ‘Wha-what? What is it?’

He didn’t wait for an answer though as he saw what was on kyuhyun’s arm. Wrapped in a baby blue towel that is quite big, lay a tiny form of human that siwon wouldn’t mistake for any other thing.

A baby

                                                                                …

They both watch as the baby squirm comfortably on their king sized bed. The baby happened to be a boy and oddly both siwon and kyuhyun felt relieved about it. But that still didn’t answer the confusion and thousands of question on their mind.

Whose baby is this?

Why is he here?

Where did he come from?

‘Kyu baby, read that letter again’. Apparently the baby also came with a bag full of his necessities such as diapers, clothes and milk and baby bottles. Along with it are also a letter and the baby birth identification coming from the baby’s mother.

Dear parents,

This is my baby boy named Choi Minho and he is two months old. But now I entrust him to you to take care and loved him as your own son. I can no longer be part of his life as I will leave this world soon. I have diagnosed with limb cancer and the doctor told me that there is no more hope. I have no other family to take care of him as my parents died in a car crash. My husband is also no longer in the world. He died when I’m 6 months pregnant with Minho. I have observed the both of you before and I know that you can take care of him and provide him with his needs. I am so sorry if I have leaved you a burden but I just can’t leave him in an orphanage. He deserves a better life. I also had leaved you all his birth ID, hoping that it will ease your problem. Lastly when he is old enough, please tell him why I did this for him and tell him that I love him so much. Thank you once again.

Choi Jinyoung

Kyuhyun finished reading the letter and inspecting siwon’s facial expression. He had already made up his mind to keep minho as soon as he saw him but siwon have more rights on deciding if minho should go or leaves.

‘Siwon?’ he slowly called his husband who’s on a deep think. They are currently sitting on the edge of the bed with kyuhyun holding siwon’s right hand, trying to convey his non-verbal plead. Siwon didn’t say anything as he looks up at kyuhyun, trying to read his mind.

After what kyuhyun feels like an hour, siwon finally spoke in a hush voice. He freed his hand that is being hold by kyuhyun and cup his mate face, ‘You want him didn’t you?’

That’s went kyuhyun tears broke free. It is always been like this. Siwon always knew him best. Siwon knew his wants and needs without kyuhyun had to tell him. He holds siwon’s hand on his face before bringing it to his lip to give it a kiss.

‘I do. I do siwon. I want him’

With shaking hands, he grabbed siwon’s front shirt to bring him close to him. Kyuhyun buried his face on the older man’s chest, inhaling the calming scent that only belongs to siwon. He held siwon for dear life as if he didn’t want him to go.

On the other hand, siwon felt a pang in his heart hearing his lover’s crying. He brought his hand to kyuhyun’s back and gave it a rub to calm him down. When he finally can’t stand the crying, he hold kyuhyun’s chin to make him look up at him and gives the quivering lips a kiss. Siwon could feel the salty liquid but he merely ignored it and continued to kiss his crying husband.

After he felt that kyuhyun had calmed down a little, he slowly let go of the plum lips that he always adore and place another peck on the corner of his mouth before pulling away completely.

‘Shh shh don’t cry anymore. You know it always pain me to see you like this. So please stop crying’ he wipe the tears track on the chubby cheeks with his thumbs before placing a kiss on the puffy eyes.

Kyuhyun whimpered a little before he rubs his own eyes. He unconsciously pouts his lips that made siwon place another kiss on it.

Siwon remove his hands from kyuhyun’s face and place it on his waist instead to bring him closer so that kyuhyun could sit on his lap. The younger wrap his arm around his neck and lay his head on siwon’s shoulder.

‘So? Can we wonnie?’ kyuhyun mumbled slowly after he relax a little. He lifts his head from the man’s shoulder so that he can have a clearer look.

Siwon sighed slowly before he looked at the expectant puppy on his lap. He flashed the younger a smile and nod his head.

Kyuhyun’s already-big-eyes widen even more before he let out an excited squealed and throw himself into siwon’s open arms.

A sudden cry from behind them alerts the lovebirds that they are not the only one in the room. They quickly pull apart and kyuhyun carefully hold minho like how see ryeowook hold his baby.

He lay minho in his arms and gently tap the baby’s side before making soothing voice. It takes a few attempts before minho finally fall asleep again.

Siwon who have been silently watching the whole scene couldn’t help but be proud of his spouse. Having no experience in child taking, kyuhyun still managed to calm minho and the baby looks comfortable in kyuhyun’s embrace.

But deep down in his heart, siwon knew. He knew the guilt kyuhyun still have for taking away the only chance for the Choi to have an heir.

Siwon is the only son in the family, thus his future wife will be the one who will be responsible to present them the next generation of Choi. But now that siwon had married kyuhyun, a man, the chance to have an inheritor to lead their family business automatically terminated.

                                                                                …

‘Where is he?’

That was the first question that came out of donghae’s mouth when he arrived at their house. Not even a ‘good afternoon’ or how they have been doing. The fish lover had been surprised when they tell him what had happened over the phone, but kyuhyun is clever enough to detect an excited tone on his voice.

Kyuhyun scoffed before he let donghae come in. A minute later leeteuk came along with siwon’s and his parents. Siwon had made a few phone calls after they decided that keeping minho a secret and away from everybody wouldn’t be a wise choice.

So here they all are. In the couple’s bedroom, watching the now-awake minho. Strangely the little one doesn’t seem to be afraid and panic seeing to many people around him. He even let out a loud giggle when he saw donghae.

‘Tell me again where do you find him?' leeteuk ask, breaking the silence while his eyes is still curiously eyeing minho.

‘Kyuhyun found him in front of our door when we were getting ready to leave the house’ siwon who is the one answered him. He turned his gaze towards the eldest in the room. They still have been silent and didn’t let out a word since they saw minho.

‘Well?’

‘I think he is an angel. Don’t you agree Hana?’ Choi Jinri, siwon’s mother who speak up first. The other nodded with a satisfied smile on her face. The mother seems to love minho already.

They watched as the older men went to a corner and discussed with a hush voice. The silence made kyuhyun sweating from nervousness but luckily siwon noticed it and gives him a reassuring squeeze.

‘Okay’ siwon’s father suddenly announced after what kyuhyun thought a discussion about minho. ‘You both got to keep him but make sure to expose him to our relatives and others slowly. We don’t want them to speculate nonsense.’

‘Really dad?’ siwon ask his father with amazement. His father, one of the most strict person he ever know, is giving him and kyuhyun permission to keep minho without asking anything in return.

Wow

‘Yes. We don’t see any problem anyway. He’s already a Choi’ kyuhyun’s father answered while giving siwon a tender smile.

‘Thank you appa’

‘Thanks dad’

The elders let out a smile and walked to the bed to play with their new grandson. Siwon and kyuhyun couldn't be happier seeing the scene unfold before them.

Kyuhyun look up to his husband from where they were standing to whisper in his ear, 'Best birthday ever'

Siwon let out a grin and kiss his forehead.

 

3 Months Later

Kyuhyun closed his eyes and fell on the bed with a contented sigh. It’s been a long day today. Minho can’t stop crying because of his stomach ache. Poor siwon have to go back and forth to the store. After trying all sort of medicine and the crying still didn’t reduce, they decided to take minho to the doctor.

After having minho in the house, their life have become more merrier. Siwon always come home early and he didn’t bring home his unfinished work. After changing into his pajamas, his husband always went to the boy’s room to play with him. Minho had successfully called kyuhyun appa and now siwon is trying to teach him to call him daddy.

Life has been good

Suddenly he felt someone slip in next to him and not too long after, he felt a big familiar hand caressing his stomach. Without opening his eyes, he grabs the hand on his stomach and brings it to his mouth to give it a kiss.

‘You look tired baby’ he heard the familiar voice said. Siwon.

Kyuhyun open his eyes and see siwon is hovering over him. He let out a small chuckle to his husband. ‘You should see yourself. You look like you’re going to pass out any moment. Is minho asleep?’

‘Yes he is’ Siwon smile softly before he captured the red lips and give it a nibble.

‘Are you happy won?’ kyuhyun said after a moment they pull apart.

‘Why would you ask that?’

‘Just because’

‘Of course I’m happy. With you and minho. My already perfect life becomes more perfect’ siwon said while looking straight at kyuhyun’s eyes.

‘I’m glad then. But do you think minho will be fine when he knew the truth? I don’t want him to hate me. Us.’ Kyuhyun let out the worries he had on his mind ever since they decide to take minho in. the boy will grow soon and kyuhyun don’t want to keep anything from him. Minho deserves to know.

‘Don’t worry love. I’m sure minho will understand. We talk slowly with him’ siwon tried to comfort his husband. He didn’t want kyuhyun to think of something that will not happen in the short time.

‘Okay’

‘Now sleep. We had a long day tomorrow. Ara noona will come to see minho for the first time and from what I heard, minho is going to be pampered to the max’

Kyuhyun laughed at that. It’s true. His sister sound too excited when she heard the news over the phone. She even wanted to abandon her study in New York that time to see little minho herself. They had a hard time prevent her from coming and siwon had promised to send her lots of minho’s pictures in return if she promised to finish her last semester exams. She always cooed at how adorable the little boy is.

Yes tomorrow is going to be a loooong day

But right now, let him sleep first. Let him rest and clear his mind from all the fears of telling minho, on how to raise him to become a fine man. He will need lots of energy to deal with minho later and of course for many years to come. Because now minho is one of them and no one is going to take him away from kyuhyun and siwon. Ever.

The End


 

I hope it reach your expectations. Thank you for reading xD and I hope you enjoy.

Isn't he adorable? ;DD