❄ ❄ ❄

peppermint kisses

tumblr_inline_mxmftdt3Tu1s41e60.png

Snowflakes danced on the wind, swirling in all directions, dusty the streets of Seoul a sparkling white. Christmas was around the corner and certainly in the air. Passing strangers hummed familiar tunes as shops played the matching carols, people coming and going with shopping bags draped from their arms. As the sun dipped behind the horizon, a certain lanky boy with a messy mop of hair on his head ducked into a certain coffee shop.

“Minhwan!”

The aforementioned Minhwan—a short, brown haired boy with sleepy-looking eyes—grumbled from behind the counter where he stood. He was in the process of removing the brown apron uniform before he was, quite rudely, interrupted. Heaving a sigh and pinching the bridge of his nose, he called, “Seunghyun, you can’t just barge in here shouting like that. You’ll scare the customers away.”

The tall boy, Seunghyun, gazed around the shop with a look of bewilderment. “Customers? What customers? I don’t see any.”

Minhwan sighed a second time. “Exactly.”

“I’ll have a peppermint latte, by the way!” Seunghyun grinned, taking a seat at the table nearest the right side of the counter where Minhwan still stood.

“My shift ended three minutes ago,” Minhwan groaned.

“Please?” Seunghyun jutted out his bottom lip, staring at the shorter boy with wide, puppy-like eyes. Minhwan really hated that face.

“Fine, but only to get rid of that stupid look on your face.”

Seunghyun grinned. “Puppy eyes prevail once again!”

Minhwan rolled his eyes. The thing about Minhwan and Seunghyun’s relationship was how natural it was. They’d been best friends since high school—they even started a band with three other friends (that still played together regularly)—and somewhere down the line, they grew into something much more. They never had an uncomfortable stage, not even when Seunghyun kissed Minhwan for the first time. They were a little drunk, albeit, but when they sobered up the next morning, fingers laced and legs intertwined, and unspoken agreement was made through an exchange of smiles and wholehearted laughter, as if saying “it’s about damn time.”

“How was work today?” Seunghyun asked, not looking up from his current activity of folding and scrunching napkins. He had made a habit of emptying any napkin dispenser within a three mile radius. Today, however, he seemed to be making some sort of art resembling snow. Minhwan couldn’t hide the amused smile from his face.

“Kind of slow. Jaejin stopped by, though. He’s having the Christmas get-together tonight at his place.” Minhwan snatched a paper cup from the pile stacked neatly beneath the top counter and carried it to the latte machine. “I still haven’t picked up anyone’s gifts though, so I was hoping we could do some shopping before we go.”

Seunghyun still busied himself with the napkins, scattering pieces around the table as if portraying falling snow. “Yeah, sure. I need to do that too, anyway.”

Minhwan popped the lid onto Seunghyun’s drink and grabbed a double chocolate cookie as he moved from behind the counter to where Seunghyun sat. “Here you go.” He placed the drink and the cookie on top of Seunghyun’s “snow pile” and took a seat across from the boy.

“A cookie too?! Choi Minhwan, you really spoil me! You’re the best!” Seunghyun reached for his drink, but his hand was abruptly swatted away by an anxious Minhwan.

“Be patient! It’s still hot, you’ll burn yourself.” Minhwan urged the cookie forward. “Eat the cookie first.”

Seunghyun grinned toothily, reaching for Minhwan’s hand rather than the cookie. He held it tightly. “Little Minari always looking out for me, how cute.”

Minhwan rolled his eyes. “I just don’t want to deal with a whiny Seunghyun who burnt his tongue, is all.”

“But you’d still kiss it better.”

Minhwan was about to retort until the doorbells chimed and someone had walked in. He was relieved, however, to see that it was his co-worker who was now a total of thirteen minutes late. He was lucky today was extra slow, otherwise Minhwan would have been much angrier than he really was.

The older man bowed apologetically, hurrying behind the counter and tying his apron on. “I’m really sorry, Minhwan! The subway was delayed today, I’m really, really sorry!”

Minhwan sighed. “Yonghwa, this is the fourth time this week you’ve been late. Let’s make it the last, okay?”

Yonghwa nodded frantically. “Roger that, boss!”

“I was planning on staying a little after my shift anyway since Seunghyun was coming, but don’t let this happen again. Today could’ve been busy and I would’ve been stuck working overtime. Is that fair?”

“No, it’s not fair. I’m sorry.” Yonghwa shifted uncomfortably. “I promise it won’t happen again.”

“That’s what I like to hear.” Minhwan returned his attention to Seunghyun. “Why don’t you eat your cookie now?” Seunghyun hadn’t noticed he still had a warm grip on Minhwan’s hand. He laughed sheepishly and reached for the cookie.

❄ ❄ ❄

Minhwan and Seunghyun walked down the street, clad in warm scarves, toques, pea coats, and mittens. Seunghyun gripped tightly onto Minhwan’s hand, slightly swinging his arm with a wide smile on his face. In his other hand was his unfinished peppermint latte.

“It’s probably cooled down by now, you know,” Minhwan said, gesturing with his free hand to the latte.

“I know,” Seunghyun replied, “but I can’t drink and walk at the same time.”

Minhwan deadpanned. “Want to stop somewhere then? We could sit on that bench over there.” Minwhan pointed to a series of benches located between an assortment of holiday decorations. Brightly lit reindeer and snowmen served as excellent company for the pair of red-nosed boys.

Seunghyun nodded. “Okay!” He gazed down at his feet. “My toes are getting kind of sore.”

“You should be wearing warmer shoes. It’s winter, not summer. Don’t wear sneakers. What if you get frostbite?” Minhwan took a seat on the bench and motioned for Seunghyun to sit next to him.

“You’d kiss it better anyway, so it’s okay.”

Minhwan couldn’t suppress the redness that quickly rose to his cheeks. He looked away, but his lips curved into a small smile. “Maybe.”

Seunghyun took a sip of the latte and handed it over to Minhwan. “Want a sip?”

Minhwan nodded. “Sure.” He took the cup from Seunghyun’s hand and brought it to his lips, taking a sip himself.

Seunghyun snickered. “Indirect kiss!”

Minhwan nearly choked on the drink. “You’re a child.”

“But you love me.”

“That’s debatable.”

Seunghyun’s face dropped.

“I’m kidding!”

Seunghyun smirked and Minhwan gave him a (very loving) shove.

 

“Why don’t we just get Jaejin a Naruto figure or something?” Seunghyun suggested from behind Minhwan who was currently sifting through miscellaneous knick knacks hanging from hooks. “He collects those things, right?”

“He already has too many Naruto ones,” Minhwan mused thoughtfully, his hand stopping on a sign reading “Princess parking only—all others will be toad” in big white letters on a pink background. He snickered. “I guess we could get him an Itachi figure though, right? He loves Itachi.”

Seunghyun was distracted by the dozens of stuffed animals lining several shelves. “Who?”

“That guy with the lines on his face. Sasuke’s brother!”

“…Who?”

Minhwan sighed. “Are you meaning to tell me you didn’t pay attention at all when we watched those episodes together?”

“Yes, that’s what I’m meaning to tell you.” Seunghyun picked up a large giraffe, twirling it in his hands.

Minhwan grumbled. “Seunghyun! You make me watch your stupid comedy movies, you could at least pay attention to the stuff I wanna watch.”

“I was distracted, though.”

Doesn’t take much to distract you, Minhwan thought, but didn’t dare say, reasoning to keep it to himself. “What could possibly be more interesting than Itachi’s noble death and Sasuke’s emotional breakdown?”

“Your face looks really cute when you watch your animes. You get really into it. It’s cute.” Seunghyun said it with such ease, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. He exchanged the giraffe for a baby harp seal.

Minhwan’s face reddened as he hit Seunghyun gently on the shoulder. “Idiot.”

“But I’m your idiot!” Seunghyun waved the seal around excitedly.

Minhwan couldn’t help but laugh.

❄ ❄ ❄

“Why don’t we just get Hongki a bottle of cheap whisky and pretend it’s imported from Scotland or something? He’d be thrilled if he thought we actually spent a lot of money on him!” Seunghyun suggested as the pair wandered through the aisles. They were only here to buy a case of beer to bring to Jaejin’s, though they still hadn’t figured out presents for two of their three best friends.

“We shouldn’t be feeding his… Alcohol problem,” Minhwan reasoned, bending down to lift the case. Seunghyun instantly reached to help him with it. Though Seunghyun certainly was taller, it was Minhwan who had the most upper body strength, mostly thanks to his years of drumming. Still, he appreciated Seunghyun’s help, despite being unnecessary.

“What else should we get him, then? An ugly knitted sweater? A skull keychain?”

“He’s obsessed with skincare lately, why not get him a nice face cleanser? I’m sure there’s a whole bunch of package deals going on.”

Seunghyun mumbled, “I still like the ugly sweater idea. He lives for that .”

“Don’t swear in public, Seunghyun,” Minhwan reprimanded, “it’s impolite.”

Seunghyun frowned. “Sorry, mum.”

Minhwan frowned, too. “Don’t call me that.”

“I’m~ sorry~” Seunghyun practically singsonged at the top of his voice.

“Stop it! You’re embarrassing me!” Admittedly, Minhwan was embarrassed (it was a frequent occurrence whenever he was out with Seunghyun) but he really lived for moments like these. It was moments like these that reminded Minhwan why he loved Seunghyun so much. They were total opposites by every meaning of the word, yet somehow, they found a place within each other’s differences—they really complimented and brought out the best in each other. Seunghyun laughed all the way to the check out and Minhwan couldn’t wipe the wide smile off of his face.

❄ ❄ ❄

Seunghyun really loved coming to the music store. He loved gawking at all of the instruments and especially admiring the guitar section. He had a part-time job at a CD store, but most of his money went towards splitting rent with Minhwan for their shared apartment. But for the past almost year, Seunghyun had his eyes locked on a wood finish Fender. He’d been trying to set aside money, but Seunghyun never had been a wise spender, so most of his money was mostly spent on food, particularly cheap tacos which he loved treating Minhwan to. The guitar wasn’t a priority as much as Minhwan was, so he wasn’t exactly determined to buy it. He was quite content with the beaten up black Gibson and scratched up Tanglewood he’d both had for years.

Minhwan, however, was much more fascinated by a certain Ludwig snare drum. He’d been meaning to treat himself to a new one as his at home was starting to wear, but he figured he could make do until he absolutely needed one.

“Jonghun-hyung wanted a new tuner, right?” Seunghyun asked, voice sounding thoughtful. Minhwan cherished the moments where Seunghyun was visibly using his brain and engaging in actual thought process, though it seldom happened.

“Yeah, Hongki stepped on his brand new one last week and I doubt that he plans on replacing it.”

Seunghyun clicked his tongue. “Jeez, knowing him he’s gonna get Jonghun lingerie again. He’s such a-”

“Seunghyun.”

Seunghyun blinked. “What?”

“Don’t swear.”

“I wasn’t going to!”

Minhwan playfully raised a brow. “Oh, really?”

Seunghyun nodded earnestly, mirroring a child desperately trying to convince his mother, no, I didn’t climb the counter to reach the chocolate and accidentally break all of your expensive dishes in the process. Minhwan knew Seunghyun all too well, but he decided he’d entertain Seunghyun’s honesty, even if its level of trustworthiness was questionable. “If you say so.” Seunghyun smiled, obviously proud of himself. He really was like a child, but that’s one of the many reasons why Minhwan loves him.

“You know more about guitars than I do, so why don’t you go pick out a tuner so we can head over to Jaejin’s.”

Seunghyun flashed a thumbs up and quickly headed in the direction of miscellaneous instrument equipment and accessories. When Minhwan was certain the other boy was out of sight, he waved over an employee. “I’m interested in purchasing an instrument, but I was wondering if having it delivered was possible?”

❄ ❄ ❄

By the time Minhwan and Seunghyun were finally ready to go to Jaejin’s, it was already half past nine and they each had bags filled with wrapped presents hanging from their arms. Though Seunghyun had insisted, Minhwan graciously embraced the task of carrying the heavier items whereas Seunghyun carried the lighter ones.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Seunghyun asked for the umpteenth time in the last five minutes. Minhwan wasn’t annoyed though; he never truly did get annoyed with the taller boy. There was a certain charm to his antics that only seemed to fall on Minhwan’s eyes—the rest of the world could hardly stand Seunghyun’s regular behaviour. He was very loud and very open, he was repetitive and he laughed too much, he liked to tease and he liked to be silly. Hongki was usually the first to lose his patience, next would be Jonghun (though he’d usually play the calm motherly role, sternly yet softly telling Seunghyun to ‘please shut the up’), and Jaejin would find a way to jokingly tell Seunghyun to stop (though his eyes would betray him and show that he really wasn’t joking around at all), but Minhwan? Minhwan never got annoyed. Not even after a long day at work with a bad head cold, coming home to an especially anxious and bouncy Seunghyun whose words spewed at a mile a minute, babbling about how he thought Minhwan had drowned in the rain and was taken away by the sea. But Minhwan found a calm within the storm that was Song Seunghyun and although it was a wonder to everyone else, it made sense to Minhwan. Minhwan resided in the eye of Seunghyun and he wouldn’t have it any other way.

“I’m really okay!” Minhwan managed to give a thumbs up with his left hand—the hand carrying the beer—hoping it was enough to prove to Seunghyun that he really was more than capable of carrying the heavy bags.

Seunghyun sighed in defeat. “Well, if it gets too much, just tell me, and I’ll carry you and the bags!”

Minhwan laughed. “Of course.” As they approached Jaejin’s apartment building, Minhwan looked up at Seunghyun. “Would you mind calling Jaejin to let him know that we’re here? Maybe tell him to send someone down to help us carry all of this.”

Seunghyun nodded. “Sure can!” He carefully maneuvered his phone from out of his coat pocket and, though it was a struggle, managed to call Jaejin and put him on speakerphone.

“Shut up, Hongki, I’m on the phone! Hey! Are you guys here?”

Seunghyun and Minhwan both chuckled, hearing Hongki singing some popular girl group song in the background. Leave it to Hongki to be the first to dip into the booze. “Yeah, we’re outside the building. Wanna send not Hongki down to come help us carry this stuff up? We kind of have a lot.”

“Sure, Jonghun’s coming. I need to make sure Hongki doesn’t break anything again.” A loud crash was heard in the background followed by a slew of curse words in what sounded like Jonghun’s voice when Hongki breaks something important. Minhwan grimaced.

“I don’t think you’re doing a very good job,” Seunghyun muttered, though it probably fell upon deaf ears.

Jonghun met with them about five minutes later, scowl on his face.

“What’d he break this time?” Seunghyun asked.

“Girlfriend number three,” he grumbled, hands stuffed angrily into his pockets. “And if we’re not fast enough, he might break two and four before we even get to the elevator.” Jonghun relieved Minhwan of the beer which warranted a gracious, mouth “thank you” from Minhwan. Jonghun just nodded and quickly led the way into the building, not wasting any time—each passing second was a chance for Hongki to do some serious damage and there was no way Jonghun was losing anymore girlfriends to Hongki tonight.

❄ ❄ ❄

“Please tell me he didn’t break anything while I was gone,” Jonghun begged exasperatedly.

Jaejin shook his head. “No worries! I requested a soft ballad, so his thrashing was kept to a minimum.”

Jonghun sighed. “That’s a relief.” He set the beer down. “Anyway, let’s get started!”

It only took a couple bottles of beer until Seunghyun had his hands around the neck of one of Jonghun’s girlfriends, strumming the tune of All I Want For Christmas Is You while the rest of them sang along, rather obnoxiously. Minhwan patted a beat against his thighs, body rocking with the rhythm, Hongki was belting the lyrics as if he truly was Mariah Carey, and Jaejin and Jonghun laughed through the entire song, arms laying loosely on each other’s shoulders, swaying from side to side.

When the song came to a (rather loud and cheery) close, Jaejin clapped his hands together to signal that he had something important to say. “Time to exchange gifts!”

“Gifts?” Jonghun questioned. “Jaejin, you already got your gift.”

Jaejin blinked. “I did?”

“Me!”

The group fell silent.

Jaejin repeated, “I did?”

More silence.

“I thought I was all you wanted for Christmas.”

Seunghyun was the first to laugh, and the others were quick to join in soon after.

“It’s not midnight yet though,” Seunghyun pointed out honestly. Despite how eager and excited he was to give and get gifts, he wanted to stick to tradition. “One more hour and then we can!”

Hongki shook his head. “Now! Now! Who cares?!”

Seunghyun crossed his arms. “Absolutely not! We can’t soil the spirit of Christmas!”

Minhwan nodded in agreement. “Seunghyun’s right. Let’s just play another round of 3-6-9!”

Hongki whooped in excitement, though he was really only excited for more of an excuse to drink a lot—he was especially bad at this game.

❄ ❄ ❄

Seunghyun was the first to notice the time change from 11:59 to 12:00, screaming “Merry Christmas!” right on cue, nearly knocking over Minhwan’s bottle of beer in the process. “Gift time! Gift time!”

“Who’s playing Santa this year?” Minhwan asked, taking a last swig of beer and placing the empty bottle along with all the others in the box.

“Seunghyun should,” Jaejin decided, handing him the hat and beard to match.

The five boys shuffled over to the Christmas tree where a nice pile of gifts waited patiently underneath. Seunghyun reached for the bottle-shaped gift wrapped in brown paper. He read out the tag, “To Jonghun, from Hongki.” He handed it off to Jonghun.

“, I wonder what it could be?” Jonghun wondered rather sarcastically, thoroughly inspecting the gift before tearing at the brown paper only to reveal a bottle of tequila. “Oh wow! What a surprise!” Jonghun exclaimed, holding the bottle high in the air. “I really didn’t expect this at all! It’s not like I’ve gotten the same thing from Hongki for the past six years or anything!”

“Why do you think you get it every year?” Hongki asked quite honestly.

“Do tell me,” Jonghun retorted.

“Because every year, you act even more surprised! It’s amazing! Six years strong and you still don’t see it coming! How dumb are you?!” Hongki nearly toppled over from laughing. Naturally, everyone else joined in, sure to not kill Hongki’s hopes of being the greatest gift buyer of all time.

Next, Seunghyun reached for the small box topped with a big red bow. “To Jaejin, from Jonghun.” He handed it over to Jaejin.

“If this is something expensive, I’m actually going to kill you,” Jaejin warned, hesitantly untying the ribbon and lifting the lid. As he stared at the contents, his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. “Choi Jonghun, you’re dead to me.”

“What is it?!” Seunghyun asked excitedly.

“Just put it on!” Jonghun urged.

Reluctantly, Jaejin snapped the watch on around his wrist, the lights from the Christmas tree causing the silver to shine a number of different colours.

“Ooh~” Seunghyun, Minhwan, and Hongki all sang in unison.

“I seriously can’t believe you sometimes, you know?!” A wide smile overtook Jaejin’s face. “Thank you though, it’s really nice.”

 

After nearly an hour of going through the motions of opening gifts, there were two lone presents—both contrasting in size—left to open. Hongki was too busy trying to fit his new and atrociously tacky sweater over his head to be paying full attention, but Jonghun and Jaejin were rather eager to see the last two gifts be revealed as they were Seunghyun’s and Minhwan’s gifts for each other.

Seunghyun reached for Minhwan’s gift first, handing it over to the smaller boy. “To Minari, love from me.”

The gift was a good size, Minhwan thought to himself, it was big enough to fit on his crossed legs and light enough to sit there comfortably. He tore away the wrapping paper and opened up the box, anxiously looking inside to see the exact snare drum he’d been eyeing in the store. He, with much delicacy, pushed the box and drum to the side in order to turn to Seunghyun and hug him tightly. “Thank you!”

Seunghyun instantly returned the hug, giving Minhwan a peck on the cheek. “You’re welcome!”

Minhwan pulled away and handed Seunghyun the final gift of the night. “And for you.”

Seunghyun excitedly took the gift from Minhwan, gently shaking it to test the contents. It made a rattling sort of sound, giving Seunghyun the impression that there were multiple things inside. He placed the present on his lap and ripped the wrapping off, taking the lid of the box off along with it. The box was full of peppermint candies, a box of peppermint tea, and a mug that said “idiot” with a heart next to it in black lettering. Perched inside the mug was a folded piece of paper. Seunghyun was used to Minhwan having cheesy plans hidden up his sleeve, and Seunghyun looked forward to it every year. He unfolded the paper to reveal the word “patience” scribbled on it.

“I give you the gift of patience,” Minhwan stated, “but I gave you some peppermint things to keep you busy while you wait.” He grinned.

Seunghyun already popped two of the five candies into his mouth and mumbled something along the lines of, “If I finish them fast enough, will I get to my surprise?”

Minhwan only laughed, saying, “I guess you’ll have to wait and see.”

❄ ❄ ❄

Everyone but Minhwan had all fallen asleep by three, snoring under blankets, the five of them huddled up close by the tree. It was reminiscent of their high school days when the five of them would have sleep overs like this after a long day of practicing in Jonghun’s garage. Minhwan smiled into the cup of peppermint tea that a snoozing Seunghyun had long forgotten about. Finishing the drink off, he placed a very soft kiss on Seunghyun’s lips. “Merry Christmas, Seunghyun.”

❄ ❄ ❄

It was a few days after Christmas, but the holiday spirit still remained thick in the air. Seunghyun had been really good the past few days, too, patiently awaiting what Minhwan had planned, though he was starting to have his doubts.

“It’s not a prank, right?” Seunghyun checked, just to be sure. “You’re not trying to teach me patience or anything, right?”

Minhwan ruffled his hair. “I’m not that cruel, Seunghyun. There’s something coming, so just sit tight and wait.” Minhwan returned his grip around Seunghyun’s exposed waist, his white t-shirt riding up above his bellybutton.

Seunghyun ran his fingers through Minhwan’s hair, eyes blinking sleepily. “Well, if you say so.”

Then, there was a knock on the door. Seunghyun’s eyes shot open, fully alert and aware now. His heart was racing and anticipation surged through his veins as he scrambled out of Minhwans grip and into a pair of flannel pyjama pants. Seunghyun, being the excited-as-a-child-on-Christmas-morning kind of person as he is, raced down the few steps leading from the bedroom to the main area of the apartment, nearly tripping over himself. He collided face first with the door, warranting an “Are you okay?!” from Minhwan who was cocooned in the now-empty bed that Seunghyun had haphazardly leapt out of. When Seunghyun didn’t respond, Minhwan rolled out of bed, tiptoeing down the steps and hovering a few metres away from Seunghyun. A knowing smile crept onto his lips.

Seunghyun, quickly brushing himself off, threw open the door and greeted the courier with a warm smile. “Merry Christmas!” he exclaimed.

“I have a delivery for a Song Seunghyun,” the man said, returning Seunghyun’s warm welcome with a friendly grin, “I presume that’s you?”

Seunghyun’s eyes widened, his lips curling into the most Cheshire-esque smile he’d ever donned. “Yes! That’s me! Song Seunghyun is me!”

In the courier’s arms was a large box that looked awfully awkward to carry; Minhwan was eternally grateful that the man brought it all the way up to the tenth floor of the complex. Minhwan only hoped that Seunghyun’s reaction made the trek worthwhile for the man. Seunghyun excitedly relieved the courier of the box, a little taken aback by its weight, but he (fortunately) managed to keep his balance.

“Merry Christmas!” the courier said with a wave, nodding to both Seunghyun and Minhwan, before taking his leave for the elevator.

Seunghyun immediately shot Minhwan a look of wholehearted joy. He gently set the box down and searched it for any sign or the sender’s identity, to see if it really was Minhwan’s surprise. To his dismay, he found nothing, so he figured it was best to open it up and see what was inside. He sat down cross-legged and carefully tore open the box to reveal its contents. He was first greeted by a familiar baby harp seal plushie that he instantly rescued from the box and hugged it to his chest. “I have something to hug when Minhwan isn’t here now!”

Minhwan rolled his eyes. “Come on now, I’m sure that’s not the best of the gift. There’s still more in there, look!”

Seunghyun placed the plush seal on his lap before reaching in to reveal the big gift. It was securely wrapped in bubble paper which told Seunghyun it was something very, very fragile, so Seunghyun removed the paper with much, much care. He knew the moment the body of the instrument was revealed that it was exactly what he’d wanted for quite some time. Turning to face Minhwan, he threw himself onto the smaller boy, accidentally squishing his new seal friend in the process. “Choi Minhwan! You’re the best! Really, really the best!” He peppered Minhwan’s face with sloppy kisses that only sanctioned breathless giggles from Minhwan.

“Seunghyun! I can’t breathe!”

“I love you! I love you! I! Love! You!” Seunghyun locked his arms around the boy and gave him one final kiss of gratitude, pressing his lips to Minhwan’s. Minhwan returned it, wrapping his arms around Seunghyun’s neck.

“Merry Christmas, Seunghyun. I love you.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

a/n: i really hope you enjoyed reading this half as much as i enjoyed writing it. it was inspired by toronto's first (real) snowfall of the season and one fine day by morrie. it's been a while since i wrote something without even a hint of angst in it, so i'm very proud and excited to have finished this! and in one day too! i'd like to apologise for any inaccuracies regarding the snare drum as i know much more about guitars than i do drums. i would also especially like to thank my dear friend kaia for being a big motivator in completing this! they always support and encourage anything i write, so i probably couldn't have done this without them uwwu anyway, happy holidays everyone!