Final.

Real Dreams

He was surrounded completely by blackness, there was not a soul in sight nor an object, but that wasn’t the part that scared him anymore. No, he was used to this; he was used to being completely alone at first. But that was only because there was going to be a point in time where someone else was going to make an appearance, and that’s when he really wanted to be alone.

Looking around, the blackness just seemed to linger on forever; Jongin, however, was calm at this fact. It meant that nothing was happening yet. He was safe in the darkness; he was safe as long as nothing around him changed. But of course, every time he reached that point in his dreams, everything transformed around.

No longer was there just blackness, but there was a figure lingering in the dark, watching him now. The eyes that were gazing into his soul were dark and as much as he hated to admit it, they were so damn intriguing. They drew him closer.

It was his downfall every time. His feet would often take a life of their own and they moved him closer towards those devastating eyes.

The silence was piercing. It made Jongin’s heartbeat grow even faster; it made his body tremble in fear of something unexpected happening. Those eyes kept him walking in a straight line, however, and maybe that was another reason that every time he had this recurring dream he would walk right up to the terrifying figure in the dark. If he didn’t, would he waver somewhere else that he had never been before? Jongin was terrified of that.

Just like in every other dream of his, Jongin was now currently frozen directly in front of the lingering figure. Those eyes were now even more intriguing, the colour was brown but it was a shade Jongin couldn’t describe.

A scarf was covering the man’s nose and mouth; he never saw the other’s face completely, that’s what kept the mystery high between them. All that could be seen was his eyes and his dark and dirty blonde coloured hair. Not a single word was ever said between them, the atmosphere was eerie and Jongin couldn’t say when he had ever felt more scared.

The stranger’s hand moved up suddenly, making Jongin flinch. Usually, the other didn’t make a move, and only stared him down. This was different.

When the hand made contact with the skin on his cheek, Jongin felt his body completely lock down. The stranger’s hand was cold. No, wait, Jongin shook his head at that thought completely, because that wasn’t true. The cold part was true; the hand was freezing against his own warm skin.

It was the ‘stranger’ part that wasn’t true.

Even though Jongin knew nothing about the figure that constantly appeared in his dreams, to say that he was a stranger was a complete lie. Something about him was so damn familiar, like he knew him. In a way Jongin did, he had been seeing this man in his dreams constantly for around three years now; of course there was some sense of recognition between them. But that’s all there was, and that’s all Jongin wanted there to be. Because it scared him. Everything about this whole situation terrified him to the very bones in his entire body.

The hand on his cheek continued to move up and down his face, his fingertips trailing carefully with no pressure. Jongin watched in surprise as the blonde’s hand moved away until it was tugging at the scarf around the bottom half of his face.

And when his face was about to be revealed, Jongin felt the ground below his feet disappear completely.

Safe to say Jongin was completely nervous about what he was about to do. It was his own doing, but he still felt his body tremble a little as he stood outside the door where he was finally going to be getting some help. Or at least, that was the point of the whole thing anyway; to try and fix his mind and his own dreams. They were beginning to affect his own personal life and that’s something he didn’t want to happen – so the only thing he could do was visit someone who is qualified and trained to deal with situations like this.

Taking a deep breath, he glanced over at the receptionist again who just nodded her head with a kind smile and motioned him to go inside. Jongin twisted the door knob and carefully walked inside, looking around the room, feeling rather at ease at how it was all presented.

It was a place for relaxation of course, which meant it was supposed to be a calming atmosphere. Jongin looked around and noticed the man standing beside the desk, wearing jeans and a plain t-shirt with a simple black jacket over it.

Clearing his throat, Jongin watched the other turn around.

“You must be Kim Jongin, correct?” The other asked, and Jongin nodded instantly in reply. “Come sit.”

The man was rather younger than the other was expecting, and with a slightly better appearance as well. He nodded before moving over to the couch and taking a seat on it. It was very comfortable; everything about the room he was currently residing in made him feel more at ease than he was beforehand.

Once the other had sat on the couch opposite himself, the conversation began.

“My name is Do Kyungsoo; I’ll be your dream therapist for your sessions.” The psychologist explained, smiling to the other as kindly as he could put himself as, before leaning forward and chuckling. “There’s no need to be nervous Jongin, this is all for you, you call the shots here.” He said, and Jongin felt his body relax a little at how the other was acting. The atmosphere got better, and he leaned back into the couch a little.

Once he nodded, the psychologist began asking the basic questions as the session properly started.

Soon enough, Kyungsoo had gotten a good idea of the other’s problems.

“Okay, all I want you to do is to describe to me, how you feel – completely honestly – when you stand beside this figure in your dream.” He said, looking cautiously to the other’s facial expression, just watching to see if the other was in fact going to be completely honest. There was no reason not to be anyway.

Jongin simply nodded and closed his eyes. All he had to do was try his best to revert himself to the dream world and pretend that the stranger was standing directly in front of him. When it finally worked, he took a deep breath and began speaking.

“I feel scared.”

The psychologist just listened carefully, not daring to interrupt. The other could take as long as he needed.

Jongin pursed his lips and try to calm himself down.

“I’m not safe when I’m beside him. My whole body shuts down and I can’t move any of my limbs. I-I’m scared… t-t-terrified.” He explains, his hands clenching into fists as he tried to fight off the familiar feeling. Biting his lip, he opened his eyes and stared over at Kyungsoo who was just listening intently. The other wasn’t judging him. “But now, he touches my cheek, and it just gets worse.”

Kyungsoo watched him carefully and wrote a few notes on the notepad in his hand and waited silently for the other to continue. But Jongin didn’t say anything else, and as he waited another few minutes, he realised that the other boy wasn’t going to say anything.

Sitting up straight, he cleared his throat a little and he gained the other’s attention.

“Jongin, are you afraid of going to sleep?” Kyungsoo asked, looking at him at him rather curiously. The other blinked a few times before he scrunched up his eyes.

He’d never thought about it. But if Jongin really had to think about it now, then he’d definitely say that yes, every single time that his head hit his pillow, he didn’t want to get transported back to that dream world. However, everyone needed sleep, and Jongin simply it up and closed his eyes softly. But now, he was super reluctant to even visit the place anymore.

Nodding his head, he slightly pulled on the material on the couch and bit his lip.

“I don’t want to go back.”

“Why?”

“I’m scared that the other is going to hurt me.”

Kyungsoo tilted his head slightly and simply gave the other time to think. Jongin took a deep breath again before looking up at the dream therapist and tilting his head to the side a little.

“What do I do?” he wondered, and the other chuckled.

“Jongin, I’m not here to tell you what to do. I’m here to give advice and to help you to understand what is going on with you.” Kyungsoo said, smiling at the other before continuing to speak. “I can’t say that I will definitely be able to help you make the dreams disappear, but perhaps understanding what’s going on will be able to help you psychologically and physically.”

Everything that the other was saying was weirdly calming to Jongin. Nodding his head again, he leaned back and closed his eyes. If he could understand who his man was and why he was tormenting him, then maybe he’d be able to dream about something normal for a change.

Well that’s what he hoped for anyway.

The darkness settled in, and Jongin couldn’t stop his body from tensing up just at the sight on absolute nothingness. The loneliness that ran through him and that made his body tingled was welcomed and praised, it was at this moment where he actually felt safe from the world – both outside and inside his own simple yet complex and confusing mind.

But it seemed that as days passed on and he entered the dream world more and more, things had begun to change. Only slight things.

Like the darkness.

It had begun to move quicker throughout his dreams, and Jongin could tell that the time between him feeling safe and alone in his world and with the distant figure appearing across the dark was slowly becoming shorter and shorter. The whole feeling of being pulled towards him was also intensifying. However, Jongin had a little more control over his body now – not that he could move, but he didn’t tremble as much.

Yet still, not a single word was able to leave his lips. And not a single mutter escaped the others. Mystery was still entangled in his world, and he wasn’t close to understanding any of it.

And there he was, only minutes after being in the complete solitude of the darkness.

The man with the dirty blonde hair appeared even closer than before, but still, there was still a scarf around his face. Jongin hated it. He hated the fact that’s its almost been four years and he had no idea what the other even looked like. Maybe that was what scared him the most, the fact that the figure could be anyone.

Then his legs completely disobeyed his mind and he began walking forward to the other’s position.

Once they were mere inches apart, the figure’s hand moved to his cheek once again. That’s how it always went now. Jongin would feel the other’s drastically cold hand touch his face, and they’d stand still for minutes on end until Jongin felt himself jump awake.

“Are you alright?” Kyungsoo asked as the other suddenly sprang awake from his dream-induced state, looking rather scared once again. The boy’s own skin was trembling as he heaved. The therapist moved over to Jongin and placed his hand on the other’s shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze before he repeated the question again. “Are you alright Jongin?”

The younger boy looked up at Kyungsoo and sighed in relief when he was sure he was out of his dream. It was getting harder and harder to know what was a dream, and what was reality.

What he felt inside his dream state was too extreme and exotic not to be real. But it wasn’t.

Seeing Kyungsoo reassured him of this. Nodding his head again at the other’s question, he took a deep breath and sat up from the bed he was currently in. They were doing a small experiment where Jongin would fall asleep in the other’s presence and Kyungsoo would watch and record what happens. Once he awoke, Jongin was super glad to see the older man standing beside him with that smile on his lips. It calmed his body completely.

“Come on, I think that’s enough for today.” Kyungsoo explained before he grabbed the young boy’s arm and pulled him outside the office. “I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

Jongin smiled and nodded his head, a little sad that he had to leave already.

Besides, all he did was sleep. Once Kyungsoo saw the other’s rather saddened expression, he chuckled a little before leaning down and putting his hand on the other’s shoulder once again. Both of them stared into each other’s eyes and Kyungsoo’s eyes moved all over the young boy’s body. There was a heat and lust between them that neither pushed upon, but there was no need to completely ignore them. Kyungsoo bit his lip before he grinned and moved backwards.

“Goodbye Jongin.”

Jongin stared at him with a small blush appearing on his cheeks before he turned around and walked out of the office with a small smile on his face. Nope, he didn’t mind the other flirting with him, not one bit.

That night, his dream was different. It changed.

That night, the darkness was almost suffocating. The loneliness wanted to make him throw up, and he felt like giving anything just to have someone else occupy that large empty space all around him. Never has he felt the need for that strange blonde man to appear more strongly than now.

Looking around, Jongin’s breathing began hastening a little before he suddenly saw a figure in the distance, a figure that was very recognisable. Eyes widening, he felt his legs move on their own again, but this time, he didn’t try to stop, instead, he moved his long legs even faster and he managed to reach the blonde even faster than all of those times before.

When he neared the masked figure, he felt the suffocation disappear, and a sudden calming feeling washed over his heart.

But when he saw the other’s eyes gaze into his own, he felt his throat become choked up. It was those eyes that made his body freeze up in fear. That feeling of calming moved away and he felt the older feelings rise up once again. The blonde’s hand moved to his cheek again, and Jongin was ready to wake up once again. Yet, he didn’t, time continued to move on.

The hand moved from his cheek and instead slid down to his neck, the fingertips softly his skin and Jongin felt himself become surprised and scared. As if everything wasn’t as strange as it could be, the dream got even more confusing.

Jongin watched as the blonde’s other hand that was dangling beside his body was brought up towards his own face. He softly pulled on the scarf around his face before pulling it down and showing the boy in front of him his full face. The silence grew heavier, but Jongin took all of this time to judge and decipher the other’s face.

He had a perfectly defined jawline, and his lips were rather pink and turned up into a smirk. Somehow, Jongin recognised the entirety of his face.

This was impossible.

After all of this time, he had never gotten the chance to see the stranger’s face because of the scarf, and now that it was off, he wasn’t as surprised at the other’s appearance as he should’ve been.

The dream continued for a while in silence and no one moved at all.

Until the blonde moved closer and everything moved so fast. Jongin’s breath hitched as the other’s body was suddenly pushed up against him and he felt lips up against his ear.

Only two single words left the other’s mouth and it scared the life out of Jongin before he suddenly woke up.

“You’re mine.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as those words left his patients mouth, because it had been so long since there had even been movement in Jongin’s dreams, and now, this was a huge improvement. The therapist moved forward to look for honesty in the other’s eyes, and the way Kai looked at him, he knew, he knew that the man in his dreams had really shown his face, and had really spoken.

“That’s… that’s amazing.” He whispered, leaning back into his chair and simply smiling at nothing. It made Jongin a little uncomfortable at how happy the man was at the improvement in his dreams.

Moving forward, he tilted his head a little at Kyungsoo.

“Um, why are you so happy about this?” Jongin wondered, and the psychiatrist moved forward and smiled as kindly as he could.

“Because I can finally make new moves now.” Kyungsoo explained, but it was clear on the expression on the other’s face that he didn’t really understand. “Jongin, can you clearly recreate that man’s face?” he wondered, and Jongin frowned a little before the image popped into his brain and he nodded. “Then we can get someone in to sketch him. You can tell him the features and I can see him. Maybe new analysis can come out of all of this.”

The younger boy looked up at him and nodded. It did sound like some sort of a breakthrough of understanding his dreams. And if there was a way to do that, Kai was up for anything.

“Let’s do it then.”

It was a couple of weeks later, and Kai once again found himself on the couch in Kyungsoo’s office staring at the perfect imitation of the man in his dreams, drawn onto the piece of paper in his hand. Seeing the face again made him shiver. Jongin didn’t really know how he felt about it.

The dream hadn’t occurred since the last big movement, in fact; he had been sleeping rather comfortably ever since then.

Maybe it also had something to do with the psychiatrist as well.

In the last two weeks, they had gotten pretty close. Kyungsoo hadn’t been at all shy or nervous in approaching him with flirtations and little invites to go on dates. And Kai wasn’t going to be the person that rejected someone that he could like. Until now, they had been on three dates: dinner, movies, dinner again.

And yes, Kai had to admit that he really enjoyed Kyungsoo’s company, even out of the office it was highly reassuring.

Now it was the date where he was going to enjoy a homemade meal at Kyungsoo’s and then watch a movie on the couch. But both of them new what this date really meant – it was the main date in their relationship.

For Kyungsoo, he was getting worried about actually asking Jongin to be his boyfriend.

For Jongin, he was getting worried because of what’ll happen at the end of the night.

Both of them were making themselves nervous, but this was also a good thing for Jongin because that meant his mind was completely ignorant of his dreams. That blonde man’s face was no longer haunting him for the moment and all he could think of was Kyungsoo.

Now that he was nearing Kyungsoo’s front door, his body began shaking a little. Some of it was because of the excitement of being able to see him, and the other was nervousness.

Oh, he just hoped the psychiatrist thought the same.

When the door was opened, Jongin smiled as the other stood there looking as dashing as usual or maybe even more so.

“Come on in.” Kyungsoo whispered before stepping aside and letting the other move into his house. The boy looked around the structure with curiosity but he felt immediately at ease within the house. “Dinner is already set up.” The older whispered before he shut the front door and softly placed his hand on Jongin’s back, pushing him towards the kitchen.

Jongin smiled as he moved into the kitchen and saw the small feast on the table. Turning to Kyungsoo, the other chuckled before they moved closer together.

“It looks amazing.” Kai whispered, desperate to try the other’s cooking.

“First things first…”

When the younger turned around, suddenly he felt Kyungsoo’s soft lips pushed up against his own, and he felt the man’s body pressed up against him. The first thing he did was close his own eyes and push back against the older.

Kyungsoo moved away slowly, biting his lip to try and stop from grinning before he held onto Jongin’s hands and cleared his throat a little.

“Will you be my boyfriend?” The psychiatrist asked, and Kai’s face reddened.

“Okay…” The boy whispered, his cheeks reddening a little before he looked up at the older who was simply grinning at him. Both of them just stared at each other in silence before they moved in for another kiss – a very passionate one. Kyungsoo placed his arms around Kai’s waist and pulled him closer again, keeping his eyes open just so he could watch Jongin’s perfectly shaped and beautiful face. Once they moved away, the older motioned over to the table.

“Want to eat?” he asked, and the younger just nodded.

The same routine, the same darkness, but everything happened faster. Soon enough, Jongin found himself facing the unmasked blonde once again, and he analysed his facial features. Nothing had changed, but there was still something about the blonde that made Jongin terrified. The two words that first left the stranger’s mouth continued to roll through his mind over and over again, repeatedly reminding him of what had happened the last time.

‘You’re mine.’

The very thought terrified him, and Kai tried to constantly remind himself that it was only a dream, and not real. However, he never believed it – no matter how many times he repeated it.

Just as he gazed into the brown eyes of the blonde, a deep voice entered his ears once again, and he found himself in unknown territory.

This was bad.

“Why have you betrayed me?” The blonde whispered but his tone of voice was cold and unnerving. Jongin opened his mouth to try and reply, but no words left his mouth and he felt his entire throat close up. Yet the other continued to talk. “I told you already, yet, you still betray me.” Kai saw the other walk around him until he was out of sight, but he could feel the blonde push up against his back and press his lips up against his ear. “Tell me why, Jongin.”

So he did know his name. The whole situation felt very threatening to him, yet his body continued not to move or obey him. But what did he mean about a ‘betrayal’? Jongin was just confused and scared.

“By betrayal I mean this: you and that therapist. What you done with him tonight.”

Jongin’s eyes widened at the other’s words. How does he know about Kyungsoo? And how the hell did he know about their night-time activities?

“I know because it’s you. I can see everything you do. Feel everything you feel. I can hear every single thought that passes through your head.”

Kai felt the other’s fingers run through his hair.

He could hear his thoughts? Now being rational and all, Jongin wasn’t going to believe him but then he reminded himself that he was currently residing in a dream world – talking to a dream man that haunted him. Nothing was weird in this universe.

But that word shook him. Betrayal.

“Don’t you remember what I told you, Jongin?” he asked, pressing up against Kai even more. “You’re mine. Not that stupid therapist’s. He’s not allowed to touch you.”

Jongin’s heartbeat grew faster at the other’s slight threats. How could someone he didn’t even know ‘own’ him? It didn’t make sense. Just when he thought his dreams were calming down, this happens. Shutting his eyes tightly, he tried to ignore the hand that was currently running through his hair and the lips that were slightly touching his own ear lobe.

“If you promise to do as I say, I’ll give you something in return.”

What could Jongin possibly want from the other now? He could hear the blonde chuckle deeply from behind him and Jongin was reminded of the other’s peculiar hearing abilities.

“I’ll give you my name.”

Jongin’s eyes opened and he turned his head ever so slightly to the side. He couldn’t see the man's face completely, but he saw those eyes and all he did was nod. Jongin made a promise in his head, but it was nothing more than empty and he wasn't going to let the other know that. Not now. But if he received a name, maybe he could put some of these dreams away and finally live like a normal person in society.

"My name is Kris."

Kris. Kris. That name sounded familiar in his ears, but Jongin was sure he had never heard that name until this very moment. Maybe he had known all along that was name.

"Now go. Don't see that therapist again. And I'll see you when you dream."

...

"You got a name?!" Kyungsoo seemed overly excited in this new advancement in his patient's - or otherwise known as his boyfriend's - dreams and case. "That's amazing..." The therapist gave him a grin before running over and hugging the shoulders of the boy that was simply stunned on the couch.

Jongin giggled as Kyungsoo was eventually perched on his lap. When the therapist moved backwards a little, both of them stared at each other before the psychologist cleared his throat and moved away.

"...that was unprofessional." 

The boy just rolled his eyes before standing up and moving towards Kyungsoo. He was finally glad to be able to be this close with someone, and it was even better that he knew everything weird about him, something that Jongin thought would push everyone away. Smiling, he hugged the other's torso before diving his head into the other's chest. Both of them felt really content at the moment, as if nothing in the outside world could touch them. That is, until there was a slightly familiar voice over the phone that was alerting Kyungsoo that their session was now supposed to be finishing.

Kyungsoo smiled sadly before taking a hold of Jongin's hands and moving down, whispering ever so softly in his ear promises of a dinner that night, and a warm cuddle on the bed.

"See you tonight." The younger said, smiling and tilting his head.

"See you tonight."

...

A couple of weeks passed, and just as Jongin's life was reaching it's peaking point of complete happiness and ecstasy, something had gone wrong, but Jongin didn't know what had caused it. The difference was the silence.

The silence was penetrating but extremely frustrating. 

His dreams had gone quiet - which he supposed was a very good thing, but also very suspicious because they had never just switched off for this amount of time before - and his boyfriend had suddenly cut off all communications with him, banning him from seeing him at all. It had been now a few days without any contact at all with Kyungsoo, and he was feeling very worried.

Kyungsoo wasn't picking up his phone.

Kyungsoo wasn't attending their sessions.

Kyungsoo wasn't answering his front door.

Jongin felt like he was being very pushy every time he knocked on that door. What if the other thought he was simply too much of a burdence and tried to break all ties with him. Maybe he was annoying him. Maybe he should just stop trying to talk to the other and let him be, it was obviously what the other wanted. But, after all this time, he didn't want to let go. The one person that he could be himself with, was now ignoring him. He couldn't stay away without a rational explanation.

Knocking on his door again, he sighed in frustration and the utter ignorance of his boyfriend.

"Kyungsoo? Please open the door." He shouted, raising his voice very loudly. Jongin banged on the door again before moving to the window and looking in. There was no movement, but there was a single light on in the house, meaning he must be home. Returning to the door, he spoke again. "Someone's in there. Can you open the door? It's Jongin." 

Groaning, he placed his hand shakily on the door knob and took a deep breath. This goes far by pushy and obsessed. Entering Kyungsoo's house without his knowledge was seriously unorthodox, but he needed to find out why he was being ignored.

He pushed open the door and took light footsteps inwards, shutting the front door behind him softly. Looking around, he spoke again.

"Kyungsoo?" His voice was lowered now. Moving into the room which was engulfed with light, he sighed when he saw a tuff of black hair on the bed, and a body underneath the red duvet covers. "Kyungsoo. Why can't you just talk to me instead of ignoring me?" he wondered, moving forward and sitting on the edge of the bed with a sour expression on his face.

The silence was frustrating. 

"Kyungsoo." He was starting to get annoyed at the lack of respect heading his way. "Kyungsoo. Please just talk to me." Silence. Just utter silence. "Kyungsoo."

Jongin moved his hand to the duvet and he moved it down slowly, uncovering the other's body.

His eyebrows scrunched a little before he softly touched Kyungsoo's cheek and turned his head towards his own.

"Oh my ing god."

The other's skin was ice cold, his eyes were sketched open but his pupils were lifeless. Jongin couldn't stop his body from shaking intensely before he moved his two fingers to the older's neck. That's when his own eyes stayed wide open. There was no heartbeat. There was no cuts or bruises anywhere on Kyungsoo and no evidence of how this could happen. The boy felt hot, scolding tears floating down his cheeks as he stood up from the bed and began taking steps backwards. His hands were shaking as he simply stared at his dead boyfriend on the bed.

"No. No. No. N-No. N-No..." his lips were quivering and the tears wouldn't stop. He felt his back hit the wall and he slid down it, grabbing his knees and holding them to his chest. "P-Please Kyungsoo..." Pain sped through his body and he began to hyperventilate.

Breathing hard and fast, his eyes shut and he tried to calm down. But to no avail, nothing worked.

Until he heard the most familiar voice that he was not expecting to hear. At all. It made his head snap up very quickly, his body calming down even though fear began to rise.

Kris moved forward and bent down, smiling sadly in his way. The blonde looked back at the dead therapist on the bed and shook his head, sighing loudly before scratching the back of his head. Jongin just looked utterly confused, and Kris suddenly put out his hand and the boy's hair.

"I told you to stay away from him." His voice was soft but rather cynical. "I told you, and you did make a promise to me."

Jongin looked up at the other through teary eyes. He felt light-headed, he felt like everything was unreal.

"And you broke that promise. Now he's dead." Kris said, snapping Jongin back to reality. The younger boy's breath hitched as he stared up at the blonde. 

Kris was a dream. He would only appear when jongin himself was inside of a dream. Which meant, if he was appearing right now, then Kyungsoo wasn't actually dead, but he was alive. But it seemed so real. He didn't remember going to sleep. He couldn't remember the last time he actually did go to sleep.

"This is not a dream. The therapist is dead. But... I can make you a promise..." Kris said, standing up straight and forcing Jongin to stand up with him. "I will keep you safe from pain and harm forever. Never again will you have to feel like this." Jongin's head moved up, his lips quivering and he was not able to make a single word. "I'll make you forget."

Make him forget. Forget the fact that Kyungsoo died because of him. His eyes trailed to the magnificent boy on the bed whose lovely eyes were now emmiting a dead aura.

His eyes connected with Kris's, and all movement and force of his body left him. He found himself nodding.

"Great. All you have to do, it take my hand and I'll take you away."

With all thoughts of Kyungsoo roaming his head, he took the blonde's hands only immediately, wanting the pain to just stop inside of his head.

With that, Kris grinned and squeezed tighter on Jongin's hand.

All pain left his body, all memories of Kyungsoo left his body, everything just left. He felt immensely happy in the space he was in now, in Kris's arms. For all he knew, he belonged here now. Nothing could get to him anymore.

...

"Please wake up."

The doctor moved into the room, sighing at the figure of the boy sitting on the hospital bed, whispering into the patient's ear. That's all he did, and as much as the doctor wanted to encourage him, he knew all effort was worthless. Moving forward, he placed a hand on the boy's shoulder and shook his head.

"His closest relatives have decided to take off the life support. There's no way he'll wake up from this coma. Ever since the accident, his brain is too damaged. I'm sorry."

That sentence alone made the boy freeze in terror before he whisked around and stared wide eyed at the doctor in front of him. His mouth was shaking before he finally managed to speak.

"Th-They can't... d-do that! They'll kill him!" he shouted, all emotions came through.

The doctor shook his head before sighing.

"You have to go now. Say goodbye."

The boy simply continued to shake his head, sprouting no over and over again as he stood up and banged his chest off of the doctors. The word 'no' continued to move out of his mouth before he heard the doctor wave some people in. All of a sudden, the boy felt his arms being constrained and himself being forced out of the room. He turned to the hospital bed and screamed loudly.

"Jongin!!!" Kyungsoo screamed, kicking his legs. He didn't want the other to die. "Jongin!"

As he was forced out of the room, the door was shut and he was let go. Running towards the door, he banged on the windows, screaming the same word over and over again.

"Jongin! Wake up, please!"

Kyungsoo felt himself become restrained again, and soon enough, he was left with the image of the door fading away in the background. He could tell people were looking at him with judging looks, but he didn't care. He wasn't going to stop shouting the other's name. If only he'd wake up, if only he'd wake up then everything could go back to normal. But he saw Jongin's 'close' relatives move passed him, documents in hand to stop the life support. In a mere matter of moments, Jongin would be dead. That thought brought tears to his eyes and he couldn't stop shaking.

"Jongin... please..."

...

"Jongin! Wake up, please!"

A voice echoed in his head, but he didn't remember the name of whose it was. Turning to Kris, he smiled and pecked him on the lips before staring into the space ahead, which consisted of nothingness. That voice haunted him, repeatedly over in his head, but he couldn't remember anything. And as far as he knew, he belonged here.

...