First Day of School (Part 1)

It All Started With a Makeover

Kyuhyun P.O.V

  BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 "Augh...." I groaned as my alarm clock kept ringing. Today was the day I'd been dreading ever since summer started. The first day of the new school year. I absolutely did not want to go anywhere today. Why can't I just stay in bed all day and lay around?

  BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

 Oh yeah, because Leeteuk hyung will kill me if I don't get up. So I sat up and reached out to turn off my alarm. My hand kept missing by a long-shot until I brought it down hard and almost smashed the button in. Well, it deserved the pain since it woke me up on the worst day of the year. Before I wouldn't have minded the first day of school but so many things changed over the summer that I just didn't want to go.

  "Kyuhyun! Get you down here!" Leeteuk yelled up the stairs. I knew I would hear my hyung's voice sometime this morning. He always yells for me to get up whenever I had to do something important. I didn't consider this particular day to be important anymore but I knew that he did. I groaned again and stood up from my bed, running my fingers through my now chocolate brown hair and yelled down the stairs.

  "Coming!" After that I walked over to my closet and took my new school uniform out. I looked upon it with distaste and sighed as I took it off the hanger. The real reason I didn't want to go to school was because of quite a few things. 1, I was transferred to a new school since the one I used to go to was closing down so now I don't know anyone except my hyung, who I don't have any classes with since he's older! 2, since I was bumped up to grades, I'm going to be the youngest in my grade with no one my age to really talk to. Yeah, it . And 3, Leeteuk hyung decided to give me a 'makeover' over the summer.

  I had to go through so many hair appointments it's not even funny. He had my hair dyed to brown instead of my normal black and completely changed my wardrobe. That meant no more sweaters and old tennis shoes. He also made me change my attitude even! I can't be rude or snarky like I normally am. Do you know how hard that is!? It's really hard when your surrounded by the idiots in my old school!

  Rolling my eyes I pulled off my sweatpants and big t-shirt before changing into my uniform. It was crisp and clean since hyung had ironed it for me yesterday. The full outfit was white with light blue lining around the collar and edges of the jacket. To go with it were a pair of navy blue pants. They let you wear any shoes you wanted but hyung wouldn't let me wear my old tennis shoes and got me some new white shoes to go with the uniform. Maybe it was because I never color matched my clothes before that he made such an effort to change what I wore. To be honest, I think it's just a waste of time since I'm going to just go back to before. 

  "Kyuhyun! I said get down here!" Leeteuk yelled again and I rolled my eyes once more.

  "I said I was coming!" I yelled as I opened the door, straightening the light and dark blue striped tie of my uniform. The crest of the school was over the left side of my chest in gold outline. Seriously! What kind of school did hyung go to!? Not having enough time to think about it I ran down the stiars, my sock covered feet padding on the cream colored carpet. "I'm here hyung." I said as I entered the kitchen. The floor switched to bright white tiles as i stood there, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and yawning. Damn, I shouldn't have stayed up so late playing Starcraft. It was the only thing that could distract me from today though.

  "Kyu-! Oh, you're here~" Leeteuk said as he turned around in his light pink apron. I still don't understand why he wears it since it looks like its's for girls but whenever I ask him he just smiles and says 'because~'. My hunch is that it's a gift from his boyfriend, who I have not met yet. I hope he's good to my hyung of he's in for one hell-of-a beating. Though I probably wouldn't be able to do anything since Leeteuk hyung says he's really strong.

  "Yeah, I'm here." I replied to him in a bored voice as I sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen. Light coming from the light above me glared off the silver utensils hanging above the stove and brightened up the room considerably. The walls were bright white just like the kitchen tiles as well and just annoyed me whenever I woke up because they were so bright. When I was finally awake I could hear sizzling on the stove and the smell of bacon and pancakes invaded my senses.

  "You need to hurry and eat fast so we can get to school on time Kyu." Leeteuk said as he sat the plate of meat and fluffy circles in front of me. "We have to walk since my car is still at the shop, okay?" When I heard this I groaned.

  "Why's it still there though~?" I whined as I picked up my fork and started cutting a piece off one of my pancakes.

  "Well, the owner told me that the car was pretty bad and needed to stay a bit longer. It's just because she's old Kyu. That car used to drive me around when I was a kid." I had to hold in my small laugh as Leeteuk said this and put a forkfull of sugary, fluffy goodness in my mouth. "What are you laughing about Kyu?"

  "Oh, nothing~" I said sweetly as I bit a piece of my bacon. "It's just that when you start talking about you as a kid it makes you sound old." A smile on my face I watched as hyung turned around quickly and glared at me. 

  "What did I tell you about your attitude Kyuhyun?" he asked, holding up the hot, chrome utensil he was using to flip the pancakes. I gulped and swallowed my food, fully knowing what he was capable of with the silver instrument.

  "That I need to be considerate of other's feelings before I say what's on my mind since it might be hurtful." I said, a sigh passing through my slightly syruped lips. the sweet concoction off them I finished my food and smiled at my hyung. Hopefully he would forgive me for blurting something out like that on the first day of school. I didn't want to start off the day with him being mad at me. "I'm sorry hyung." Picking up my plate I stood up and walked over to the counter, setting the plate by the sink and wrapping my arms around hyung's waist. "I really am~" I said cutely, hoping he would fall for the cutesy act and let me off the hook.

  "Oh, how could I ever stay mad at you Kyu~?" he said sweetly as he leaned back on my chest and chuckled in that way people do when they ask themselves a question. "Fine. Just, go get your shoes on and we'll leave after I put the pancakes and bacon in the fridge." I nodded my head on his shoulder and let go of him. Then I made my way to the front door where all the shoes were lined up and picked up my white shoes hyung bought for me. Sitting on the small ledge by the door I pulled them on and tied them tightly so the wouldn't slip off my feet. 

  Suddenly I could hear the padding of footsteps as I stood and looked over to where they were coming from. I saw my hyung smiling brightly and smiled back on less bright than him. After all, I still didn't want to go to school but knew it would make him happy if I went. Before today I was seriously considering skipping school which I've never done before. But seeing him this happy I knew I had to or he'd be heartbroken.

  You see, hyung has always wanted me to make friends and meet new people but because I was always so rude and unapproachable before, no one dared talk to me. That's why he did the makeover and turned me into this. My hair was styled from before when I was in the bathroom after putting my uniform on. It was a wavy chocolate brown that stopped just above my eyebrows. Hyung also had me wash my face everyday so my skin was smooth now. Actually, that part I didn't quite mind as much as the rest since it was good for my health but I still didn't like having the makeover.

  I was suddenly pulled away from my thoughts of earlier summer days when hyung called my name. He was already standing by the open door, waiting for me to walk out so we could go to school. 

  "Oh, coming." I said quietly as I picked up my backpack by the door and walked out. Hyung walked out right after me and shut the door, locking it to make sure no one would break in. It was something he always did since he was very superstitious. He wasn't like this before. Not before the break-in at our old home. Actually, I'd much rather not think about that so I pushed the bad memories away and put a smile on my face. 

  On the way to school me and hyung talked about random things and the new school year. He was personally excited by the fact that he'd get to see Kangin again since they hadn't seen each other much over the summer. That was because Kangin worked many jobs with his father so he didn't have time to hang out with friends and more importantly, his lover. Leeteuk didn't really mind though and they kept talking through texts and emails so everything was fine.

  "Come on Kyu! Walk faster!" Hyung exclaimed as the school was finally in view. 

  'Holy shi-' I was suddenly taken away from my thoughts as hyung grabbed my arm and literally dragged me to the front gates. The school was huge! Almost like a mansion. How did Leeteuk hyung even afford to go here? I didn't know of any scholarships for him since he never told me. The only way I was able to even set foot in this school was my scholarship in academic studies and singing. Which is weird since I never sing in front of anyone. I never even joined the choir program at my old school. 

  Then I could feel myself being dragged into the school grounds. 

  "Kangin~!" I heard hyung yell and he let go of me as quickly as he grabbed me before and ran off. Well that left me completely alone. I sighed in annoyance and slightly glared at nothing in particular before straightening my face and continuing the walk to the front door. 

  "Who's that?"

  "I've never seen him before."

  "Is he new?" I could hear girls and boys alike as I passed through the yard to the doors. Their eyes were all on me, like they were searching me or checking me out. Even if I didn't like it all I did was ignore them and walk inside the building quickly. All of a sudden the school bell rang and everyone rushed to class. Leaving me alone in the hallways with no one to help me get to class. Well, I needed to go to the office anyways to pick up my schedule.

  So I turned to the right and went through a different hallway till I made it to the office. Opening the door I looked inside.

  "Excuse me?" I called, walking in and shutting the door behind me. In the room was a big wooden desk covered in papers and picture frames. Little trinkets dotting parts of it. 

  "Yes?" A voice answered and I immediately looked up to face a woman who looked about her mid-thirties. "May I help you?" The woman who was speaking sat in the big desk that was labeled 'Principal' on the gold plate sitting on it's hard, wooden surface.

  "Ah, yes please." I said walking up to the desk and putting on my best smile. "I'm the new student and was wondering if you had my schedule?" The lady nodded and smiled, turned in her seat, and opened up a drawer in the desk. She pulled out a paper and handed it to me over the desk. It had all my classes and the times on it so I knew where to go and when. 

  "We're glad you made it today Kyuhyun-ssi." she said nicely as she closed the cabinet and smiled at me. I smiled back and bowed before standing up.

  "Thank you Mrs. Cho." I said and turned around to walk out the door. 

  "Oh wait! Kyuhyun-ssi. The bell rang already so I'll give you a slip to let your teacher know why your late. Opening another drawer in her desk she pulled out a small square paper and wrote down why I was late and signed it. I walked back to the desk and took it from her, bowing my head and saying thank you once again before exiting the office. 

  Looking down at my schedule I found my locker number and started down the hallways to find it. I made my way through the halls just fine and found my locker easily. It was a fairly decent size, meaning it was just big enough to hold all my books and assignments that would come later in the year. Finding the combination to open it on the paper as well I turned the dial until I heard it click and opened the empty metal case. Then I opened my backpack and put all the things I would need later away, only taking what I would need for my first hour.

  As I did this I wondered where Leeteuk hyung was. What classes were he taking this year and in what order? Shaking my head I grabbed my notebook and pencils, shutting the locker and turning to walk to my new class. Checking my watch I noted that about 15 minutes of class has passed by already. Gulping in slight fear at the prospect of missing something important for class I hurried my steps and clutched the late slip from principal Cho.

  Just as I passed into another hallway I suddenly bumped into someone and fell down.

  "I'm so sorry." I said as I opened my eyes to see my things scattered about the floor. Looking up I saw another boy towering above me with an unreadable expression. Gulping silently at the one towering above me I made no move to get up.

??? P.O.V

  'He's cute.' I thought.


  Oh, ho, ho. Who is the mystery student that bumped into Kyuhyun? Here, I'll give you a hint! It's one of the kingkas! Anyways, I hope you like this first chapter and I hope it isn't bad! Commenting gives me good review and if you subscribe I'll lub chu~!