prologue

Back In Time

Ilhoon

I didn't understand why my parents had to put me in training. They said it was for my own good. I was just 11, how could I understand their care. Tears brimmed at the corner of my eyes as I packed up. And the last thing I packed was her picture. 

I spent 2 years at the headquarters. When I first arrived, I was given a roommate. Peniel. He said that he came from the states, and came here because he wanted to. But I didn't understand him. I asked him, "isn't america the land of freedom? Why are you here?, in north Korea. Isn't america a better place?, a place of freedom?, a place where a child can live the life that they want?" It was then, when he told me his story, that I finally understood why he didn't stay in america. I felt pity for him, but the least I could do was listen.

You know what? I've finally came to understand why my parents wanted me to come here. All this effort I put in, and all this hard work, has brought me to an achievement I never wanted, nor expected. Their dreams for me came true, and I'm happy, what more could I be? My dream was actually to become an artist; to stand on stage, wearing sponsored clothes, singing my own songs, and hearing my fans scream my name. But I despised myself for becoming what I am now. 

It's been a while since I've wrote in here. All the dust is hogging up my space, huh? I just came back from America with Peniel. We visited his family, and I saw his wife. It shocked me. I didn't know that he had a wife. Her name is Cathy. Cathy Lee. She had small, cute, and tiny eyes that at least shined in the sunlight, and her hair was cut medium, colored dark black. I can see why peniel loves her. 

And so this is how my story begins; going back to south Korea, meeting my parents, and off I go onto my own life! I made enough money to life by myself. And I have been trained well enough to live on my own. 

 

Bomi

Does he notice me yet?I fixed my bangs and looked out the window. He was looking down, staring at something that looked like a heart. His hair was held with gel, and he was in a suit. I giggled and bit on my nail nervously as I patiently wait for him to look over to me. I waited for more...I waited for hours. Still, he didn't turn back. I failed at my many attempts to get his attention by shouting his name. It was scary, he wasn't talking, he didn't hear me, I didn't like it.

For many days, I sat in the corner of my room, wondering why he was like he was a couple days ago. I haven't seen him since. And I couldn't go searching for him. He would think that I'm just one of his creepy stalkers. 

Years passed, and no sign of him. I wonder where he's gone. His parents are still there. Did he move? It was hard for me since we barely talked. We barely knew each other, but I knew him better than anyone else. Yes, you can say that I'm one of his stalkers, because its obvious that I am, right? I have pictures of him, everything. I even drew him in art class. My teacher thought I was pathetic and desperate. 

I'm still waiting for you. Wherever you are.

Today, he came back. I saw him! He hugged his parents and stayed for 2 days. I didn't really care anymore. I just thought of him as a stranger that I've never knew about before. I'm moving anyways. 

The day came, and I packed up for my change of location. I was going to move into an apartment, in gangnam. I'm rich enough, I think. 

It's a new day, and I'm starting off for work. This is where my story begins.

 

Annyeonghasayo, Jung Ilhoon imnida. Thanks for joining me on this date. Then he smiles.

Annyeonghasayo, Yoon Bomi imnida. You are very welcome, handsome. Then..I sit down, and this is where my life really starts.