The Angel

The Angel from the Subway

When Hyukjae woke up the next morning when his alarm clock started ringing, he felt happy, but he didn't know why. Maybe because he got to work? No, that wasn't it. Maybe because he would bake? No, not it either. Because he got to see Heechul? Hell no! But whatever the reason was, he was happy that morning, like he had a feeling something important would happen. 

He got up from bed and went to take a quick shower. When he got back to his room, he noticed he was getting a call, from Jungsoo. He chuckled and picked up. 

"I'm gonna change now, Jungsoo. I already showered and I'm on time" 

"Oh..." said Jungsoo on the other side "well then, never mind. I'll leave you to change, and I'll see you at work" 

"See ya" 

After hanging up, he started to change. Light jeans, a light shirt with white sneakers. Simple. 

He looked at himself in the mirror. That wouldn't work. He changed his shirt to a darker one... Nope. He changed his jeans to darker ones... What was wrong with his clothes that day? He kept the jeans and changed his shirt back.  

'Ok... but something is missing...' 

He put on a red plaid shirt and buttoned it, keeping the top two unbuttoned. He styled his hair and carefully looked at himself in the mirror.  

'Meh...' he shrugged and grabbed his phone, keys and wallet before walking out to get a thin jacket.  

When he got to his car, he remembered someone important to him. His baby. Looking at the time, he noticed he still had 20 minutes to get to work, even after his slight fighting with his clothes, so he decided to make a call. 

"Hello?" answered a female voice. 

"Hey, Sora. It's me" 

"I know. What's up, Hyuk?" 

"How's my baby girl? I wanna see her" 

"She's fine, Hyuk. She's having breakfast" 

"Can I talk to her?" 

"Sure" 

Hyukjae waited as he heard the woman calling someone. After a few seconds he heard a bark, a smile appearing at the moment. 

"Hey, Choco. How's my little girl doing?" 

Another bark was heard. 

"I miss you baby, when are you coming home to daddy?" 

"You want me to bring her over? I thought you were looking for a job these days" 

"Sora, I found a job, and I'm on my way there now" 

"Really? Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I told mom... She didn't tell you?" 

"No" 

"Aish... I think she did it on purpose to keep Choco with her..." laughed Hyukjae. 

The female voice laughed too "Oh Hyuk... When do I bring her over?" 

"I'd prefer if you bring her today, I miss her..." 

"Ok, I will" 

"Thank you, Sora. You're the best sister I have" 

"I'm your only sister" 

"Exactly" 

After laughing and hanging up, Hyukjae drove happily to the bakery. Maybe that's why he was happy? Because he got to see his little dog again... 

 

Hyukjae parked his car and noticed he was still 5 minutes early when he entered the bakery. 

"Good morning, Hyukjae" called Jungsoo, who was doing some paperwork. 

"Morning" 

"Ryeowook isn't here yet, but he'll be here soon. Don't worry" 

"Why would I worry?"  

"Because he makes breakfast and I know how much you love to eat" 

Hyukjae laughed at that, which was the truth. 

"So... am I the first one here?" 

"You are" answered Jungsoo, without taking his eyes off the papers "You're here earlier than Heechul. He'll be here soon too" 

"Just by hearing his name makes me shiver. I feel like he's right behind me or something..." 

"Oh, I am" 

Hyukjae quickly turned around, wide-eyed and looked at Heechul, who was indeed right behind him. 

"You scared the out of me, Heechul!Hyukjae took his hand to his heart to calm it down a bit. 

"I did?" grinned Heechul "Yay~" 

"Heechul, stop scaring Hyukjae" said Jungsoo. 

"Teukie hyung~ I wanna scare him~" said Heechul in a sweet voice, a voice Hyukjae used to hear a lot back when he dated Heechul. The now red head used that voice when he wanted something. 

"I see you really haven't changed, Heechul" said Hyukjae. 

The red head turned to him "What do you mean? You mean I'm still very beautiful?" 

Oh, his ego. "No, you haven't changed" he chuckled, referring to the elder's ego. 

"Well, you still have your monkey face" 

"Really? I think I remember saying how handsome I was" grinned Hyukjae. 

"Oh, Hyuk... I was a naïve boy back then, now I see things more clearly. And now that I see you again, I really think hard on why we used to date" 

"Because you like it hard" 

Heechul smirked "Damn right I do" 

Hyukjae smirked too, looking at the red head for a few seconds, before both of them burst out laughing. None of them noticed the confused look their boss was giving them. 

"I guess we're good now?" smiled Hyukjae. 

"Oh, HyukHeechul wiped a tear from his eyes, lightly laughing as he put a hand on his shoulder "You wish" he smiled and headed to the kitchen. 

'Yep, we're good again' 

"What... what was that about?" asked Jungsoo. 

"Oh, we were just kidding around" 

"I see..." 

"He hasn't changed much..." 

"Where the hell is Ryeowook?!" they heard Heechul yell from the kitchen. 

"Nope, he hasn’t really changed" 

A minute later, Ryeowook arrived with Kyuhyun and apologized for making them wait. When he entered the kitchen to get started on breakfast, he barely missed a flying spatula, thrown by Heechul, and it hit Kyuhyun instead. 

 

Heechul was sitting on one of the tables, his legs crossed, while Hyukjae swept the floor. 

"You know... I still don't know how you could leave all of this for some chic" he said. 

"Because... she had... she was... Hmm..." Hyukjae paused for a moment, thinking "What girl was it again?" 

"How should I know?" 

Hyukjae shrugged "Well, whatever... after dating her I noticed I was more interested in guys than girls" 

"So... you left me for nothing, really?" 

"Pretty much... After that I tried looking for you, but you had disappeared" 

"Of course I disappeared. You abandoned me! We were roommates and I couldn't pay the rent by myself, you idiot" 

"I'm sorry, Heechul. I didn’t use my head back then" 

"You did use your head, only your bottom one" Heechul said before starting to laugh. 

"You and your es jokes" Hyukjae joined the laughter. 

Just then, Jungsoo pushed Heechul off of the table "Our customers eat there" 

"You could have been a bit gentlerJungsoo. Like that one time in bed" 

"Heechul!" Jungsoo covered his mouth with his hand, Hyukjae raised an eyebrow at that. 

"Is there something going on between you two?" 

"Something happened, but there's nothing going on right now..." Jungsoo blushed. 

Heechul freed himself from the elder's hand and chuckled "But he wishes there was still something going on" 

"I do not!" 

"Jungsoo, it's almost opening time and Donghae's not here yet" Ryeowook piped in before a discussion began. Jungsoo looked at him. 

"What about today's special?" 

Ryeowook shrugged "You want me to get started on them?" 

"Hey, Jungsoo. I could help, I mean, I'm also an employee here and I should know how to make things" said Hyukjae as he took a step away from Heechul, who was clinging to his arm.  

"Yea, ok. You two get working on those. Ryeowook, teach him how to, ok?" said Jungsoo as he took his phone out of his pocket "Since Donghae's not here, I guess you'll be following Ryeowook today" 

"Come on, HyukjaeRyeowook pulled him by the arm to the kitchen. 

"What about fishy?" asked Heechul. 

"Maybe he won't come today either" suggested Kyuhyun, who was cleaning the tables. 

"Damn... Siwon really works that poor little of his" 

"Heechul, watch your language. Remember this is a family place" scolded Jungsoo. 

"What? It's not like people are here. I can say whatever the hell I want" 

"No, you can't" 

Heechul smiled sweetly before he started to sing "I'm not here for your entertainment" 

"Heechul, don't" said Kyuhyun. 

"You don’t really want to mess with me tonight" 

"Heechul" 

"Just stop and take a second. I was fine before you walked into my life" 

Jungsoo sighted. 

"'Cause you know it's over, before it began" 

Kyuhyun and Jungsoo looked at each other. 

"Keep your drink, just give me the money. It's just you and your hand tonight" 

"Umm... good morning, everyone" they heard someone at the door. 

"Oh, finally!" smiled Jungsoo. 

"My baby!" Heechul ran to Donghae, who had just gotten through the door, and hugged him. 

 

In the kitchen, Ryeowook was teaching Hyukjae how to bake. 

"I've never baked before, until yesterday, and I didn’t do much, so it's all still new to me" 

"You just have to follow the recipe" 

"Ok, I'll try" 

They were almost done making the batter when they heard the others coming closer. 

"Look who finally decided to show up" said Kyuhyun. 

Ryeowook turned around "Donghae~!" he said happily before turning to Jungsoo "Hyung, I'm a horrible teacher" 

"It's ok, Donghae can teach him now" Jungsoo patted Ryeowook's shoulder "Ok, everyone, time to open up. These two will stay in the kitchen" the others left the kitchen to get to work while Jungsoo introduced them "Hyukjae, this is DonghaeDonghae, this is Hyukjae, he'll be shadowing you, ok? Now, I'll leave you to work" he said before leaving the kitchen. 

Hyukjae nodded, the whole time he didn't turn around. 

"So... you're Hyukjae. Nice to meet you" said a very sweet voice. 

Hyukjae finally decided to take his eyes off of the batter he was making and turned to see who he was supposed to teach him. He widened his eyes with what he saw. Those eyes, that were equally wide as his own; that small smile that appeared a few seconds later; that light blush oh his cheeks; that soft looking skin; that brown colored hair... that face. The face that had been haunting him for a week now. A smile now appeared on his own lips, now that he finally got to see that person again, and not only that, but they now worked in the same place and got to spend a lot of time together since he was teaching him.  

 

 

It was him. 

 

 

The angel from the subway...

 


 

So... Second chapter is up ^^

I know iw promissed double updates, but i really don't have the time to do anything right now... I'll be going back to school in two days and, well, yeah... But as soon as i can, i'll double update, ok? n.n

So now, Hyukjae saw his angel again >w< What will happen now? And it seems like Donghae recognized Hyuk too...

So, if you like, tell me your thoughts. I really love reading your comments, to know how i'm doing :D

ADVERTISING: Yes, i'm really doing this right now. Why? Because i can(?) Ejem... Anyway, this is my facebook page where i leave little messages and the updates on my fanfics and all that other stuff https://www.facebook.com/TheAkatsukiFangirl just in case you wanna "like". Mmm... i have nothig else in mind... I guess that's it.

Love You~ .3.