Jealousy

Breathe: a collection of drabbles

 

 

"Hey, hey! Did you see that kiss hyung?" Jonghyun jumped across the changing room with an excited grin on his face. How can he be so happy about it, I thought. Was it really that great? Couldn't be, right? Because...I was here first.
 
"Mmm. I saw," I mumbled softly. I tried to avoid his persistent eyes, but they always caught me off guard. How can he be so calm about it, like nothing even happened? How can he smile like that, to me and act like my best friend? There was no way. Because I...I was here first...
 
He raised an eyebrow and hummed under his breath, provocatively. With one hand on his hip, he ruffled his hair with his other, seductively. I turned around, closing him off completely, because if I didn't I might just start crying. Because he's just so perfect and beautiful...and also because I was here first, I was. But I can't have him anyway...
 
I tried my hardest to not turn around and start sobbing at his feet, begging him to notice me too, and to kiss me, oh so gently. But all my efforts were in vain, as he himself decided to turn me around by the wrist.
 
Poking me lightly on my cheek he laughed, coldly. "Hyung, are you jealous?" His eyes pulled up together with his wide grin. He glanced over his should, at Minho and looked at me once more. Again, with his mocking laugh, he said, "You are jealous, hyung. You are."
 
I bit my lower lip, nibbled it and fought back my tears. I clasped my hands behind my back and restrained myself. No, I thought. This wasn't right. This wasn't at all. Because, because...
 
"I got here first, Jongyun. I did. I loved you first."