Give In

Jonghyun was upset. Jinki knew that. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, Jinki just knew it. Unfortunately, Jinki also knew the reason behind it.

Jonghyun was doing – almost – a good job when they were walking down the hall, heading to where their car parked. He had a firm hold around Jinki, smiling and greeting the seniors, juniors, and staff that happened to pass them by. Once the said car came into their sight, Jonghyun declared that the backseats were his with thick voice, which was when Jinki thought Jonghyun’s patience was wearing thin. The others didn’t reply but Jinki was sure they wouldn’t dare to disoblige.

Jonghyun helped Jinki getting into the car – into the backseat to be precise – before slumped down beside him. He grabbed one of Taemin’s fluffy plushies and handed it to Jinki without glancing to the older man. Jinki smiled and took it gratefully. He set it suitably behind his neck and sighed when he found comfort in his injured neck. He closed his eyes to enjoy the sensation. Later, his hand found its way to Jonghyun’s hand, interlacing his fingers with Jonghyun’s reluctant ones. His thumb was Jonghyun’s knuckles soothingly.

“It isn’t that hurt anymore. It’s getting better really,” he declared, hoping the latter would understand. He gave the other’s hand a little squeeze when he got no answer.

Jinki opened his eyes and glanced to the younger man beside him. His face was turning to the side, staring outside the window. His expression was stiff to suppress his emotion. Jinki squeezed a little stronger to get the other’s attention but to no avail.

“I’m truly fine, Jjongie.” He tried calling him with his pet name. But it didn’t work either.

Jinki withdrew his hand and shifted closer to Jonghyun. He put the plushie on Jonghyun’s shoulder and rested his head against it. “Because you refuse to talk then I’ll just sleep,” he said, with his baby voice Jonghyun adored so much.

Jonghyun let out a deep breath and gave in. “Sleeping like this could injure your neck further.” He said as he pushed Jinki down on his lap. Sometimes Jonghyun wondered if he could ever win against the older.

Down there, Jinki secretly smiled gloriously when he felt Jonghyun’s hand playing with his hair. Jinki just knew well that Jonghyun would always give in.


why are Jongyu so cute? I can't stand them.

who remember that moment when Jonghyun held Jinki by his waist during SHINee festival tour? ♥ ♥ ♥