End

Miracles in December

 十二月的奇迹  

 
 
 

She rubs her hands together, then she brings them up to . She blows at her hands revealing her breath in sight and bringing warmth to her hands. The air even blows to our direction which makes her shiver more to the cold weather outside. I only laugh at the sight in front of me. She glares at me while she is sitting on one of the benches around the park. She averts her gaze to the huge Christmas tree just in front of her which is standing tall at the back a few steps away from me. I stop taking photos of  her secretly. She has these thoughts that I'm probably texting Luhan, so she never shoots me with suspicious question. A moment later I put my phone back in pocket's suit. I crouch and holds her hand to give warmth to her look like fragile, delicate, and dainty hands.

"Cold are we?" She nods at me like a little kid and smiles back.

The snow starts falling so slowly onto the ground and covers the whole pavement. Knowing hours later the ground is covered with white sheets of snow. It seems pretty in the eye, but it gives us a chilly feeling that sometimes it make our hands feel numb because of the coldness.  

"Tao, your hands are so warm and yet it is cold as if it didn't affect you that much?" She pauses and holds my hands firmly in her own. "How come? Don't you feel cold at all? And here am I shivering in the midst of a snowy night. You are the weirdest person I have ever met." She laughs so softly. Then stops and enjoys the warmth in my hands.

Her eyes are looking for answers by staring on my black orbs. She reminds me of her as a little kid. I decide to sit beside her and I wrap my arms around her petite body. She rests her chin on my shoulder blades and kisses my neck.

"So? Are you a human?" I smile weakly. She asks jokingly.

No. I answer inside my head to my disappointment.

"Yes, of course, you can say I'm tough and all. Don't you like it?" She just chuckles.

"Yes, no, yes, I do ZiTao, you are really warm and I think you are the best warmer in this cold night of Christmas." She says and we watch the children sing at the foot of the huge Christmas tree with their Christmas songs. 

 

She watches me with fear in her eyes. Her stare bores on my back, she trembles, and sometimes I can hear her pain sobs just a few feet away from me. Both of us are silent as I look at the cold lifeless body before me. I pant really hard, my shoulders are making an up and down motion. I'm so speechless, scared, and so many things are filling my head. The warm fluid drips on the tip of my fingers, my creamy coloured sweater, and my face are tainted in red; blood. The pure white snow around me it isn't as pure white anymore. The man's blood flows out from his body like a river, a pool of blood. I look at my hands and I look back to see her sitting on the snow, crying. Her face has gotten some sputter of the man's blood.

"Jin Ah, I-I."

"D-Don't come n-near me," I step once and she uses her feet to push herself away from me. I'm hurt.

"Let let me explain,"

"Explain w-what?" She sobs harder than before and she gets up on her feet. "Wh-What are you exactly?"

She asks. I divert my gaze to my left and return my gaze back to see her dreadfully eyes. I open my mouth, but no words are spoken. Her lips trembles. Now, I'm here standing and facing my biggest fear. I'm speechless to the fact I'm seeing the things I'm afraid to. Speaking the truth to her is one of my fear. She stares at my yellow eyes, my blond hair slowly goes back to brown, and my pointed nails return to their normal shape.

"I'm s-ssorry, I tried to-to protect you." I reason to her. She steps back and I step forward.

"Stay away from me, beast!" She says in a low voice and it is more likely a purr, but I still heard it. I can feel a lump in my throat and I beg that she listens to me. Am I supposed to be fast when it comes to thinking. It even surpasses a human's capability, but making excuses or reasons at that time are useless. She has seen it right in front of her eyes and not missing a single thing.

"Jin Ah,"

As soon as I utter her name, she leaves me standing alone at the alley. I chase after her and I'm not caring how do I look like at that moment. I call her name once again. I see it in her vision, a streak of light blinds her vision, I hear the sounds of the tires screeching, a long honk of the car alerts the people around the streets, and she freezes on her spot; shock and cries so hard. and before I reveal myself to the other people. I see it and feels it even though it isn't my own body. An undescribale pain runs through out her body. Then everything has shattered into pieces.

 

"Jin Ah!" 

I quickly sit on my bed, my hand grabbing the air, and my forehead is full of sweat. I'm breathing hardly, and runs my hands through my scalp. I look around to see a fully dark room of mine and outside of my window indicates that the sun hasn't risen yet. The darkness of the night still lingers as I wake up. I can hear the clock ticking in my room, tranquility in my room makes me even somber than it is, and I check the clock's hands. The bigger hand is pointing at twelve and the smaller one at three, ungodly hour it is. Rubbing my hands so roughly on my face, frustratingly.

"Why?" Asking myself.

I sob silenlty, remembering that night again and especially in my dreams. I can't contain the sadness in my heart. Everytime I dream of that incident it replays like a broken disc in my head. It is like an old film. It's blur and more likely a dreamy scene in a movie. Yes, it is and one big cliche with most of the movies out there.

My anger has once more engulfs the whole of me. Some vases and glasses around my room shatters instantly and every peices of it fall on the floor. I hate myself, for I'm not normal at all. I'm not a human, but I have the form of a human. My brown hair turns into golden blond again and my eyes change colour. I'm a demon in disguise. I'm gifted of powers that human beings don't have. I can feel what the people around me feel, the strength that surpasses a normal person can have, and more. I have an eternal life, so I have been living for so long, and I have seen how the world changes in thousands of years. I have dated few, but Nana. She is different and I can't explain the feelings when I'm with her. Happiness is one of them, and I am complete by being by her side. Those sweet smiles, her laughs, and her movements. I know everything about her. All of them are in my head for me to remember now that she isn't here. One thing in my life that I can't do. To bring someone's life back. I can go forward, but I can't go back in time to correct my mistakes. I just showed how hideous I am. I regretted it and I wanted to go back time to stop that from happening. Change everything how it is now and wishes that she's still here in my arms.

I have a hard time sleeping and whenever I close my eyes. All I see is her pretty face smiling at me and looking straightly into my black orbs. When I open my eyes again, the wall beside my bed is all I see. The cold wooden walls. I use my hand to draw her face with a sweet smile on her lips. I grab my hands and stifle a tear, before forcing my eyes to sleep once more.

 

Luhan has invited me somewhere. I haven't seen him in a course of a week. I have waited at our usual meeting place at the back of the campus. I can tell he's been busy at school or either goofing around somewhere. He knows what I am, because both of us are the same creatures, a demon or devils. He smiles at me from ear to ear and slings an arm around my neck. I wish to be normal, but wishing for that is more likely useless now. A demon wishing to be mortal is suicidal to amongst of us. The half of me is long gone as in forever, so I'm living so miserably. Outside people see me smiling from ear to ear, but inside I'm dying. Although I have my friends that didn't change the fact that it is only Nana can makes me feel so complete.

"Hey! Don't tell me you have been practing more Wushu again? I think you have them all memorized every freaking stunts of Wushu." He says. "Bro, it's none of your fault. Don't blame and torture yourself that much. Look." He adds.

"Man, you know how I feel about her. It's hard." He smiles and pats my shoulder.

"I know - I know." He looks down and curls the end of his lips into a weak smile. He has this understanding facial expression and I know once or twice in his life. He'd been through the same thing, but a different story. "You need more sleep, man. Those bags under your eyes are making you look like a panda. C'mon hang out with me or with Lay if he's only available today. Anyways, like the old days." He grins.

"Not again?!" Not long after Luhan disappears next to my side and shouts.

"Chase me and I lend you my Audi R8 for a month!"

"No need to, I can buy that when I want to, so I'll just bust your !" I answer.

"Yeah, go on!" And I can hear his laugh ringing in my ears from afar then chases him after.

We did so many things in a course of a day. We both like cars, so we checked some other car stores in town. Play arcade, do sports, and have a match around the woods. Pretty much a guy thing, but he refrain from talking about girls in our conversation which I'm glad about. Dusk has come and the sky has turned into bluish orange. Then darkness has covered the sky. Snow starts falling again, the Christmas lights on every houses we pass by are on. The feeling of Christmas is so obvious. In two days it is Christmas again, alone, but I know it will be only me, alone to celebrate it at my place. The enthusiast expression that it's written on my face faded. Luhan notices this sudden change and he tries to change the mood. He opens his mouth, but both of us stop walking when an old woman miraculously appears without even noticing it first with our instincts. Aren't we supposed to be aware of things around us and that is beyond to our knowledge. That is really our first time. We both look at each other and the old woman smiles at us. She wears a very warm brown coat that reaches almost her feet and wears a white veil.

"Good evening, lads."

"Good evening," We both say, returns a smile, and bow at her in respect. We are about to pass her by, but she there spoke again. "I know how lonely to be spending your Christmas alone and especially the other half of you isn't there with you."

I look back and her back is facing us. Luhan, does not know what to do and all he feels that the woman is not just an old woman. We both know it, but we don't feel any kind of danger that is coming from her. I answer, so we wouldn't be seen as rude.

"I know," She chuckles a little.

"I can see it in you, young lad. Your eyes tell me otherwise." She turns around and faces us. "You've been lonely for more than a year, but you're still loving her in spite of what happen to the both of you." Luhan and I are both silent. "Here," She fishes something in her jacket's pocket. "Here, I have a gift for you." She smiles at me and hands me a ring.

"I think, that is much important to you than to him." Luhan reasons. She is shaking her head.

"He needs it more than an old woman like me and about to meet her end." She laughs once more. "You, see, this ring is not just a normal ring like people normally own. That ring has the power to travel back in the past and correct your mistakes."

Luhan and I look at each other again. We both live very long and this is our first encounter having to hear from a stranger that travelling in the past is possible.

"I'm not making up things for you two just put your clear and determine faith on that ring if you wish to come back at that moment you have made a big mistake. Then you aren't able to fix it even you who has lived long enough. You can't bring back someone you loved." She suddenly gives us a knowing smile. "I know what you two are. I'm not here to scare you or something. I'm not a demon like you two, but just an old woman."

"How did you know?" I asks and Luhan nudges my side with a knitted eyebrows.

"Let's say it is a mere feeling." She pauses. "It's ok if you don't believe me even though I have told you your biggest secret around these people of this world. If you want to amend things back in the past that ring can help you, but it takes something from you. I can't tell what it will be? It will grant your wish, but that's the price in return. An uknown repayment. Your friend here won't be affected to any kinds of effects that the ring does. The only thing are both of you will travel back in time, because I have told you the secret of it. Young lads." She stares at me.

"Why both of us? If it is him who wishes to go back?" Luhan asks more likely not believing this, but pretends to be interested.

"As I said, if the secret is unfold to who I ever told. Then both of them will go back. The only thing is, you will be back into a random time.  It could be far or near to that huge mistake that your friend had made. As soon as the both of you are in the past. You can't act freely, but do the things you have done, so it is like a movie being replayed. When that day comes then that is the day you can change the past and the future. One more thing only your awareness has liberty to think. Put that in mind. The only day you regretted everything and that is the only day you can do whatever you want from that day on." She explains it seriously to us.

"I mean, ah," Not knowing what to say.

"It's yours now, so use it wisely." Then she turns her back on us and bidding us her good bye.

"Thank you." I thanked her awkwardly.

She disappears in the corner of the street and we resume our head back home. And both of us are in awe to what we have heard. I simply keep the ring in my pocket and Luhan looks at me.

"Dude, no one has ever known our secret, except for my past girlfriends and the people I have killed. I have powers to erase someone's past, but of course it's supposed to be related to my problems, but I can't erase somebody's problems like you had a long time ago."

"I know, but that's really a strange old woman." We part our ways and retire for the day.

 

After all my classes that day, I have planned to walk a little around just somewhere. Not knowing what to do that late after noon and I'm glad it is not that cold and windy. It is actually a day with good weather. I just keep on walking and I notice that I'm heading to the park. Our memories are coming in an instant. I looked around to find the bench where we sat that night. The big Christmas tree is there again with a lot of new decorations than that year. I hear someone walking closer just by the back of bench where I'm sitting. Those are familiar light footsteps and I look back.

"Jin- Oh I'm sorry." I apologize to the young lady, she smiles, and leaves. 

Some little things about her reminds me of her. I can't still get over the fact she has died because of me. I traumatized her, with my stupid temper, and then led her to her untimely death. I'm cursed I think? I think I am, because of what I am. Demons like me shouldn't get their permanent happiness. I'm damned after all, my soul is really damned, because of the bad things I have ever done. So here I am still regretting and scaring her away because of my powers. Resulting of losing her in the end. I wish I am really normal like everybody else. Isn't it supposed to be like this? I shouldn't be surprised, but still I can't believe it. 

 

Christmas eve has come again. I'm sitting on the couch while staring at the window across me. Snow falls slowly, I look around, and feeling the serinity of my room, for the third time. 

It wasn't like this before, my Christmas was filled of happiness and although I was alone in this house. Her calls are enough to give a warm smile on my lips and making me laugh with her stories. Her voice is soothing even her breathing is everything to me.

I blink once more, she is standing in front of me. Her hands are clasped on her back and it seems like she's hiding something. A gift? Questioning myself is useless because I can tell it without even showing it to me. I grin to that idea and I shoot her a question.

"What' are you hiding?" 

"Hmm? Nothing, just clasping my hands on my back. Is there something the matter?" She archs an eyebrow at me with a playful smile on her lips. 

"C'mon, I know it show it to me already." She sighs.

"You're no fun at all. At least, make it more interesting next time." She answers with a fake dismay.

She brings a red box out with a cute green curly ribbon. I grab it and open the box so excitedly. A red scarp, I look at her and smiles. By the end of the scarp, my name is neatly embroidered in Chinese characters.

"Merry Christmas, ZiTao!" She kisses the end of my lips, but I kiss her again. Now our lips connected and kissing me passionately. She brakes the kiss abruptly and looks at me with those dreamy eyes.

"I made that scarp for you so you better wear it, my panda." I'm only grinning of happiness that night.

"Of course, and I will. I will. Although, if you don't give me a gift even just you is enough and better than a present." She giggles and punches my arm lightly.

"Ok, aren't you so corny? But with a gift and by just seeing that scarp in your home. That will reminds you of me, so, yeah."

"Sure, you win," I laugh. "I know you hate losing, so I'm letting you feel the victory just for now. Well, but it's clearly obvious that I win, and you think it's corny, but that's the truth."

"Yah!" I wrap my arms around her body and whispers. "Merry Christmas, and thank you for the present. I'm so grateful to have you." I wispher.

I blink again, and I realize that I'm seeing the things that aren't there. The dim lights of the Christmas lights illuminates the living room. I look around to find myself, alone. I thought it was a current event, but I remembered that was three years ago. Our first and last Christmas together. I force a smile and I heads off to the kitchen grabbing a whisky glass and a bottle of brandy. Coming to the living room again I notice the door of my room is open. I see my reflection through my mirror and facing the entrance of my room. I pour the golden liquid in the glass watching myself drinking it. I walk closer to my room and letting my true form out. Hair turns to blond, yellow eyes, and pointy nails. I stand in front my mirror, pour another glass of brandy in my glass, and drink it feeling the hot sensation in my throat.

"ZiTao," I watch her walk closer and hook an arm around my own. "That suits you well." She displays a smile while I'm fixing my tie.

"I know." I shoot her back with a bright smile through the mirror.

"I bet you'll melt your professor as you present in your class." She asserts.

"Not to mention the girls around me." She coughs.

"Yeah, try to charm them and I'll punish you."

"Wooh, can't wait to that punishment." I squeal like a girl who sees her crush walking to her direction. She's in grimaced and she unhooks her arm then nudges my abdomen. I hold my abdomen and looks at her with puppy eyes.

"Stop, making those girly acts." I chuckle.

"Bet, inside you were like so cute, my panda bear." 

"Yah! I'm not." She walks away from me and follows her with a knowing smile. She looks back and raises a brow at me.

"What now?" She asks.

"Nothing, really." I walk closer to her and she steps back. I run my fingers to my brown hair and step closer again. She hits her back on the wall and then places my hand next to her head. Almost making a loud thud on the wall. Her stare never changes and looks at me with a hard glare.

"Say," I pause. "I'm not cute?" I asks.

"You know it yourself. Why do you still ask it?" I smirk and lean so slowly.

"I wanna hear it from you. Say it." I say in a demanding tone.

"ZiTao, it doesn't need to be addressed, you know it already." She whispers while taking short glances on my lips. I smile and the distance on our faces is getting smaller. 

"It's not that hard, ain't it?" She stares at my eyes as if begging just to kiss her. I can tell it and not even guessing. I can feel her being jittery inside.

"Does it need to?" She asks once more. Our lips touches a bit, before pulling back and I stifle a laugh as she faces my back. I hear a soft groan coming from her.

"Thanks, for the tease, Huang ZiTao. You know we better get going before the door clo-"

In a heartbeat I capture her lips. She is in shock state at first, before responding and wrapping her arms around my neck. I bend my head a little lower, so she isn't tip toeing and pushes her back to the wall. Grabbing her smooth legs to wrap around my waist. After the heated kiss, she pushes me back as she catches her breath.

"So?" I asks, grinning.

"Okay, you are cute, happy?" I nod my head.

I'm dreaming again, and look back at the mirror in front of me. I missed her, missed her touch, warmth, and her lips. That isn't a mirage at all and not in a cold weather.

"Am I hideous, aren't I?"

I can't tell on how long am I gonna miss her. I pour another glass of brandy again and I drink it then place both of the brandy and the glass on the table just a few steps away from me. I jam my hand in my pocket and takes out the ring that the old woman has given me. Feeling every inch of the ring and stares at it. I want her back and correct my mistakes back in the past. I laugh feeling like a fool at that moment, but I'm holding the ring so tightly. I can't stand the feeling inside me and I'm so determined to correct everything back in the past. 

"I wanna go back."

I say, but nothing happens. I waited and waited, but nothing happened. I felt the anger started to build up inside of me. I was about to throw it, because I felt stupid of wishing for the impossible. I notice that it glints for a isecond then all of a sudden, the things around me are moving, I feel my head is getting dizzy, and I see that the things around are spinning like in a whirlpool. Everything I have done just a moment ago I'm doing them again, but more likely I'm moving back wards. My head hurts and everything is fast. I see Luhan, and I having a battle in the woods. Back to the car shop, then to my bed, and to my school. It's like rewinding a film, and I see everything back in the past. I close my eyes, but I can feel the rush. I never felt so really helpless in the midst of a danger and that was my first time to feel it. Suddenly, everything goes black, a complete darkness.

 

"Hey!" I can hear a girl's voice and it sounds so familliar. "Hey! I said." Someone kick on my bed.

I rub my eyes and I slowly adjust my eyes from the light of my window. I look up to see a very familiar body in front of me. Her arms are crossed while shooting me a glare. Then, I realized, it was her standing before me. I'm about to jump and hug her tightly when I felt that I can't move my body with my own will. My body only moves on its own. I panick in my head and I can't tell what is happening. Then I remember what the old woman has told us.

As soon as both of you are in the past. You can't act freely, but do the things you have done, so it is like a movie being replayed. When that day comes then that is the day you can change the past and future. One more thing only your awareness has liberty to think. Put that in mind, the only day you regretted everything and that is the only day you can do whatever you want from that day on.

"Do I have to visit you every morning just to wake you up, dummy?" She says.

"Of course, not, but I have English first thing in the morning and I'm too lazy to attend that class." I say and watch, dumbfounded, but my awareness know it fully what is happening. 

I try to remember what day that is and after of how long I thought of it. It is two days before that incident happened. I'm happy to see and touch her dainty hands once more. Although I can't move my body the way that I want it.

We both head off to the garage to get my car and drive off to school. We hold hands while I drive and talk a little about some stuff. Like the old days I thought to myself. I really missed holding her hands and seeing her smiles. The one I'm afraid of that when that day comes. I don't want to commit the same mistakes again. I should control my temper on that day and I should. I don't want to turn back time again and again. And I think there's no more miracles will happen. We arrive at her campus and walks her to class before driving off to my campus. 

I feel the days are moving so slowly. Maybe, I can't wait to correct that huge mistake that is about to come.

Me, Luhan, and Yixing are at the bar and Luhan is shooting me a lot of questions through telepathy. It seems like Yixing doesn't notice it.

What did you do? I can't believe I'm here back in the past! Helping Yixing to overcome his ty shyness! Don't tell me I'm dreaming! Cuz I want to move my body really badly, but I can't! I'm doing the stuff that I have done before.

Calm down, Luhan. That day is tomorrow, so after that you can do whatever you want.

Well, yeah, but that old woman didn't say if after that day ended we were going back to present again? Or stay living in the past? It's sick to live in the past, bro. Nǐ tā mā de, Tao, Nǐ tā mā de, Huang ZiTao! Do I have to wait for three years again before I could finish my bachelor? We should be graduating now!

Sorry, sorry, but let's hope that after tomorrow will be going back to the present.

Well, better be, and do it right now this time, or Imma beat you to put some senses in your head.

"Luhan, Tao, there she is. What should I do?" Yixing asks us.

"Be confident, Yixing, I can't believe your shyness never leaves you." Luhan answers.

"Soojung her name, right? Just act cool and be normal and don't act like a weirdo in front of her." I say.

 

That day finally came. Jin Ah can't spend her Christmas eve with me, because she's going to visit her parents somewhere in the countryside. I can't move and I want to follow her. My head is really aching so bad. The sky is already dark and the snow is falling once more. I'm standing in the balcony of my house and feeling the weather outside. I'm in my devil form and that is the only thing I can control. I'm losing my temper to where I stand. Suddenly I hear a scream from afar. My body doesn't have any restrictions anymore and I can normally move my hands and legs to whatever I want. I'm sure it's her, because I felt this from years back, and the same incident. Leaving my house immediately, my heart is beating fast in my chest, and I'm more than worried than ever. What if I'm late this time? What if? I see it in her vision that a guy in his thirty's or forty's is chasing after her. I arrive at the site and I can see them running at the alley. Jin Ah stumbles, the guy almost rips her skirt off and touches her somewhere near in the private area. I try to calm myself and not doing the same mistakes that I have had years back. I run after them and pull the guy then punches him on the face.

"Who the hell are you ruining my job?" He shouts at me. I stand in front of her and I can hear her sobs.

"Don't ever touch my girl like that, you filthy old man!" He yells and pulls a knife in his jacket.

"Let's see if you can still fight and stop being a hero to that girl."

"ZiTao," She has this worried look then I turn to look at her and smile.

"It will be fine, don't worry." I assure.

The old guy runs forward and tries to the knife towards my stomach. I simply catch his wrist and dislocate it as he wince in pain. Then I kick his stomach and he flies back a few metres away from us. He hits his head really bad on the wall as he lose his conciousness. I help her stand and carries her in a bridal style.

"Are you ok?" She nods, but she looks at my hair and eyes, but she hasn't made any comments about it.

"T-Thank you, I wasn't sure what would happen to me if you hadn't come." She burries her face on my my creamy jacket and sobs silently.

"All it matters to me that you are safe."

Before knowing her answer everything around me is fast forwarding. I'm confused, what is happening again. My vision turns black once again and lose the track around me.

 

"ZiTao?" I move and turn around facing the wall beside me. "ZiTao!" Someone kicks my bed again.

"Yah......?" She stands next to my bed while a hand rests on her waist. "Geez, it's your freaking graduation and still you are sleeping comfortably in your bed?" I'm not sure whether all of those are merely dreams and stares at her like a fool. She snaps a finger right in front of my face.

"Why are you acting so weird today?"

"Tell me," She archs an eyebrow at me then jumps off my bed. "I'm not dreaming, right? You are alive, right? Punch me if I'm dreaming." Touches her face and pinches it. She whines and slaps my hand away. 

"Huang ZiTao!" She really punch my stomach and I can feel the pain then as I sit on my bed. "I'm alive what has gotten to you today? I'm not hurt or anything." She explains and leaves me still in a daze. 

Hours later, I'm sitting beside Luhan while listening to some of the professors at the stage. He is quiet and so engross to the professor's speeches. I nudge his side and looks at me, annoyed.

"So, about that ring? Did that really happen?"

"Yeah, Tao and I thought I would live again in the past and I'm stuck in a unmoveable body."

"Did she ever learn about my secret?" He is shaking his head. "But how come I don't feel anything particular that has change on me?" Luhan only shrugs and I keep on thinking.

After taking Jin Ah to her flat, I examine myself in front of the mirror. I let out my demon form and which is still there. Blond, yellow eyes, and pointy nails are so visible in my sight. I slap myself to make sure I'm not dreaming which I feel the pain instead. I look at my phone's Calendar it's already May 2014. A year has already passed and I try to remember to what happen in a course of a year. Surprisingly, I remember everything in the past, so that ring is really true. Miracles really exist and I can't believe it is. The question is where is it now? I can't even remember where have I put it? I look around everywhere, but I fail to find it.

 

Years have passed and I still have Jin Ah beside me. I have bought an engagement ring and I'm so prepared to propose to her. We walk along hand in hand at the park. Snow starts to fall again as she clings onto me to feeling the warmth that is coming from me. I'm wearing the red scarp that she has given to me years back and wraps it around her neck. I'm holding the ring in my hand while it's in my pocket. I suddenly stop and asks me.  

"What's wrong?" I scratch my head. I unwrap the scarp and looks at her.

"Well, ah," I kneel in one knee and watches me in confusion. 

"ZiTao?" I bring the ring in sight and she gasps, speechless.

"We've been together in years, we've been through a lot, and still we stand by each other. Not letting go of me even I have done wrong in the past. I think it's the best to ask you. Will you marry me?" She's only standing there with watery eyes before she throws herself at me and cries.

"Yes, I do! I do Huang ZiTao I will marry you." I hug her tightly before sliding the ring on her ring finger. I kiss her and some other people that night at the park are clapping.

"Dude, congratulation!" One of the guy gives me a thumbs up and smiles at him.

We head back to my car, she faces me while walking backwards. She smiles at me and stops. She tip toes and kisses my lips softly before snaking an arm around her waist.

"Thank you, Tao for everything." I pinch her cheeks and whines.

"Your always welcome without even thanking me." We walk on the sidewalk hand in hand. We laugh together remembering our school days. Not long after, a ball bounces off the road. A kid chases her ball not even thinking about the danger that can possibly happen. My eyes has gotten bigger when a truck is coming on her way and is about to hit the little girl. Me and Jin Ah are looking dumbfounded to see a kid is about to be hit by a truck. I never have made any second thoughts about it and let go of her hand.

"ZiTao!"

Jin Ah screams watching me jumps off the street and only a few seconds left before the truck is gonna roll over on the poor little thing. The kid picks her ball and she stands there unmoving as she watches the truck coming on her way.

"Kid, run!" I shout. I let out my demon form and just exactly pushes the kid out of the road, but I hear the truck's honk and is only a few centimetres away from me. The old woman from years back is standing on the other side of the street with a smile on her face. She opens mouthing some words saying I'm sorry. It must be that thing she has told told us. Before I could escape I felt a quick pain and everything went black.

 

A tear fell from my eye, and I only watched ZiTao hit by a truck. I can't move and as I fall on my knee. The blood flows out like a river out of his head. His eyes are open, but not blinking or even moving. His body is not moving at all. I force myself to stand and hold his body close to my own. I'm so shocked to even move. The truck driver has gotten off the truck and calls an ambulance. A moment later I see myself walking in the alley a man follows me, so I walk a little faster, but it turns out that I'm running. I'm so confused on how I have gotten there. I scream, but no one hears me. He grabs my hand pushes me to the wall pulling down my skirt, but he fails. Then almost touches my private parts of my body. A moment after, the guy who is about to me is not there anymore and as I look around. A familiar figure kicks him off of me. He hits the wall.

"Wh-What are you?" He asks.

"Don't ever touch my girl like that you nasty human!"

That voice, I say to myself and I can't be wrong. I'm sure it's ZiTao. The man's eyes black orbs has gotten bigger. I notice ZiTao's brown hair is gradually changing to blond and his nails grow a little longer and pointy. He almost wreck his body, spilling blood over here and there. Some of his blood stains my face. I look at him how he kills him so mercilessly. One thing I understood at that moment was fear. He looks back at me and is shocked to what he has done. His eyes are yellow, but nothing has changed that much on his appearance besides his hair and nails. I notice the things around me freezes and an old woman's voice echoes somewhere.

"Will you still love him even knowing that he's not a human after all?" I look around to find the voice where it is coming from, but I failed.

"You are supposed to be dead on this day on, but he chooses to come back at this certain moment to change his huge mistake. He didn't mean to scare you, but he was there to save you instead. You rejected him and ran off the road and you got hit by a car. That costed your life." She speaks again and she appears slowly in front of me. Did I really do that? Then some sudden flashbacks are appearing in my mind.

"Jin Ah, I-I."

"D-Don't come n-near me,"

"Let let me explain,"

"Stay away from me, beast!" I look at his teary eyes and all begging for me to listen to him.

I see myself running away from him then a car hits me and my body falls lifelessly on the road. I notice I'm standing near to the scene watching my lifeless body on the road. I see ZiTao watching on the roof of the shop just in front of the scene crying really hard. The windows and glass doors of some other restaurants and shops near to ZiTao's vicinity shatters. Then making the people around shock and I notice I can feel his suffering even if it's my own body. I realize I'm crying and the old woman speaks again.

"I'm giving you another chance if knowing your boyfriend is a demon and immortal all along. Not a creature you would ever think of to be with all along, will you still accept him?" I really thought really hard and I still love him after all. In spite of what he is and I will still accept him.

"I will." I answer her and she smiles at me.

Then I see myself holding his lifeless body and to see Luhan standing so quietly on the side. The meds are shaking their heads and I can't even remember how I get there.

"I'm sorry miss, he's dead before we arrived here." I sob really hard.

I look up to Luhan and he displays a smile at me. I don't know whether he's giving me a mocking smile and then I feel him move under my body. ZiTao gasps really hard and look around, confuse.

"What happen?" He asks with a confuse look.

"You came back before we almost dug a grave for you, bro." The meds are looking at him in surprise. I smile and hug him tightly.

"ZiTao! I thought you were gonna leave me and I would accept you even you are not - human." I whisper to his ear and he looks at me, bewildered.

 

I left them at the site and meets Yixing somewhere in one of the buildings rooftop near to the scene. Yixing is smiling from ear to ear as he watch the scene through a small portal.

"Guess, your ring really works after all, but it has given me a hard time. Glad to see Nana accepting Tao even knowing he isn't a human."

"Yeah, did it give you a liitle drama of Tao's life it was interesting after all." Yixing turns around to see me grinning. 

"Funny, to see you in an old woman's form. As usual you're good at hiding your aura to him."

"Tao is a good kid after all he needs to be rewarded. Bringing back his girl from the grave. I can't believe this ring works either, if Nana still rejects him at the end. He might have lose his life a big time. I was afraid to what her answer was when I asked her and gladly her answer was rather surpringsing."

"Anyways, you two did that?" Tao appears without us knowing with Nana with her.

"T-Tao?" We both say, shokcingly.

"I couldn't believe I died even in a short while. You really brought me too many hardships didn't you, Yixing? Luhan?"

"Shouldn't you be thanking us both?" Yixing smiles.

"C'mon, ZiTao if it weren't for them my body had rotted a long time ago. Well it did though." Nana asserts then laughs.

"Look, Tao your girlfriend is so right." I say.

Nana only nudges his side before agreeing with her which we know he will agree no matter what. 

 
 
 
 


 
 

author's notes:So it took me two days to write this T^T anyways, hope you liked it! And sorry for the mistakes somewhere in the end of the fic, cuz I'm so tired. Yeah, I wanted to end this on the other way around, but thought that I could just do it on my other fics. I need to end it happily at least after all Tao's lonely story LOL! The idea of time travelling was kind of ridiculous to me when I read it again xD anyways. English isn't my first language, so grammar mistakes will be there somewhere xD