1 + 2 doesn't = 3

1 + 2 = I Love You

 

 

No ones pov 

 

 

Changmin couldn't understand the language of mathematics. It was a subject he was always struggling in and his parents didn't help. In fact, they made him even more confused.

 

 

"Minnie, what do you get when you add 1 + 2 together?" 

 

 

"3!!" The 3 year old answered, a smile plastered on his face as he used his fingers to count. He was sure he got it right this time.

 

 

"Correct! But don't forget, it also 'I love you'" that was why he didn't like maths. There were too many meanings.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

The ballroom was surrounded by balloons, tables with big white sheets covering the top. Young and old men in tuxedoes mixed in together with wine glasses in their hand and beautiful woman wrapped around their other arm in luxurious silk and satin gowns. They each had thousand of dollars worth of jewellery on them as they comported their valuables with one another. It was a party for the rich and famous only.

Kyuhyun hated events like this. He would be forced to dress up even though he would rather stay at home and do his homework. It was much better than meeting random strangers who kept pinching his cheeks and calling him 'cute'. Why did he have to be the only son of a man who owns major company? Not that he minded, it was just that it it quite... Lonely.

 

 

"Who's this little cutie?!" A woman squealed as her and her husband made their way over to the Tan family. Kyuhyun hid behind his father, grabbing on the hem of his suit. Hoping that they couple wouldn't see him but his wishes were left unheard.

The woman lowered herself to meet the young boys eyes, clutching onto her bright red dress so it didn't meet the ground. She gave him a smile, a fake one which Kyuhyun hated. It was all just for show. 

Kyuhyun looked up at his father, asking for help with his eyes. His father did nothing but stared into his eyes, giving him the message of 'be nice'. Kyuhyun was the last person to follow that rule, knowing him. He sighed and stepped out to get a clearer view of the couple.

 

 

"I'm a boy, I'm not meant to be called cute. Handsome yes but not cute." Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at the woman and ran behind his father once again, pushing his face firmly onto his fathers back. The woman looked at the young boy and froze, surprised y the boy's 'attitude' or so she called it. She coughed, regaining her posture as she stood up hoping no one saw he being talked back to.

 

 

"My, what an interesting son you have Hangeng." The husband chuckled. Hangeng chuckled and apologised, giving the woman a bow. 

 

 

"Sorry, he's a little nervous. He's not usually like that." The woman coughed again before dragging her husband away, muttering something about Kyuhyun to her husband.

 

 

"I'll see you at work tomorrow Hangeng." He gave Hangeng a quick wave as he got dragged away. The woman was clearly pissed off as she talked about the Tan family in a horrible way only to have her husband ignore her every word. 

 

 

"Bye Jungmo, see you tomorrow!" He waved back with a smile. 

 

 

"What a-" Hangeng coughed, stopping his lover from swearing. Knowing how he was, it wasn't the best time to lash out on another person. Especially not in front of Kyuhyun or the guests.

 

 

"Chullie, you know best not to swear in front of Kyuhyun." Hangeng warned Heechul.

 

 

"It's not my fault that girl was a-" Hangeng coughed again, this time a little louder as Heechul rolled his eyes and Kyuhyun gave a cute little giggle at the way his parents was acting. He guessed that's who Kyuhyun got his evil side from. 

He sighed and knelt down, turning his face Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun, what did I say before?" Kyuhyun pouted. 

 

 

 

"It's not my fault that girl was being-"

 

 

"Kyuhyun!" Hangeng scolded him.

 

 

"I was going to say fake."Kyuhyun pouted again, crossing his arms.

"Can we go home yet?" The boy pleaded, putting on his best puppy eyes hoping his parents would take him back home as soon as possible.

 

 

"How can we? This was done to celebrate your birthday and we've barely met everyone." Yes, it was Kyuhyun's 8th birthday. His parents, Tan Hangeng and Tan Heechul went all out to celebrate their son's birthday by booking the fanciest mansion to host the event since they didn't want to use their mansion. They were rich, they needed to make a statement that it was their only son's birthday so why not invite all the big companies and names to celebrate it. It's not that they liked it either but in the world of society, this was needed. 

 

 

"I didn't ask for all this." The younger said, looking away.

 

 

"It's not like I wanted to celebrate your birthday like this too." Heechul muttered.  Hangeng gave a sad smile. Heechul saw that and leaned over, giving the other a light pat on his back.

 

 

"I know my dear Kyuhyunnie, I wanted it to be just the three of us but you know we can't do that." Hangeng sighed as he watched his son kick an invisible stone, watching the floor with his hands wrapped behind his back. It was something he did whenever he was upset or nervous. 

"How about we celebrate your birthday tomorrow, just the three of us? Would you like that?" Kyuhyun's eyes twinkled as he gave a frantic nod, jumped to hug his father. 

 

 

"Hangeng hyung!" He turned around, standing up as Kyuhyun ran back to binding behind his father once he saw someone approach them. 

 

 

"Yunho!" They pulled each other in for a hug. Kyuhyun looked out for a bit from behind Hangeng and saw another figure standing beside the man who was called Yunho. He and Heechul gave each other a small hug aswell, seemingly chatting to each other. 

He couldn't help but find that person... Beautiful? He was a man, a man can't be beautiful. 

The man saw Kyuhyun standing behind and knelt down, similar to what the woman did earlier with an ever growing smile on his face. He was indeed too beautiful to be called handsome. His milky white skin, his red cherry lips. It was something women would die for, men lust over. 

Even at a young he, Kyuhyun knew was beauty was and what many people use it for. But this man seemed pure, he wasn't like the woman before. She too was pretty, but nothing compared to the man in front and he wasn't fake like her. He was pure.

 

 

"My name is Jung Jaejoong, nice to meet you." The man smiled and extended his hand for a handshake.

Kyuhyun hesitated and looked up at his parents to gave him a big smile.

 

 

"Do you not remember them? I guess it's been so long." Heechul said, ruffling Kyuhyun's hair. 

 

 

"They use to come to out house every summer when you were 4 years old. But business caught up and they couldn't visit." Kyuhyun remembered faintly then man in front but nothing solid, it was just burry images which made him feel bad for not being able to remember him.

 

 

"Yes it has been a while! We've missed you! Sorry for not being able to visit for so long." Jaejoong smiled. His hand was still out and it didn't look like he was going to move it until Kyuhyun gave him a hand shake. 

 

 

"It's fine, you had to take of things. We understand, we've been through that road already." Heechul giggled.

 

 

"Nice to meet you too, I'm Tan Kyuhyun." He took Jaejoong's hand and shook it. His hands were soft for a male, it felt a lot like his mother's (Heechul). He could help but smile.

 

 

"Come on Changmin. Introduce yourself to the birthday boy." Yunho whispered to a person behind. Kyuhyun didn't even realise there was someone behind Yunho until he finally came out. He was a few centimetres taller than Kyuhyun and more tanned. He looked awkward but nice in a way. He was wearing a black tuxedo, similar to his father's with a white shirt underneath.  

 

 

"I'm Jung Changmin" Kyuhyun nodded, he didn't know what to think of the other. It was quiet a awkward meeting... I guess. They shook hands before the other quickly pulled away. Kyuhyun found him very strange indeed.

 

 

"You two go have some fun. Changmin, take Kyuhyun around and look after him ok?" Yunho pushed the other closer to Kyuhyun. 

Ah, he remembered, this place belonged to the Jung family. His father told him how they were planning his birthday party at a very close friends mansion for convenience and to advertise their business since it was always good to do that.

Changmin nodded and grabbed the others hand, catching him by surprise. He dragged Kyuhyun to an unknown place away from the ballroom where it was quieter and less well lit.

 

 

"Where are we going?" He realised he hadn't really heard the other speak much, getting anything out of him would be quite hard. He wanted to know more about Changmin, not that he would admit it.

 

 

"My secret hideout. Since it's your birthday, I'll show you it but you can't tell anyone else." Kyuhyun nodded, following Changmin. He felt the other's grip tighten as they entered another place. It was darker and he couldn't see much, in fact, they couldn't see anything. It was a wider how Changmin could manoeuvre around without getting lost in this darkness. Kyuhyun guessed someone's been eating their carrots. 

They had left the ballroom a while ago yet they still weren't there. It was killing Kyuhyun to know where they were going. It had better been worth it with all hey things they had to climb. 

He watched a Changmin jumped on a ledge and turned around to pull Kyuhyun up. There wasn't much room where they were. They couldn't even sit up so they were left with the option of lying on their front. He could hear the chatter of people close by but he couldn't see anything.

"Look." Changmin pointed down. Kyuhyun was confused but did what he was told.

There it was, the lights, the colourful dresses of the woman wearing it. The bright decorations and the shine emitting for the silver wear. They were right above the ballroom. Kyuhyun's eyes sparkled as he watched everything. He could see his and Changmin parents still talking to each other, laughing and smiling. Changmin looked over at the birthday boy and smiled at his reaction. Cute. 

 

 

"It's beautiful." Kyuhyun whispered. Just then the sound of bells came and Yunho looked up from the ballroom, tapping at his watch. Kyuhyun was surprised that Yunho knew where they were. Changmin nodded as if Yunho could see them and grabbed onto Kyuhyun hand. 

 

 

"It's time for your speech." He smiled. Wait?! Speech?! 

They crawled their was back and jumped down the ledge, walking the rest of the way. Changmin was still holding onto his hand, not letting go.

 

 

"How come your father knew where we were?" Kyuhyun asked. He thought he would be the only one to know they secret hideout, somewhat disappointing. 

 

 

"Because it was the first place he took mother when they first met." 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Kyuhyun stood next to his father and mother holding his hand on the stage as everyone looked at them. He was nervous, the only place he could look was the platform of the stage and his shiny black shoes. He would definitely shout at his father for making him do this when they get home. He knew he hated talking to people, never mind talking in front of a group of them.

 

 

"Now, let's have the birthday boy say something!" The mike from Hangeng was passed to Kyuhyun as he step back. He froze until Heechul pushed him forward, letting go of his hand whilst giving him a warm smile. His heart felt like it was going to burst at the rate it was beating. 

He looked at everyone who attended the party, searching for a place his eyes could land at so he would be less nervous. It was a habit he learned over time to calm himself. That was when he saw Changmin smiling brightly down below with his parents next to him. He felt his heart slow down and bought the mike to his lips before taking a deep breath.

 

 

"Thank you for attending this party, I hope all of you had a good time!" He passed the mike back to his father and walked back, not before giving a last glance at the other. He was surprised he didn't stutter and was glad he didn't.being the only son of the Tan family, he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of so many people. 

The music began as the lights dimmed down from the ballroom with a click of a finger. It was time for the first dance, a must at every event. Something Kyuhyun grew to hate overtime. He was always forced to do it by the annoying girls who fought to dance with him. One reason, they liked him. Second reason, to get closer to the Tan family and hope to become friends with them and use their name to get anywhere in the world. True story. Kyuhyun had learnt to be careful over time and refusing a dance was one of them.

Kyuhyun as standing at a large pillar where there was less light, not really wanting to dance and not feeling the need to. Dancing wasn't something he was good at to be honest. He always knew that and wasn't afraid to admit it despite all the dance lessons he was forced to go.

 

 

"Kyuhyun Oppa... May I have this dance?" A girl walked over to him, extending her hand out, expecting Kyuhyun to take it. She had her hair down, wearing a pale blue dress which flowed to the floor.

 

 

"I'm sorry Victoria, I don't feel like dancing. Why don't you ask someone else?" Victoria pouted and crossed her small arms. 

 

 

"Please Oppa? It's the first dance, you have to dance!" That was something every girl said. 'You have to dance! It's the first dance!' Kyuhyun sighed and took out his hand, giving in, he wanted it to end as quickly as possible. Victoria smiled and gave a giggle as she reached out to take Kyuhyun's hand. 

Suddenly Kyuhyun was pulled forward, completely missing Victoria. His head landed on someone's chest as he fumbled across. He was completely taken by surprise.

 

 

"Hey!" She cried out.

"What are you doing?!"

 

 

"Sorry, he promised me the first dance earlier." Kyuhyun's eyes widened and he looked up to see Changmin. 

 

 

"What? But he already said he was going to dance with me?!" 

 

 

"Sorry, first come, first serve." A smile came from Changmin as he dragged Kyuhyun to the dancing floor. Kyuhyun could hear Victoria's voice whining as they went further. It was the first time Kyuhyun had heard Changmin's voice in such a mocking tone. Something he liked.

There was a lot of people there dancing, adults an children. Changmin managed to find a good place and turned around, intertwining his fingers with Kyuhyun's and his other arm wrapped around his waist. 

 

 

"Hey! I'm a man, not a woman." Kyuhyun whined at his position of the woman rather than the lead.

 

 

"I'm not going to let you lead because one, you owe me for saving you from that girl. And two, you're shorter. Besides, you look like a girl anyway." Changmin teased. 

Before Kyuhyun could protest, Changmin moved the both of them in time with the music. It was a slow and sweet piece which Kyuhyun liked. He had a soft spot for them since his grandmother use to play pieces like this when he was a lot younger.

Kyuhyun kept looking down as the two danced. He couldn't bring himself to look at the other in the eye, afraid of what might happen. What would happen? He didn't know.

 

 

"Why are you doing this?" Kyuhyun asked, slight annoyance in his voice.

 

 

"Because you're cute." Kyuhyun's face flushed red. He didn't like being called cute but it was different with Changmin. He didn't mind quite as much unlike the woman from before.

 

 

"I'm a boy." He stated. 

 

 

"So? You're still cute." 

 

 

"Shut up." He kept his monotone as he looked up to stare at the taller one. Kyuhyun felt his breathing stammer a bit as they kept dancing.

 

 

"I don't want to." 

 

 

"I don't like you." Changmin chuckled. He swear he saw a twinkle on Changmin's eyes but he didn't want to admit it. It was... A wonderful sight. They didn't say anything after that but only kept dancing until the end.

Once the music stopped the two bowed each other and was forced to let go. Forced you say, as if the end of the piece was what made them stop. 

Finally Kyuhyun felt like he could breath as he made some distance between them. He was about to walk back to his parents when Changmin's voice stopped him. 

 

 

"Wait! Here! I didn't get you anything so here." He held out a fake red rose. Kyuhyun looked at it. 

"Aren't you going to take it?" Kyuhyun blinked few times before the rose was shoved into his hand, before he could reject it, Changmin had already ran over to Yunho and Jaejoong. He stared at the other and the other did the same, nothing something to Kyuhyun. 'Happy birthday'

He walked over to his parents and continued with the party. After a few more hours, it was time to end it. Kyuhyun never saw Changmin after the rose incident which kind of upset him. But what was he suppose to do? He found the other very weird and amusing.

They sent their guests goodbye before leaving themselves. He was happy it finally ended but was upset at the same time.

Hangeng sat in the drivers seat with Heechul next to him. Kyuhyun was alone in the back as they made their way home.

 

 

"Did you had fun with Changmin?" Heechul asked, Kyuhyun gave a smile and nodded, subconsciously clutching the fake rose close to his chest. 

 

 

"Now, rest up and tomorrow we shall go have a family celebration! Just the three of us!" Hangeng said enthusiastically. 

 

 

"And Changmin." Kyuhyun added. The car fell silence for a bit as the two adults looked at each other in awe.

 

 

"What?" Hangeng asked to make sure he wasn't hearing things.

 

 

"I said, and Changmin." He repeated in a monotone. Hangeng blinked a few times before nodding. 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Since then, every year had been the same with the exception of Changmin coming over to their house nearly everyday for the past 11 years.

The two had been inseparable since that faithful day meeting on Kyuhyun's birthday. Since then, they became the best of friends and very quickly might I add. 

Every year it was the same. A fake red rose for Kyuhyun as his present from Changmin to celebrate another year of being born. He thought that maybe next year the other would give him something different but it stayed the same. It always did. Some part of him wanted a different present but Kyuhyun never really minded. He would rather receive the same thing if it meant something different would result in losing Changmin. If a fake red rose were to mean Changmin would leave him, he would take it again and again without fail.

The other would always ask him to keep the roses safe and not to lose it. It was he only thing he asked for every year Kyuhyun asked Changmin what he would like for his birthday. He would repeat the same thing. 

 

 

"All I want is that you keep the roses close by and not lose a single one." Kyuhyun kept that promise and of course got him something else. He felt bad not giving him anything. 

 

It was that time again, his birthday. But this time, worse. Way worse. Kyuhyun was turning 20! He was turning into an adult. This was also the day he met Changmin for the first time. Exactly 12 years. 

His phone vibrated from his bed. Quickly, Kyuhyun jumped at it, opening the message he received. 

 

 

'Bring the birthday presents I gave you to the party today.' 

 

 

Kyuhyun frowned in confusion. Was Changmin going to take back the presents he had given him for the past 11 years? He sighed but did as he was told. He always did. 

He opened his closet and fumbled around the place, looking for a box. There it was, a pale green box at the corner of his wardrobe where no one could find since the maids would definitely chuck it out seeing as there was no real use in having fake roses. He picked it up and walked over to his bed, opening the box. There it was, 11 fake red roses, each one of them in the perfect condition they were in when he first got it. 

 

 

"It's time you go back to your previous owner." He sighed, talking to himself. Thoughts about how Changmin was going to break up their friendship came to mind. It would kill him if that happened. He laid down on his bed, watching the ceiling with unblinkable eyes.

 

 

"Kyuhyunnie!" His mother knocked on his door. Letting himself in. He wasn't he kind to wait for someone to give him permission to do something before doing it.

"You should get ready. We're leaving in a few hours!" He shouted in excitement from the door.

 

 

"Yes mother." Heechul could sense something was wrong. He walked over to Kyuhyun and sat next to him in his bed. 

 

 

"What's wrong Kyuhyunnie?" Kyuhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath. 

 

 

"I think Changmin wants to stop being friends with me." Heechul was surprised by what Kyuhyun said. He looked around as saw a box with fake roses in it, remembering that's what Changmin gave Kyuhyun as a present every year. He picked up a rose and twisted it between his fingers. 

 

 

"I'm sure that's not true." Kyuhyun sat up. 

 

 

"But what if he does? I don't think I could handle it..." Heechul gave a small smile to his son and pulled him in for a hug, his hair.

 

 

"If he does, I'll be there to kick him in the balls." 

 

 

"Mother!" Kyuhyun gasped, pushing Heechul away rom the hug. Heechul gave a small chuckle before standing up. 

 

 

"Go get ready! We need to arrive before the guests do!" He shouted as he walked out of Kyuhyun's room, Kyuhyun sighed and stood up, staring at the white tuxedo hung up on the door of his closet. 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

This road was a road Kyuhyun knew all too well. It was the road they had to drive to in order to get to the Jung mansion where he first met Changmin, the one they held his 8th birthday party. It was a special place for him. He hasn't been there in what felt like ages. After his birthday, that mansion turned into a must have place to hold events such as balls and social gatherings. Because of this, it was always booked up, not even Kyuhyun could go there since it was packed. This led to the Tan family to find another place to hold their son's birthday party, of course Kyuhyun preferred the Jung mansion. 

Luckily for them, they booked months in advance, allowing Kyuhyun to finally return to the place he treasured so much besides his game room back home. 

He held on tightly to the pale green box, not wanting to let go as the car stopped at the front of the entrance to the mansion.

 

 

"Come Kyuhyun." Heechul smiled. Kyuhyun nodded and waited for both his parents to leave the car before swiftly following behind. He held the box close to him despite the weird looks everyone else was giving him. As he entered the ballroom, memories started flooding in. As if it was just yesterday he turned 8, he smiled as he looked up to the secret hideout Changmin brought him to that day. 

 

 

'Happy birthday to me.' Kyuhyun hummed to himself. It wasn't long until the guests started to flood in one by one. 

 

 

"You've sure grown up a lot since I last saw you Kyuhyun." Jungmo greeted as he took the younger's hand. 

 

 

"Well, it has been 12 years." Kyuhyun shook his hand.

 

 

"I see you're still as sharp tongued." The wife said. It was the same wife he met before who called him cute. He gave a smirk as he opened his mouth to say yet another snarky comment. 

 

 

"And I see you are till together. I must say I'm surprised at how long you managed to tolerate her for. I applaud you for that." The woman lifted up her hand as if trying to hit Kyuhyun, he didn't care. She would get in trouble if she hit him since he was of higher social status despite his young age.

 

 

"I suggest you refrain from any violence in this house." Kyuhyun looked up to see Yunho holding onto the woman's wrist, stopping her from hitting Kyuhyun. He woman huffed and forcefully pulled her wrist back. She grabbed onto her husband and left the greeting isle and went inside the ballroom. 

 

 

"You didn't need to do that uncle Yunho." Kyuhyun said with a hint of apology on his voice for making a scene.

 

 

"Don't worry about it. But I think it's best you stay away from her. To be honest, Jungmo's a nice guy. I don't understand what made him marry her." Yunho crossed his arms as he watched the 'happy' couple walk along.

 

 

"Same." Kyuhyun nodded.

 

 

"Anyway, you should go inside now, the party's about to start." 

 

 

"I'll see you inside." 

 

 

"Ah, I won't tell your father about this little incident. I know how he is." 

 

 

"Thank you." He bowed and gave Yunho a smile before walking into the ballroom. It was as grand as he remembered. The tables spread out an the dancing floor ready. It was a beautiful sight.

He could see his father next to his mother in the corner. They waved at him, ushering him to come closer. Kyuhyun came closer, he could hear the giggles of young females at the corner, talking about him. He sighed. 

 

 

"Yes mother?" Heechul grabbed onto Kyuhyun's un-level collar and fixed it, wiping off invisible dust on his shoulders.

 

 

"Lighten up! It's your birthday! If you're going to walk around the ballroom with that face, I'm afraid everyone else will follow you." He sighed, patting Kyuhyun on the bum. 

 

 

"Mother! Don't ever do that!" He pouted. The giggles of the young woman grew louder as he inwardly groaned.

 

 

"Yes yes, now. Go enjoy yourself!" Kyuhyun walked around the ballroom, he could see Changmin's parents but not him. 

'Did he come?' A few minutes turned to an hour of walking around and greeting the guests. They asked the same thing as soon as they saw him. 

 

 

"What's with the box Kyuhyun?" He would brush it off and smile, ignoring the question. 

 

 

"Wait! Donghae... Have you seen Changmin anywhere?" He stopped  his guest who he was just talking to. Donghae was another one of his friends, they met after Changmin introduced Donghae to Kyuhyun since he was going abroad for a couple months and he though Kyuhyun needed someone to look after him. Or more like monitor him as Kyuhyun would say.

 

 

"Hmm... I saw him not too long ago. Not since then though but he's definitely here." Donghae reassured the younger one, patting his shoulder.

"Come in, it's time for your speech." Kyuhyun pulled a face of horror. After so many years he still hated this part. He managed to get use to the public speaking but it was still something he despised. He let Donghae pull him to the stage before walking the rest of the way. It was exactly the same, he mike pushed over to him as he looked at the guests who many have aged quiet a bit while the children were now adults. He found himself scanning the floor for something. More like someone, Changmin. But he was no where to be seen. 

 

 

 

"Thank you for coming to my coming of age celebration event. I hope all of you enjoy yourself." He finished with a bow before leaving the stage. The room was filled with applause as he hid himself at a corner of the room. It was time for the first dance again. 

 

 

"Oppa!" He heard someone call him. It was Victoria. He wore a satin red dress. Her hair tied up in a bun. 

 

 

"Yes?" 

 

 

"Remember 12 year ago? You promise me the first dance but that stupid Changmin stole it!" She stopped her feet in distraction as she remembered back.

 

 

'He's not stupid. And idiot yes, but not stupid.' He thought.

 

 

"So I'm here to claim what's mine!" She clutched her fists with enthusiasm, giving herself a mental 'fighting!'.

"May I have this dance?" She extended her hand. It was true, he did kind of promise her his first dance. He smiled and reached out. 

 

 

"Hey!" He heard someone shout, making him stop half way, Victoria and Kyuhyun turned their heads to find Changmin standing a few metres away. He was wearing a black blazer with black slacks with a crimson red shirt. His hair was natural with nothing done to it. Something Kyuhyun preferred rather than a clean brush.

 

 

"What do you want?" Victoria called out. Changmin walked over and grabbed Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"He promise me his first dance." Kyuhyun rolled his eyes but did nothing. 

 

 

"Too bad! He promised me 12 years ago!" Victoria tried to grab Kyuhyun but Changmin moved the both of them back.

 

 

"12 year ago? Ahh! I remember you! You're the same girl who tried to ask for a dance! Too bad, I was here before and I made him promise me all his first dances so you may leave." Victoria couldn't keep close as she watched Kyuhyun and Changmin leave for a second time to dance. 

 

 

"You're late." He said in a monotone as Changmin slivered his hand around his waist, connecting their fingers together. It had become a habit now that Changmin was the lead while Kyuhyun followed. After so many years he got tired of arguing.

 

 

"Better late than never"he winked making Kyuhyun roll his eyes again and look away.

 

 

"Where were you?! Donghae said he saw you earlier!" He raised his voice a little higher.

 

 

"Ah, yes. I was here ages ago but stupid Eunhyuk messed up an order so I was left to fix it." There was a hint of annoyance in Changmin voice as he remembered what Eunhyuk did.

 

 

"Donghae wouldn't like you calling his husband stupid." He went back o his monotoned voice.

 

 

"But he is! I asked for one thing and he couldn't even do it!" Changmin pouted.

 

 

"You're an idiot." 

 

 

"Hey! I just saved you from Victoria, are you going go talk to me like that?" 

 

 

"I didn't ask you to save me!" He went back to raising his voice.

 

 

"So you wouldn't mind dancing with Victoria?" 

 

 

"Nope!" He stuck his tongue out. 

 

 

"You're lucky you're my best friend." Changmin stated. They continued their dance with Kyuhyun not looking at tee other. 

 

 

"I hate you." 

 

 

"I know you do." 

 

 

"Possessive freak." He resorted to name calling since he felt the need to tease Changmin.

 

 

"Hey! I am in no way possessive!" The other defended himself.

 

 

"Said the guy who punched his father in he face because he hugged me one time." 

 

 

"I tripped and accidentally punched him in the face while he was hugging you! It wasn't my fault!" Kyuhyun rolled his eyes in disbelief. There was a short silence as the two continued to dance.

"Do you have it?" Kyuhyun nodded, knowing what he meant. Changmin smiled and took the box from Kyuhyun. Opening it, he found 11 fake red roses neatly lined up. He grabbed all of them by the stem and threw the box somewhere far away in the ballroom so no one would trip. 

 

 

"What are you doing?!" Changmin didn't say anything but grabbed something from behind. It was another fake red rose. He let go of Kyuhyun as the two stopped dancing.

 

 

"What does 1 + 2 equal?" Changmin had a light tone in his voice, as if he was humming.

 

 

"3 you idiot." He crossed his arms, looking away.

 

 

"Wrong! It equals to 12 which also means 'I love you' or 'Be mine'." Kyuhyun turned his head to look at Changmin, his eyes widened a Changmin pulled a red ribbon from his sleeve, tying it around the stem of the roses, making it in a neat bouquet. 

"Happy birthday my dear Kyuhyun." With that Changmin leaned over and captured Kyuhyun's lips. It was a simple kiss, innocent with a hint of rainbow and unicorns. A weird way to put it.

 

 

"Wh-what?!" He stuttered when Changmin pulled away.

 

 

"Take it! It's your present." Changmin pushed the bouquet over to him. 

 

 

 

"What a sweet confession." Jaejoong couldn't help but squeal as he watched his son kiss Kyuhyun. 

"I wonder who Minnie it his cheesiness from." 

 

 

"Me of course!" Yunho gave a proud chuckle. Heechul and Hangeng was with them, sipping their glasses of wine, watching their son with Changmin.

 

 

"His confession was better." Jaejoong nodded at his fact.

 

 

"But I wouldn't be able to wait 12 years to make a confession!" Yunho pouted. Jaejoong smiled and gave a small peck on Yunho's his lips.

 

 

"I wonder where Kyuhyun got his stupidity from. Not even being able to realise how long Changmin was in love with him for." Heechul shook his head and sighed.

 

 

"He got it from you no doubt." Hangeng stated. The other three laughed.

 

 

"Hey!" Heechul smacked his husband. The 4 of them watched as Changmin took Kyuhyun's hand and continued with their dance the bouquet in the middle of them.

 

 

"May their love be as sweet as sugar and last as long as 12 undying roses." They said in unison. It was a chant all parents said to their loved ones, wishing them the best in their new life. For Changmin and Kyuhyun they had their blessings years ago 

 

 

 

"I hate you so much." The dance finished long ago, they were now on top of the ballroom, Changmin's secret hideout. 

 

 

"I love you too." He pinched the birthday boys cheeks. Kyuhyun hire a blush as he brought the bouquet to his face.

 

 

"So... You said it meant 'I love you' or 'be mine'. Which is it?" Kyuhyun asked.

 

 

 

"In this case, both." Kyuhyun couldn't hide the smile which seemed to be growing in his face. The two looked at each and leaned in for another sweet kiss. 

"Happy birthday my dear, sweet Kyuhyun." 

 

 

"Best birthday present ever." They watched from above as the party continued, laughing and talking about what they were going to do in the future. 

 

 

"That reminds me. I need to sue Victoria and punch Donghae." Kyuhyun's eyes widened.

 

 

"What?! Why?" 

 

 

"Victoria said that you were her's and Donghae held your hand." 

 

 

"What?! How did you know that?!" 

 

 

"Where do you think I've been all this time?!"

That was when it clicked, Changmin was here at his secret hideout all this time. Talk about being possessive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yes, becuse fluff isn't my forte but I tried!

For my Kyubabylover unnie who seems to be slightly down in the doldrums~ SARANGHAE UNNIE! I MADE A FLUFFY FIC~ Happy? I hope you smile while reading it :3 Anything to make you Unnies and Dongsaengs happy :3

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treaured and loved~

 

Alicevalliere~

 

Now, time to update more fics!!! :D :D