Chapter 2

Dreaming Heaven

"Of course that brat! I'll handle them later."

"Ah, so what are you doing here besides watching Kai plays, Ha Neul?" Yu Ri tried to break the silence. At first I thought it was working.

"I wasn't planning to watch him play seriously but I just happen to wait for my mom that left for some urgent business." psh, yeah, URGENT business.

"I see, now what grade will you be in next Monday?" she asked, eyes on the game.

"I'm in 11-2." I said, looking at how graceful Jong In took the ball from the opponent's grip.

"OMO jinjja? We're gonna be classmates, then! For your record I'm the best classmate you could ever dreamed of so don't fuss with me and we'll be just fine! Do you want me to show you the school building, perhaps after the game?" she offered kindly. I quickly nodded. About time I explore my school to be. We both then continued watching the game until the score is 48-20. Our school is winning.

The coach from the opposing team asked for a timeout and change tactics. I guess our school did pretty much the same, they huddled up and do some cheer for the team and switching of player occurred. Then I see this familiar figure. Taking off his yellow jacket and replacing it with the team's uniform. I suddenly felt a dark cloud full of jarring thunder surrounding me. It was not a pleasant cloud, FYI. Oh, cloud like this only appears whenever bad luck is near. And I could clearly see where the bad luck came from.

"Man where have you been? We were all looking for you but you were nowhere to be found!" One of the fatigue-looking player approached him. I could hear them talking because I was standing not too far from their spot.

"Oh yeah, There was this hindrance along the way. I'll explain later after the game, ok." he calmly responded. HINDRANCE? WAS I THE HINDRANCE HE WAS TALKING ABOUT? I rolled my eyes. If I was the hindrance that held you off then why taking so long to ask whether I'm okay or not? why didn't you just run? Pabo.

time passed by so quickly the game has ended in a blink of an eye. As expected, our school won. It was not as smooth as when Jong In was playing, but the guy with yellow jacket seemed to be reliable enough to switch places with him. Everyone rushed out of the school indoor basketball court right after all the cheering and party invitations. There will be some drinking party too if I didnt mishear that. Everything was safe and sound until Yu Ri grabbed me by the hand, insisting to show the school off to me.

"So, those are the swimming pools, available in outdoor and indoor. One word that describes those swimming pools is... AWESOME. jinjja you have to try swimming there sometimes, the temperature is very, very fine. Not too chilly, not too hot. Just fine."

"These are the classrooms. Our homeroom will be somewhere here... Oh it's here! See, it's enormous and very comfy for studying, right? Oh and the view outside is daebak!! You can see the outdoor soccer and basketball field. With those green trees and the cute guys hanging out every now an then, the scenery is just perfect. Hahaha okay now to other rooms"

"Music room! Here's the catch, there are lots of smaller rooms inside this room. It is functioned to fulfill the desire of some students who enjoy playing music alone anytime they wish to. The school is very linient in giving freedom for those students who want to pursue arts. In each room there are complete sets of musical instruments and the room in the corner is special for traditional musical instruments. Very tempting, right? Oh and I heard if some people are in their gloomy or bad mood they can just skip class and go here. Not advisable, tho. But it seems very, very interesting to try."

Yu Ri kept on talking and I kept on nodding whenever she showed me another room. Sometimes my jaw dropped in amazement. This school is really... something. And right now she was dragging me all the way to the gym.

"Yup. This is where buff guys hang out. Don't be surprised to see that some of them that are super muscular in this school because it's their major that they chose, they go to school for 5 days a week and for 3 days it's working out and get those muscles stronger. the other 2 days are for regular classes like what we will have everyday." she touches one of the muscle-building thingy that is used for bench press stuff. I have no idea what that thing was.

"Oh so each of us have that special major that we can choose?" I asked, making my way to sit on one of the benches. Yu Ri nodded.

"Correct. Have you seen your school schedule yet? What subject with the most number of hours is written there? It is chosen by the school according to your entrance test's result. I scored pretty high in fashion design so it became my prime major. How about you?" she asked.

"Fashion design? That's awesome! I think I am having so many music lesson, so I'm guessing that's  my prime major?" I stated.

"Jinjja?! So you must be proud then! For your record, there is very few student able to enter the music field. The lecturer is known to be VERY artsy. you have to be very artsy to impress him. And by artsy it doesn't mean perfect. it's just something he and only him that knows it. He has his favorite student, tho, and he is Yixing. he's Chinese so yeah, stereotypically he is a perfect guy with perfect everything, brain, looks, talent, body, you name it. He never really seem to fail to impress the music major lecturer. Oh and he's Jong In's close friend." she explained. I nodded slowly, digesting everything to my brain.

"Wanna see the shower? students are free to shower here after their tiring after school activities such as sports. Those basketball people are probably still in the shower." she giggled. I just laughed and follow her behind.

"UWAAAH the shower is really fancy and nice!!" I grinned in awe. I can see the entrance is like entering a five star hotel's toilet and it's even more luxurious with pilars attached to each ends of the room. the colors are well picked. it's stone white with some touch of beige and golden ornaments. the granite floor was incredible. I can see my reflection very clearly here.

"I want to pee. Could you wait for me? You can wander around but just stay close okay? Oh, and by the way.. I will probably take couple of minutes because I have to make sure I am totally clean going out of the toilet. The toilet itself must be really cleaned first. So if you feel bored, just look around outside. araseo?" she explained in a major detail. Jeongmal, the needy rich girl. But I kinda like how she is really open towards me, even though we have just met. I nodded and keep eyeing on the awesome sinks.

"Jinjja this girl was serious about taking minutes inside there. For me it is like taking a dump seriously. Alright, then I'll check out the outside." I talked to myself then walked out of the luxurious toilet.

I saw posters hanging on the student board. giant posters, I must say. Then I saw this very familiar figure's face on the poster. It was the guy with the yellow jacket. I don't know why but I guess this guy must have a very, very distinguishable face for me. Or is it just me? Omo, he's the candidate for basketball leader? So he and Jong In must be competing with each other then? Or...

"Ah chogiyo I think we've met before, right? You're the one that bumped into me and refuse to be helped? Am I right?" someone suddenly poked my shoulder.

"Kkamjjagiya!" I jumped a little. He smirked. HE FRICKING SMIRKED NOW I CAN'T BREATHE. why is this? this person is annoying as ever yet he doesn't fail to make my heart skip a beat. Ah, maybe it's just because I'm scared. or because I rarely talk to people and this person started a convo with me?

"I think our introduction didn't go very smooth... mind if we start over? Here, annyeonghaseyo. My name is Ji Hoon. Jung Ji Hoon. And you are?" he extended his hand for a warm greeting. I shook his hand lightly with mine.

"Annyeonghaseyo. I'm Ha Neul, Song Ha Neul. Nice to meet you Jung Ji Hoon-ssi" I reply him with thw brightest smile I could show.

"Drop the formalities already. It's like I'm really old if you do that. Haha" he scratched his head. Omo his actions are somewhat similar to Jong In's when we first met....

"So you're a new student here? what grade are you in? I'm in 11-1. triple one! Very cool, right?" he said to himself, I suppose.

"I'm in the same grade as you, but I'm in class 11-2." I stated briefly.

"Grade 11-2? Uwaah then you're in the same class with a girl I know." he said.

"Really? Who? Is it Yu Ri-ssi?" I asked. he shook his head.

"Ani, it's the girl who is neomu neomu neomu yeppeo! About this tall, very smooth black hair, pretty eyes. I'm sure you'll like her! She's very very nice!" there goes this sudden feeling of darkness surrounding me. Like there is series and series of lizard rain pouring down on me. like if it's even possible. I just got a very bad aura right about now.

.........and it's proven.

BUGHHH.

"Ack!" I screamed as one of the poster of Ji Hoon's face flew harshly and slap my face real hard. The wind was not really friendly these days. And guess what? I'm in deep embarrassment.

"Aigoo the wind is really something. Gwenchana?" he asked, removing the huge poster off of my face. I nodded, smiling stupidly.

"O? What's that on your face? It seems like a bruise." he said, pointing at my face. My eyes widened. Not even the first day of school and I got bruised already? What's worse is the fact that what made me bruised is none other than a poster. Great.

"Where?" i followed his hand gestures to find nothing. no blood no scratch. He then laughed and lift his hands towards my face. I froze. His face was really close I can see his dark brown iris clearly. And before he could touch my face I heard sounds from behind. Ji Hoon looked up to see the source of noise and he dashed back from my face, fixing his hair and shirt. I turned my glance to see who's making him like this.

"Ah you are so cute in this outfit, I like it!" Oh, it was Jong In! .....and a girl. Not just an ordinary girl. She's the pretty girl that previously approached me with her group of loud females. I couldn't remember her name but she bragged about her hair products.

"Jinjja? Gomawo, oppa." The girl flashed a really really cute smile towards Jong In. Oppa? So they're close??

"O?! Ji Hoon! What are you doing here with... Omo! I remember you! Song... Ha Neul? Right?" He wrapped his arms around that girl. Whoa I think I am pretty late about something.

"Ah, ne. We were just..." I nodded and about to finish my line when Ji Hoon suddenly cuts.

"Gyu Won-aaaaah! I miss you so much!" he flashed his bright smile and hugged that Gyu Won girl all of a sudden. I was more surprised than ever. Not because I never see something like this before, it's just.... how could he hug her in front of her..... boyfriend?

"Aaah I miss you too my little puppy!" Gyu Won hugged him back. Whoa. KIM JONG IN'S EXPRESSION WHAT THE HECK. HE WAS ALRIGHT AND HE EVEN LAUGHED WITH THEM????? What's going on? What did I miss...

"Am I always just a puppy to you, Gyu Won-ah?" Ji Hoon pouted. I was standing there. Awkwardly watching their awkwardness. Ji Hoon sounded like he was joking but I don't know why I could sense disappointment from his fake pouting face.

"Hey, we've met each other, right? Back there in the hallway? Ah, oppa! How come you've known her before I introduce her to you?" Gyu Won suddenly made a 'cute' pouting face in front of Jong In. Jong In laughed.

"Ah, I forgot. I don't know her. Why don't you introduce her to me, Gyu Won?" He smiled. His eyes were locked onto hers. It was like destiny.

"Arasseo. Oppa, this is Song Ha Ma. She's new in this school. Ha Ma say hi!" she 'introduced' me to him. WHAT THE FUDGE? SHE MISSPELLED MY NAME. Hama in Korea means a freaking hippopotamus. And the guys are laughing their asses off. 

"HA MA? Excuse me, lady but it's HA NEUL. And you said you want to introduce me." I was seriously pissed. Ok this is embarrassing. I mean, in front of everybody?

"Yah! Don't you dare yell at Gyu Won-ah! She might just misheard your name when you guys met. It's no big deal, right? Besides, you look like one in some ways. Hahahaha, am I right guys?" Ji Hoon has just slapped me with his mouth. I just realized something bad about him on my first day of school, not even the first official school day.

"Yah what the heck did you just call me?!" I hit him on his back instantly after he said that to me. He yacked in pain. Let him be. I'm strong for a reason. Kim Jong In just laughed lightly and ended up our first fight ever.

"Yah yah immature beings! Cut it out. You don't mock females, Ji Hoon. That's why Gyu Won never look up to you." silence. Ji Hoon just walked away after threatening me with his devilish glance that says "This isn't over" right through my eyes and soul.

what. the. .

***************************************************************

"Sorry I took so long on the restroom. I'm squeaky clean now and I'm happy! And I.... OMO! What the hell happened to you, Ha Neul?" Yu Ri approached me who was sitting on a bench near the restroom, looking like a deep . Soaking wet deep .

"Uh... I... slipped and fell into the pool......................................" I looked down, embarrassed.

"What the....? How was that even possible?"

"What happened was..."

****************************************************************

After Ji Hoon walked away, Gyu Won and I exchanged glances. She then slapped Jong In in the shoulder, light enough to hurt him.

"Hey, that's not how you end this stupid little problem, you see? Now chase him and apologize! Palli, oppa!!!" Jong In just did what she ordered him to. But... intead of going for the blame alone, he took Gyu Won by the hand, I guess because he felt that it was her mistake too to mock me. But!!!! Instead of letting Jong In drag her to approach Ji Hoon, she grabbed my arms and I, too, got involved in this problem. What the heck? I was a victim here, duh!

"Where could he be now?" Jong In talked to himself. The three of us were still making a human chain. Walking like a chain from one location to the other. Gyu Won just shook her head.

"Oppa, I think everyone in this school except you knows where Ji Hoon will be at times like this. You are jinjja ignorant, oppa. Ji Hoon's never hard to find. I know where to go. Follow me, araji?" she volunteered to lead the way. Jong In sighed and let himself being dragged by Gyu Won to God knows where. I was feeling about the same as him then.

"O? Swimming pool? But Ji Hoon can't swim! He is not allowed to swim by his doctors." Jong In said like he knew Ji Hoon. Gyu Won smiled a little.

"He can't." she said shortly. Me and Jong In exchanged glances.

"If he can't swim then..." I slowly look around to find any traces of Ji Hoon. He was standing on the edge of the pool, possibly trying to kill himself.

"Yup. He does that all the time."

"What?!" my eyes widened. I dashed towards him who was about to commit suicide. My intention was only to save a person's life. I ran, a person like me was supposed to be the last person to run, and I'm not even joking.

"Yah michin namja*! What were you thinking you moron!!!! You can't even swim!! Don't even think about suicide man, it was not a big deal seriously." I pulled him away from the pool. I wasn't expecting for a good reaction but I don't care if he'd yell at me again. When I thought I have saved a life....

silence.

dead silence.

what the hell.

"What.... are you doing? What suicide?" Ji Hoon looked at me in confusion. I looked at him. Then at Jong In. Then at Gyu Won. Then I looked at myself. My dumb, stupid self.

"Dude you were about to kill yourself, right? They said your doctors forbid you to swim!" I almost screamed.

"What kill myself? Who's crazy? I was about to sit on the edge of the pool, not kill myself!" he stated.

"Uhm.. what I was about to say was yes, he does that all the time. Sitting on the edge of the pool thinking about life and ." Gyu Won explained with a face.

*donkey voice in background*

I was dumbfounded.

*michin namja = crazy man