Depth

When The Night Falls

Since just now, everyone has been throwing looks at me. I don't know why. I even heard Minho teasing Amber about something, some language that I can't understand but it sounds like Mandarine. Does Amber know Chinese? Without me knowing, I am actually frowning and Yoona comes and plops herself down beside me. "What are you thinking?" she asks casually and I don't know if I should reply her. 

I shrug and look around, searching for particular someone. "Where's Amber?" 

"You're missing her already? Didn't the both of you have a great time just now?" she says, with overflowing sarcasm and I look at her, confused. "We all heard it." She adds, crossing her arms in front of her chest and looking stiff. 

"H-heard what?" I seem to have the idea in my mind but I am praying otherwise. Please don't tell me they heard my... Oh my gosh!

"Do I have to mimic it out for you?" she looks at me from the corner of her eyes. 

"All of you... heard it?" I ask carefully, the heat slowly creeps up my neck. 

She nods. "Even when you tried to muffle it." God damn it! It is so embarrassing! There are five men in the house and they all heard me. How am I supposed to face them- Oh so that's why they have been throwing me looks since just now! Argh Amber is gonna get it from me. I feel Yoona shifting beside me and now she sits facing me, with an arm resting over the sofa headrest. "Is she that good in bed?" She squints one eye and that's it, my whole face is red like a tomato now. "Hmm... must be. Or else you wouldn't have screamed and-"

"Yah." I grunt, don't like the way she is teasing me even though she tries to break the ice between us. 

"Sorry. Just that it is a little funny." She shrugs, playing with a strand of my hair. I glare at her and she let go of the strand, looking innocent which makes me want to puke. 

I slap the sofa as I stand up, searching for Amber but I bump into Yuri instead. "Uhm... Amber is talking to Onew oppa now... so..." she says awkwardly, scratching her head and avoiding my eyes. I guess she heard it too. "But anyway, can I have a word with you, too?" she asks, pointing to a room which I assume is hers. I peer inside, it is so dark but alluring, so I nod. "great." I follow behind her and she opens the door wider for me to step in. Her room is different from Amber's even though both are dark. There's this aura of mystery here which I can't really fathom. "Do you uhm, want me to switch on the lamp for you?" 

"It'd be great." I say, trying to figure out where I should sit. She flicks the lamp switch on and asks me to take a seat near the window, there's a coffee table even though there obviously don't drink coffee or maybe they call it blood table. I giggle at my own thought and she frowns at me, sitting down on the floor opposite me. "I am sorry. Just... I thought of-"

"It's okay." She smiles so I smile back. I like her better than Yoona. "Can I ask you some questions?" 

"S-sure. If you don't mind the rest hearing it." I say, with a slight hint of sarcasm. 

"Don't worry. I have locked the room out. They can't hear us." 

"You mean if you locked the room, it becomes soundproof?" I ask, amazed. 

She nods. "But only my room." 

My shoulders drop at her reply and she chuckles. "But why only yours?"

"Because..." She pauses and looks at me. "I have a secret that they don't know." 

"And?" I prob, feeling curious already. 

She rests both hands behind her back to support her upper body as she leans back. "Do you want to know?" 

"What if I said yes?" I ask, testing the water a little. 

"There's no need to hold your guard up against me." She chortles. "I know you will keep my secret safe." 

"What makes you think so?" I squint my eyes at her, skeptical of the trust she has in me. 

She shrugs, lips pucker and then sighs. "Because I feel something from you." 

"W-wh-what?" I am shocked. "Y-you know that I love Amber only right?" 

First, she stares at me. Hard. Then the laugh slowly bursts out from her lungs, guffawing at my remark. "W-what? Haha! Sor-sorry, excuse me." She says in between her laughter and wipes away the tear from her eye. I watch in both embarrassment and confusion. Is it something that I said? Or is she trying to show that she is happy even though she is sad deep down that I rejected her? "Okay." She says. "Okay." She repeats. "Okay." She blows air out through , trying to calm herself down. "Okay so... just in case you've heard me wrong... I said I feel something from you not for you." She says, stifling her laughter again. 

I was right. I did say something wrong. My cheeks grow so warm that I thought I could die from the heat within me. "I'm sorry." I mumble, looking away in embarrassment. 

"Nah. It is fine. To err is human. You're a human." She teases, the dark-aura Yuri is gone. I thought she is the kind of person- or a vampire- who is 24/7 down. 

"Yeah." I reply, trying to clear away the awkwardness.

"So, like I said, I feel something from you." she emphasises the word and I feel my blood rushing to my face again. "It's like, you're someone special." She says, looking at me. "But I don't like you that way." 

"I know." I quickly say, showing her that I don't get the wrong idea this time. 

"You smell... comforting, or something like that." she says, eyeing me obviously which makes me feel slightly uncomfortable. "But it is not you." 

"What?" I stare at her, utterly confused.

"I don't feel it from you but I smell it from you." She says which deepens my interest on what she's talking about. "Who else do you live with?" 

"Uhm... my sister." I say slowly. 

"You have a sister?" She asks, slapping the coffee table with both her palms as she leans forward. "Show me." She pleads a little after I nod. 

I fish out my phone from my pocket and open the gallery again, showing her the exact photo that I showed Amber before. She stares at it, not speaking or blinking. The moment is long and I start to feel uncomfortable again. Her face remains expressionless after minutes have past. "Uhm Yuri?" 

She flinches and then looks up at me, eyes out of focus. 

"Are you okay?" I ask her. She merely nods and passes me back my phone. "Is there anything wrong with my sister?" 

She doesn't reply me and stands up instead, grabbing me by my elbow to pull me up and I am shocked at her force. "Ouch!" I yelp when she starts dragging me toward the door but it flings inwards all of a sudden, I am still trying to break Yuri's grip off my arm but she is gone within a second. I spin around when I hear the loud thud behind me. "Oh my god." 


 

"Don't go anywhere alone, even if it's in this house." I say, checking the bruise on her arm and she hisses when I press it too hard. The defined bruises in the shape of a hand. Damn that Yuri. "Why did you follow her?" I ask, my tone is harsh and I am aware of it. She keeps quiet, not knowing how to explain and I catch her peeking at me. The scared look on her face makes my heart soften at the sight of it. "Hey look, I am not trying to scold you or anything." 

She flinches slightly when I wanted to cup her cheeks, but then she relaxes and throws her arms around my neck, pulling me into a tight hug. Her breath tickles my neck and I her hair. "Are you better now? I am sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone, even if it's for awhile. I am to blame, not you. Sorry." I whisper and feel her shaking her head at the crook of my neck. 

"It's not your fault. I shouldn't have followed her in when I felt that someone was wrong." she sighs, clenching onto my jumper tightly. 

My chest feels weird like that, like she's so vulnerable and I want to protect her with all that I can. We pull apart after awhile more and I smile at her, hoping that it would make her feel better. "Why did she call you in, anyway?" I ask, frowning because I thought Yuri didn't really like Krystal as she is a human. Krystal shrugs lazily with a soft sigh. 

"She said I smell familiar." 

I was shocked for a second but then she continues. "Like she can feel something from me but it's not me, she's targetting at. Then she asked if I lived with anyone else, I told her I live with unnie and she asked for a picture. I showed her the one you have seen before and she suddenly changed. And then she started grabbing me, trying to throw me out of her room maybe and it hurt, it still hurts though. Then you came- wait how did you know when to come? I mean she said her room is soundproof so you can't possibly hear my scream." 

Her eyes sparkle when she looks at me. I know she is having those fantasy about her knight shining in armour again, she lives in fairytale. "Well, something must be off when I shouted for you but you didn't reply me. And Yuri was missing. So, I figured." I say, trying hard not to burst her bubble and she throws herself to me, snuggling to my chest and sniffing me which makes me feel awkward a little. 

"You saved me." she says in her muffled voice, nuzzling to my jumper even more. "oh and, she said she has a secret that nobody knows." 

"What is it?" 

"I don't know. She didn't say." 

I have a bad feeling for this but I doubt Yuri would hurt Krystal since she must have felt something for Jessica now. Yes, she's attracted to Jessica. There must be a reason and I am going to consult Onew Hyung later. How is it that she has never seen Jessica before but she falls for her already? "Well, I am sure that she'll talk to you again. Just don't go to her room next time." 

"Can she hear us now?" she asks, feeling scared, judging from the way her body trembles slightly. 

I push her off my chest gently and shake my head for her to see. "Onew hyung is talking to her. She doesn't have another ear to listen to us." 

"Sometimes, I don't get your species." She pouts. 

I chuckle at this sight and sit back, leaning against the bed post. "Why?" I ask as I clasp my hands behind my head, watching her as she climbs to sit on my laps, not really straddling but literally sitting on them, with her legs cross as well. 

"You guys are so mysterious, like I can't even get you some times. Your face just suddenly changes when I am talking, is it something that I say? Is it because you're not interested?" she says, flailing her arms in the air and I catch them, pulling them down and placing them to her chest. "And you, laugh for no reason." She adds on when I chuckle at her cute antic. 

"You're the reason why I am laughing now." I say, still smiling. "And I am not laughing at you. I am laughing because I feel happy, with you." Her cheeks become rosy and she bites her bottom lip as she looks away, another charm of hers. y yet cute. "I am interested in everything that you say. And I am sorry if my mind goes somewhere else when you're talking, I am just thinking but still listening to you." I clarify

She breaks away from my grip and punches me on my chest. "Anyway, you didn't tell me that they can hear us when... when... when we are doing... that."

"what?" I frown. 

"You know? that? s-."

"Why are you so shy about it?" I tease, pinching her rosy cheeks and she swats my hands away, glaring at me. "Okay. Well... I thought I told you before already." 

"You didn't remind me that before we... did it." she argues. 

I shrug, lifting my shoulders up longer than necessary. "I will remind you next time." 

"And so?" 

"So that you will not blame it on me after we do it." I joke but she takes it seriously that I don't care if others hear us. It is embarrassing too, Minho teased me about it but well... in the heat of the moment. 

She didn't stop hitting me until I lean up to steal a quick kiss on her lips. She is surprised and freezes for a moment before composing herself again. "Y-yah. How can you do that?" 

"That's the best way to stop you, isn't it?" I smile, patting her head. 

She rolls her eyes and purses her lips, which I find very y. "Yoona teased me like hell and- oh! You know how to speak Mandarine?" She suddenly asks me, staring at me curiously. I nod and she looks very surprised, like her eyes are wide and glittering. "How?"

"Okay... My full name is Amber Liu Yi Yun." I say, hoping that she could get the message but didn't I say that cops are dumb? 

"So?"

"My surname is Liu. Does that sound Korean to you?" I ask, trying to sound patient with the lazy smile on my face. 

She taps her chin with her index finger a few times before shaking her head. "You're a chinese?" 

"Spot on!" I cheer and clap in front of her face. 

"I thought you're a Korean because you speak in Korean." She mumbles, frowning with a pout. 

"Well... some people are bilingual while some are multilingual. For me, I am the second." I cross my arms in front of my chest, looking proud I guess, which earns a smack on my head. She loves to hit me but it doesn't hurt. 

"What else do you know?" She asks, looking especially interested. 

"I know... how to.... play guitar." I grin. 

At first, she didn't respond me and I thought something happened. Then later, she jumps up and down on my laps, clapping and cheering, "PLAY FOR ME!"