My Turn To Cry

Saying Goodbye

She didn’t dare look at him. She didn’t want her facade to crumble down. Her pride was too big for that. His eyes wandered down to see her fists clenched. Her nails dug into the flesh of her palms. And even though she was struggling, she continued to stubbornly hold her tears back. 

His eyes looked back up at her, despite her looking down at his feet. He could see her tears threatening to fall from the rims of her eyes. He didn’t want to leave, and it pained him to see her in this way. The look on her face was enough to make his hands numb and his legs weak. It completely torn him apart, but he doesn’t have a choice. He had to resume the glamourous life of fame. 

At this point, saying anything would be totally useless. He knew nothing he could say would comfort her or make a difference. So he kept his eyes on her, taking in every detail of her face. He wanted to remember everything about her and also to keep a vivid image in his head of her face. 

Time was slowly coming to the end, and the sound of the train approaching became louder and louder. The sound of the train’s horn only made her squeeze her fist harder. She knew this was the end. But she still couldn’t look up. A tear ran down his cheek, and just when he thought he had a little bit more time, the train had stopped and people were getting on. 

Her body started to tremble, and it was getting harder and harder to compose herself. He sighed and leaned down, giving the top of her head one last kiss and his arms wrapped  tightly around her to give her one last hug. “I love you.” He gently said and reluctantly released her. “Goodbye,” Was the only thing she could choked out. And with that, she turned around, without sparing one last look at him. He flinched from the coldness of her response. He quietly got onto the train and sat at a window seat with a good view of her. Yet to find that her back was still turned. 

He rested his forehead against the glass of the window. Devastated, he let his tears continue to run down his face. Little did he know, she broke down, sobbing uncontrollably. It felt so unfair to her. She wanted to scream and shout and throw a fit, but she knew it wouldn’t do anything. All she could do was cry and hope that the pain in her aching heart would ease up. 

Goodbye, was the last thing she said to him. She was too heartbroken to even regret not looking at him one last time. He watched her back as the train began to move. The sound of the train moving gave her a sense of relief, that he wouldn’t see her in that state.

All the energy in her legs were gone and she didn’t bother using anymore energy to stand. Instead, she let her body collapse to the cold and rough ground. At the sight of her falling to the ground, his heart ripped into more pieces. He angrily kicked the seat in front of him and banged his head against the window. He was angry at himself for not being able to do anything for her.

She didn’t care if people were staring or giving her weird looks, it didn’t matter.

She lost the love of her life, nothing mattered at this point.