chapter one: PWNED.

College Road Trip

 


“Come on! Work, you stupid car!”

BAM!

“Start! Dammit!”

BAM! BAM! BAM!

“OW!”

Sigh... That's what I get for slamming my hands against the steering wheel so hard. Now they're all red and painful. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. “Come on Gyeo-Wool... Use your telepathy powers to make this damn vehicle work...” I mumbled to myself.

I slowly twisted the key... Then pressed the 'start engine' button... Then... VROOM!

Oh yeah!

.

..

...

VROO—!

But no, my profound happiness barely lasted a second because the engine stopped working, again.

 

“ARGGGHHH!!! DAMMIT!!”

 

Why couldn't the thing just start and make me happy?! The fuel gauge wasn't even pointed on the 'E'! I angrily opened the car door, got out and stormed back inside the house.

“Mother!” I yelled at the top of my lungs after slamming the front door open. “My car's dead! And I have to leave!”

Yeah, leave... for college. The day had come for me to finally move out of the house and travel from Busan to Seoul, and I was pretty damn happy about it.

Not that I didn't like living with my parents. They just didn't give me the freedom I wanted.

“Quiet down, Gyeo-wool.” Mother answered from the living room. “It's seven in the morning. You wouldn't want to wake up the neighbors now wouldn’t you?”

“You mean the Kims? They're probably awake now because he's leaving today too.” I said, emphasizing the word 'he'. “But anyway, my car's not working, and I have to go! Can I use your car, pretty please?” I continued with the sweetest smile I could possible pull.

 

Who is this 'he' I am speaking of? Why, it's none other than the -god (or should I say former) of Busan High School, Kim Jonghyun. I'm being serious, people. He actually lost his ity at like fifteen or something to some eighteen-year-old senior, then all of the sudden, most of the girls wanted to sleep with him. Well, that's what I heard and what he bragged about all the time anyway.

But, the thing is, Jonghyun's mother, and my mother had been 'BFF's' since, I don't know, forever. Coincidentally, the respective mothers gave birth to us (meaning Jonghyun and I – just in case you weren’t following) on the same day. Hmm, kinda. Jonghyun was born on the eighth of April, minutes before midnight, and I was born nineteen minutes after on the ninth.

Yeah... I was pretty shocked when I found out that info too.

Since the day we were born, our mothers had been forcing us to do stuff together, like Jonghyun pushing me on the swing when we use to play in the park or walking me home after school since our houses are right next to each other.

The first few years, he was pretty sweet and kind. He’d knock on our door everyday and invite me to play games with him or visit the park. There was even one time when Jonghyun unexpectedly asked me to come outside my house just to give me a bunch of beautiful roses he picked from a rose bush nearby our homes.

But when puberty hit him like an arrow, BAM! More girls started liking him and the rest was history. He became a self-centered, vain, conceited, -crazed, ego-maniac jerk, and I genuinely detested him after.

 

“I'm going to need my car for work, dear.”

For some reason, my world became gloomy. “What about dad's?”

“He won't be back until tomorrow.”

 

Obviously, mother was reluctant about letting me borrow her car, because the last time I used it, things didn't go pretty.

That's something I never want to bring up ever again. But, let's just say I accidentally hit and run-ed a lamp post which left a pretty painful dent on the front of my mother’s car.

“Why don't you get Jonghyun to drive you? He's going to Seoul too right?”

.

..

No. No. NO!

I couldn't believe mother just said that.

It was bad enough that I spent the last thirteen years in the same school as Jonghyun, but a five hour road-trip with him driving?! You have got to be kidding me!

“Uh-uh! No way! I am so not going on a 'college road trip' with HIM!” I instantly snapped with my eyebrows furrowed.

 

“Why? There's nothing wrong with Jonghyun. He's a sweet boy.” Mother replied softly with a confused look.

Even mom's answer made me nauseous.

‘Sweet’? My .

 

“Do you want to go to Seoul, or not?”

 

x x x

 

“Sup, Kyeo-baby.” The devil greeted with a smirk.

Oh, how I wanted to wipe it off of his stupid face. I rolled my eyes and spat, “Don't call me that.”

“Oh, your name really does suit your personality.” He replied smugly. “Cold and unwanted.”

“How is the winter season ‘unwanted'?” I shot him a look.

“I wasn't talking about 'Gyeo-wool', dummy-Kyeo. I was talking about the dumped waste parts of meat.” He chuckled out loud in an annoying manner. “Ya know, ‘cause they're cold and they're unwanted.”

 

Oh, dear God. Please help me.

“Jonghyun, please shut up.”

“What? I'm stating the truth.” The man in front of me said then shrugged. “Besides, aren't I your ride to Seoul? Respect me or I'll leave you.”

 

Honestly, I had no choice.

Either I stay here in Busan for the rest of my life and not go to college, or let Jonghyun drive me to Seoul and have the freedom I’ve been longing for my entire life. Obviously I had to pick the second choice.

“Now, get your bags off the floor and dump them on the back. We need to get going!” Jonghyun said before walking to the driver's door of his white land rover and opening it.

 

 

What a gentleman.

Not even bothering helping a lady such as myself to carry her bags. But, whatever, I didn't not complaining - out loud anyway.

I opened the door to the back seats and one by one put my bags inside, placing them neatly next to Jonghyun's. Then I shut the door, opened the passenger's door and climbed in the car. “This is gonna be one long- ride...” I mumbled to myself just as Jonghyun started the vehicle.

“Five hours with Busan High's -god—”

Former self-proclaimed -god.” I corrected him.

“Whatever.” He rolled his eyes in annoyance. “I made history in that school. I shall be forever known!”

“What? For having with almost every girl and teachers? Including male ones?” I noted.

Male?!” Jonghyun almost choked on the gum he was chewing (which I noticed just now). “I'm not gay! FYI, I only screw girls.”

“Too bad your 'screwing' weapon is as tiny as a pin worm.” I scoffed, crossing my arms.

 

PWNED!

Okay, don’t ask how I know that.

 

“Alright, that is it!” He exclaimed, pointing out the passenger's door. “Get out of my car!”

Should I plead? No. I never plead to anyone.

Especially not to Kim Jonghyun.

“No, I won't.” I muttered, showing no trace of emotion.

“Why not?!”

“Because if you kick me out, I will tell your mother!”

 

OK... that was possibly the lamest comeback I could ever think of, but only I know that Jonghyun becomes weak when it comes to his mother.

 

“I-uh-I-ugh! Fine! You can stay!”