My Christmas Present

My Red Christmas Eve

 

“Pes..ti..cide .." I rub the label with my sleeve to clean away the thick dust. I have to make sure that’s what I need. Today is Christmas Eve, i have found myself a lovely Christmas present, present that I always wanted. And tonight, is the night I’ll finally have it.

 

“Looks like our little girl smile a lot today huh? ” mother smile at me.Yes, of course. I’ve been waiting for this day like forever. For the first time, I smile again to mother .I don’t usually smile or talk in my life, she is the one smile a lot and talk a lot. So, everybody loves her, who has the same face with me. 

 

“Mommy, I have decided, I will confess to him tonight!~” my lovely sister is talking to mother in the kitchen. Not even a chance, sis. I know she like him, we both like him. He is an orphan. The same orphanage we used to live before we get adopted.

 

 

*Flashback

 

"Hey, aren’t you feel cold? Its snowing" I look up from the white field and saw that little boy who have  brown colour hair, small chocolate eyes and beautiful fingers, even more beautiful than mine. He is wearing a red scarf. He is seven years old, one year older than me of course, she too. I just look at him. Then, he popped  the red colour lolipop he has been holding into my mouth. I don’t know if he taste it before, its strawberry flavour. Then, I felt my neck is wrapped by something warm that block away the cold, he wrapped his red scarf around me.

 

 

*End

 

"Red wine? Mother, let me get it for you." I went into the kitchen and grab that bottle of red wine I have prepared for them. I hope the smell of red wine had covered that awful smell. I hope they enjoy it.

 

He came after dinner when we-no, its they are enjoying my one and only red wine. He didn’t drink it because he still need to drive back down the hill, as I expected. He had dyed his hair into red-wine-like colour, making me love him more. He  brought us present but that’s not the one i want for Christmas.

 

But, my present had delivered.

 

Then, there are blood. It’s time to say goodbye.

 

"Thank you father and mother for loving me. I’m sorry. Merry Christmas, I love you."

 

"My silly sister, Merry Christmas." looking at her just like looking another me and I don’t like.

 

No replies. They just look at me. Blood on their shirt, floor just like the snowy white field painted in red.

 

“Why…?” That’s why I love him. What a clueless puppy. He look at me weakly, oh, the sleeping pills is working now.

 

"So, you’ll be mine then. Sleep for a while, I just want you stay by my side, forever.” I told him.

 

"Merry Christmas, I love you. Byun Baekhyun."