Law of Attraction

Hyoyeon's One shot collection by mikansakura
Please log in to read the full chapter

LAW OF ATTRACTION*

Mr.Jung wrote the three words in capital letters on the white board using a black marker pen. After underlining it, he turned back to face a class full of curious students.

Jung Yunho was a handsome young teacher who had recently joined the teaching faculty of Harper’s academy that was located in the heart of Seoul. The tall charming physics teacher instantly became the heartthrob among the high school girls.

“Law of attraction states that any two bodies in the universe attract each other with a force that is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.” He explained to the class, half filled with drooling teenage girls and the other half, jealous teenage boys.

“Sir…”

One of the girls called. Mister Jung had expected the girl to ask her daily dose of doubts as she does every other day. He heaved a bored sigh and turned his attention to her.

“Yes, Miss Kim?”

Kim Hyoyeon, the sixteen year old blondie, was seated at the window side towards the middle of the class. Her left hand supported her chin while the right one was still raised up and she had a serious face.

“Does this law only apply to masses?” She let her right hand fall to the side.

“Yes.” He gave a short answer to her question.

Hyoyeon seemed not to be satisfied by his answer. “Are you sure sir? I mean, doesn’t it apply to mass-less entities?”

“Yes, I’m sure but I’m not sure what you mean by these mass-less entities.”

Hyoyeon sat up on her chair and laid her hands on the desk casually. “Like mind. Don’t minds attract? Love happens when two minds get attracted to each other, right?”

Mixed responses erupted in the class. Some of them snickered at how she compared love to something significant like a law while the others nodded approvingly at her brilliant approach. Her physics teacher obviously belonged to the former category. He shook his head lightly and looked at the girl.

“Miss Kim, I teach you physics not psychology. Kindly restrict your questions to within the subject.”

“But sir,” She voiced out. “I am not deviating from the topic. We are talking about ‘law of attraction’. Isn’t love attraction?”

“Miss Kim..”

“Yes sir?”

 “Detention.” He said in his cold deep voice.

“But sir..”

“One more word and I will have to ask you to get out.” He warned her.

“Sir I..” She tried to reason out but it resulted in her getting kicked out of the class.

Being asked to get out of class was not something new for Kim Hyoyeon. This happened almost every day in the physics class because it was not like any other class.

.

.

Hyoyeon looked at herself and gave a thumb up approving her own looks before skipping downstairs. She ran past Mrs Kim who was taking dried laundry to her room. “Where are you off to so early in the morning?” She giggled at the sight of her daughter all dressed up and running to the front door with a grin on her face.

“It’s a secret.” Hyoyeon turned and winked at her mother before opening the front door and leaving the house.

I have to ask oppa whether he ate the handmade chocolates I gave on Valentine ’s Day. Hyoyeon smiled to herself as she pulled down her sleeves to cover her wrists since it was cold. I hope he liked it. She bit her lip thinking about how hard she worked to make the perfect batch of chocolates for Yunho. She stayed the whole night and didn’t let her mother help her. She had to make it by herself putting in all her feelings for him.

Jung Yunho’s house was just a house away from Hyoyeon’s. They were neighbors since childhood days and Hyoyeon had a crush on him ever since. Yunho always treated her like a little sister and ignored her advances. When he joined Hyoyeon’s school as a teacher, she was happy she could be closer to him. She put more efforts into her studies and made sure she looked on-point every single day but he seemed not to notice.

Yunho’s house came in her sight and she saw him taking out trash early in the morning.

“That is a lot of trash.” Hyoyeon threw a friendly word at him.

Yunho looked up and smiled upon seeing Hyoyeon. “Ah, yeah it is. I was throwing out t

Please log in to read the full chapter