FINAL

I CAN'T ( MY DARLING SEQUEL)

Chanyeol never thought that he will see New York on his life. Well not because his parents are not good enough to support him (trust me, if he could his parents will support all the way to Himalaya) but it’s because all his life Chanyeol always have this vision that he will spend his life in Seoul; become a doctor, married and have kids and then grandchildren and then goes to heaven peaceful and complete. In simply words, he wants a simple life.

But not all people wants people get. After lots of painful memory, a wedding disaster, a heart break and trying to survive the post heartbreak, Chanyeol found himself circling around his new apartment in downtown Manhattan; his black MCM briefcase contains all his belongings and his letter from Manhattan Central Hospital were put nicely beside the ebony door of his new living place. In a few days after he getting used of himself in the Big Apple, he will work as the neurosurgeon doctor in Manhattan Central Hospital. And the youngest one on top of that.

Proud he could say but Chanyeol couldn’t denied the feeling of relief when he receive the news that he will stay in Manhattan, far away from his parents (who still getting so formal with him) and most importantly far away from everything that reminds him to Kris. Five years has passed and the wound still there. Not fully open because he already stitch it but it remains on his heart.  A reminder for him to never give his heart again; the pain on his heart is unbearable and Chanyeol didn’t think that he’s ready to be hurt for the second time.

                                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As usual, Chanyeol receive a call from the hospital. Between his effort to stay awake and his brain concentrate to hear what the nurse says by phone, Chanyeol change his attire to a casual one.

The patient goes by the name Vincent Li, a Chinese man who on his vacation in New York. Based on the report file he read when he came to the nurse ward, Vincent Li apparently having a seizure and an internal bleeding on his brain due to the exhaustion and physical age.

Maybe it’s a fate but maybe it’s a lack of sleep he has. But Chanyeol sure he sees a familiar man lying helplessly on the patient ward. The man put a small smile on his tired face when his eyes spot Chanyeol beside his bed.

                “We meet again, Chanyeol-gun.”

With shaky hands, Chanyeol grip the file on his hands. How can from all of the people who have to be sick, he has to handle a sick Li Jia Heng? Fate sure playing games with him. He sighs, dislike it or not he have to be professional. He wipes out all the worry and surprise from his face and wears a mask of a professional doctor.

                “So, you register under the name of Vincent Li?” Jia Heng just shrugs and fixes his eyes on Chanyeol. The sharp gaze seems like interrogate him, trying to find any old Chanyeol he used to know before the incident five years ago. But when he see that there’s no more left from the happy and bubbly Chanyeol he used to know, Jia Heng glance the other way.

                “My enemy will kill me when they found out I’m in the middle of my weakest point.” A logic excuse. Chanyeol just nod in agreement and decide to check the further condition of Jia Heng. Five years has gone by and Chanyeol knows the young and energetic Jia Heng has also gone by the time. All he sees now is a old man, wrinkles on his face due to the exhaustion and problems with a need to just leaving the harsh world and living a peaceful of days on his throne.

Between the check up, both of them doesn’t say anything. Jia Heng to absorb on his own thought same with Chanyeol. After writing down some prescription for Jia Heng, Chanyeol bid his goodbyes and immediately leaves the room.

                “He’s been asking about you all this time.” The immediate sentence from Jia Heng stops his feet. Chanyeol hands froze on the door knob. The thought of Kris still asking about him make a part of him feel a bit floating in the air but the bigger part of hatred crushing down the feeling and waking him up. He could sense the lingering eyes of Jia Heng on his back; waiting for him to reply. But Chanyeol just keep walking and closing the door of the patient room.

                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luhan and Sehun are the faces he recognized from afar when he doing his regular visits on the fifth day of Jia Heng hospital treatment.   Though there’s some slight physical change from Sehun who grow taller and more handsome, Luhan still the same after all this time. His strawberry blonde hair and the childish face are still there along with a sense of maturity on the air around him. He’s hesitant to approach them and doing his daily visit. He’s wondering of what he should do; talk to them or just pretend that he didn’t know them. But the last option seems heartless mainly because he knows the real reason he choose to pretend is because he’s afraid they will talk about Kris.

He sighs; why he should think about the man who had broken his life again? Whatever, he’s been doing well after all this time and he won’t let it ruin just by some old memories.

If Sehun is good at hiding his surprise then Luhan is otherwise. The strawberry blonde shouts in surprise then he hg Chanyeol tightly. So tight that Chanyeol sure the air got knocked out right of him.

After a long question from Luhan which Chanyeol try so hard to answer minimally, Jia Heng demand that the doctor has to do his job.

                “Yeol hyung, why don’t we goes to lunch together after this?” Sehun, who all of time sits in silent near the window finally voice out his thoughts. The latter stops his task on prescribing another medicine for Jia Heng. He turns his eyes to Sehun and considering everything on his brain. There’s nothing wrong on the lunch invitation besides deep inside, he kind of miss the twins. He had got used to Luhan bubbly laughter and happiness and Sehun moodiness. He missed talking about everything and anyone and with this invitation; he thought that maybe it’s time for him to fix their strained friendship.

With a shrug and a nod, Chanyeol agree to go to lunch with Sehun and Luhan. Little did he know a mischievous smile was exchanged between Jia Heng and the twins behind his back.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Chanyeol never want to dwell himself in the past so that’s why he agree to Sehun request earlier. Thinking that it’s only a normal and natural lunch for friends who didn’t meet for a long time and try to catching up what they had been missed for these past year. Though there’s a small voice at the back of his hearts that he shouldn’t acquaintances himself again with the family, but Chanyeol shushed the voice and just go along with it.

However, maybe Chanyeol should trust himself and hear any opinion from himself before he doing something. Because when he arrives at the small café near the hospital with Sehun, he knows that this is not an ordinary lunch like what he’s been thinking off.

Kris didn’t change at all; still the same tall man with the cocky and confident aura around him. The sharp gaze eyes still there, piercing into him like he wants to know every secret Chanyeol had been kept all this time. If this meeting happened one or two years back ago, then Chanyeol sure he will go in rage and throw everything in front of his eyes to the tall man stand not very far from him. A man who used to be his one and only. His boyfriend, his  fiancée, his almost soon to be husband, his best friend. Overall, his everything.

But as time goes by, Chanyeol had dealt with the temperament side of him and accept Kris failure to stand beside him on the altar five years ago as a life phase. It happened so he could learn that the reality of love is not always full with flowers and rainbow especially if you had a relationship with the leader of the mafia.

While the twins busying themselves with choosing the menu and the drink, Chanyeol and Kris sit in silent. In times like this, Chanyeol didn’t know what to say or do. He’s been thinking of back when he still trying to piece his shattering hearts, that when he had the chance to see Kris again, he will curse the man and hit him or put some nice revenge. Now finally the day has come yet there’s none of his plan will going to work out. It’s all because he’s just too confused to say something even more curse.

                “So, how’s father?” Kris deep voice breaking the silence between them. Chanyeol shifts on his seats when he catches the latter eyes trailed to him.

Chanyeol shrug, “He’s fine. It’s just he’s too tired and didn’t have enough rest so his blood pressure increased.” Kris hummed as a sign of acknowledgement. He took a glance at the twins who still standing in front of the food counter; a small argument could be seen when Sehun picks fish and chips while Luhan wants to have the garlic bread.

                “So how long you’ve been here?” Kris asks him. A safe question yet Chanyeol always put his guard on. Who knows what this conversation will lead to.

                “About two or three years.” Another hum and another silence. Chanyeol wish that Sehun and Luhan would come back already. Another awkward silence and he will totally excuse himself from this place.

Chanyeol too absorbed on his own thoughts that he didn’t watch how the twins has excuse themselves from the back door of the café, leaving only him and Kris alone, “Chanyeol-ah.” Kris grabs his hands. The taller one wait for a second for Chanyeol to reject him but nothing happened so he guess it’s okay.

                “Sorry won’t change anything.” Chanyeol simply say. Kris retreat his hands and keep it to himself. Chanyeol could see the devastated look Kris send to the table instead of him. His broad shoulders slump and there’s a small pout on his lips.

                “I know. It’s just I want to fix everything.”

Chanyeol scoffs loudly, “You have no chance to fix it. Who do you think you are? You broke my heart then after I tried so hard  to forget about it, you want to fix it? Tch! Some good ex fiancée you are.” He sees Kris cringes at his outburst. But Chanyeol couldn’t really care right now. He need to let out what he been holding inside his heart for five years.

Kris sipped his cappuccino to calm himself down. Chanyeol is stubborn, he knows the fact since the day one but he never thought that he will be this stubborn, “Yeol-ah, I have my reason about what I did in the past.”

                “Can we just stop this? I’m tired with you and your excuse, Kris. Just leave me alone. I’m better off without you, can’t you see?”  With that, Chanyeol stormed out from the café, leaving a guilty Kris by himself.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A red rose. That’s what appears on his office on Thursday, right when he’s about to change himself into his doctor suit. It doesn’t have the sender name but it clearly for him. Chanyeol asks the nurse on the receptionist desk about the existence of the rose but she only said that the sender doesn’t want her to tell Chanyeol about his identity.

 

A pack of fried rice kimchi with a bottle of mineral water is the one who appear on top of his tables after he’s finishes his long and tired surgery. The clock on the wall shows that it’s almost close to midnight and Chanyeol remembers that he doesn’t have any meal since lunch time. He takes a while to think about the mysterious food and the one who send it, but when his stomach literally growling, he throws away all of his suspiciousness and gobbling down the fried rice.

                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

                “You can’t say you don’t love Wufan anymore.” Chanyeol pause his hands from checking the medicine on top of Jia Heng side table. He look puzzled but the small smile on Jia Heng got him understand.

                “I loved him. Now I hate him.”

Jia Heng grimaces when Chanyeol inject the medicine into the IV on his right hand, “It’s been two weeks in hospitals and I still don’t like the medicine.” Chanyeol scoffs lightly, Jia Heng could be such an unpredictable person. One minute he talks all serious then he will turn into a comedian all funny and humorist.

                “But really, Chanyeol-ah,” He pats the empty side of his bed as a sign for Chanyeol to sit beside him,” pretend that I am not Wufan father. I’m only a common person who wants to know about your lives. Tell me, do you still be able to forgive him after all these years?”

A silence lingering in the air. Jia Heng waiting for any reaction from Chanyeol; a confirmation for the future for both of them. That if Chanyeol still have any space for Wufan after all.

                “He can’t just come and trying to fix everything. It’s him who proposed and left me on our wedding day. And it’s me and I alone that had to struggle through everything!” Suddenly, an outburst of tears surprise Jia Heng. He didn’t expect Chanyeol to cry. For these past few weeks, the latter had giving him an impression that everything had been alright and Chanyeol had survived from the past. Apparently he’s wrong. Chanyeol just need a right person to let out all his negative emotion he’d been kept.

He softly grab Chanyeol shaky hands and hold it gently,” I hate him! But why I can’t forget him? Please tell me why?!” The sight of crying Chanyeol makes Jia Heng heart wrenches in pain and sadness. Chanyeol is a bubbly and lively person, a smile is the key to make his face become more handsome and a tear is not goes well with his personality. Jia Heng feels the tight grip on his wrinkled hands; it hurts knowing that the younger has more power than him but he replaces the thought with the pain Chanyeol had been holding. He sighs, Wufan sure know how to break someone heart.

A long arm comes out of nowhere suddenly embrace the crying doctor from behind. Jia Heng trails his eyes and catches a tearful face of his oldest son, Kris Wufan. Clad in his casual red plaid shirt (which he known as the birthday gift from Chanyeol and Kris couldn’t stop bragging about it), Kris tightly embrace Chanyeol and kiss the top of his head.

A soft muttering of “I’m sorry” and “Please forgive me” comes out from Kris and Jia Heng couldn’t help but to feel awe at the sight of his son apologizing. Since he was a child, Kris is a child with a pride and apologize to someone is not his forte. He secretly smiles at this sight.

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He knows and familiar with this warm; a cold yet relaxing kind of embrace that Kris always use when he’s in bad mood or just sad out of nowhere. An after five years, he feel this warm again. Chanyeol wants to fight it, he wants to let go those warmth and embracing himself. He’s been doing that for five years; soaked in tears and calming himself down just for the sake of his pain. But those warmth seems won’t have any intention to letting him go instead it just keep pulling him closer and closer until it wrapped around him completely.

                “Stay… Don’t leave me again.” His mind protesting loudly but his heart takes control of his words. The next thing Chanyeol knows is a pair of soft lips landed on top of his head along with a small mutter of “I won’t. I will stay. I promise."

                                                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: Here's the sequel guys~~~~~!!!!! And a happy ending just like I promise (I don't know if the last scene is consider as happy ending but on my dictionary, it is...kkkkkkk~~). Thank you for everyone who has read and subscribe... U still are the best!!!! XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD~~~~~