Chapter II

Depths of Love

I must have dozed off because Kyungsoo was shaking me awake. My eyes didn't want to open, but when they did, I realized it was late in the day and my back hurt from too much sun.

"Luhan, we're going home." Kyungsoo said.

"Okay, I'll be on my way soon." I told him.

I watched them as they swam away, waiting until I couldn't see them anymore. They were great friends, but I wanted time alone as well. Unfortunately, my personal time was disrupted by Krystal, who snuck up on me again.

"Luhan, you never stopped by today. Did you forget about me?" She asked with a pout.

"Sorry. I took a little nap and I just woke up." I said.

"Well, since your friends aren't here, we can hang out, right?"

"I guess." I said.

She crawled up on the rock next to me and put her head on my shoulder. I didn't like it, but I couldn't do anything about it. We sat together in silence for a while, until we could hear a motor boat coming toward us.

"Luhan, we gotta go!" Krystal said in fear.

I could see the motorboat coming toward us, closer and closer, yet I couldn't move. I wanted to see who was in it, yet I didn't want to be fish food for someone. Krystal pulled me into the water by my arm just as it pulled up by the rocks.

"Is someone there?" A voice asked.

Krystal looked terrified, and ducked under the water to swim home. I was still behind the rock, too stunned to move.

"Hello?"

I could see a light shining on the water as the human looked for a sign of someone. Now was my chance. I kept half of my body under water, but moved away from the rock.

"Hi." I said.

"Oh, there you are. It's getting dark, so I'd suggest swimming up to shore. I can give you a lift if you need it." A guy said.

He was the only one on the small boat, and surprisingly handsome. He looked around my age as well.

"I can swim, thanks. What is your name?" I asked.

"Sehun. I patrol the waters before night, so don't be afraid to flag me down if you need me." He said.

He nodded at me before driving away. I watched until he was out of sight and then swam toward home. Kai and Kyungsoo would never believe what happened. Back in town, Krystal caught up to me.

"There you are! What happened?" She asked.

"I talked to a guy." I confessed.

"You what!?" She shrieked.

"Keep your voice down." I hushed her.

"You're going to be in so much trouble if anyone finds out!" She said.

"But no one is going to find out." I said.

"Unless I tell them." She came back.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I could." She hummed.

"Well then I guess I won't kiss you." I shrugged.

She stopped in her tracks with open. I kept moving, so she had to catch back up.

"Wait, Luhan! If that’s the case then I won't tell anyone..." She said.

What a dumb thing to say, I realized. Now I had to kiss her. It was a good excuse though. I quickly kissed her and she squealed before swimming away. What a weirdo. I found Kai and Kyungsoo at a snack shack and swam up behind them.

"Hey, we gotta talk." I said.

"Where have you been?" Kai asked.

"Come on, I'll tell you." I said smiling.

We went on the edge of the town and I told them everything. They had shocked expressions on their faces as I told them.

"Wait, so let me get something straight." Kai said when I was done.

"What?" I asked.

"You finally found a guy that you like?" He asked.

"We'll I only met him once, and for a minute. I can't say I like him when I don't even know him." I said.

"You know his name." Kyungsoo stated.

Kai laughed as I turned a little pink. Maybe he was right. I might have finally found someone I liked. It was only forbidden love. Perfect.

"I'm probably never going to see him again though." I said glumly.

"Don't say that. You told us he said he patrols the waters before night, so go meet him tomorrow!" Kai said.

"I dunno, I'm a bit scared. Don't you think it'd be weird if I waited for him, though?"

"We'll come with you!" Kyungsoo said. "I want to see what he looks like!"

Kai nodded his head in agreement. I loved how they were so supportive. We agreed to meet at the snack shack just before dusk the next day so we can swim back up to the rocks.

When I got home, mom noticed my change of mood and stopped me.

"Why are you so happy?" She asked.

"Can't I be happy?" I asked in return.

"Well, yes. It's just unusual for me to see you so happy, so randomly."

I had nothing else to say to her, so I smiled before heading to my room. Before I laid down, I could see her smiling to herself, and that made me happy. Maybe I'd wake up for school tomorrow. Maybe.