Chapter Six

The Ulzzang Next Door

You were sitting cross-legged on Bella’s bed that evening as you looked over at her putting her clothes in her huge bag. She took out a lot of clothes and put them in the bag, and you could see her happy smile as she did so. Bella was going to go back to her parent’s house today for Christmas in a few days. You sighed, annoyed at the thought of being alone. Bella then finished packing her bag and heard you sigh, quickly shooting you a questionable look.

“Bella… are you not going to come back here again? What’s with the huge number of clothes?!” you joked.
Bella giggled, “I’m really excited, honestly!”.
“Are you going to leave me here for the whole week…?” you then asked with a serious look.
“Well, you can follow me if you want. Or why don’t you just go home?” she suggested.
You shook your head, refusing to answer.

Although you have been living with Bella for a month already, none of your family members had actually called you nor asked about your whereabouts. It was as if they don’t care about you at all. You were really hurt.

Knowing that you won’t reply her, Bella looked into the mirror and adjusted her coat before dragging her bag outside of the room, and you lazily followed her. As she opened the front door and let the cold air in, she turned around to say her goodbye.

“Take care okay, Nadi-ah. I’m really worried about you though.” Bella said, frowning.
“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine! I might go back to Chuncheon tomorrow, who knows?” you assured her with a smile.
“Fine. But promise me to call if there’s anything, okay?” she said, and you simply nodded. The two of you hugged for a while before Bella finally let go.
“Hey, it’s Jaehyo’s birthday today right?” you asked, and she smirked.
“You remember huh? Too bad you didn’t prepare anything for him… All you did today was sleep and watched TV…”
You sighed. “I didn’t really know what to make for him. Now I feel guilty. He was really hoping for something though...”
“Then what are you planning to do?”
“It’s okay, I’ll think of something.”

You then waved Bella goodbye, before closing the front door. As Bella walked through the hallway, the door of the guys opened and came out Jihoon. Both him and Bella stopped in surprise, before smiling at each other. The others then came out and were surprised too. They were all literally standing at the hallway.

 “Bella, are you going back too?” Taeil asked, and she nodded.
“Yup, but Nadi’s not. She’s still at home.” She answered, glancing back.
“Nadi’s at home now? Really?” Jaehyo suddenly came out and asked.
Bella nodded again. “Yes yes. Oh happy birthday, Jaehyo!”
“Ah, thank you. Be careful on your way home!” Jaehyo said, and she answered with a nod.
“Seriously hyung, make up your mind! Are you going home or not?” Zico asked Jaehyo, frowning.
“I don’t think I’m going home now… Maybe later?” he answered, and that made Zico frown more.
“So you’re going to stay at home tonight with me?” Minhyuk’s voice was heard from inside.

Not wanting to wait anymore, Zico then started leaving and the others followed. Bella eventually had to follow them from behind as she waved at Jaehyo.

“Is it okay to leave those two together?” Jihoon asked worriedly as everyone waited for the elevator.
“Don’t worry Jihoon-ah, they’ll be fine.” Taeil assured, and Bella couldn’t help but ask.
“What are you guys talking about?” she bluntly asked, before feeling rather embarrassed.
“It’s nothing Bella-ah,” Kyung said, “it’s a guy’s thing”.
Sensing the tensed atmosphere, Bella shrugged it off and gave them another smile instead.

Back in your apartment, you were wandering aimlessly in the living room with the TV , which you don’t even pay attention to. You then went to the kitchen and opened the fridge, sighing at how empty it was. The main reason why you didn’t even bake a cake for Jaehyo was because of the lack of ingredients. The last time you bought the stuff were from Hyunnie’s own bakery, and you used pretty much everything to make the last cake which was given to Minhyuk. Hyunnie’s bakery would be closed this whole week, and there’s no way you’ll get any ingredients this way.

You closed the fridge and went into your room, flopping on the bed. Suddenly your phone buzzed, signalling a message had been received. After unlocking your phone, you read the sender’s name. It was from Bella, and she was happily telling you that Jaehyo still hasn’t left for his hometown yet. Even with this, it’s already 10pm and you don’t even know what to do. You groaned, thinking that this was both good news and a bad news. Rolling around your bed out of frustration, an idea suddenly came out of nowhere, and you quickly rolled out of bed.

You put on a pair of jeans and wore a comfortable cloth together with a rather comfy hoodie. Putting in your phone and your money in your pocket, you went out of the door and locked it before walking through the hallway. You’re planning to go to the convenience store and see what you could find. As you passed by the guys’ door, you walked slowly in order to not let anyone heard your footsteps.

Leaving the apartment area, you walked through the dark pathway as you tried to remember the way you used to walk with the guys. It was really dark, since the lights on the sidewalks were still off and weren’t fixed yet. It was scary somehow, but you walked quickly because it was really cold. Passing by the restaurant you went to before, you finally arrived in front of the 24-hour convenience store.

The cold air inside greeted you as you came in, along with the friendly female cashier. You smiled at her and began to make your way inside. Scanning through some items, you were starting to lose hope. Nothing looked like a good birthday gift. Just as you went at the back of the said store along the frozen food area, your eyes widen seeing a glass display rack. There, stood prettily, were rows of cute cupcakes. Your eyes sparkled as you hurriedly went to look at them one by one, admiring its cuteness and how creative it was made.

Not long after, another friendly clerk came and greeted you. You looked at her, before bombarding her with questions of the choices of flavours and decorations. She was nice enough to answer you nicely, and she even suggested you on the choices of cupcakes. You were mentally face-palming yourself for being dumb about these cuties although you’re working at a bakery. In the end, you bought six decorated cupcakes, since Jaehyo’s name has six letters in it. It was nicely placed in a box, decorated with a little cute ribbon. You thanked the clerk and the cashier before making your way out, walking rather gleefully.

With the plastic bag containing the box of cupcakes in your hand, you were now relieved. Although it was getting colder and darker, you were walking at a normal pace now since you thought that everything was settled. You were humming to yourself, when you heard another pair of footsteps behind you. You stopped walking and your eyes widen, your heart began to thump quickly.

Gulping, you glanced back. Not far from you was a guy who was like five metres behind you, with a cap covering his face. Your breath hitched as you looked back in the front, beginning to walk rather quickly. You heard that his footsteps were getting quicker too, and your heart was thumping so fast it could burst. You clenched the plastic bag in your hand and bit your bottom lip, praying that everything would be okay.

As you saw that you were getting near to your apartment area, you quickened your footsteps more than ever before sprinting quickly into the parking lot, making your way to reach the elevator. You could hear that he was running behind you, but you refuse to look back.

You were getting near to the elevator when there was a ‘ding’ sound, and came out someone from it. Without thinking or looking at who it was, you quickly went to the person and pushed him back into the elevator before pressing the close button repeatedly. When the door was finally closed, you let out a sigh before your knees felt weak, and you fell to the floor. The person went to kneel in front of you and held your shoulders, before calling out for your name.

“Nadi? What happened?!” he asked, and you slowly looked up at him.

Your eyes were blurry as your cheeks were wet with your tears. You tried to look up at him, and before long, you realized that it was Jaehyo. Not saying anything further, you leaped to him and hugged him, crying on his clothed chest. He was taken aback and in shock, but he knew you couldn’t talk right now. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer, cradling you in his arms. The plastic bag was still in your left hand, though the content had probably been ruined.

The elevator then arrived at a floor, and the doors opened. A gasp came out from the guy outside, and he was truly clueless of what was in front of him. It was Minhyuk, and all he saw was you hugging Jaehyo in the elevator on the floor, crying hardly as you could. Minhyuk went in and tapped Jaehyo’s shoulder and gave him a questionable look, but Jaehyo just shrugged.

To be continued...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Hello guys! It's been a while omg. Sorry for the late update, I'm starting to be busy with school ;;; Although it's kinda late, happy new year guys! May 2014 be a good year for all of us and good luck for everything! It's just the start of the year, so let's all greet everyday with a smile okay? ^^

Since everyone's starting to get busy, I hope you understand that I'll be late on updates too. But don't worry, usually my fics don't always take like a month to be updated lol unless I have exams... which I'll tell you guys in advance so don't worry okay!

I know this chapter dated back during Jaehyo's birthday but I hope you guys are fine with it hehe. I already started on the next chapter, so expect an update in a few days hehehe.

I think that's all. Thank you for reading, subscribing and even commenting!! See ya guys in the next chapter, bye~

p.s: follow me on tumblr! i followback 90% of the time lol