One-shot

A Little Magic

 

“Yama-chan!”

 

Someone called him from behind. He looks back and sees Yuto coming to his way with a questioned look in his face.

 

“Why in a hurry, huh?” Yuto noticed.

 

Ryosuke slightly looks away and a smile curves to his lips. It made Yuto raised an eyebrow.

 

“I’m going to fetch someone…” Ryosuke suddenly uttered.

 

He started to leave when Yuto didn’t utter any response. Yuto was left in curiosity, watching him leaving.

***************************************************************************************

It’s been 2 years since Sachiko, her girlfriend, left Tokyo to take care of her grandmother in Hokkaido. Long distance relationship was been hard for them, since Ryosuke is not an ordinary person who can have a free time to chit chat even just on a phone. He’s a member of a popular group in Japan named Hey! Say! JUMP. Even the time Sachiko was still in Tokyo, they can’t get a time to be together often. That’s why it was a big regret for Ryosuke to let Sachiko leave and go more far away from him. But the words that Sachiko left for him made him strong and conquer the times she’s not with him.

 

Ryosuke stops for a moment and welcomes the cold breeze, lingering to him. Then he continues to walk, heading through the station, where he will fetch Sachiko for her vacation in Tokyo. Last week, he just received a message from her that she will pay a visit in Tokyo on Christmas. And it really made him happy and excited.

 

As he thinks of it… it makes him more excited that he runs fast, expecting that his girl is waiting for him while sitting on a bench and will welcome him with her most beautiful smile. He stops, catching his breath. He’s now at the station. The bench that he’s expecting someone is sitting… is only a one cold vacant bench. Suddenly, he feels disappointed yet tries to recover, thinking that she’s only late and he’s too early for the train’s arrival. He took a sit on that cold vacant bench and looks around, seeing people on their own business. He let a sigh.

 

--Yama-chan! Aieeeeruuuyooo—

 

He became move, hearing his phone’s message tone. Its Sachiko’s voice… his message tone was Sachiko’s voice. He felt a tickle when he heard her voice and gets his phone in delight. The message is from Sachiko too. He clicks the enter to read it… expecting that she will just inform him that she’s now already arrive or let’s meet to this place or…

 

His exciting thoughts were stopped while reading her message.

(Yama-chan… gomen ne. I can’t make it tonight because of a sudden emergency here. I’m sorry… always missing you… I love you – Sachiko)

 

He feels weak as he closes his phone and puts it again on his pocket. He looks around… seeing that she doesn’t really arrive. He stands up from a sit in weak and a cold breeze lingers to him again… this time that wind made him really cold. Really cold that he can’t even walk and leave that place. But he manages to walk, eyes are in dull.

 

He feels really lonely as he walks to the streets of Tokyo, seeing colorful lights on the streets. He remembers the time he first met Sachiko. It was a one cold snowy night too… and he felt really down too when a girl appeared in front of him.

 

“I’m not used to see you in frown… usually Yamada-kun always smile.” she started.

He just looks at her with no idea. “Hayaku! Waratte! (Hurry! Smile!)” she exclaimed.

He became move and was amazed by her. Usually fan girls will scream his name but this girl just approached her to be not sad anymore… this girl see the real him without thinking first that he’s a popular person who must be praise.

 

He stops for a moment. He’s now in an overpass, watching vehicles running down the streets. A snow fell in his hand and made him looks up. It’s now snowing. He closes his eyes, feeling its cold. His phone rings. Someone is calling. He picks it up and answers it.

 

BOLD – Ryosuke

Italic – Sachiko

 

“Moshi,Moshi?”

“Yama-chan?”

“Sachi?”

“Hai. Gomen ne ~”

He became stop, realizing that it’s really her. It’s been weeks since he didn’t heard her voice again. It made him in teary.

 

“Yama-chan?”

 

He felt awakened. “Hai?”

 

“Anou… gomen ne~ I can’t leave Grandma because of the sudden fall of the snow… I’m worried that it might give her a cold, and it’s not good in her condition.”

 

“Uhmm… iie. You should take care of her ne. Don’t leave her side and make her in warm always…”

 

“Hai. Arigatou…”

 

Silence came. The fall of the snow still make Ryosuke in cold. He was about to speak.

 

“Ne, Yama-chan…”

 

When Sachiko started on the other line. “Hai?”

“I miss you…”

 

Ryosuke was stopped from what she uttered. Somehow the breathe on that words lingers to his ear that made him drop a tear.

“I miss you more… I really do miss you Sachi and I want to see you badly.” Tears continuously fall from him.

 

He heard her took a sob from the other line. “Ne, you know what… since, we’ve been apart for these past two years. I have gathered all the words that I’ve always want to tell you… almost every day, thinking of you I have gathered all of it. So, now… I will cast a magic to send it to you.”

 

Ryosuke became confuse and stayed in silence. “Ne, yama-chan… will you close your eyes?”

He doesn’t have any idea but he did close his eyes. “And look up to the sky… where snow is falling gently in to your face.”

 

He put himself in calm and feels the gentle fall of the snow through his face, as what she said. “Ne, Yama-chan… do you really love me?”

 

“I always do…” without any thought he answered. Sachiko let a smile on the other line when she heard it.

 

“Then slowly open your eyes…”

 

Ryosuke slowly opens his eyes and observes what happened. “Yama-chan… here.”

 

He became move on what he heard, because it was Sachiko’s voice. And it seems that she’s only near. So, he slowly looks to his side. First, it’s all blur but as he looks at it closely a form of her due to the fall of the snow appears. A form of Sachiko, smiling, is appearing because of the fog due to the snow. His eyes got bigger and bigger as he looks at it.

 

“Sachi…” he uttered with tears.

“Hello…” the image form spoke, it is Sachiko’s voice.

 

In real, the one that Ryosuke is hearing is the voice of Sachiko through the phone that still on his ear. But the image that he is seeing is only his imagination… (Author’s note: I don’t know too… maybe he’s really in love with her. Hehe:P)

 

“Do you really see me,huh?”

“Yeah… it’s magic.”

 

Sachiko chuckled on the other line.

 

“No, Yama-chan… it’s true love.”

“Hai…”

 

“Ne, Yama. Even we’re apart… I’ve always thinking of you. When I am sad… just a thought of you will make me brighter. So, even if I’m not there with you… please don’t lose grip and wait for me ne. For I always here… thinking things on how to be with you forever, because I know that…both of us are always connecting through this sky. So, if you will let me feel you… or keep in touch with you. My gentle feelings will become stronger.”

 

The image of Sachiko due through the snow begins to cry. It moves Ryosuke and goes near to the image. Without any thought he holds her face and gently wipes her tears.

 

“Arigatou… I feel you. We are totally connected ne? The magic really works.”  She uttered on the other line. She was amazed too because she totally feels that someone is caressing her face.

 

“No, Sachi. It’s not magic… it’s true love.” he said and they both chuckled through the phone.

 

Then the image of her starts to fade. And the voice of her through the phone was gone. A thought that maybe she was called off by her grandma came to Ryosuke’s mind. He gently closes his phone with a smile curving to his lips and looks up, feeling the cold breeze.

 

“Ne, Sachiko Shiroyama…. I love you more than you’ll ever know. So, I will wait for you even if it takes forever… because I know to myself… that we will be each other’s FOREVER.”  He said to his thoughts.