First Fall

Feathers to Fly
 
 
6:05 A.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
The early morning light shot through the windows and onto the poor boy's eyes. He groaned, sat up, rubbed his eyes, and stared at his clock. Exactly 6:05 A.M. Youngjae woke up, brushed his teeth, got dressed, and an annoying cat noise sounded from his wrist. To his surprise, it was a pink dot that appeared with Minah's name. What a cool watch, it seemed to show a tiny map and her exact location. On the side, he could see a red and blue dot, supposedly for Miss Hyorin and Kim Lim. Why was she up this early anyway? Youngjae walked into her room and knocked on the door. 
 
No answer.
 
He knocked again.
 
"Miss Minah?"
 
No answer.
 
The meowing was annoying the life out of Youngjae. He slightly opened the door and peeked in. With an instant, a large book came flying toward his face. It smacked him hard enough that if he had a high nose bridge, it would've broke. Of course, he instinctively fell backwards and the door closed itself. Minah yelled in a high voice, "Mister Youngjae! Don't you know not to invade a woman while she's changing? You ert!"
 
What the hell?! You have got to be kidding.
 
How was it that pricky Miss Minah managed to smack him in his face two days in a row? Now she was accusing him of a crime he clearly had no intention of committing. He rubbed his face once more and noticed the book that smacked him. It was as thick as his fist, coiled up. Youngjae picked up his foot and kicked the book with his glossy shoe hard enough for the book to hit the bottom of the door. The door clicked and opened instantly. Youngjae stood up and brushed himself up only to realize the sharp pain in his foot came from the book that had been pushed back toward him. There she came, her back as bare as a pig with skin as milky as, well, a jar of milk waiting for someone to accidentally knock it over and not ever clean up the spoiled, rotten milk. But, it was a back, and Youngjae had no interest in women's bodies. Youngjae instantly turned around and closed his eyes. He calmly began to say, "Miss Mi-"
 
"Mister Youngjae you idiot! Hurry up and fasten my bra together!"
 
He opened his eyes as big as his Asian eyes could and gulped so heavily he swore he could've choked. His hand slapped onto his mouth to hold in his rejection. 
 
This girl is crazy!
 
His hands shook like crazy but he stopped himself. He inhaled deeply. With a swift turn and click he was done. Youngjae quickly turned around again to race down the stairs, but a yell stopped him. 
 
"YOU PABO! YOU FORGOT TO ZIP UP MY DRESS!"
 
And poor, innocent Yoo Youngjae silently obeyed the overly-joyed girl. After a few seconds of him staring at his shoes, Minah grabbed him by the collar and dragged him into her room— her super-girly pink room with a walk-in closet full of dresses as ugly as the Barbie Jeep Car he had once been forced to push for Lee Chaerin when they were both around 13. But just the smell of candy gave him enough goosebumps to grind pepper. She picked up another dress.
 
NO NO NO NO APPA HELP ME!!
 
She stood in front of a mirror, he stood in the corner with his head down and didn't want to look up. Finally, she spread her arms out wide. With great dignity she exclaimed, "Okay mister! my dress!"
 
 
7:59 A.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
After trying on hundreds of dresses, zipping and ping, Minah finally decided on a yellow dress that made her look like she had just taken a bath in the sunlight. He hurried down the stairs and stopped halfway. Kim Lim sat in the middle of the stairway, her hands on her lap and her eyes staring out the morning window. Her eyes, lifeless black with a gray of dying clouds, reflected everything she saw. Did she creep down there while he was being an extra pair of hands for Miss Minah? He cleared his throat.
 
"Miss Kim Lim?"
 
She replied with a glance. It scared Youngjae. 
 
"Is there something you need?"
 
She turned away and he took that as a "no." However, when he began to cook, he could feel that she was watching his every move. 
 
 
8:19 A.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
Meeeeeeeooooowwwwwwwwww.
 
He put down the pan expecting Minah but it turned out to be Hyorin. He knocked on the door and it barged open without smacking his poor, flat face. 
 
"Get in."
 
And he did so, but Miss Hyorin seemed a little ticked off so he tried his best not to make any mistakes. However, there were pieces of paper on the floor, so he tried to pick them up for her. It came too fast and too quickly for him to pull back when Hyorin smacked his face hard enough to knock the back of his head onto the steel hinges of the door. The pain seeped through his skull and he did not dare to look up.
 
"You little ! Don't you dare touch ANYTHING of mine!" 
 
He bit his lip and bowed his head in apology. 
 
"Mianhamnida."
 
"Take off your pants."
 
He held his breath.
 
"E-Exc-"
 
"Take them off. Or I will."
 
Frightened by the seriousness of her tone he slowly unbuckled his belt and slid it down.
 
"Everything."
 
And so he also pulled that down too. Why didn't little Youngjae object to the dictator? Perhaps it was his poor guts that were stowed away in the depths of his hollow and lonely body. Halfway through pulling down his high-quality pants, she yelled, "Pull it back up." So sudden. He froze and looked up at her, who looked more fierce from down there. She narrowed her eyes. "I said pull it up! Unless you want me slap you again?" She said more demandingly. He quickly pulled it up and buckled quickly. He had the nerve to ask why. Oh there his guts went!
 
"Because I've seen bigger."
 
 
8:32 A.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
As he left the room that morning, there was one thing he engraved into his mind.
 
I hate her. I hate her!
 
However, his hate died down when he smelled eggs. 
 
Did I leave the stove on?
 
He peeked over the wall and stared into the kitchen. There was little Kim Lim, cooking the rest of the eggs Youngjae hadn't gotten to. Something funny, though, because she glanced at her phone and then back at the stove degrees over and over. A grin creeped onto Youngjae's face.
 
How cute.
 
He walked over, and she had been so distracted that when he scrambled the eggs she worked on, the girl jumped. He smiled without looking at her.
 
"You do know, that they won't be scrambled unless you mix them around? Or do you expect them to scramble themselves? Ah. You can't cook, now can you?"
 
Kim Lim turned around and walked up the stairs. Youngjae stood there cooking quietly— silently. He listened to her quiet footsteps until the quick shut of the door. The utter silence that blunted out the sizzling afterwards haunted him. Dark clouds of guilt swirled around his head. He suddenly wished he hadn't said that.
 
 
10:47 A.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
Miss Hyorin left for the mall in her car, Minah had gone shopping with her chingus elsewhere. Only Youngjae and Kim Lim remained in the mansion, however; he hadn't seen her since the morning when she rushed into her room. He had already eaten his breakfast and worried that he had embarrassed her or something. Surely, she would have to emerge from her room to eat.
 
 
9:03 P.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
The rest of the day was full of cleaning already cleaned places and waiting for a quiet girl to just crack open her door and at least get something to eat. Night fell and Hyorin simply slipped into her room. She didn't look at Youngjae and ignored his pure existence, although he believed that with her new heels, she scraped the floor purposely. Minah also came home with loads of bags for Youngjae to carry up.
 
The spoiled brat. 
 
 
11:37 P.M. — February 3rd, 2013
 
 
Yoo Youngjae lied in bed that night, thinking about all the things that have happened today. And although his appa would never answer back, he found himself talking to the air, addressing it as appa, and then later falling asleep before finishing.
 
 
6:05 A.M. — February 4th, 2013
 
 
The early morning light shot through the windows and onto the poor boy's eyes. He groaned, sat up, rubbed his eyes, and stared at his clock. Exactly 6:05 A.M. Youngjae woke up, brushed his teeth, got dressed, and headed down the stairs with a cloud of relief over his head.
 
Thank you God. Please let them sleep forever.
 
The smell of fresh eggs filled his nostrils once more and he peeked over the wall again to Kim Lim scrambling the eggs, but also flipping ham. Youngjae chuckled and cautiously walked over. At the step of his glossy shoes she flinched, but he had put his hands up in the air beforehand. 
 
"I just want to help."
 
She stood back as he took the pan in his hands.
 
"Want to see a trick?"
 
She blinked at him expressionlessly. 
 
"Alright then..."
 
He flipped the ham, feeling like a pro. Not-so-little-but-still-little Kim Lim stared at the ham— perfectly cooked. She then resorted back to the table and ate the horribly done food she made herself. And the morning went like that, with Kim Lim eating slowly as ever and Yoo Youngjae making a gigantic breakfast because he knew Minah would eat more than 2 plates.
 
 
11:23 A.M. — February 4th, 2013
 
 
Youngjae had sat down and eaten his own breakfast— right across from Kim Lim. They didn't speak to each other at all. By the time Hyorin and Minah filed lazily down the stairs at their own turtle-like pace the food was cold as ever. However, Minah ate like usual. After a few bites, Hyorin dropped her fork and spat the eggs onto the plate
 
"Yoo Youngjae."
 
.
 
"What the hell is this?"
 
She slammed her hand on the area beside the plate. He stared, and noticed that half of the eggs on her plate were... the ones Kim Lim tried to make.
 
"I found an eggshell. Are you trying to kill me?!"
 
"No, Miss Hyorin."
 
"SHUT THE UP!"
 
As soon as she picked up her plate, Youngjae squinted his eyes and feared the worst. And so the worst came, for Hyorin threw the plate at his head. They were both now standing. Youngjae could feel the sticky liquid dripping down his head, and he knew too well that the egg yolk wasn't the only liquid dripping. He stared down. 
 
"You ing bastard. If you keep messing up, then I swear I will kill you! KILL YOU!"
 
Her words were so loud that Minah looked up from her plate, shrinking back at the ferocity of her distant cousin's words. Taking the plate with her, Minah excused herself from the table and headed into her room. Hyorin left the table and grabbed the keys. Obviously she wasn't going to come back until nightfall. With this, he decided to clean up the mess— including himself. He could tell, that Kim Lim was feeling guilty, because she didn't even touch her plate anymore. He stood up after cleaning the floor. His hair was still a mess, but blood and eggs weren't that bad compared to the beatings he got years ago.
 
"Hey K-... Miss Kim Lim.. don't starve yourself."
 
He then left the clean floor and headed into his small room to change. She watched him until he shut his door. 
 
 
12:03 P.M. — February 4th, 2013
 
 
Something lightly hit his door. Youngjae opened it, finding an emergency kit. 
 
Kim Lim.
 
He smiled and picked it up.
 
"Ah, Gomawow Miss Ki-"
 
He looked up. She wasn't there.
 
 
 
2:01 P.M. — February 4th, 2013
 
 
Mrooooowwwwwwwww.
 
He walked to the front door to find Minah, exactly like the watch said.
 
Too bad such a highly-developed device had such a stupid purpose.
 
"Alright! I'm going golfing! You're coming! Now drive me, mister."
 
 
2:26 P.M. — February 4th, 2013
 
 
The field was gigantic. Youngjae swore it was as big as Seoul, but then again he didn't go around very much. Then something in his body tingled.
 
! Not now!
 
Minah began to pathetically whack the golfball and began laughing at her fails with Hyeri and Sojin, her chingus. Hyeri managed to catch Youngjae's glance. She winked at him and then whispered something to Minah, but he completely ignored her. What he needed to empty his impatient bladder. Sojin began to drink her water bottle and he flinched.
 
"Miss Minah?"
 
"Nehhhhhhhhhhhh?" She answered cutely, well, not cutely to him. He found her highly annoying. He bit his bottom lip. Where was he going to find a bathroom anyway? "May I please excuse myself for 10 minutes?" He asked without giving any hints. 
 
"10 minutes too long!"
 
"F-Five?"
 
"Just do it when we get home."
 
My bladder can't wait till we get home, you ignorant princess!
 
As they walked closer to the fallen golfball, there just happened to be a pond— full of glorious, streaming, fresh water. 
 
That's it! I can't!
 
The moment Hyeri made a failed hit, he ran toward a bush and emptied it there. If anyone else was that field, they surely got a good look at Yoo Youngjae, but as long as he would never see them, he didn't care.