Tokyo, Japan

We found love around the world

 

 

Tokyo; her wish


 

I paced back and forth in front of the living room. I can’t calm myself, can’t keep still, can’t feel relieved. Who would? After what I heard— Jiyeon is in the hospital after she collapsed in the train station. It was a good thing a good Samaritan took her to the hospital, not a erted drunk who’ll take advantage of her.

I bit my nails, switching channels and tapping my phone for new messages—nothing. I grunted. What’s happening to her? Did she woke up yet? Is she okay? I want to know. I need to. I fisted my hair and sat on the couch angrily. Worrying kills me. If only I can fly and go to Japan as soon as I can, I would.

Brizz-brizz …

My phone rang! I opened it quickly as possible and saw a text message from Mrs. Park, Jiyeon’s mom.

From; Mrs. Park ( jiyeon’s mom )
10;41 a.m. – Today
Myungsoo, Jiyeon’s in the hospital  now. I contacted her doctor, he said Jiyeon was still asleep until now. We don’t have anymore information rather than that.

I clenched my fist and bit my lip hard. I can’t just stay here and do nothing. What if this is serious? I can’t afford losing her. The thought of it makes my eyes water.

I ran out of the house, grabbing my coat and phone and I drove to the Park Enterprise in a crazily insane speed.

 

I walked straightly to Mr. Park’s office, ignoring his secretary who keeps on following me and nagging about how rude I am, I don’t care. I ignore her. My hand twisted the cold knob of one of the two doors to his office, I could see the surprise on his and his friend’s face when they saw me walk in. Actually, the friend he was talking to was my dad. Must be having a business appointment.

“Myungsoo, you’re not allowed here.” My dad growled at me. I ignored him.

“jiyeon’s in the hospital, how could you afford to just sit there?” I spoke loudly towards Mr. Park. He doesn’t seem worried at all.

“Myungsoo, she’s well taken care of. She just collapsed—“

“Just collapsed?! Do you think it’s normal? Who will take care of her there? She’s alone in Tokyo!”

They both looked at me as if I’m crazy. “Her doctor said she’ll wake up soon. You should calm yourself, young man.” My dad seemed really angry at me right now.

“Okay, fine.” I said in the same voice and walked my way to the door, slamming it shut. At that exact moment, I saw Mrs. Park running towards the me, or more likely the office. But she stopped in front of me with watery eyes. Why?

“M-myungsoo..” her voice was like shattering into pieces as tears fell from her eyes. I began to feel weak too, my mind tells me that something bad just happened.

“J-jiyeon..s-she..” she cried more, but I could see that she was trying to hide it.

“W-what is it..?” now I’m stuttering too. Sht.

“Jiyeon’s vision… i-it’s nearly gone.”

 

I quickly booked a flight to Japan and the next one is tomorrow at 3 a.m. I don’t care what my father will say anymore. I used my own money to buy that damned plane ticket. Ugh, now I’m becoming a cursing machine. I just can’t help myself.

But then, the thought of seeing Jiyeon nearly blind, can I take it? Will I cry? I know I shouldn’t, I need to be strong for her. But it breaks me. We were supposed to make our dreams come true together.

We both have individual dreams; for her to become a designer and for me to be a photographer. But we have this dream together, the dream we thought of reaching together; to travel the world.

But can we still make that dream come true?

 

As soon as I landed on Japan, I didn’t think of my hungriness, tiredness and stress anymore. All I can think about was Jiyeon. So I directly went to the hospital she was admitted in.

I asked the room Jiyeon was in. It was room 326. I made my way there and arrived seeing two girls, each on the bed’s side. They didn’t look like nurses, but they looked harmless. But, where’s Jiyeon?

The short one turned her head to her companion, the other shooked her head, then she turned back again to me. “Who are you?” she spoke in perfect Korean.

“Aish! He might not understand you!” said the other one while she hit her arm lightly.

“Actually, I do.”

They looked over to me again. “I’m Myungsoo, Jiyeon’s boyfriend.” Both of them looked shocked.

“So, you’re Kim Myungsoo, eh?” said the taller one.

“Yeah. Where’s Jiyeon?”

“She hasn’t arrived since—“ the shorter one was cut off, unsure of what to say.

“Since, what?”

“Since she woke up.” The taller one informed. “She woke up screaming that she can’t see anything. The doctors took her somewhere to do a test on her eyes.”

I suddenly became mute. It was hard for me to speak, but I managed to blurt out a couple of words, “W-when will she a-arrive?”

“We’re not sure.”

I sighed and dropped my backpack on the couch next to a plastic bag of food. These girls must have been taking care of Jiyeon, but I still don’t know who they are. She hasn’t informed me any friends besides Sunyoung and Jihyun which are in Korea right now.

“Oh,” said the shorter girl as she made her way near me and bowed “I’m Jeon Boram. Jiyeon’s friend.”

“I’m Eunjung.”

Comparing these two girls, I’d say that Boram is more respectful than Eunjung. “So, since you’re Jiyeon’s friend, has she been busy lately?”

They both nodded their heads. “She’s been very busy. We haven’t even got the chance to hang out anymore—but we do understand that. I never knew it would be this serious, maybe because of too much stress and lack of sleep.”  Boram said.

“Mhm,”  I sat down, putting my elbows on my knees and my chin on my hand. I’ll just wait until the doctors come back again with, good news—hopefully.

 

Hours and hours and hours had passed, still no news and Jiyeon’s still not here. I sighed. Maybe I should take a couple of minutes of good sleep.

 

I was waken up by a nightmare …a nightmare of Jiyeon, dying. I shook the thought off my head and stood up to scan the room. The girls weren’t here, but they left their stuff. I grabbed my bottled water and drank it down to the bottom. I looked at my wrist watch, 6:26 p.m. How long have I been asleep? But Jiyeon’s still not here.

I decided to go out to get some fresh air. But I saw Boram making her way back to the room, she ran towards me and said, “Jiyeon’s in the garden with Eunjung. Please..please talk to her now. She won’t talk to us.” A tear dropped on from her eyes.

“H-hey, are you okay? What happened to her?” she shooked her head and ran past me.  I quickly made my way to the garden. I imagined all of the possible conclusions of what happened to Jiyeon. , all weren’t good.

I saw Eunjung talking to her, but her sight wasn’t focused on her, it was towards the view of the sunset. I neared them, Eunjung stood up from her seat and tried to smile towards me, I can’t see if it was a fake one or a sincere one.

I sat down to were Eunjung formerly seated but even though I’m close to Jiyeon, she still wasn’t looking at me.

“J-jiyeon..” I held her hand. I could see that she was surprised, but her sight was still focused far away. I began to tear up. No…no..this can’t be.

“M-myungsoo…” a tear rolled down her eyes. She tightened the grip on my hand. I quietly cried, I tried to hide the sound of my breathing for her not to notice, it was hard. The pain in my chest was stabbing me.

“I-I can s-see you..” slowly her hand cupped my cheeks. “I-it’s j-just blurry..okay? I-I’m not blind.” She tried to smile, and slowly her eyes were on me now. She’s not blind..stop crying.

I pecked her forehead and hugged her close to me. She wasn’t blind. She can still see me.

“M-myungsoo..” I turned to her. “Let’s make our dream come true now.” I gulped.

“I want to spend my time with you,” she looked right into my eyes.

“Let’s travel the world.”

 

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE 
BloodyPrincess; Merry Christmas! OTL. Sorry for late updates. I'm a lazy author. ;U; and this is where it'll begin. ohohoho /shot