final.

A Bicycle for Two

“Hey Krystal let’s go home.”

Kai taps Krystal’s right shoulder making the girl a little bit startle but then she forms a smile on her face and nods.
Krystal has always like Kai as more than a friend for quite a while now but she’s not sure if Kai feels the same way too.
They both are pretty much growing up together. They lived on the same block and always go to the same school since elementary.

“You good?”

Kai asks her as he starts to roll the bicycle’s pedals. Krystal answers it with a small hum as she tightens her grip on Kai’s shoulder bag.

 

 

“I told my Dad to replace this bike with motorcycle once we enter high school.”

Being the talkative one in their friendship, Kai starts to build up a conversation the minute they leave the school’s area.

“Speaking of high school, which high school will you go to?”

Ten seconds has passed and Kai still hasn’t received his answer yet, so he slightly turns his head to Krystal at the back.

“Hey, look at the road ahead.”

Krystal slaps Kai’s back lightly and Kai chuckles to that before he turns his head facing the road.

“You really need to start answering people's questions, especially mine faster Krystal.”

“It’s not like that, I just – still haven’t decided yet.”

“Then tell me when you’ve decided it, okay? I have already decided mine but it will be more fun if we go to the same school you know.”

Kai roll his pedals faster this time and he didn’t notice how red Krystal’s cheeks are now because of his sentence earlier.

 

 

She didn’t know when her feelings for him has grown into love like this but it’s okay to say that Kai is her first love.
Her parents were actually the ones that requested Kai to take care of her at school, always drive her there and go home together years ago.
Krystal actually felt very strange about it at first because she didn’t really like Kai that much. He’s loud and always went home with dirty soccer shoes and stupid grin on his face.

In their sixth’s grade though, Kai was successfully protected Krystal from the bullies and that was the first time she noticed how Kai’s shoes were not so dirty and his stupid grin wasn’t that stupid anymore. And oh she noticed how Kai has grown taller that time.

Junior high came in and Krystal was actually glad that Kai and her went to the same school.
Krystal joined the art club in the first grade and always went home late but she would also always found Kai outside the school’s building with his big blue bicycle, waiting for her. That’s’ when she noticed how good looking Kai was in the their shcool's uniform and how his smile was no longer stupid instead it was a charming one. And oh she noticed how Kai has grown taller than the last time.

When it was only months away to the big test in second year, Krystal made sure to teach some math to Kai because he just at it, very badly. They studied at Kai’s home that time and Kai was more than happy to learn from Krystal. That was when she noticed how funny Kai’s jokes were (she found it odd because she remembered, Baekhyun from class 2-C always said that Kai’s jokes were unfunny and lame) and how long Kai’s eyelashes were when he took a short nap between the lesson. And oh she noticed how her heartbeat was beating in a weird rhythm that time.

It took Krystal a month after to realize that she fell for him, fell for him hard, when Kai hugged her excitedly for the first time and thanked her, saying it was her that made him advanced to the next level like that. Kai didn’t know that Krystal’s heart was not feeling well that time even though she took the first place of all the other students for the test and that was all because of him.

 

 

She closed her eyes, trying to enjoy the summer breeze that tickles her face features lightly. She enjoys the chill feeling of it and also how her ears are spoiled with Kai’s hum about some K.Will’s song that she heard the other day on the radio. She slowly opens her eyes and sighs a little.

 

She suddenly scares of her feelings.

Of how her feelings will change things between them.

Of how Kai probably just think of her as nothing but a friend that goes home the same way as him.

Of how her presence to him probably is nothing  more special than the chill summer breeze.

Of how her feelings will never pass his back and would always stay in the back of the bicycle.

 

She sighs again and naturally places her head on Kai’s back, feels a little heavy.

“Are you okay Krystal?”

Kai asks with a concern tone but like always Krystal answers it with a small hum.

“Well it’s only a couple of turn before us reaching your home, hang in there.”

Kai turns his head to the back a little, make sure Krystal gets his smile and oh how Krystal would like to tell Kai to slow down the pedals and spend a little more time with her but then she sees how her shadow blends together with his shadow and that’s when she realized that it’s too late already.

She smiles ironically to that and she think to herself that it is okay. She’s happy, being carried by Kai with his bicycle every day like this, being asked to wait for him if he had extra classes, being worried if she skip her meals like yesterday and every single thing that include his name, his thoughts, his presence, his everything in it. Not completely, totally happy but she thinks that her feelings are stupid and their friendship is too much, too precious to risk for. She's okay with her feelings stay at the back of the bike and how Kai probably wouldn't get to know all her true feelings,

Because by just being with Kai, being with him like this, Krystal is already satisfied.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N : wow it's done lol the ending was kinda absurd bcs well it was just so weird but yeah.

i just really like the song bcs it's so sad yet the melody is so cacthy and happy haha
i like this lyric the most "maybe for you i'm nothing but a classmate that her home is the same way as you.
a presence that's nothing more than a wind"

gosh. that was deep. a hit on the heart lol.

please do comment! because i love reading them :3 and oh i'm so sorry for the grammar errors

 

ask me!