Promise

Promise

“Thanks for the good work!”

“Thanks for the good work!”

The six boys bowed and thanked every staff, managers and Kim ShinYoung-Noona who helped them with the MCs today. It was their 3rd Fanmeeting since debut, they made another precious memories with B2UTYs after a long time and they ended it successfully without any problem or accident.

Yoseob sat down on the couch. He opened his twitter and wrote:

 @all4b2uty: It seems like I’m still not a pro yet ㅜㅜ I was so excited upon seeing B2UTYs so I spoke a lot. My throat.. ㅋㅋㅋ It’s a big problem ㅜㅜㅜㅜ Anyway watch Gikwangie recording for his drama well! For those going on, go home quickly! I’m happy! B2UTYs I love you!

He clicked the post button and locked his phone back. Yoseob rested his back and closed his eyes, his thoughts are still on the stage. How the cheers and the beautiful grey ocean gave him strength and exciting feelings. How they joked at each other and how Dujun and Gikwang played the soccer game hilariously, Thank God Dujun won, so their team didn’t get the penalty. It was so fun that he used his throat too much, yelling and laughing through the show, so it hurts a bit now.

Yoseob feels something warm bumps his cheeks. He opened his eyes to see Dujun standing in front of him, putting a warm bottle of mineral water on his cheeks and holding a pack of pear juice that Yoseob usually drink for his throat. He smiled and reached it, eyeing a thank you to Dujun, which he answered back with a smile.

“Tomorrow’s your first show, how could you forgot and forced your throat like that?” asked Dujun scolding Yoseob a bit, but also worried.

“I know~~~ I was too excited~ I’m sorry.”

“Drink it all up. You’ve to go in the morning tomorrow right? Make sure to take a good rest okay, baby?”

“Ung!”

Yoseob puts the bottle and the paper pack on the table. He moved closer to Dujun and slowly wrapped his hands on the older’s waist, nose resting on Dujun’s shoulder.

“Tomorrow marks my first day.. and we won’t meet until Japan’s schedule.. Dujunah.. I’ll miss you..”

“I’ll miss you too..” Dujun placed his hands on top of Yoseob’s it lightly. “I’ve to resume my shooting tomorrow, too.. We’ll both be busy.”

They’d stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Both quiet, not saying a single word, ignoring the crowded waiting room, enjoying the quality time together before they separate with their respective schedules again.

“Would you come to watch?” asked Yoseob, breaking the ice.

“I promise I will find a time to watch it.”

“Sounds like you couldn’t.”

“No no.. I promise I will! I will baby.”

Yoseob giggles seeing Dujun panicked. He knows Dujun is busy, but deep in his heart he hope that his lover could watch him once. He really hoped that.

“I will then.” He said and snuggles back on Dujun’s shoulder.

“Fighting! You’ll do great. I believe that!”

“Thanks!”

**********

@all4b2uty: On my way to the theatre! The yesterday’s fanmeeting feels still lingering (on me) ㅋㅋ because of that (I) still feel the high tension! Today fighting!

Yoseob is excited. Too excited. He woke up earlier than usual today, not because Yongbok-hyung forced him to, but it’s all because he’s so excited for his first stage. He’d been monitoring the sunbaes stages before, but today, it’s his turn to show what he got and what he learned.

His phone buzzed twice. It was a kakao message from Dujun.

05.30 Baby you wake up already?

05.30 I’m sure you are. Fighting for today! Don’t worry, don’t feel anxious. You’re the best! You’ll do great! I Love You <3!”

Yoseob smiled, Dujun just know the right timing to send him messages like this. Instead of replying with words, Yoseob sends an emoticon full of hearts to show his feelings.

Yoseob’s Joseph officially starts today. They did a last check up in the morning before the hall is open to public. Yoseob diligently do his part.

The curtain opened at last. Yoseob and all the cast do their parts well. They acted all out like there’s no tomorrow giving a new feel of the characters different from the other’s stages. The two hours show reaches the end when Yoseob and the cast appeared for their curtain call. They sang and dance to the last song and the curtain scrolled down sending a goodbye to the audience.

Yoseob feels satisfied. He finished his first stage cleanly. The other cast hugs and pats him showing how proud they are at their magnae Joseph.

**********

“The members hasn’t watch it yet. I believe they’ll watch it on this weekend show.”

Yoseob answered one of the press’s question while flashes of cameras keeps on hitting. It’s another busy day for Yoseob as the Joseph Amazing press conference was held today at the Art Center. He and the other cast sat down together to answer questions and perform a glimpse of the musical as a promotion.

One of the reporter asked him if the BEAST members has watched it, which is a “No.” since Yoseob had only done one stage before. But Gikwang and Dongwoon had promised him to come on the weekend so he answered it like that. Yeah.. only Gikwang and Dongwoon.

Dujun hasn’t called or kakao-ed him yet since the last one on the 3rd, and Yoseob still waits patiently for Dujun to sned it first and not to bother his schedules. Yoseob doesn’t want to be an annoying boyfriend for Dujun, that’s why he waits.

**********

“Hyung~~~!!! Great job!!! That was awesome!!!!” shouted Dongwoon when they entered Yoseob’s dressing room. Gikwang and Dongwoon fulfilled their promise to come on the weekend show, they hold a flower and hands it over to Yoseob as a congrats present.

“Thanks guys. I’m so happy you’ve came.”

“Hehehhehe of course we’ll come! Right Woonie?”

“Yup, Kwangki-hyung! The Joseph coat scene was cool hyung! When you and your coat spins beautifully. And I like Go Go Go Joseph, too! The song is good!” Dongwoon couldn’t stop spazzing about the musical, making Gikwang cracked up by his cuteness.

Yoseob smiled seeing the two youngest members, but his mind and heart doesn’t He knows he shouldn’t be like this, he knows how Dujun is busy, he knows how drama shooting always stole their time together. Ever since Dujun starts shooting his first sitcom, Yoseob always feels alone, feels empty, feels anxious. This feelings repeated everytime this kind of job comes for the elder.

But being a kind and careful boyfriend, he always support him. He always wait, he doesn’t want to bother but wait till Dujun tells him first, till Dujun messages him fir— No, this time he can’t wait.

He took out his phone and wrote down a message on their private kakao chatroom:

18.00 r u still shooting? Whr r u? y thr’s no message from u lately?

18.01 gikwang and dongwoon came to watch today. When will u come? I miss you.. :(“

He whines. For the first time he send a whining message to Dujun when the elder is busy. Yoseob usually holds it till Dujun wrapped the drama, but not for this time. He can’t.

But the answer didn’t come the whole day. His phone stayed silent till Yoseob got home and fell asleep, holding his phone tightly.

**********

Yoseob woke up the next morning lazily. He had putted on an alarm to wake him up early for their Japan schedule. It’s BEAST schedule, so he will meet Dujun again. He looked at his right hand that still on top of his phone and took it. There’s an incoming kakao message. Yoseob sits up abruptly and opened it.

5.20 “I’m sorry for the late reply. I just saw it this morning.”

5.23 Wow that’s good, hope I can come too asap! I miss you too babe~ :)”

This isn’t the kind of reply that Yoseob wants. Why Dujun only answering it now? Why he keeps on saying he hope he can come when he never messaged Yoseob anything? Never calmed Yoseob down with his anxious feelings. Why does he keeps on making a blank promise? It hurts. It’s still six in the morning but it hurts. He doesn’t want to see Dujun now. Not with this kind of feelings. But he have to. He have to wake his lazy up before Yongbok-hyung fetch him and unite them on the van.

“Where were you yesterday?” Yoseob asked Dujun when they sat on their numbered seat on the airplane, his voice is cold.

Dujun was taken aback by the cold voice. He blinks twice before giving him a warm glance to the pouting boy.

“You’re ugly when you pout baby.” Dujun teases him, trying to make him laugh.

“Not funny. I’m serious where were you yesterday?” This time more sharp than before.

Dujun sighed. He’s physically tired and having a little fight with Yoseob on this situation doesn’t help at all.

“You know my schedule don’t you?”

“No. I don’t know. Unless you tell me about it.”

“Yoseobah, stop. I don’t want to fight.”

“Neither do I, but what did I get? I waited for your message, for your call, for your kakaos or whatever but what did I get? None. I waited because I know how busy you are, but I never get anything.. not a single word.. I don’t even know if you’re still alive or not.”

Yoseob stopped. He just realize with what kind of did he blurt out from his stupid mouth. He glanced at Dujun only to find the person next to him closed his eyes, his face shows how hurt he is.

“Are you finished? Can I have a nap before we arrived at Japan? I can’t fight with you now, I need a rest. Let’s continue this later.”

.

Now Dujun is mad at him. And it’s all his fault. He blurted and now he got to pay for it. Where did the Yoseob who waits, who’s full of care and kind to his boyfriend? Who supports him whole heartedly?

He closed his eyes, controlling his emotions and fell asleep while the plane took them off to Japan.

**********

It was hectic when they arrived at Japan. The managers brought them straightly to their hotel to put their stuffs. They got a thirty minutes rest before they were brought to the concert venue, Blue Dragon Concert or something, a Japanese show.

With all the fast pace of moving here and there, changing outfits and applying make ups, there were no time for Dujun and Yoseob to talk. No time for them to have a childish fight. It’s time for a professional work. They finished the show, send their gratefulness and the next morning they’re already on the plane bringing them back home to Korea.

Hyunseung had his own schedule with Troublemaker, so he went to the first van with one of their new manager. Gikwang, Dongwoon, Yoseob and Junhyung went in the second van which will bring them home while Dujun is on the last van, already prepared to go to the filming scene again.

Yoseob watches Dujun as he get into the van and leaves the airport. There hasn’t been a single words between them after the little fight on the plane. They didn’t get the chance to settle up the mess and now they’re parted again.

**********

It’s a free day for Yoseob today, he used his time to go to the boxing gym after quite a long time. Using his strength, being sweaty and letting out his stress by each punches is a moment of happiness for him. He lied down on the boxing ring controlling his breathe when he finally reached his limits.

Yoseob took a shower at the boxing gym’s bathroom before he went home, clean and fresh from the sweat. He rides his Bicep No.28 bike and drove home enjoying the brezzy autumn wind. It’s already cold, winter is coming soon.

When he reached home, he took his lunch and opened his laptop to watch maybe some fancams from his musical or reading some funny things on b-dong or b2stium or even his fansites. Clicking the newest topics one by one, giggling and laughing out loud by B2UTYs antics is one of his favorite-things-to-do.

But then he stops at a new post about Dujun’s drama. They opened a facebook page for the drama promotion. Yoseob opens it without thinking and scrolls the topics only to find three sets of pictures of Dujun smiling and having selcas with a girl who Yoseob doesn’t even know.

“No, Yoseobah.. she’s one of the cast, maybe.. yeah.. I think she’s one of the cast.. But wait, didn’t Dujun said it was a noona? This one is younger.. yeah, she’s younger and pretty and cute and Dujun is smiling showing his teeth.. but no no.. she’s a cast.. you have to believe that Yoseobah.”

Yoseob’s inner thoughts are fighting. It’s a mess. The only thing he knows is he needs to call Dujun, right now.

He grabs his phone contemplating a bit whether to call or not to. But he gives up and giving a long press on Dujun’s speed dial. He needs to call to calm himself down.

“tuuuuuuuuuuuttt~”

A long incoming note comes through his ear. Yoseob waits he waits and waits and waits, but only to here a continuing tu-tu-tu-tut telling him that no one is picking up.

He tried again only to hear the same thing. He keeps on trying and trying, cold sweat starts to fall from his forehead. He keeps on redial and redial until…

“Hello?”

An answer came on the 15th trials, Yoseob sighed and leaned his back on the sofa’s feet.

“What’s wrong bb?” Dujun’s voiced filled with worried.

“What’s wrong?! That’s my question!!” He yelled. “No.. no.. sorry Dujunah.. sorry.. I mean why’re you not picking up? I’m worried!”

“I’m in the middle of shooting. I just got my rest time, just finished my lunch and then I saw your call. And please, I don’t want to fight again.”

“I’m not picking a fight!” Yoseob shouted, his stubborn self comes out accidently. “No, I mean, I’m not picking a fight.” He lowered his voice. “I was only going to ask about those pics.”

“What pics?”

“Don’t try to act stupid.”

Dujun sighed. It started again. Being a B bloodtype he is, Yoseob is always easy to get mad at stuffs.

“Yoseobah.. baby.. isn’t it easier if you just tell me what pics is it? Because I really don’t have any idea about it.” Dujun tried to explain as calm as ever.

Yoseob paused a bit. He realized he talked bad again. He inhale and exhaled for five times before he talks again.

“The one that’s been upload on your drama facebook page. You with a girl.”

Dujun chuckles a bit. But it only makes Yoseob hurts again.

“What? Is it that funny?”

“No.. I just.. amused. She’s my co-star okay, didn’t I tell you before?”

“NO! You said it was a noona. Not a fresh young pretty girl with long wavy pretty hair who sticks to you THAT close and take a sleca with you all smiling.” He said without a pause. Filled with anger again.

“Yoseobah, I said it before. I don’t want to fight. I’m going to resume my shooting again so I’ll explain to you later, okay? The PDnim had called me, I gotta go.”

“tu-tu-tu-tu-tu~”

Yoseob threw his phone away. He’s mad, he’s angry, he’s hurt. Dujun just ignored his call. But rather than throwing his anger on stuffs, he took his phone again and do a mention party. At least B2UTYs are here to comfort him.

**********

Cheers and claps from the audience marked another curtain call for today’s Joseph Amazing.Yoseob and the Pharaoh-hyungnim did a stupid dance again and causing laughter for the audience, the cast and even Yoseob himself. The two cast are already that close to joke at each other, a thing that Yoseob feels happy about because he can forget about Dujun a bit, at least here on the stage.

They bowed and send their “Thanks for the good work” gratitude after the curtain rolls down. Yoseob walks to his dress room and sat down on the couch, closing his eyes and resting his back. After the fight on the phone, he haven’t called dujun again and the elder hasn’t called back either. He sighed, tomorrow is another BEAST schedule, attending the MelOn Music Awards. He needs to be on his professional form again.

Yoseob’s phone buzzed. He peaks at his phone, lazily picked it up and opened a photo sent by Sehun-hyung. It was a photo of a person that Yoseob knows well, so well. It’s Dujun, sleeping while sitting. His head is on the table lying down without a support of his hands or a pillow or anything. The other pic is Dujun’s sleepy face when the make up noonas are applying him make ups. Yoseob’s heart hurts.

17.00 Hyung, is he okay? His face looks dead :(

17.02 ikr? He said he’s fine, but actually he caught a cold.

17.30 Hyuuuuunngg~~ :”(

17.03 thx 4 sending me this hyung :”(

17.05 so you guys are really having a fight? He looks sad every time it’s rest time.

17.06 hiiiiiiiiiiinngggg~ T^T

17.06 it’s my fault for being a childish brat. T^T hyung pls take care of him for me~”

17.08 arrasseo. You take care of yourself too!

17.09 I will >.<

 

He realize now how he’s such a brat. How could he go jealous over one or two photos and throw tantrum on a tired Dujun? How could he whines only because Dujun haven’t fulfill his promise to come and watch his stage when there’s still some stages coming ahead? How could he doubt Dujun? A man with his words.

Dujun knows his situation the best, and he still promised to come. It means he will come. Eventhough he don’t know when, but he said he will come and he always do what he said. Yoseob supposed to remember how Dujun comes to watch his first Caffeine stage when it was the same day as his departure to Hungary. How Dujun comes to watch his first musical silently with only a couple of people knowing. He supposed to remember that. Dujun is a man with his words.

Seeing Dujun’s condition know only broke his heart. Dujun is already tired with his schedules and then he doubled it with his act and now it tripled by the cold. How Yoseob wish he could take Dujun away and locked him in a room, covered him with warm blanket and let him sleep for the rest of the day.

He needs to apologize tomorrow. Yes he does.

**********

It’s another year end awards show and it is opened by MelOn Music Awards. This year, BEAST is again being invited as one of the guest. The show went smoothly and they won two awards, Best Top 10 Artist and Best MV.

They clapped and cheered to all performances, but Yoseob could see, eventhough they sat quite far, that Dujun is extremely tired. Yoseob can’t hold himself to take a glance at Dujun every time, every minute just to see Dujun continuously blinks and holding his half closed eyes as much as he could. There’s also moments when Dujun just stared blankly at the stage, telling that even though his body is there, his mind and soul is somewhere else. And this breaks Yoseob even more.

Once the show finished, BEAST immediately stands up and walks to the exit door, slowly to their van. Yoseob used the crowded moment to pull Dujun out to a corner.

“Baby? Is there something wrong?”

“I need to talk.”

Dujun watches the boy curiously. But then the wrinkle between his eyebrows straighten and he smiled weakly.

“What is it baby?”

“I’m sorry..” Yoseob said, heads hanging down.

Dujun blinks again in confused.

“For what?”

“I’m sorry for being a childish brat these few days.” Yoseob can’t bring his head up, he feels so embarrassed to look at Dujun. “I’m sorry for forcing you to make promise and instead of being a good boy and waits, I choose to annoyed you with whines and anger and jealousy. I’m sorry, Dujunah.”

Dujun sighed. He smiled at the boy lovingly but Yoseob couldn’t see it since his head is still hanging down, staring at his and Dujun’s shoes. Dujun reached out Yoseob’s cheeks with both hands and cupped it, bringing Yoseob’s head up so that they could see each other.

“I never mad at you. You being a childish brat.. isn’t it the same as Yang Yoseob being Yang Yoseob? In fact I was wrong too. For not giving you messages, for not calling you, for not telling you about the other cast, for giving you blank promise.. I’m sorry. And every time you called I always whines that I’m tired when actually both of us were busy. I’m sorry.” Dujun said while Yoseob’s cheeks lightly.

Yoseob smiled. He beamed. He hug Dujun tightly, pressing all his body on Dujun’s broad chest (thankfully they’re on a blind corner, no one would see them). Yoseob loves Dujun so much. He loves him so much. Dujun is too kind for him, but he never wants to give Dujun to others. Dujun is his.

Dujun hugged the boy back and patted his head lightly. “Now, should we go back to the van before they leaves us?”

“Five minutes please. Lemme be like this for another five minutes. I need to charge Dujunah, and I’ve told Dongwoon. He’ll try to make the others wait.”

“jjashik….”

“What?”

“Nothing.”

Dujun hugged Yoseob back more tightly. He wrapped the boy fully under his coat. He needs to charge too.

**********

“Yoseobah! You have a guest!” Shout Pharaoh-hyungnim

“Coming hyung!”

It’s another Joseph Amazing stage and Yoseob feels full energy today, because tomorrow is another Japan fanmeeting, means BEAST together, means he’ll meet Dujun again! He was so happy that he makes it obvious on his tweets.

“Yoseobah!”

“Joonkuni-hyung~! You came?”

Joonkun hyung, one of BEAST old day manager came to watch today’s show.

“Wow hyung! Long time no see!” They hugged each other missing the old days.

“I’m also with someone.”

Yoseob blinks curiously, looking behind Joonkun-hyung’s back. Using a dotted shirt covered by a big stripped black and red sweater, the handsome tall guy walks in confidently, smiling at Yoseob.

Yoseob beams happily. Yoon Dujun finally comes to watch the show.

*****END*****