to be continued..

Ghost Stories

It was the first weekend of summer and the Christmas holidays, and we were excited. Four good friends on their first road trip into the outback!

No parents for a week! It was just my best friend Jongin (the star rugby player), Kyungsoo (his nice but princess-like boyfriend), Baekhyun (my boyfriend and the school’s cleverest boy) and me, Chanyeol. I’ve always been quiet the worry wart, and I wasn’t sure this road trip was the best idea. Two guys and two girls..okay just kidding, four boys – was this going to work in the outback?

But it was summer, school was over, so I didn’t care. I should have. Four friends left together on that Sunday, and four friends returned to Sydney a week later. But not the same four people…

 


 

Chanyeol was sitting in the front with his best friend Jongin, sitting beside him, driving the car. In the back seat their boyfriends were seated, both chatting happily with each other. All of the four friends were excited about the road trip. The best friends in the front were silent, just listening to their boyfriends chatting and laughing.

Baekhyun giggled and bounced up and down on her seat, placing a hand in front of his mouth to stop himself from bursting out laughing.

“Seriously? You really said that?”

“Oh yeah!” Kyungsoo smirked and placed a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “And then she started screaming. Such a loser.”

With that Baekhyun cracked up laughing, flailing his arms around, hiccupping from laughing so hard.

“Really? Oh my god! This is awesome! How can someone be so stupid and really believe such stupid ghost stories?” He wiped imaginary tears away from his cheek and took a deep breath.

“I know right?” Kyungsoo gasped dramatically. “She is such an idiot.”

Baekhyun just nodded, too tired from his laughing attack. He closed his eyes to catch a few hours of sleep before they would be in the outback.

In the front, Chanyeol sighed and shook his head, lightly embarrassed by his boyfriend’s sudden attack. He didn’t want to confess that he was scared, scared of ghost and other scary things. No one knew about his secret and to be honest, he didn’t want anyone to know.

He bit on his lower lip and turned around to look at Jongin who was driving, bopping his head up and down once in a while, to the beat of his favorite song, which was currently playing on the radio.

Not even Jongin knew about his fear of ghosts. Chanyeol clicked his tongue. Jongin shouldn’t know. This idiot was just an idiot..and a bigmouth. He shouldn’t know that his best friend was like a scared kitten, a scared kitten that would probably cling onto Baekhyun the whole time during their road trip. Sighing again, he closed his eyes following Baekhyun’s example and trying to sleep for a bit.

Kyungsoo was checking out her finger nails, not even interested in Baekhyun or anyone else anymore.

Their road trip now began.

Ghost Stories

 

 

Smiling shyly at Baekhyun, Chanyeol sat down beside him on a tree trunk. Baekhyun smiled at him, and taking his hand in his, he squeezed them. Chanyeol immediately calmed down. His boyfriend probably knew, just from watching him that he was scared, and he would be here for him, staying by his side for the entire week.

Kyungsoo and Jongin came up to them, laughing and arm in arm and sat down on the ground beside them.

“So what are we going to do?” Kyungsoo asked excitedly, poking his boyfriend’s cheek, and giggled when he glanced at him, annoyed.

“Don’t know..” He shrugged, leaning against the tree behind him. Then he placed Kyungsoo on his lap, who leaned his back against his chest. Baekhhyun smiled at the scene and stood up from the tree trunk, just to sit down on Chanyeol’s lap right after. Chanyeol quickly wrapped his arms around his waist, not wanting him to fall off his lap and land on the hard ground.

He placed his chin on her shoulder, watching Jongin and Kyungsoo poking each other. He raised an eyebrow and faked a cough.

“Guys..before this tickling game will start to be something more private, say what do you want to do?”

Kyungsoo pouted, and frowning at Chanyeol, he shook his head.

“I don’t know..and my baby doesn’t know either..” Chanyeol gagged at his fake sweet voice and looked at his boyfriend on his lap.

“And you?” But Baekhyun also shrugged, closing his eyes and snuggling more deeply into his arms. Chanyeol smiled and rubbed his arms softly.

“How about me telling you this ghost story..?” Kyungsoo grinned, wiggling around on Jongin’s lap, who smirked at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Chanyeol gave a nervous smile and Baekhyun only grunted, half asleep already.

Kyungsoo clapped in enthusiasms, jumping up and running to get a flashlight, then sitting back down on the ground. He turned the flashlight on, making it shine on his own face, titling his head to the ground lightly and grinning evilly. Chanyeol gulped. Kyungsoo looked like a scary wizard. He wasn’t exactly a fan of wizards. The light emphasized his cheek bones, nose and eyes. Letting each shadow ghost over his face, he began to tell the story. Starting with a small voice, he got louder but slower with each word. He leaned forward and in return Chanyeol, Baekhyun (who was now awake) and Jongin leaned forward to meet Kyungsoo in the middle of their circle.

“It was five hundred years ago, where the girls still used to wear long dresses and be at home, cleaning and taking care of their siblings or their own kids already. Where the men were outside, doing their job, on the field as a farmer, in the town as a baker or carpenter. Or as a hunter. Each man did something else, each man had one woman at home. There were two of them. Two men, two women. Friends, best friends to be exactly. They once had a day off from work, from cleaning. Just relaxing in the outside. Exactly here where we are seated now.” Kyungsoo stopped, looking at each of them, smirking, the light still shining in her face. Chanyeol rubbed Baekhyun’s arms, who looked at them questioningly. It wasn’t Baekhyun who was cold. It was Chanyeol who shivered. Turning around to check if someone was there with them, watching them. He gulped when he thought he saw something sitting in the trees. Red eyes glowing.

“They were all here, sitting around a camp fire, listening to their stories. When one of the women heard something, in the middle of the story of her marriage. She turned around to see eyes staring at her deep in the woods. Gulping, she stood up, ignoring her friends and husband’s worried glances. She walked into the woods, her friends soon running behind her. But they couldn’t reach her anymore, she was already too deep inside. Following the red eyes. Following the sound of heels clicking in the wood, she ran deeper and deeper. Until-“ Kyungsoo took a deep breath, widening his eyes and opening his mouth wide, he let out a high pitched scream. Startling his boyfriend and friends. Jongin let out a deep grunt, Chanyeol screamed like a girl who had just seen a ghost and Baekhyun shrieked.

Kyungsoo bit down on his lower lip, watching her friends’ reactions. He cracked up laughing loudly, letting the flashlight fall to the ground.

“Oh my gosh. This was hilarious!” 

Jongin and Baekhyun soon followed after her, laughing loudly. Only Chanyeol was sitting there with wide eyes, gulping from time to time and looking around him frantically.

Baekhyun could feel his boyfriend's nervousness and giggled softly, turning around on his lap, cupping his face and pecking his lips.

“Hey Chanyeol. It’s okay, it was just a ghost story.”

“I-I know…” He mumbled, still looking around with wide eyes. Baekhyun caressed his cheek.
“Baby, really. You don’t believe it right?” Hectically, Chanyeol shook his head. No, no, he didn’t believe this stupid story. But still, he felt as if someone was watching them. Watching him.

 

 

Ghost Stories

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were lying in their tent. Baekhyun was sleeping, snoring quietly, and rubbing his face on Chanyeol’s chest who was still too scared to even close his eyes. He was scared. What if something was going to happen to him, to them all, that night? What if this stupid ghost story was real? What if-?

He couldn’t finish his own thoughts, when he heard someone walking around the tent. Light footsteps, rustling in the leaves. His body stiffened, his eyes widened. The footsteps got faster and faster as if someone was running for their lives. He gulped the saliva knot in his throat down, listening to the footsteps.

When the footsteps got softer and quieter, he suddenly heard someone screaming, a high pitched scream. A bloody scream. He jolted up, waking Baekhyun immediately. He rubbed his eyes sleepily.

“What is wrong honey..?”  Chanyeol could only gulp, hearing his friends rusting outside. He placed a hand over his speeding heartbeat, and standing up, he shakily opened the tent and went outside. A confused Baekhyun following him.

“What happened?” He asked, glancing at Kyungsoo and Jongin, who both shrugged.

“I heard someone scream…” Kyungsoo mumbled, flashing his light around the trees.

“M-Me too..” Chanyeol whispered, holding tightly onto his own flashlight. Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Okay guys? What the ? Could you please stop with those jokes? Just because Chanyeol is scared of them, doesn’t mean that they are funny.” Baekhyun glared at the couple.
“What?” Kyungsoo scoffed. “You think we-? Oh my gosh! I didn’t know that you are that low, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun placed his hand on his hip. “Soo baby, I am not low. And now, please stop with these jokes, seriously.”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, snapping at Baekhyun. “! We didn’t do anything. We were sleeping peacefully.”

“Right.” Baekhyun said sarcastically. “Right.” He scoffed and turned around sassily. But as soon as he faced the deep wood in front of him, he froze; Staring after from behind all these trees, he saw it.

Red glowing eyes. Gulping, he wanted to turn around. But his body didn’t move like he wanted it to. It moved on its own. Right into the wood. Biting on his lower lip, he tried to turn around but his legs refused to listen, instead his feet only moved further into the deep wood.

Chanyeol, Kyungsoo and Jongin looked at him for a few seconds. Not really getting what was just happening. When they heard a loud bloody scream, the same as outside their tents before, they began moving. Running after their friend. Deep and deeper they ran inside. Nothing around them, then darkness, only their flashlights giving a little bit of light for them to see.

Gasping for air, the friends leaned against three trees. Clutching their chests above their beating hearts, they looked into the night sky. They were silent for a while, until a soft voice broke it.

“W-What do you think…happened?” Kyungsoo trembled, tears were shining in his eyes. Chanyeol was fighting with his own tears, sinking down on the ground, hiding his face in his hands. Sobbing quietly, he thought about his boyfriend. About their idea leaving for a road trip. It had been a more than stupid idea. Kyungsoo and Jongin could only watch him. They were worried themselves. What could have happened to Baekhyun?

 

 

Ghost Stories

 

 

Chanyeol didn’t move at all in the next two days. He was sitting in his tent, staring at Baekhyun’s things and cried. That was all.
Jongin came into the tent from time to time, making sure he was still alive. They all worried much, but Angelo suffered the most. It was still the boy he had loved for the past years, and now he was lost somewhere deep in the woods. Chanyeol was sure that it was Kyungsoo’s fault. He didn’t talk to him at all. He was the one who had told the stupid story. He was the one who had made them believe it was real. He had probably called the ghost or whatever it was Baekhyun was following.

Red glowing eyes.

Chanyeol gulped and fisted with his fingers. He had seen them, too. What if he was next? What if he would follow them, too? ...Would he meet Baekhyun again then?

With all these thoughts Chanyeol fell asleep, not knowing of the red glowing eyes watching him intensely. Having watched him for the past two days. Having watched his every move, just waiting for him to make a mistake, come out of the tent and stare back at them. Just waiting for him to follow them.

 

 

 

 

Ghost Stories

 

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were walking around their tents. Holding onto each other’s hands tightly, they walked past each tent. Trying to find Baekhyun again, they walked a bit further inside the wood. They had been trying to find him for the past three days already, never even discovering a hint of where he could be.

But they didn’t stop, couldn’t stop searching. They were worried about him, they were worried about their best friend, killing himself in the tent. Yes, he was dying slowly. He didn’t eat, he didn’t drink, he didn’t really sleep. Not even only for a few hours, or minutes. They were worried. They needed to get Baekhyun back.

“Baby?” Jongin hummed in return.

“What if we find something….like a corpse…” Jongin turned around to look at his boyfriend, who was staring at the ground.
“Don’t even think about something like that!” He hissed, making Kyungsoo flinch a bit. He nodded, rubbing his thumb over his palm gingerly.

“I’m sorry..” He took a deep breath and looked up with teary eyes. “I don’t believe in hope anymore..” He sniffled. Jongin reached forward and the tears from his cheeks.

“Hope is the last thing that dies. We haven’t reached the end yet. Don’t let your hope die just yet. It’s too soon.” He said softly, kissing his boyfriend on her forehead.

He giggled lightly after they had begun to walk again.

“I never knew you had this side..” Jongin rolled his eyes, for Kyungsoo not to see.

“I always had it. I just never showed it. Image ruiner.” Kyungsoo scoffed.

“Yeah, an idiot image. What could you have lost? It would have made you sweet.” Jongin shh’ed him.
“Stop saying stupid things.” He grunted, which earned him just another giggle from Kyungsoo, 
toddling behind him. They reached a glade, where Kyungsoo felt already safer. A little bit more light, he thought. Looking around, he could see it. It was only past 10pm, but it was dark enough for them already.

The red glowing eyes. They stared intensely at Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo stared back just the same. Gulping he waddled forward, pulling Jongin with him. Who just followed clueless, not knowing that he was following his boyfriend into the unknown.

 

 

Ghost Stories

 

 

Another day passed and Kyungsoo and Jongin hadn’t come back yet. Chanyeol looked up to the sky, sitting on a tree trunk. He sighed. He was alone, alone deep in the outback. Deep in the woods. His boyfriend and his two friends were gone. He hadn’t found him, wouldn’t ever find them.

They were gone forever. He sighed again, looking at his hands which were holding tightly onto his flashlight. He didn’t dare to sleep. He didn’t dare to look around. He could feel the eyes staring holes into his back, but if he turned around he would get lost too. On the other hand, would it make a difference? Then he would be gone with them. They would all be lost. He didn’t need to cry over them anymore, worry, he would be dead, too.

Should he turn around, should he follow these eyes? Should he…?

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

 


tadah~

wow kyungsoo's character is more like luhan and baekhyun together..haha ><' it was originally a y girl..so well.. ._.

i hope you liked it ^^ please comment and tell me what you think~