One Shot

It's Your Birthday!

The cutie pie 5 years old Baekhyun wakes up early in the morning, rushes out from his bedroom, running down the stairs to enter the kitchen. He sees his beloved mother preparing breakfast for his hyung who will go to his school soon enough. He skips happily to his mother like a cute puppy he is and hugs his mother's legs from behind.

"Mama, good morning!"

"Oh, my Baekkie, what are you doing waking up so early?"

"Mama, help me! Baekkie wants to bake cupcakes for Yeollie because it's Yeollie birthday today!"

Baekhyun grins happily and his small eyes shines brightly.

"I know you will ask me that so I already bought all the ingredients. We can start after Baekbeom goes to school okay?"

"You're the best, mama! Baekkie loves mama!"

 

During the baking process, Baekhyun makes a mess in the kitchen. He has flour all over his face and the floor, the chocolate chips are scattered on the counter top of the kitchen island and he also manage to spill the whole bottle of milk. His mother shakes her head, looking at her youngest son. But since he is adorable like that, she will ignore it and tidy up her kitchen later. Around 9.30am, nine cute cupcakes with different flavors are finally ready. Baekhyun places all of them gently in a box. The cupcakes spell out "HB YEOLLIE".

 

Baekhyun goes up to his room to clean himself, wears his outfit which Chanyeol likes the best and walks hand in hand with his mother to Chanyeol's house located at the end of the street. He keeps on smiling while looking at the box filled with cupcakes. When they arrived at Chanyeol's house, Baekhyun rings the door bell and soon after, a woman opens the door.

 

"Oh my, what a cute visitor I have this morning!"

"Good morning, ahjumma! Baekkie wants to see Yeollie!"

"Of course you do. Chanyeol is still sleeping in his bedroom. Why don't you wake him up?"

Baekhyun tugs on his mother's dress.

"Mama, can Baekkie go to Yeollie's room?"

"Go ahead, sweetheart. I will have a chit chat with ahjumma okay?"

 

Upon approval from his mother, Baekhyun enters Chanyeol's room slowly. He sees his best friend he likes so much is still sleeping on his bed. He approaches the bed and climbs up, sitting on the edge. He inspected Chanyeol's sleeping face and blushes. He puts the box on the bedside table and gets under the blanket with Chanyeol. Chanyeol, as if sensing another human being is lying beside him, hugs the person tightly. Right now, Baekhyun is lying on the bed in Chanyeol's embrace and he blushes again. But he falls asleep as well soon after.

 

Chanyeol slowly waking up an hour later. He looks down and saw someone sleeping beside him. He knows it is Baekhyun but he grabs his large glasses so that he could see him clearly. He pokes Baekhyun's fluffy cheek over and over again until the smaller kid opens his eyes. Baekhyun rubs his eyes and yawns. He stretches his body a bit and then sits on the bed. 

 

"Happy birthday, Yeollie!"

Baekhyun attacks the other boy by jumping onto him and hugs him tightly. Chanyeol laughs and hugs his best friend back.

"Baekkie bakes some cupcakes for Yeollie because it's Yeollie's birthday!"

Baekhyun shows the cupcakes in the box to Chanyeol and it makes Chanyeol grins.

"Thank you, Baekkie! I love it!"

The happy atmosphere was suddenly becomes solemn. Chanyeol realized Baekhyun is being uncomfortable.

"What's wrong, Baekkie?"

"Yeollie....uhhh...."

"What is it?"

Baekhyun suddenly pecks Chanyeol's lips and runs away screaming "Baekkie likes Yeollie". Chanyeol grins again, chasing after the little boy and when he catches him, he hugs him tight and whispers that he likes him too. Both of them laughing together afterwards. Definitely the best birthday he had in his five years of life