Auditions

Golden Desire

~Yuri’s Point of View~

            Yuri enters room 2 & sees that there are 5 female contestants starting to walk up the stage.

            On the bright side, at least I’m not late & it seems like the audition is going to start so I’ll line up too.

            Yuri walks up on stage & sees that there are 4 judges ready to start on the following questions they have provided for everyone. She sees them seated on the left 1st row of the theatre room.

            Wow, it feels breathtaking to already be standing on stage & seeing the view from here is big.

            The judges followed the audition procedures just like room 1 where they would go ahead with asking general questions & inquire the contestants to perform according to their request.

            There are 4 contestants that went to sit on the chairs of the 1st row opposite from the judges. Yuri looked at her watch & noticed that 2 hours & 30 minutes passed by.

            Alright, after this contestant I’ll be the last one standing. I didn’t think it would take this long & jeez I noticed that with each contestant the performance request were different for everyone… What will they ask me?

            Yuri sees the female contestant leaving the stage & she nervously walks to the center of the stage.

Judge 1: What is your name?

Girl: Kwon Yu-ri

Judge 2: What can you share about your personality?

Yuri: I am active, outgoing, & fun to be around. I enjoy having competition… just like I am facing now because facing this challenge on my own is what I consider courageous & I feel like I can convey myself to everyone.

Judge 3: Very nice. What is your goal?

Yuri: I love to act/model but for my goal I plan to become a singer/dancer.

Judge 4: You’re doing well so far. Lastly, when did you take interest to becoming a singer/dancer?

Yuri: I always took an interest for singing. It makes me express my thoughts and/or feelings and it is my stress-reliever. I can also express my feelings through music & dancing which I feel will inspire me to do something that I enjoy doing which is my perseverance.

            The 4 judges were finished with asking Yuri questions & they announced everyone that there will be a 15 minute break before starting the performance portion.

            I guess the questions weren’t too bad but now I have to worry about the performance request. I’m going to get water, all that talking made me thirsty now.

            Yuri came out of the theatre room walking into the hallway & bumped into Minho.

Yuri: I didn’t think you would still be here.

Minho: Yeah, well change of plans with the dance producer.

Yuri: What do you mean dance producer? What happened?

Minho: I met with him after I dropped you off here & apparently met this arrogant guy. Anyways, after I met the dance producer he said I had to wait here until he calls back since he had to make a quick errand to business.

            Hmmm… I wonder who the “arrogant guy” he just mentioned is about.

Minho: Oh yeah, so this arrogant guy is apparently an actor or something & you know I accidently broke this golden vase that was in the lobby entrance. You know what he says? Clean it up & leaves. After that I wanted to punch the guy but then the dance producer stopped me & all.

            Ok, so maybe I wasn’t that interested. After all, Minho is always the troublesome guy here.

Yuri: Jeez, Minho you really need to stay out of trouble. Something could have happened to you.

Minho: I’m trouble? Really? Whatever you say “Black Poodle.”

Yuri: Hey! You know I never really did like that nick name you gave me. Why do you say it still?

Minho: Yaah! Well, ever since our 1st year in high school I always thought you had darker skin than the rest of the girls. Besides, it’s not like you have any friends so isn’t it better that I stick with you anyways.

Yuri: You jerk! Just for that I’ll call you “Froggy.”

Minho: What the hell, why?

Yuri: For starters, you have big eyes… Shoot! I think my 15 minute break is over, gotta go!!


~Minho’s Point of View~

            I don’t get girls at all. What’s her problem anyways & she just leaves! Ok... “Froggy?”

            Minho receives a phone call & picks it up.

Minho: Hello? You finished with your business errand now?

Dance Producer: Yeah hey Minho, looks like you have to go to the 3rd floor of room 3.

Minho: Ok, then why did you make me wait in the 2nd floor?

Dance Producer: So that you can buy a drink for someone.

Minho: What do you mean by that?

Dance Producer: You’ll thank me later. Get him a coffee drink. He gets cranky if he’s not awake.

Minho: Look I don’t understand why do I have to deal-

            The dance producer hangs up before he can say anything.

            The nerve of this guy, he hung up on me! I guess I’ll do what he says for now.

            Minho buys a coffee drink & heads to the elevator. He hits button 3 going to room 3 but sees the dance producer exiting the room. He sees a guy walk into the room & the dance producer anxiously waiting.

Minho: Ok I’m here but why aren’t you going in?

Dance Producer: Hurry up & give his coffee. I’ll go in after you’re out. He wants to see you alone.

Minho: I feel like I don’t even know what’s going on anymore.

Guy: Hey! Will you hurry it up! Get inside already!

Dance Producer: Just go in, you’ll see who it is.

Minho: Alright, sheesh!

            Minho enters the room & hands the coffee to the guy.

Guy: About time, I felt like I was going to lose my mind.

            Seriously who is this guy! He made me get coffee for him & I paid for it too!

Guy: The sweet smell of coffee. What better way to start off the day. That’s right, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ki-Bum Kim but they call me Key. & starting now, you are in the audition to try out for our dance crew.

            Ha! After drinking coffee, he’s like a totally different person now. Wow...

Minho: Yeah, I know that but why am I in this agency? I thought it was going to be a different agency.

Key: Don’t get me wrong here; I am from another entertainment agency. The reason why you have to audition in S.M. is because my other agency is packed with other auditions going on so this is a temporary place to hold the try-outs. Does that clarify things for you?

Minho: Yeah, it does thanks. I just wanted to know because your dance producer made me run around a lot.

Key: Oh sorry about that but at least you’re here now so let’s get started.

            Minho nodded his head & walked towards the center of the room. Key sat on a chair next to the table preparing papers & proceeded with the questions.

Key: What’s your name?

Minho: My name is Minho.

Key: What can you share about your personality?

Minho: I am athletic & competitive. I like playing soccer which comes in the family & I enjoy high jumping. I think being competitive gives me the motivation to earn something I want to strive for & I can learn from it through experience. 

Ki-Bum Kim: I see... Lastly, what is your goal & why do you pursue it?

Minho: My goal is to become a dancer & rapper. I pursue it because when I was a kid, I have always listened to music while dancing to the rhythm & with rapping, I like learning the lyrics which create my own kind of song. It not only serves as a reason for me but as a purpose to enjoy what I love doing.

Ki-Bum Kim: Alright, well done on the answers there. Next, you will start the performance request. I am going to bring one of my dance crew members in & see if you can follow his lead on the dance steps.

            I didn’t think I would have it in me to answer the last 2 questions but I’m glad it’s over & done with.

Minho: Ok man I’m ready, we can go ahead & begin.

Ki-Bum Kim: Alright, just remember this. There will be no breaks so prepare yourself.


~Yoona’s Point of View~

            Judging from his appearance, I can tell that he is enjoying this & I didn’t think he would be a judge!

Yoona: You surprised me today. “You won’t go easy on me?” That sounds like a challenge to me.

Donghae: Yeah, what I said is true & I’m glad I got picked as a judge for this audition.

            Haha, he is something else. I feel like I’ll be seeing this guy more often.

Yoona: Well, I’ll be getting myself a drink but you’re welcome to join if you want.

Donghae: Actually I wouldn’t mind, I am getting thirsty.

            Yoona & Donghae exit the theatre room heading to the drink machine. Yoona gets a carbonated blue berry drink while Donghae gets water & they are both seated on the bench.

Donghae: Remember, this is only a 15 minute break.

Yoona: I know & 5 minutes just passed by so we have time.

Donghae: Looks like someone is keeping track here.

Yoona: Yes but it’s better to be safe than sorry.

Donghae: True. So, did you get home safe that night?

            How sweet! He was worried about me.

Yoona: Oh yeah, I did thanks for asking. Hey, I noticed that you look pretty young for this company.

Donghae: Thanks I guess, I go to school too so it’s not just this industry I go to.

Yoona: Oh, what school year are you in? Is it your first, second, or third?

Donghae: It’s my 2nd year in high school, what about you?

Yoona: It’s my 1st year in high school but I have to say though it can become a drag with studies.

Donghae: So I see, but being in school isn’t so bad, I mean think about the positives.

            I can agree with him there. I wonder if he goes to the same school as me.

Donghae: Hey, you know you seem really familiar to me. Are you sure we haven’t met?

Yoona: No, I don’t think so at least… Look we should get going I think the break is almost over.

Donghae: Alright then, let’s go to the theatre room.

            What made him bring that question up again? Hmmm, maybe I do know him…

            Yoona & Donghae was close to the entrance but she stopped in front of him.

Girl 1: Did you see her with the judge?

Girl 2: Yeah I did. If I didn’t know any better it looks like she’s kissing up to him so she can pass.

Girl 1: I think I can agree on you with that one. I mean doesn’t she have any shame.

Girl 2: Right, she should use her abilities to play fair here not cheat her way through the audition.

            Yoona felt shocked & was about to walk back to the hallway but Donghae stopped her.

Yoona: What are you doing? They think I’m using you to win the competition.

Donghae: That may be so but not in my eyes. Just wait here until they go inside & I’ll go first okay?

            Yoona nodded & watched as Donghae approached the 2 female contestants. Seeing how they stopped talking, Donghae started talking to the both of them.

            Oh no, I wonder what he’s saying to them. Oh my god, this is creating tension & I don’t like it.

            Yoona got closer hiding near the wall of the entrance close by wanting to hear the conversation.

Donghae: Just because a female contestant acquaints a judge out of the theatre doesn’t mean she’s using tactics to try & persuade him to succeed in the competition.

Girl 1: We were wrong, we are terribly sorry.

Girl 2: Yes, it won’t happen again sir.

Donghae: Very good because if this were to happen again then one of you will be disqualified. Am I clear?

            The 2 female contestants nodded like their life depended on it & dashed into the theatre.

            Ok, I think he went too far but I mean those girls started first so at least I’m not alone here.


~Donghae’s Point of View~

            Donghae entered the theatre room & 5 minutes later Yoona went on stage.

Judge 1: Alright everyone, let us continue with the audition process.

Judge 2: For the audition request, we would like you to read some lines & act out scene 5.

            Donghae gives Yoona the script & she reads her lines.

Judge 1: We will give you 20 minutes to memorize the lines.

Judge 2: After that you will be role playing with one judge which will be Donghae.

Yoona: Ok, but I noticed there isn’t a title for the script you gave me.

Donghae: That’s right, so this will be where we are testing you on your acting abilities.

Yoona: I don’t really understand what you mean here.

Donghae: Basically, you’ll be playing the main character & you decide how you’ll act for this short role play.

Yoona: Alright then, I’ll just go ahead & memorize my lines.

            Donghae & the 2 judges nodded. One of the judges informs Yoona to head into the back room to study.

Seeing her facial expression for the audition request… well I did say it wasn’t going to be easy.

Judge 1: We will let everyone know about the scenario of the play. Since we are waiting for the last contestant to practice her lines, here’s a short introduction about the scene. It is about a poor girl who denies her love for a wealthy man. The wealthy man does everything he can to persuade the girl but in the end she leaves him. There’s a special quote that we think represents the theme of the scene.

Donghae: Here’s the quote, “Money isn’t everything - but it’s a long way ahead of what comes next.”

Judge 1: The other judge that escorted her into the back room has already filled Yoona in for the scenario too. After her time is up, she will begin her act on scene 5 with Donghae. Does anyone have any questions?

Girl 3: How will we know when the scene ends?

Judge 1: The other judge will ring a bell & that will mean the scene has ended & everyone can applaud.

            The female contestant nodded. After stating the scenario, 20 minutes passed & Yoona stands on stage.

Judge 2: You may begin the performance requested.

            Yoona walks along the stage while Donghae follows her.

Yoona: How long do you plan to keep this up?

Donghae: Until you tell me why you won’t give me a chance.

Yoona: I can’t, we both know your parents won’t approve of our relationship.

Donghae: I don’t care! Look if you still have to pay unfinished debts, let me help you out.

Yoona: No, that’s my problem not yours. Besides, I can’t fall in love with you.

Donghae: Why are you making it hard on yourself? You can live the easy life if you just let me in.

Yoona: I don’t want any more trouble placed upon my family if I’m associated with you. Just leave me alone.

            Yoona tries to walk away but Donghae hugs her tight.

Donghae: I love you; please don’t try to contradict your feelings.

Yoona: I’m sorry… but I am a person who is untamed by love. I think you are choosing the wrong person.

            Judge 2 rings the bell & everyone in the room applauds for the performance.

Judge 1: Ok everyone, the results of the audition will be sent in the mail on Monday.

Judge 2: Good job everyone for coming to try out for the audition. You can leave now.

            Everyone exits out the theatre room. Donghae leaves the stage & Yoona follows after him but trips. Donghae catches her before she could hit the ground & they face each other.

Donghae: Are you okay? You should be more careful next time.

Yoona: Yeah I’m fine. Um, why do you keep looking at me?

Donghae: I think I remember who you are now. You’re “Deer” eyes.

Yoona: What are you talking about? I don’t know why… wait you’re “Fishy” aren’t you?