1/1

Are You Sure?

Kyungsoo, a 17 year old senior. He is short, with big innocent eyes, pale skin and reddish-brown hair. Not very muscular if anything he is squishy like a pillow. Kyungsoo is that quiet kid in school who would sit alone at lunch, have few friends if any and was often bullied. He preferred to keep to himself and not get caught up in drama but being gay put him in the spotlight and the fact that he is dating the most popular guy in school.

Kai, not your average 16 year old. He is tall, very good-looking, tanned skin with dark brown hair. Muscular and athletic. Academics come easy to him. Kai is outgoing and the center of attention where ever he goes. Kai is a love obsession for guys and girls. No one knew he was gay so when he announced he was dating the quiet kid no one pays attention to of course there would be more attention.

November 3 marks the day of Kai and Kyungsoo’s 3 month anniversary. The students flooded into the school and then to their respected classrooms ready to start the day. History, Kyungsoo’s favorite class. Why? Well, that was the only class Kyungsoo has with Kai so he was always excited to see his loving boyfriend. Kai would always zone out or play with his friends, especially Sehun. Kyungsoo was happy that Kai had friends he could joke around with but was sometimes jealous. Sehun would stick really close to Kai all the time and was a major -block. Last week Kai took him out on a date. Sehun showed up and ended up staying with us for the rest of the date. That wouldn’t have been a problem for Kyungsoo but Sehun would cling to Kai and walk in between them and Kai was oblivious to his actions, he would actually cling onto Sehun too. Kyungsoo excused himself early on the date saying he wasn’t feeling well so he could get away from the painful situation.

Today Kyungsoo was going to make a really romantic dinner for the two of them that would turn into a movie night and maybe another surprise. Kyungsoo saw Kai jogging up to him. Kyungsoo waiting for a ‘Happy Anniversary’ or a kiss was disappointed when Kai only said his name.

“Kyungsoo!”

“What?”

"Don’t wait up for me, I'm going to go hangout with Sehun today again. Text ya later!"

Why is Kai going to go hangout with Sehun on our 3 month anniversary? Did he forget? Am I not important?

Kyungsoo dropped his gaze and kept walking, ignoring the world around him, only pondering his place in his boyfriend's heart.

Since he has been spending so much time with Sehun lately he won’t notice that I skipped the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow?

          Kyungsoo had only one class left so he just finished out his day. Kai caught up to him and told him that he got his days mixed up and apologized for the confusion.

“Kai, come over to my house at 7”

“Okay”

Kai pecked his boyfriend on the lips and walked off meeting up with Sehun. Some of the guys from the football team saw everything.

“Ew such a . Don’t show your nasty gayness in school.”

They brushed past him knocking his shoulder thus the result of Kyungsoo dropping his books. He squats down to pick his books up and put them back in his bag.

~Time Skip~

It was 6:50, ten minutes till Kai would be arriving at Kyungsoo’s house. Kyungsoo made Kai’s favorite, Kimchi Spaghetti. Kyungsoo’s parents were out of town this week so they had the house to themselves. Bzzzz bzzzz Kyungsoo grabbed his phone to find a text from Kai.

From: Kai <3

Mianhae! Sehun called me and his parents got into a fight so he needed to go somewhere and he’s gonna stay with me for tonight. I’m so sorry Kyung!

 From: Kyungie~

No problem, have fun, be safe. Love you

Kyungsoo waited for a reply that would carry ‘Love you too’ but it never came. Kyungsoo stood up from the table he was sitting at, he looked down at the food he set out. He got up and went to the fridge and grabbed an alcoholic beverage, his dad always said alcohol can take the edge off sometimes. He returned to the table, sat down, opened the beer and took a sip. Almost choking from the bitterness he set it down. He wasn’t gonna let the food go to waste so he slowly started to eat. Before he could even take his first bite he broke into tears. He set the fork down and rested his head back, looking up at the ceiling.
“I’m such an idiot.”

*flashback*

“I will love you forever and ever!”

“Me too!”

“Kyungie, promise me on our 3 month anniversary you cook for me.”

“Will do”

~

“Kyungsoo, was it? You know Kai is only playing with you right? Like why would you date you when he could have any one of us?”

“Hey Krystal, didn’t you say you had a congratulation gift to give him for finally dating Kai?”

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Here, hope you read it.”

Dear Freak,

Why do you think you are so special? You are only a play thing for him. Actually thought you had a chance? You thought wrong lover boy. Just wait and see, I give it 2 months, if you are lucky. Oh and don’t bother showing up at school, we don’t want you to infect others with your gayness. Speaking of that, why don’t you just kill yourself? Would save everyone a lot of trouble!

Xoxo

~Krystal

Ps: Don’t tell Kai or else.

*end of flashback*

“It has been roughly 2 months.”

Kyungsoo went to his bathroom and broke one of his razors. Well hello, haven’t seen you in a while. Kyungsoo smiled sadly and took the blade to his wrist. Opening a couple of his old scars. He turned the warm water on in  the sink and ran his wrist underneath, watching the blood mix with water and go down the drain just like his feelings and efforts. He bandaged his wrist up and walked back to the table. He collected the plates and threw the food away and put the dishes in the sink. He looked at the clock, 7:45. It was still early, early enough for him to watch a movie, he picked out Kai’s favorite movie and started watching it. This is what we would have done after dinner, then we would cuddle and then fall asleep. Kyungsoo’s eyes were starting to get heavy, 9:57, he got up, turned the TV off and stalked up the stairs. And went to bed.

 The next morning Kyungsoo definitely did not want to get up and go to school to see him. He laid in bed and decided that he would just play hooky. His day consisted of sitting in his bed watching TV or surfing the internet.

From: Kai<3

Where were you today? Are you sick? I’ll come visit you after school.

From: Kyungie~

K

Kyungsoo felt bad for only saying ‘k’ but what else would he say? Before he knew it Kai busted through his bedroom door staring at Kyungsoo who was in his bed.

“Kyungie!~”

“Yes?”

“You had me really worried!”

“I’m sorry”

Kai grabbed Kyungsoo into a bear hug. Kyungsoo forgot he was wears a t-shirt so the bandages on his wrist were in plain view, Kai looked down at them.

“Kyungie, are you…again?”

“…” Kyungsoo looked out the window avoiding Kai’s gaze

“Why?”

Kyungsoo didn’t answer

Why?!!!” Kai raised his voice, Kynugsoo flinched and tears started to form in his eyes.

“you” Kyungsoo answered in a whisper

“What? I didn’t hear you.”

“I said you” Kyungsoo answered in a voice just loud enough for Kai to hear

“What did I do?”

“Oh I don’t know, maybe clinging to Sehun, and ditching our 3 month anniversary for him that I spent forever preparing your favorite meal. If you are just toying with me then please leave.”

“Sehun is just a friend”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yeah.”

"Kai? Do you love me? Like truthfully love me."

“What kind of question is that?”

“A logical one”

“Of course I do”

“Then why do you act like you don’t? Why does this feel one-sided?”

“I didn’t wanna do this…” Kai paused, Kyungsoo’s eyes were filled with worry. Oh my god he is gonna break up with me, well, goodbye everyone because I might just die.

“I lied to you” Kyungsoo’s eyed widened

“A-about what?”

“Sehun’s parents weren’t fighting and we didn’t have a sleepover”

Kyungsoo’s mouth dropped, Is he admitting that he is cheating on me?

“T-Then why did you cancel?”

“I had to go out and set something up that took forever” Kai went through his bag and took out tickets to Hawaii

“I’m really sorry for cancelling. I have keeping a distant because I’m horrible at keeping secrets and I didn’t want to blow it by saying something. Sehun knew about it and was trying to help me because you know my English is not as good as Sehun’s so he had to talk to the people and set everything up. Last night I had to get out passports and the people wouldn’t let me get yours because I didn’t have anything to prove that I needed yours. I kind of started a fight and went to the police station but Sehun bailed me out and he talked with the travelling company and we finally got it.” Kai cracked a half smile hoping Kynugsoo wouldn’t rip his head off or break up.

“You know I made dinner, I had to watch a movie all alone in this empty house. I was worried and thought you didn’t love me anymore and…”

Kai crashed his lips onto Kyungsoo’s to shut him up.

“You should know I love you and always will.”

 


Hello everyone! Well this will only be a one-shot! First-fanfiction complete! Please comment, critique, and subscribe! Thinking of writing a Prequel or Sequel, do you guys want one? Well hope you guys like it!

-xXAfterAllXx