May 2014

Deathnote -from L-

Hello again!

Should I be working on this chapter right now? Nope. I should be doing homework.

But it's not interesting and I got another idea for this while trying to answer a question about ancient civilizations. 

I'll get back to that later... way later...

 

DEATHNOTE -From L-

May 2014 -DONGWOO-

"You need to show everyone that you're strong without L too." 

Dongwoo looked down at the floor as thier CEO lectured them about thier next comeback. 

"Without L, you're still Infinite." 

Dongwoo stood up, his chair scrapping behind him. 

"That's the thing," he said quietly. "We aren't strong without Myungsoo. We aren't Infinite without Myungsoo. Without Myungsoo, without L, we're only 6. Infinite is seven. It's always been seven. Infinite is Sunggyu, Woohyun, Howon, Sungyeol, Myungsoo, Sungjong and I. Without one, we aren't Infinite." 

"Dongwoo, L is-" 

"L is gone. Myungsoo is still out there somewhere. He said so, he said that he'll be here with us." 

Dongwoo ran out of the conference room. 

--------//---//--------

He said that he'll be with us.

But he never was. 

Dongwoo walked down the street. The chilly April air carried the last whispers of winter, just a faint echo in the breeze. 

Winter was the  season that Myungsoo's eyes mimicked. Winter was the season that they lost those eyes. 

Dongwoo continued his aimless path. 

"Hey! Dongwoo!" 

He turned around. Sungjong was running to catch up with his hyung. 

"Hi Sungjong, don't yell at me for saying that at our CEO be-" He was intrupted as Sungjong threw his arms around his neck. 

"It's been hard on all of us. Thanks for voicing our thought. You're the most bravest hyung I know," Sungjong whispered in his ear. 

Dongwoo buried his face in sungjong's neck. "I'm not brave. I'm only scared..."

---------//---//--------

He and Sungjong walked around the city for a little while, stopping at the edge of the river. 

"It's really beautiful here," Sungjong sighed. 

Dongwoo nodded. 

Something down near another path caught his eye. 

"What's that?" he asked. 

Sungjong squinted down the path. "I'm not sure, some memorial?' 

As they got closer, Dongwoo realized that it was a memorial. He knew it was dedicated to. 

Sungjong froze as he realized too. "Dongwoo-hyung..." 

Dongwoo walked up to the memorial, half in a trance. The set up wasn't that elaborate, a simple shelf covered with a roof over top. The shelf and roof were covered with flowers, in the middle was a picture frame, it was a picture of Myungsoo.

Dongwoo's knees gave out from underneath him and he knelt on the ground infront of him. 

In the past few months, no matter how hard it got, no matter how hard he cried, no matter what happened, Dongwoo always believed that Myungsoo would come back to them. 

Tears blurred in his eyes. He felt Sungjong's warm arms wrap around him. He leaned into them, the tears spilling onto his cheeks. 

"He's not coming back..." he whispered, his heart breaking as he finally said those words a loud. "He's never coming back is he?" 

Dongwoo felt a cold tear that wasn't his drop onto his neck. "I don't know what to think any more hyung." 

He turned and hugged Sungjong tightly as the younger started to sob. "He's not coming back..." 

"Y-yo-you ne-nev-er know hy-ung... he... He still cou-could be com-ming hom-me soon... we... don't know..." 

Dongwoo pulled Sungjong up, rubbing his hand across his eyes, trying to be brave again. 

"Sungjong-ah. Let's go home... without Myungsoo... we got a comeback to prepare for..." 

Dongwoo looked back once at the memorial behind him. Myungsoo's smile stood out from the picture. 

Dongwoo-hyung. 

Your smile is a sun. 

Smile and warm Infinite. 

I will be back.

Don't doubt that. 

Myungsoo's smile was a sun. The sun came out in spring to melt away thier hurt.

Just as the sun comes back every day to warm back up the earth, his smile would come back too. 

Sooner than they would think too. 

--------//---//--------