Like Eve Does to Wall-E

In Rosy Hues

A/N: Catboy!Daehyun

Yongguk sighed long and heavily as he stepped on another broken glass. Right at this moment, Yongguk just wanted to take a shower with nice warm water in his nice and also warm apartment after dealing s in his office from 9 to 5 on the dot. Today’s really been tiring, very very tiring he could still practically hears the non-stop ringing phone and beeping faximiles asking this or that document, he was sure he’s going to get bald before 30. And now, what, he just dropped a freaking glass in his kitchen. He sighed again as he hunched down to sweep the shattered pieces of glass on the floor, but a jingling sound interrupted him. “Bang!” a jovial sound was all he heard before he got tackled onto the floor (that fortunately wasnt covered in glasses) and gets a lapful of Daehyun. Yongguk huffed at the weight settled on his hips but couldn’t help his lips tugging upwards on the corners. “Hey” he called out softly, one hand clutching the legs wrapped around his waist and the other reaching out toward the brown fur cat ears. He gets a loud and happy purr in return. “Why aren’t you sleeping?” he asked, lips moving against a tuft of black hair on top of Daehyun’s head. He heard a giggle against his shoulder and just then his eyes drifted toward the ajar door of living room where Daehyun seemed just came out of, he heard faint sounds of music and people talking there, and oh, the movie is still playing.

“Were you watching Wall-E?” Yongguk asked, amusement bubbling in his throat upon the scene of two robots floating around the space. Then Daehyun lifted his face from Yongguk’s shoulder, eyes twinkling and crinkled on the corners. “Hold me close and hold me fast~” he felt two palms pawing at his cheeks, skimming the tired skin there gently and Yongguk felt something caught on his throat. “The magic spell you cast~” the paws moved to squish his cheeks and Yongguk laughed out of nowhere. “This is~ La Vie En Rose~” those brown eyes are still twinkling in mischief after belting out the last note, but all Yongguk could see is the brown eyes of a cat from five years ago, body was far skinnier than now, drenched in rain and curled up at the corner. Yongguk still remembered vividly those doe eyes stared at him when he stood up offering an umbrella. He wondered whether Daehyun was still afraid of rain and thunder, though it’s been 5 years and it seems he copes better with them even if Yongguk had to leave him alone to go to work. “I’m sorry baby” he said, guilt strucked him all of sudden. He rubbed the plush cheeks with his long fingers and he felt Daehyun leaning into the touch. He wondered whether Daehyun still cries to sleep at some occasions, and it reminded him of his office somehow; cold and everything felt so hurried. He wondered whether the loneliness he felt there was the same one Daehyun had felt before.

A soft meow brings him back from his own thoughts. He saw Daehyun frowned at him, brows furrowed together and he pawed to smoothen them. “You didn’t like me singing Louis Armstrong” he says, frowning deeper. “No, no, no, I love it” At the word ‘love’ Daehyun’s ears twitching and the smile came back. “You do?” Yongguk nods, hand moved to rub a soothing circle on Daehyun’s back. “I love it too” Daehyun says again, then shifted to curl against him, “I also love you”

Maybe that was the first smile he ever had during his ty day. He smiled so wide he felt if he had a mirror right now he would look so stupid. “You do?” he asked back, sounding awfully jovial. “I do” Daehyun lifted his head once again, “Like Eve does to Wall-E” He pinched those smiling cheeks before pecking the pursed lips, “And you know what” Yongguk grunts as his hands gripped tighter on the boy and hoisted him on the hips. Giggling voices resonated throughout the apartment as he carried the ball of fur on his hands, walking toward their couch and dropped him to bounce on its surface. “I love you too” Yongguk smiled, peppering kisses all over the still giggling Daehyun, he felt all of his exhaustion had seeped out, replaced by indefinite amount of giddiness soaring on his chest. He lifted his head and met a pair of brown bright, bright eyes, crinkled at the corners and Yongguk felt some sort of accomplishment out of the blue.

“I love you too, so, so much, like Bang Yongguk does to Jung Daehyun”

*