Chapter 1

Finally

CHUNJI'S POV

I remember when I was in my teenage years, I would only spend a little from my allowance. I always wanted to go to the amusement park but since I don’t have money, I decided to save for it. When we were finally dismissed from school, I would race out of the classroom and go to a nearby abandoned house with a swing in their front yard. My parents told me that it was like that since we transferred here. And my old neighbors who were here for a lot of years already said it was already abandoned when they started living here.

I never had the guts to ask them who used to live in that house. I always thought it wasn’t right to ask. One of the reasons I go there was because he was there. He would wait for me near the swing and hand me dandelions to make a wish. And I would make the same wish again and again. “I want to go to the amusement park with L.joe, please, please, please come true.” Then we both would blow the flower. We just stay there, lying down on the back yard and talking about totally random things.

It was a weekend when I finally had enough money to bring myself and L.joe to the amusement park. I hurriedly went to our play place and found L.joe in his usual clothes, sitting down near the swing, with the light of the setting sun shining through his hair.  He was holding a letter and looking at it seriously. “what’s that you’re holding?” I said. “Oh, it’s nothing, Chunji. Is there something urgent I should know? I could hear your  running steps toward here even when you’re still so far away.” he said while giggling.

“We’re finally going to the amusement park!” I said as I made him stand up. “Really?!” he said excitedly. “Uhuh, so come on!” We ran hand in hand not caring what other people would think when they saw us. We arrived at the amusement park in no time and went to the different rides we always wanted to try. We explored the whole amusement park and when we got tired, we found a place to rest. The day ended and we both headed home. It was that night that I started writing a new diary. It was that night when I realized it. It was long there, but it took me a lot of months to realize that I really liked L.joe. As a teenager, crushes and likes were normal. But I never thought I would start liking my guy best friend. Maybe it’s because we’ve been together for a long time. Maybe it’s because I never hang out with any other guys besides him, or maybe because it’s him. I really liked him.

The next day, it was his birthday. I was excited the whole day to meet L.joe. I wasn’t able to focus on the class discussions. It was finally dismissal time and I didn’t even go to the lockers anymore. I went directly to the abandoned house. From afar, I should’ve seen his feet near the pavement. I should’ve seen his hair riding the wind. But when I went there, all I saw was a picture and a letter. It read: “Hey Chunji! Guess what? I’ve got a scholarship! And it’s in Canada! I’m going to live with my parents. I don’t know what to feel but I’m extremely sad and happy at the same time. I’m sorry I’m leaving Chunji. You’ll always be in my heart.”

I went home crying, carrying the letter and the picture he left me. For weeks and weeks I was gravely depressed. Time flew by so fast. I was in 3rd year college. I just finished parking my car and I went inside. While walking down the lobby, I saw that there was a commotion near the dean’s office.

“What did I miss?” I asked a friend who was in the crowd. “There’s a new guy. He’s so hot, and handsome, and handsome, and oh yeah, Did I mention? He’s handsome.” She was so hyper when she told it to me.

I waved good bye to her and made my way to my classroom. When the class was about to start, I saw the new guy get in. He saw an empty seat next to me and sat there. It was art class so we took our drawing books and got our charcoal pencils ready. He was browsing through his drawings. I caught a glance of it and they were magnificent. He ran by a familiar drawing.” Could you please flip back the page?” I asked. He smiled at me and did so. It was exactly what I was thinking about. It was a drawing of the abandoned house L.joe and I used to go to.

 

“What’s your name?” he asked in a slow manner. Just like the way L.joe talked.”I’m Chunji.” His eyes grew big when he heard my name. “ I’m L.joe. You know, I’ve been searching for the Chunji I used to know.” He said. No, he didn’t forget me. HE WAS LOOKING FOR ME. I don’t know what I felt. Tears squeezed themselves out of my eyes. I wiped them off my face. Wait, I wasn’t sure if we were the only ones who hung out there. So I stopped my feelings and focused on my class.

Classes ended and I drove back home, and I saw L.joe, my new classmate sitting near the abandoned house. I stopped and went down the car.  He waved at me and said “Finally, you’re here. Chunji-ah pabo! How could you ever forget me?” L.joe said as he flicked my forehead. 

 

A/n: OMGGG, SO SORRY. MY FRIEND WAS SO EXCITED TO READ THIS FIC SO I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO EDIT ALL OF THE NAMES. :'((( MIANHAAAAAEEEEE TO ALL THOSE WHO GOT CONFUSED. :( I usually just write a story with different names and just decide who the final characters are when Im gonna write it online already. :( I didn't have much time in editing this chapter. :'(( OMONAA, THANKS FOR THOSE WHO SUBSCRIBED!! I'llbe updating soon! ah saranghaeyoooooooooooooooo. :**again, I am so sorry. I'll be careful in the next chapters!