Rewind

Love Is A Cycle, It Never Ends

This is originally A.No's one shot for Jae but I just replaced it with Yoochun's name and edited some grammar errors. The original Yoochun shot will come up.

 

[Yoochun’s POV]

 

I woke up as my alarm clock did its job. My head was hurting but my heart is. I stood up from the bed and went outside my bedroom to go downstairs and meet my soon-to-be-ex-wife.

 

I passed through the hallways and the house feels like it doesn’t welcome me anymore. I walked slowly not really wanting to meet my wife, though my heart yearns for her. I looked at my right to see my son’s slightly ajar door. I opened it more enough for me to peek at my seventeen year old son, Dongjun.

 

He was as handsome as me only he doesn’t have as much confidence. He inherited his mother’s innocence and shyness. He was sleeping soundly and the sun’s rays lying against his skin contrasted his feminine face. If ever I owe my children a father and kids time, I’m proud to say I know one thing about my son, Dongjun is not gay.

 

I couldn’t touch him or else, ________ will get mad at me saying not to touch her son or I don’t deserve to be their father. It … hurts. I smiled as I fought the urge to cry and embrace my son for hopefully not the last time, but it seems like it. I went outside his room and inside the opposite room, my daughter’s room: Sori.

 

She’s eighteen years old and very young. Unlike her brother, she was a wild child. When she was just eight, I remember her topping her classes and she always comes home with shining medals upon her neck. But now, she’s different. She has the face of an angel, covered by dark make up. She’s already senior high school but I don’t think she’ll graduate this year. She has had difficulties in her studies since her life turned up side down.

 

I don’t know why her life has become like this. She doesn’t talk to me directly. Well, no body in this family talks to me directly anymore. I barely know things about my family. Last night was the first night I slept in this house for a very long time. I’ve had so many works and jobs to be done that I forgot to take care of what really is important to me. This is the reason why my wife hated me. Why we’re going to sign all our divorce papers next week.

 

I went outside the door to forget what could hurt me the most: this will be the last time I’ll see my family. Through the hallways I went and I remember everything ________ and I went through to get this family whole, to have this family and enjoy our lives.

 

My heart was dragging me down the stairs but my feet don’t want to follow. My heart needs to be with my wife but I fear that I’ll see only pain in her eyes. Or, no pain at all. Only happiness, saying that we’re going to be divorced!

 

 

There she was, standing with her back facing me. I don’t know if it is coincidence or she really don’t want to see me. She was preparing breakfast and I ran to her. I hugged her from behind and I could see that she’s dropped onto the counter what she was holding.

 

The hardest part in signing the divorce papers is when the thought of being forced to sign these papers comes to you. The thought that hurts me the most is the thought that I don’t want to leave my family but my wife wants it so much and I’m signing this just to make her happy for the last time.

 

“I’m sorry.” That was the whisper that escaped my lips and heart when I felt tears run down my eyes when I embraced her in the arms that once never left her. “We’re already here. No need to be sorry.” She said it like it didn’t hurt at all. But I could hear her heart beating rapidly. More tears flowed down as I heard her say that. My heart feels like they’re splitting into million pieces. It feels like being hammered by my own wife.

 

“_________, if you could just ~” Then I was cut of. She flipped herself to face me loosening the embrace I gave her. My arms felt hopeless and dying. I’m going nowhere. My wife doesn’t need me anymore. Nobody in this family needs me anymore.

 

“Chunnie~” It was more of a whisper when she called my name. It’s as if saying my name was a punishment. It felt forced against her lips. “You’re not Pineapple anymore and I’m not Heart anymore. It’s too late to bring it back Chun. Too late to rewind.” She said our names that we used to call each other when we were still happy in each others arms. I’m Pineapple because she said that I’m tough on the outside with the thorns and spikes, but I was soft and sweet on the inside. I called me Heart because of that line I gave her on my first confession to her on that prom night: _________, you are my heart.

 

She looked at me with a concoction of mad and pity look in her eyes and left me staring at nothing but the kitchen wall. “Pack up your bag Chunnie. You said you’re only staying for the night.” That was what she said when she went outside to the garden leaving me. She didn’t even look at me when she said that.

 

Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                I opened the door to my best friend’s home and he was working with some chemical things around the house. There were test tubes and beakers and more different crazy things connected to chemistry. “Um … hey Junsu. I’ll just … uh … go up stairs.”

 

He took off his safety glasses and smiled at me. “You looked like you cried … again. Come here. Something to cheer you up!” He was in a happy mood today and I envy the guy. He was my classmate and best friend since grade school and he was the school’s biggest geek while I was the ‘it’ boy of the school. I forced myself to walk closer to him because I wasn’t really feeling good. I just got kicked out of the house and in one week time, I’ll be kicked out of my family’s life. This is just … great!

 

He gave me this test tube thing with a pink liquid in it. It looked like a gargle but … it smells like a flower. “What are you waiting for? Drink it!” He looked excited but I gave him the ‘I’m-so-tired look’. “Okay, okay. Just take it, I have many of those. Drink it later if you want, okay. It’s just an experiment. I want to know its effects.”

 

I went up stairs and my laptop. I did my job … again. I think my wife now is my work. I’m just … stuck to be that big old business man with a 40 inch waist that once was 28 with the rock hard abs. When it was already night and I feel like I’m fed up with work for the day, I saw the gargle thing Junsu gave me. “What does this do? At least … I’d try gargling it. I feel bad for the Einstein Junsu friend of mine. I don’t think he succeeds in everything he does.

 

I poured the thing on the glass and I brushed my teeth. I rinsed my mouth with water first and spit it out. Then I gargled the pink thing. Just when I titled my head up, Maggie, my dog pounced on top of me and knocks me down on the floor and my sight just went dark.

 

I woke up to another morning and my head … it hurts big time! I was still wearing my black work suit and I could tell that through my blurred vision. I was still sleepy but I pushed myself to go down the stairs to greet Junsu a good morning.

 

My eyes are half opened and I was still half sleeping. My back hurts because apparently, for some doggie reason … I slept on the bathroom floor. Good thing Junsu is hella rich and the house is always clean. I glared at Maggie when my back bone snapped and she knew what she did wrong.

 

Junsu was working with chemicals back in the laboratory again and I greeted him. He turned to look at me and at first he was smiling but then he covered his eyes. “PUT YOUR PANTS ON!”

 

I was awake when he screamed that. I looked down to where my pants should be but I was only wearing my loose briefs and boxers. I held it up so that it won’t fall too. But then I realized that I lost more than ten inches of my waist. I ran upstairs still holding my garments up and ran to my bathroom. The gargle Junsu gave me worked!

 

When I faced myself in the mirror, I realized that I didn’t loose pounds or inches. I lost my age! I was like twenty years younger. I looked like I was around 18 again. I couldn’t believe this. I heard Junsu calling me. His voice got louder, he’s closer. I want to get to him and ask him what happened. I was so worried what would happen to me. Then he appeared behind and I saw his reflection. He covered his eyes again. “Yoochun ah! It worked!”

 

Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                I went to school with one of Junsu’s latest sports car. He always gets the new ones. I was wearing what seemed to be the cool clothes today’s teenagers think. I cut my hair the cool style and wore those things teenagers call bling-bling. I parked in the parking lot of the university where both of my kids are studying. I stepped outside the car and girls we’re checking me out! I’m kind of liking this. 21st century popular kids at school type.

 

                After fixing the papers at the office and such, I went to my class and I was late. The teacher said it was expected and it was alright. I don’t remember the teachers being too nice when I was 18. The teacher was smirking at me and the way she taught us today was kind of breathy more like seductive. Is that also the way of teaching in this generation? I guess it’s … bearable? What I’m here for is to find my son and daughter, to talk them out of this divorce with me and their mom. Convince them that their father still loves them and I don’t want this divorce. Convince them that I could still show myself worthy for their love. Convince them that I love their mother so much.

 

                After six classes, it was already lunch time. I have my tray of food in my hands and most girls are smiling at me while scooting away to give me a seat. After I pass them, they give me dirty looks for ignoring them and some are still dazed. Maybe I’m still the ‘it’ boy of the school. I heard some students whispering and gossiping among themselves. “Taehun is so last year. Im Yoochun is the new one!” “I wonder if Kim Sori will change her boyfriend after she sees this Im Yoochun.” “Taehun is so busted! Yoochun kid is hot!”

 

                Who’s this Taehun kid? And what does Sori have to do with this? Sori has a boyfriend? I didn’t … know. I was scanning the whole cafeteria and the whole cafeteria was scanning as if I’m a celebrity in the campus. But I don’t need to be the ‘it’ boy right now. I was searching for there you are. “DongJun!” I screamed when I saw him sit in a table. The table was almost full before he sat with the crowd but then all of those who were sitting scooted away from the table leaving DongJun eating alone. He acted as if it happens all the time. I ran to the table and sat with him.

 

                “Hey big boy!” I smirked at him and raised my brow to give him an initiative that we’re friends. He looked at me confused and looked at his back like he didn’t know who I was talking to. “You talking to me?” he asked me like he was unsure. “Of course DongJun! Everybody would die to talk to you!” I smiled bigger to him and he seemed too dazed at what is happening. “But I’m a loser.” He said that like he was sure of it and he was warning me. I couldn’t believe what he just said. “What? Who told you that?” I was frustrated at what he said. He is so not my son! I mean, yes he is my son but … I was never like this, nowhere near a loser or saying I am a loser.

 

                I was waiting for an answer as he shamefully bit him sandwich. I caught a preview of what is happening in the cafeteria because the crowd went wild. Or, it’s just the people who went in the cafeteria are wild.  I saw a big handsome guy, but jerky looking, with a jock jacket and it looked like he was the kind of the place. He walked coolly towards a vacant table in the middle of the cafeteria just a few tables after us. Seeing the big bully of the school, he had a name on the jacket. It was Taehun. The name was glittering on the jacket and he couldn’t look cooler, but other than that, he just looked like a big handsome but air head guy. A complete stupid bully!

 

                Can you tell me why I’m not surprised that Sori was in his arms? Yes I was not shocked, but I was mad! Frustrated angry! “Taehun eh? What a !” my emotions caught my words. I don’t usually say such words but it was uncontrollable! I have never been mad ever since I was like 10 and that record was broken by no one but my own daughter! Taehun sat on the seat and he pulled Sori to his lap which was kind of … unexpected! The fires in my eyes were burning and I was so mad that my thought of its own and stood up. I walked to their table and the people were pounding on their tables and started shouting at us to fight.

 

                I stood up in front of them kissing each other in the middle of the cafeteria with all eyes on them. They still didn’t stop as if I wasn’t there. I punched Taehun so bad so that he could at least know my existence.   

 

Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                I was in the nurse’s office with DongJun after I got some small bruises and scratches. Taehun was in the hospital. He threw up like a baby when I punched his across the face. He was a cry baby after all, what a girl! The nurse was looking at my eyes only and it was awkward and DongJun has to help me just to get her away from me. She was like sniffing my scent and touching my face like we know each other. Dongjun couldn’t stop talking about random stuffs like he was just waiting for someone to pour all his words to. He said that I was the first one to talk to him and he said that I could be his best friend. I took the chance right away, with no hesitations.

 

                The next day, DongJun and I have been playing everytime we have time soccer and I could tell that he got some athletic built in him like me. I couldn’t say anything but awed. This is the first time I’ve spent real time with my son. I don’t know about Sori but Dongjun … I’m really having fun with you. Last night the gargle thing in me somewhat expired or something but I drank more this morning and I became young again.

 

                “Hey Yoochun … you want to go to my house?” That was what I waited for yesterday and now, “YES! Totally! I can’t wait to see _________!” I was too happy that I threw the ball above the boundary of the soccer field. “Whoops?” I embarrassedly smiled at DongJun. “You can’t wait to see __________? You mean my mom?” He asked like he was disgusted. “No … why would I be excited to see your mom. Psh! Yeah right!” I covered up my mistake and I was sweating. “Anyway, we gotta go. School’s out like minutes ago! I’m gonna go home. I’ll cook you something. My mom’s on a date.” He said.

 

                I could react right now but I was madly pissed at her. We’re still not yet divorced and she’s already dating someone? “Let’s go home early! It’s getting dark and the weather is so not nice!” I was hurrying up to pack my bags and cool myself again with a moisturizer spray. DongJun was still not moving and was looking at me weirdly. “Would you look up the sky and see if it’s a bad weather.” I looked up and the sun and beautifully setting but there was cool breeze. Just enough and right. “Why? The breeze is cold and the sun is hot. It’s a bad combination. It’ll get you sick!” I was hurrying by the minute so I pulled DongJun by the next and ordered him to fix his stuff because we’re using the sports car to go home. I mean to go to his home.

 

Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                “Good evening Mrs. Kim!” I grinned at her seductively like how I do when we we’re still both in love. She was wearing a short dress that actually looked very wholesome when she’s the one wearing it. Her hair was flowing on her shoulders and she looked wildly at me. Her best friend, Jessica, I never liked her. She was _________’s classmate since I don’t remember but we were all in the same school. Jessica never liked me. I was the hottest man of the school and she was the hottest girl of the school but we never liked each other. We hated each other! We feel like we’re both running to be the most famous in our university. I didn’t bother about her since she’s good to __________ but if she isn’t my wife’s best friend, I could have poured all the punch when we were in prom. She was nice to everyone … except me. I just … hated it.

 

                “You look exactly like my husband. My ex-husband.” She was so dazed at me and I was still smiling at her … how would you say it? erted? Yes! I just missed my wife so much! I saw Jessica at the side of _________ rolling her eyes at me. She looks much younger than her age but _________’s beauty was just timeless! “___________, I’m going first okay? I’ll be at the club! Be there early!”

 

                With that Jessica went away and I heard her car screech from the outside. I was still smiling like crazy on __________ and I was continuously raising my brows like I’m suggesting something. I could see DongJun face my look on his mother and I shook my head to wake me up. Dongjun was staring at me weirdly. “You know man, the school knows nothing about your weirdness. You creep me out! By the way, this is my mom. Mom, this is Im Yoochun. Uncle Junsu’s son. Dad never told us that Uncle Junsu had a son. Did dad tell you that? And Uncle Junsu even named his son after dad! It’s so funny!”

 

                “Junsu had a son. I didn’t know.” She wasn’t looking at Dongjun at all. When she saw me, she just stared at me confused. “I’ll get ready for my date, okay son? Go and play with Pineapp – I mean, go play with your new friend here.” She turned her head feeling uncertain of what she’s seeing. And then she went inside the living room. Dongjun left to go up stairs to his room to get some things to do and I … I followed my ily dressed wife.

 

                  She was in front of the mirror wall and she was closing her eyes. She was … dancing. She’s going to the club eh? With who? Her new boyfriend? Yeah right! Boyfriend my foot __________! Before you get to have him, you’re going to cancel our divorce first. She was humming to a song and she was waving her hips to it. I could say anything but “Damn.” Whoops, that went too loud. She opened she eyes and saw me. “Hi.” She timidly greeted and she bit her lips. Just when I was about to say something I heard I horn from the outside and she hurried away. “That’s my date!” She grabbed her things and went away.

 

                I ran up stairs to DongJun and saw him having troubles with play station wires. I pulled him by the collar and –

 

 Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                DongJun and I were scanning the whole club to search for __________. Among all women in the crowd, she was the only one who can shine brighter to my eyes. It was easy to look for her because she was glowing with beauty to my eyes. She was apparently alone. I saw Jessica was on the bar looking for a good drink and for some reason, her date isn’t there.  I looked at DongJun and I could tell that he had eyes on a classmate. I saw him talking to the same girl nervously about class project. “Go ahead.” I pushed him to the crowd’s direction and he clumsily blended in and I ran to _________.

 

                “Hey! Where’s your date?” I asked as I took a sip on her drink. She was still dazed at my face while I continue to sneer at her and raise my brows like how a erted man does. I don’t know how to say it but if you’re on the right age, you’re in love and you’re already married to that same person, there’s this new feeling you get to feel often when you’re with her.

 

                “He … uh … he’s sick. I told him to go home.” She explained like she was disappointed. Who would dare be sick in front of my wife and ditch her? What a douchebag! “Psh!” I scoffed at the thought. I was so mad because my wife puts on a y dress on just for that guy when her own husband barely sees her like this. Just when I was about to say something – I was interrupted again! Jessica sat in front of us with DongJun’s collar in her hands. “Look at what this Yoochun kid influences to DongJun!”

 

                But it was not only Jessica who interrupted me; the police. There were many of them and two came to our table. “Why are you minors here?” They were toughly looking at us as if to give a mad expression but I could tell that they are chickens. “SHE INVITED US HERE!” I pointed at Jessica and before she could give me a death glare and strangle me like the old times, I pulled _________ and Dongjun out and away!

 

 Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                We went to their home and _________ were scolding us like we’re her sons, well, Dongjun is. She was scolding us but I don’t feel scolded at all. Her innocent voice was shaking under her put on tough voice. It doesn’t suit her to be mad. She’s always that cute and naïve girl I loved. “Dongjun, get up stairs. I have to talk with your new friend here.” Dongjun seemed scared for me. Uncertain, he went up stairs still looking at me and his mom. This best friend meeting his mom thing, he didn’t think it went well … for me it is. I get to see my wife in a shirt dress, I don’t get to see her date somebody else and I’m getting to a point I goaled for.

 

              “I heard that my … husband sleeps under your father’s roof. Is he – alright?” She asked like she cared about me, does she really? “Yoochun shi? Um, he doesn’t do anything but work and stare at his family picture. He always says that he misses his family so much and he also says that you don’t let him show his love for his family. Even though he always says these things, he most often says that he loves his family so much, he’s just not given a chance.”

 

                “One thing he said he regrets the most, loving you too much. He said that the divorce papers were hard to sign. Not because he’s already old and shaking or he’s become a lazy man or he just doesn’t want to divide away from you. He said that he could sign all divorce papers between the two of you if he knows that he doesn’t love you anymore. But never can he sign those divorce papers that you forced onto him because he still loves you and doesn’t want you to be the one to say ‘this is enough and I’m leaving you’.”

 

                I was on my third sentence when she broke down into cries. I told her that like I didn’t care about her husband’s love life but really, tears brim on eyes. But she was no better. She cried like a baby. “Can you go home and tell Yoochun to take care? But don’t tell him it came from me.” she did a good job in saying a complete sentence without faltering her words. I nodded as if she could see me. Her hands covered her face and it was a good chance to cry. I stood up and went outside so fast and I ran to my car.

 

Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞Θ∞

 

                The next morning was the last day of the divorce papers. I signed it because I could tell that even though she still loves me, she would hate to still have me as her husband. It really is harder to know that you love someone and you’re attached to that person because you’re married and you’re always waiting for him to come home, than loving someone but you don’t have any relationship with him and so you don’t wait for him every night even though you know he’s never coming home.

 

                The doorbell rang and I had a whole sandwich in my mouth. I was that 40 year old man again and I thought that today would be the first day to really suffer in pain. I heard a doorbell and I know that Junsu was still sleeping because I caught him still awake last night working with no other than chemicals. I ran to the door with the sandwich still in the process to get swallowed. Just when I opened the door –

 

                “Don’t sign those damn papers.”