PROLOGUE

Time Traveller

 

Sungjong pursed his lips.

"You can’t do this.”

The boy watched as the other was quickly packing a backpack full of necessities that he thought he was going to need. It was ridiculous. There was rules against this type of abandonment, there was rules against everything he was about to do. But the other boy just continued to pack, ignoring words from his friend beside him.

“Myungsoo. I’m serious now. You’ll get in trouble.” He repeated, but Myungsoo continued to ignore him. Groaning, he rushed over and clamped a hand around the other’s wrist. “Myungsoo.”

The other finally turned and sighed.

“Look, Sungjong, I can’t stay here any longer.” Myungsoo explained, staring Sungjong straight in the eyes with a hard gaze. His expression held all of his thoughts. It held that he wasn’t going to suddenly stop what he was doing.

And sadly, the younger knew that.

Sighing, he looked at Myungsoo before gritting his teeth. Releasing the other’s arm, Sungjong pursed his lips.

“Where do you plan on going?” he wondered.

“…A couple hundred years back…” Myungsoo whispered, playing with the zip on the bag he was currently filling. He knew what was coming after he had confessed what exactly he was planning on doing.

There was silence. That was until Sungjong hit the other hard.

“Why are you even going?” he asked, trying to forget about where the other wanted to go.

“Because I’m sick and tired of being stuck in a place that all I do is follow orders and ing sit around bored all day!” Myungsoo shouted, slamming the bag on the table before he turned around. “Here… in this time… there’s nothing for me here.” He whispered, gritting his teeth. All he did was sit around waiting for his parents to tell him to do something. “And simply because, I have the technology to do so, I’m going back to an era that is much more interesting than this boring ol’ one.”

Sungjong shook his head. Folding his arms across his chest, he moved over to Myungsoo looking completely unconvinced.

“Myungsoo. Your parents would never allow it.” He reminded the boy, but the other just shrugged.

“They can’t control my life forever.”

With that, Myungsoo moved out of the room with the bag over his shoulder before aiming for his own bedroom. Sungjong was following closely behind, not really wanting to leave his friend alone at this moment.

After all, he was going crazy. Out of his mind.

When he got to his room, Myungsoo placed the bag on his bed before moving to his cupboard.

“Now, considering the era is a very fashionable one – I need to look the part.” He whispered, mostly to himself but he knew Sungjong was there and was probably wondered what he was doing. “Now… where are those jeans…”

Finally, after ten excruciating minutes – for Sungjong at least – Myungsoo appeared out of the bathroom with a smile.

He pointed to himself and smirked.

“What do you think?”

The younger boy stared at Myungsoo’s choice of clothes, trying to figure out what year the other was planning on going back to. He was wearing tight leather jeans – something that always hung at the back of the closet for obvious reasons – and a white V-neck with a black waistcoat over it. The shoes of choice were Myungsoo’s favourite military boots.

“Where are you going exactly?” Sungjong wondered. His friend was looking particularly handsome, he had to admit – especially with his hair gelled up and some dark eye makeup around his eyes – but he still didn’t know which era the other was talking about.

Myungsoo smiled before rushing over to collect his hi-tech phone and camera.

“To the 21st century.” He said, smirking. His friend sighed because he should’ve guessed that.

Myungsoo was obsessed with the 21st century. It was the 25th now, and according to his older friend, the 21st century was just better in every aspect.

Fashion. Music. Culture. People.

And his dream was to go there, to travel back in time. Especially because his parents are scientists, he had the means to do so. With his dad’s time travelling machine.

Sungjong knew he couldn’t do anything to stop him now.

“Just… be careful okay.” He whispered, and Myungsoo chuckled.

“I’ll be fine.”

Myungsoo grabbed the bag, slinging it over his shoulder before he jogged to the room where the machine was. Moving in, he smirked when he saw it before he quickly got it ready.

Turning around, he waved at Sungjong before stepping in.

Time to go four hundred years back in time.


A/N: A short prologue for you all... hehe