In Where Yi Fan is an Idiot

First Meeting Gone Wrong

Distance mean so little when someones means so much. After all the best things in the world cannot be seen or touched, but rather felt. Despite the warning from his parents and the media, Tao had felt into temptation and had accept a friend request from a complete stranger. It started with a, hey and slowly had developed to a I want to meet you. Tao should have know that it was dangerous to comply to the stranger, but he needed this. He wanted to meet him as well. 

 

The loud robotic sound of his phone alert him that he had gotten a message. Reminding himself that his parents were in front of him he tried to be as calm as he could as he picked up his phone to check the latest message.

 

Good Morning Beautiful
 


Zitao had to hold the urge to squealed from being called beautiful. His parents were right in front of him and this would only trouble his plans. He quickly replied to him to him, It's 10 at night idiot and I am not beautiful. I am handsome and you don’t even know how I look. And quickly put his phone away.

 

Tao’s parents only looked at him weird but continue talking as they drank their coffee. Tao knew that if his parents knew what he was doing he was going to be grounded and his phone and internet privileges were going to be taken away. 

 

He almost had a heart attack when the phone rang once again and his mother gave him a disapproving look.

 

“Put it away Zitao. Its family time. Next time I am going to take it away.”

 

Tao simple nodded and replied with a simple, “I understand mother.” 
 


Tao had to wait a while before he could reply. His mother and father liked to have what they called family time, but they never once talked to him during it. It seemed that to them family time meant looking at each other’s face for a whole hour until they were tired and called it a night. 
 


Tao was excused and quickly ran upstairs making sure his door was locked before he punched his password and looked at the text message.
 


I might not know how you look, but to me you are already beautiful. Sweet dreams my Kung Fu Panda, Dream of me.
 


Tao couldn’t even remember when they had began this relationship. He was just playing one of those online games when a user, AngryDragon send him a friend request. He debated for a few minutes to see if it was the right thing to do, but after of while he clicked the accept button. It didn’t last long before the stranger send him a private message with a simple hey and Tao quickly closed out the browser not knowing what to do. He didn’t go back to the game until his friends from school begged him to come back. When he logged back in, the screen showed that he had five more messages. 

 

Did you just ignored me?

 

I am sorry I scared you, but you are a good player. Want to play together?

 

You haven’t logged in at all.

 

Did I scared you away?

 

Sorry I’ll leave you alone.

 

Tao didn’t know why but he replied to him with a simple, I was sick sorry. Technically he wasn’t sick, but he was nervous. He didn’t know if AngryDragon was a e in search of young boys. Or what if he was a killer and Tao was his next victim. Tao promised himself he was going to play it safe with this stranger. After all, he was hiding behind the computer screen. 

 

They began playing together. They actually formed a good team together, but Tao not once did he give him personal information or send him pictures of himself. The stranger didn’t give him anything apart from “I am from Canada, but I was born in China.” And Tao now understood why the Canadian-Chinese guy only spent a little time playing. They were in complete different time-zones. While it was morning for Tao it was night for the him.

 

They talked through the game for almost a year until Wu Yi Fan gave him his number and name. Tao was freaked out. Sure he had talked to Yi Fan for months and he almost gave into temptation to do the same, but he needed to resist. 

 

A week later after Yi Fan gave him his personal information Tao send him him a text message from his phone. This KungFuPanda, my name is Zitao.

 

Tao smiled as he remember how his relationship with his boyfriend had developed. He knew that most people didn’t believe that a relationship like theirs didn’t have a future, but he believed otherwise. He knew that what he felt for the other was true. They only had one obstacle— to meet each other. 

 

They had talked to each other and they knew each other’s voice, but they both wanted to keep their appearance a secret. They had promised that during the holidays Yi Fan was going to travel to China and they were going to agree meet. Tao was still young and his parents wouldn’t permit a seventeen year old to travel alone to Canada when he didn’t know a word of English apart from, Where is the bathroom?

 

His phone rang again and Tao picked it up.

 

I love you Zitao. 13 more days.

 

Tao smiled and looked at the calendar. He was right. Thirteen more days and he could finally meet Yi Fan.

 

I love you more, Zitao replied back before he fell asleep.
 


The thirteen days passed by in a blur. Tao had woke up early to make sure he looked his best. He impatiently tapped his fingers on the table. Tao looked around and looked at everyone. The small cafe that they had made plans to meet was almost empty apart from the teenage girls laughing a few tables down.

 

Tao was a mess. He was nervous and his tummy was making weird sounds. He looked at his watch and noticed that Yi Fan was late. He was tempted to take his phone and began bombarding him with text on his whereabouts, but that would make him seem desperate.


 

Zitao’s nervousness was replaced by disappointment. Yi Fan hadn’t arrived yet and it was ten to five. They had promised they would meet by four. He looked around getting up hoping he would see someone, but not one single male entered the cafe.
 


When Tao was about to get up the door’s bell rang making him look up. The stranger made eye contact with him and smile. Was that Yi Fan? Tao asked himself. The stranger was not alone a shorter male was with him.

 

They both walked towards Zitao and looked at him closely. Tao didn’t missed when the shorter male glared at him, but ignored it.

 

“ZItao?” The taller blonde male asked and Tao only nodded. “I am Yi Fan.” The taller male told him.

 

Tao didn’t know what to do. The male was just looking at him. Wasn’t he supposed to get a hug? Maybe even a kiss? Tao just looked at him waiting for something. All those things he said he was going to do never happen. Yi Fan just looked at him awkwardly. Tao was about to ask him how his flight went when the shorter male began talking, taking Yi Fan’s attention from him.

 

“Kris I am hungry. Lets go eat.” But Tao didn’t understand a single word what they said. Kris? Didn’t he say his name was Yi Fan? Why were they speaking English when he didn’t understand. He shifted his weight awkwardly waiting for Yi Fan to noticed him, but the taller male was way too focused on the other one. He noticed how the shorter male grabbed his boyfriend’s hand, but the male made no effort of releasing it. Not even because he was there. 

 

It hurt. There was no way seventeen year old Zitao could describe it. It might have been jealously, but Tao’s heart broke when Yi Fan only told him to follow them and continue walking with the boy’s hand on his ignoring him. Tao watched as they both walked out of the cafe not even bothering to look back if Zitao was following.
 


Tao took the opportunity they were ignoring him and walked towards his parent’s car that was waiting for him and told the driver to take him home. The driver nodded and took off. Zitao turned back to see if he had noticed he left, but saw his boyfriend walking without noticing his absence.

 

Once he arrived home he quickly ran to his room shocking his mother as he slammed the door closed. Tao didn’t care he was a boy. He sobbed quietly, hugging his pillows. He was so engross on crying he didn’t notice when his mother entered his room and made her way to his bed.

 

“What’s wrong my son?” She asked him as she ran her hand through his blonde hair. Zitao quickly cleaned his face and told her it was nothing. “Zitao I am your mother. Don’t you think I don’t noticed when my son is crying when just a few days ago he was up in cloud nine? Tell me my son.”

 

Zitao didn’t even debate the outcomes if he told his mother and broke down crying again, hugging her. “It was a lie mom. I thought he really did love me. I should have know that to him it was just a game. He didn’t notice when I left. He lied to me.”

 

“Who lied to you?”

 

“Yi Fan”

 

“I don’t know him.” She answer.

 

“He is from Canada.”

 

“Did he physically harmed you?” Tao shocked his head and continue hugging his mother. It didn’t take long before he fell asleep on his mother’s embrace.

 

Zitao was grounded for risking himself without his mother’s permission. His phone, games, and laptop were taken away. He didn’t really care. Once those things had meant a lot to him, they were used to contact Yi Fan but he knew he wouldn't be needed them anymore. What ever he had with Yi Fan it was over. 

 

Just like that the holidays were over and his belongings were returned. His cellphone had gotten discharged so he had to wait a few minutes before he could turn it on. He did his homework and did a few hours of Wushu and when he finally had time to check his phone it was already late at night

 

78 Text Messages

 

108 Missed Calls

 

They were all from Yi Fan. Tao knew that he would get in trouble if he respond to any of them so he simply cleared them all out and erasing Yi Fan from his contact list. He didn’t want to have anything to do with him. He unfriend him and simply tried to forget that this had broken his heart. 
 


Tao focused on school and on his wushu to get Yi Fan out of his mind. He even joined clubs after school so he wouldn't have time to think of him. He wanted to fool himself. He wanted to believe that whatever he had with Yi Fan wasn’t so memorable and didn’t leave him broken, but sometimes at night when everyone was sleeping Zitao cried for a boy that didn’t care about him.

 




Throwing his phone against the wall he cursed for being so ing stupid. He sat on the floor as a few tears were shed. He messed up and now he couldn’t even contact him. Zitao had probably changed his phone number and his username. He should have know that Zitao would have been hurt. He was ing late and even took Yixing with him on his first date. How else would Zitao take it? He still remember how he freaked out once he turned back to ask Zitao what he wanted to eat, but he was no longer there? He tried contacting him but he didn’t answer.

 

Yixing had told him to move on, that Zitao wasn’t worth it, but he was wrong. Zitao was worth it. He practically just lost the sweetest boy in the world. He picked up the phone and was tempted to call the number once again, but his phone was broken unable to turn on the screen. 

 

Yi Fan still couldn’t take Zitao out of his mind. He was gorgeous. Those mysterious cat-like eyes and his bow-like lips and don’t let him start on his body. He tried to remember anything Tao had told him, maybe he could find him.

 

He quickly logged in his game’s account and looked up his messages. He scan through many messages until he found the one that was going to help him, “I am still in school. Its a private school, but is humongous; the biggest school in the city.”

 

The biggest private school in the city wasn’t so hard to find. The hard part was getting inside. Sure he was still some what young, but he didn’t have a uniform and security checked for ID’s. He would have to wait until Zitao walked out of the school to talk to him. To explain that this was all just big fat misunderstanding. That Yixing was a friend, not anything else. That he meant when he said. He loved him.

 

Yi Fan waited hours until he spotted the blonde, tall male walking ignoring everything as he walked. Yi Fan quickly walked behind him and grabbed his hands and pulled him into an alley.

 

Tao yelled and squirmed as he tried to get free from his captor, but when he looked at the person who is holding him. His eyes darken and he glared at him. Yi Fan didn’t like the fact that his eyes were so cold.

 

“Let me go Yi Fan or is it Kris?” Tao’s voice quivered as he tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to spill.

 

“For you its Yi Fan. Now stop fighting me and let me explain dammit.” It wasn’t his intention to yell at the teenager, but he was making so difficult for him to explain. The damaged was done and the tears Tao had been fighting so hard began to pour down his face.

 

Yi Fan tried and struggled to wrap his arms around the boy, but Tao was still squirming around. Tired of this Yi Fan quickly turned the boy around and slammed his lips on Tao’s making him stop moving. Slowly Yi Fan began to move his lips slowly against Zitao’s who remain still. 

 

Yi Fan was worried until he felt Zitao respond to the kiss. His lips moving softly and timidly. Yi Fan slowly loosen his hold on him and brought Tao’s body closer to his. When Yi Fan pulled away he smiled as he saw that Tao’s eyes were still closed and his lips were red and swollen. He looked cute — correction, he was cute. When Zitao opens his eyes he noticed they were glassy and filled with innocence and sincerity.

 

“Let me explain over lunch. How does pizza sound?” Yi Fan tries, because he knows that he cannot force Tao to listen to him.

 

Zitao doesn’t talk to him, so Yi Fan assumes he agrees and grabs his hand and interlocks their fingers. Once inside the pizza place Yi Fan noticed that Zitao’s eye bags had gotten a little big making him look more adorable that he was already.

 

“Look I am sorry for putting aside and ignoring you. Its just that Yixing is my friend since I was little nervous coming here. I didn’t know if you were going to like me. I asked Yixing to go home, but he refused. I never expected for you to walk away. I am sorry I hurt your feelings and for not apologizing sooner.”

 

The pizza arrived, but still Tao didn’t eat. The tears continue falling down Tao’s eyes. Yi Fan felt awful. He didn’t realized that Tao was this young. Sure, he knew that he was still in high school, but the way he acted made him realized that he was still childish. A young boy who was easily broken.

 

After urging him to eat, Zitao took a piece and ate slowly not bothering to look at Yi Fan. When they were done Zitao simply picked up his bag and tried to leave, but Yi Fan stopped him again.

 

“I meant what I said Zitao. I love you and I am sorry that our first encounter didn’t go as plan. I know I am an idiot and often don’t know what to do. I don’t treat you or anyone that means a lot to me fairly and maybe we should just walk away.” It hurt Yi Fan to admit that he was late. His apology didn’t have the same effect. “Good luck Zitao.” 

 

Yi Fan turned around and began to walk when he felt someone tug his arm back.

 

“Don’t go.” His voice was so soft he looked at him to make sure it was Zitao who had spoke.

 

“Why? You don’t want to talk to me or even look at me. How are we going to get through this?”

 

After he finished Zitao launched himself to his arms and cried blabbering nonsense he couldn’t understand. He let Zitao cried in his arms and he wrapped his arms around him. Even when Zitao was crying in his arms he couldn’t help but to smile on how Zitao fitted so well in his arms. Like they were made for each other.

 

Zitao’s shoulder stopped moving and he moved his head making eye contact with Yi Fan. Slowly Yi Fan leaned down and captured those lips that had haunted him for weeks. When they parted Zitao open his eyes and Yi Fan swore he could see a peak of heaven through them. 

 

“Let’s go home. I heard there is some rain predicted today.”

 

Zitao for some reason thought that Yi Fan was going to take him back to his house, but when the elder open the door to his car he was in a unknown place. The house was way smaller than his, but still beautiful.

 

It was Yi Fan’s house. He invited Tao in and asked him to go to his room that they were going to have a heart-to-heart talk. Zitao took of his shoes and his jacket and sat straight.

 

“Are you always like this?” Yi Fan finally asked. “Even in your text messages you still sound so well-manner.”

 

“I was taught to be like this. My parents are important people and if I am involved in a scandal because I was disrespectful I will disappoint them. Does the way I talk and behave bother you?” Yi Fan cursed once again for being so stupid with the way he said things.

 

“Not at all. Is just that I want you to be yourself. I want you to tell me all I did wrong. I want to hear it from you. Curse me if its necessary.”

 

It took a while, but Tao finally spoke up.“You were late and ignored me. You didn’t even noticed when I was gone because you were cozy with your friend. You made me believe that whatever I thought we were having was nothing more than just a fantasy.You hurt me.” The last part came out as a broken whisper.

 

Yi Fan looked at Tao as he tried to stop himself from crying but was failing miserably. He hated himself for hurting the boy and he was going to show him that he deserved a second chance.

 

“Zitao I am sorry for hurting you. I am sorry to make you doubt my love for you but I cannot do anything to go back and fix that. I honestly love you. You looking like this is just a bonus because honestly you are gorgeous. I am in love with your heart. I know the real you Zitao. If you give me a chance maybe we can start all over again. I have transferred to the university here. We can go out during the weekends and maybe you can even attend the same university as me once you graduate high school.

 

I know I am asking too much and maybe I am moving too fast, but I really, really like you.— heck I am so in love with you. If everything goes as plan I will take you back with me to Canada, where we will get married someday. It might be a few months from now or even years, but you are damn worth it Zitao. Let me be there for you. Let me be your boyfriend?”

 

Zitao just stood there. He blinked constantly and shook his head rapidly and continue blinking. It was adorable. There was no way Yi Fan was going to say otherwise. This boy would be his world. Yi Fan watched as Zitao pinched himself making sure he was not dreaming.

 

“Do you really like me that much?” He asked.

 

“No,” He began and he saw Zitao’s expression change. “I am in love with you.” He grabbed Zitao by the chin and slowly started to leaned forward. Zitao slowly closed his eyes as Yi Fan’s lips touched his in a soft, but meaningful kiss.


A/N unbeta so sorry for all the mistakes you find.