Chapter FIFTEEN

소리 발전 Solibaljeon {Hallyu Sound Evolution} | SM Entertainment's New Girlgroup

Chapter Fifthteen

Nine Girls on their Way to Hallyu Stardom

 

HOME | NEWS | GALLERY | RECAP | EXCLUSIVE | FORUMS | SHOP |                                       language | français | español | português | العربيةاة
 

Solibaljeon Reveals New Comeback MV

Suzy Shows Her Support for GOT7 with a Beautiful Selca

 

Fans Rejoice!

This morning, SM Entertainment finally revealed the long waited comeback to Solibaljeon's return. Late of last year, Solibaljeon was put on indefinite hiatus when Lead Dancer Aimee was admitted to the hospital due to a case of mild poison.

After what seemed like months and the debut of label mates Red Velvet, the girls of Solibaljeon are back early this year with a concept that is totally different from their original. Shedding their funky, electro images, the nine girls of Solibaljeon turn into sweet, classy ladies in their newest comeback.

"Luv" is a throwback track similar in theory to their debut track "What Should I Do". Despite the glossy production and funky dance breaks, the girls are singing about lost love, rather than their cheery lyrics in their debut song.

Showing a new side of themselves lyrically, Solibaljeon members remember time spent with their ex-lovers and the safety felt with them while wondering if they reminisce over such feelings as well. Melody-wise, "Luv" has a brightness to it with a hint of melancholy in the girls' voices.

It's also revealed that Beast's Yong Junhyung composed the song. Label mates EXO and SHINee also feature in the MV as 'faceless' lovers.

Check out their music video  and let us know what you think. Was it a good choice for Solibaljeon to change their concept?

 

 

 SMent    Solibaljeon    MV    Comeback 

GodessGyuri

It's finally been months and SM finally gives them a comeback! I guess I'm one of the few fans that really like Solibaljeon. I was counting the months till their return. They're such an underrated group that's it's so unfair. That aside, their comeback song is LOVE.

majarilyn

These girls are so talented but SM gives them a weak debut song and then flings them to the side and debut another group? Poor girls. Poor poor girls. Somehow they remind me of f(x) with their poor management despite being in one of the big 3 companies.

Anyway, I like this concept. I can see SNSD pulling this off but since the girls in Solibaljeon are younger and more youthful, I think this is the perfect concept for them. It's not overtly cute but it's chic and classy.

Namixsuho

If these girls lack new fans or gain antis, I swear imma punch a bish.

THIS COMEBACK IS FLAWLESS.

Snoweflakes

Sori must have been awkward with this comeback. But regardless, she looks splendid~

Ah, these girls look flawless. They've changed a lot from their debut song though.

Soshi9

I know other groups who can pull off this concept better. These girls are just wannabe SNSD's that's why they've changed concepts because they know their first style was a flop. SNSD could've done more justice to this song.

 



 

 

"Wow! Solibaljeon made a strong comeback this year!" An excited male idol called out. Sitting in front of the TV, he grinned. "Noona looks so pretty. Right, hyung?"

 

"Of course she does. Let's not forget the younger girls as well." An older male nodded. "And Sori-ssi isn't as bad as you think."

 

"Don't encourage the boy Byunghee," Another male, presumably the leader, stated as he looked up from his phone. "Cheolyong-ah, did you mess with Seulyong-ah after the performance the other day?"

 

"W-who told you Seungho-hyung!?" Bang Cheolyong, otherwise known as Mir, said in horror. He looked towards the two older males and bit his bottom lip. "Did Dongwoon tell you? Because I swore it was just harmless teasing with Seulyong-noona."

 

"Aha!" Yang Seungho called out, snapping his fingers. A wicked smile graced MBLAQ's leader's face. "You and Dongwoon equals trouble!"

 

Jung Byunghee, known as G.O, shook his head side to side, a smile gracing his lips. "Junhyung was telling me that Seulyong-ah likes younger guys. Dongwoon probably told Mireu and the two maknaes thought of teasing her."

 

"True." Seungho nodded. "Seulyong-ah has been one of the few noonas, apart from his sister, that he likes. She has trained with Beast for the longest and we often run into her during schedules."

 

"And when we go visit Beast during their dance rehearsals." G.O putted in, messing with his phone. "She's everywhere now."

 

The members of MBLAQ were enjoying leisurely time off from their ever constant schedules. Despite that former members Joon and Cheondeong left, the three members of MBLAQ has been kept busy with musicals, to Immortal Songs 2, to MCing Variety shows. And although the two former members had left the group, the men all kept a tight friendship.

 

Mir frowned, not because of his hyung's teasing. Of course the male idol did mess around with Solibaljeon's leader with the Beast maknae from time to time. It wasn't a bad thing. On the contrary, Seulyong was laughing and playing with them. She was a noona that knew both MBLAQ and Beast prior to her debut so she wasn't as awkward to the groups compared to the other members.

 

It wasn't as if Mir was in love with the quirky leader or anything. Don't get him wrong, he liked Seulyong but it wasn't as if she was a romantic interest or anything. He couldn't like Seulyong since she was already dating Doojoon. MBLAQ didn't have to ask; they knew right off the bat when the two '89-ers hit it off.

 

And like the good friends they are, despite the temptation to tell, they kept their lips sealed. Otherwise Seulyong and Doojoon would impale someone with something sharp.

 

It wasn't Seulyong that kept Mir interested in Solibaljeon. It was their Chinese member Tiao Ning that made him Solibaljeon's fan-dol. His gorgeous girlfriend.

 

It came as a surprise when Tiao Ning admitted she was accepted as a member of the group. Mir was definitely excited that she was going to be a fellow idol but somehow felt conflicted at the same time. Tiao Ning was going to be an idol just like he was. It was going to be hard to date her in public but he always made sure to send her a text every morning and night and take her on secret dates. He was careful of their relationship since idols dating publicly was a touchy subject for some fans. If Seulyong and Doojoon could keep their relationship a secret from everyone for four years, so could he.

 

Sweet, adorable Tiao Ning... He was so infatuated with her. He wanted to run his fingers through her long dark locks, feel her lips...

 

"Come on in!" Seungho called out from the kitchen, snapping Mir from his daydream. "You know the passcode!"

 

"Hyung! What if it's a burglar?!" Mir called out, bounding on to his feet. "That was an invitation to us getting our stuff stolen! Even worse, we might get killed! Oh mom, I'm so so sorry if your son-"

 

"Really? So you don't mind if I Doobong and I decide to go with Operation Impale?" A hushed voiced said next to him.

 

"Omona!" Mir turned around to see Seulyong cackling like an idiot. "Noona!"

 

Beast's Doojoon, Solibaljeon's Seulyong and Sori had decided to pay a visit to the MBLAQ household. The other girls of Solibaljeon were in the van, claiming that they weren't very close to MBLAQ and that they'd rather stay in the vehicle. Because they were still rookies, Doojoon and MBLAQ thought it would be fun to take the girls out once and awhile from all that couped up stress and exertion. Not to mention, they needed to meet other idols once in awhile.

 

"Mian, Cheolyong-ah. Payback for the other day." Seulyong called out, sticking out her tongue.

 

"Calm down children." Doojoon hushed the two bickering idols. "Seulyong-ah, I didn't bring you out so you can harass the poor boy."

 

"I know..." The female frowned. Looking up at Doojoon, she raised an eyebrow. "Why did you call me out?"

 

"The girls are still in the van right?" Doojoon asked, Seulyong nodding. "Let's go drinking then. With our MBLAQ buddies."

 

"Yah, Doobong," Seulyong waved a finger at him. "We have underaged members-"

 

"I say let them drink." Sori muttered, throwing an arm around the female leader. "You, my friend, are too winded up. Look, you got knots in your shoulders. Relax. Besides this gives me a chance to ignore everyone."

 

"You can never ignore me, Sori-noona!" Mir called out, happily throwing on a jacket.

 

"Hush you very tall pole." Sori retorted.

 

"But-"

 

"No buts!" G.O called out, flinging on a blazer jacket. "Let's go!"

 

 


 

"One shot! Take it!"

 

"Seulyong-ah, don't you think that's enough? This is like your fourth bottle of soju!"

 

"I don't careeeeeee~"

 

"Ahjumma! One more bottle of soju please!"

 

"Sori-ssi, your going just as crazy as Seulyong. Calm down."

 

"Andwae! Take another one sunbae!"

 

Beast's Doojoon, Junhyung, Kikwang and Yoseob, along with the three members of MBLAQ, crowded around the two older Solibaljeon females as they tried to calm them down. Shot after shot, Seulyong and Sori managed to knock out four bottles of soju by themselves. The boys couldn't even drink themselves, wary that the two girls would cause trouble. The way Doojoon and Seungho saw it (and they weren't worried in the least), the two older females were just drinking shot after shot, casually talking about their recent comeback. The other boys weren't taking chances; G.O kept hiding the three shot glasses that Sori kept to herself in his lap. Junhyung and Kikwang each ended up taking a turn to drink out of Seulyong's glass as soon as she poured one for herself.

 

"The unnies are crazy aren't they?" Bara asked the remaining seven members as they sat a bit further from the crazy table. On Seungho's and Doojoon's request, the restaurant they inhabited publicly closed early so that a private idol party could take place, only because the two men knew the owner so well.

 

Sipping on her second glass of soju, Hotaru looked up at the table full of crazies. She shook her head and lightly chuckled as she saw the insane Solibaljeon leader flip off Junhyung and grabbed his coke, downing the whole can since he took her shot. "Only when they're drinking."

 

"I never imagined the unnies drinking like that." Tiao Ning raised an eyebrow before lifting her cup of tea to her lips. She didn't want to drink anything with alcohol since it reminded her too much of her deceased brother. Not to mention Mir was comfortably sitting next to her, so she did not want to get drunk and accidentally blurt out her secret. "Seul-unnie I could imagine but I didn't know Sori could keep up."

 

"Blehhh." Bara coughed out. She shuddered and placed her cup down. "I know I have a high alcohol tolerance level but who drinks this stuff? This is nasty."

 

"Those two does." Yoseob wholeheartedly chuckled as he sat across from her and offered her something to snack on. "Even if you have a high tolerance, it doesn't make you a good drinker. Those two crazies over there are what you call drinkers."

 

"I see..." Bara nodded. "That explains a lot."

 

"Hyehyun-ssi, you're not drinking? You don't like alcohol?" Mir asked, as he poured a cup of tea for Tiao Ning, Sumin, and Aimee. The three girls opted out of drinking alcohol since they didn't handle it very well.

 

"It's not that I don't like alcohol." Hyehyun shrugged, lightly tapping on the can of coke that was in front of her. "It's more like once those two idiot unnies are drunk, I gotta make sure they take a cab. 'Cause I'm not no designated driver."

 

"Why doesn't Yuntue-ssi drive them home?" Yoseob asked, sipping his beer.

 

"Oh no no no no no." Yuntue blurted out with her hands shaking in front of her. "You'd think I want to hear the stupid things they say? They may be my unnies but I'm not handling them when they're drunk. Especially Sori. All she goes on and on about is 'Zico this, Zico that, Yunnie why don't you call Zico up'. No thank you."

 

"Ahaha! She's been bothering you about that lately." Bara laughed, placing snacks on Hotaru's and Sumin's plates.

 

"Typical Sori." Hotaru muttered, nibbling on the snack that Bara just gave her.

 

"They look fine to me..." Sumin muttered as she took a sip of her tea. Sumin was really weak against alcohol. She could take a shot or two but if she ended up drunk then she'd be all giggly and happy, and that wasn't something she'd like her members to see.

 

"That's what it looks like Sumin-unnie," Aimee started as she leaned towards the main vocalist. "But if you look REALLY closely, Seul-unnie is flirting with Doojoon-sunbaenim."

 

Seulyong was in fact flirting with the Beast leader. But she also flirted with the other guys as well. Sumin raised her eyebrows. "Isn't she always flirting with someone?"

 

Everyone at the table acknowledged it with a nod. Tiao Ning giggled. "That's true."

 

"And Sori is just Sori." Aimee finished, handing her cup for Mir to pour more tea. "Words cannot describe her."

 

The girls just nodded.

 


 

Seulyong sighed as she and Sori watched their younger members pass out one by one. Everyone else had assumed that the leader and lead rapper would knock out but Seulyong and Sori had long sobered up. They sat in rambunctious noise and carefully watching the younger girls.

 

"Hyehyun is the only one left standing." Sori nudged Seulyong. It was rather true. Hyehyun was happily sipping her soda as she talked on the phone, rather oblivious to the light snoring of her group mates and the loud booming noises of men at the other table. "She's talking to Suho, I bet."

 

"Maybe. Maybe not." Seulyong shrugged her shoulder, her cup long replaced by mineral water. Doojoon had fallen asleep and was comfortably making Seulyong's lap as a pillow. She lightly pushed his hair from his forehead and gave Sori a small smile. "I can't stop the girls from liking anyone. It's their life."

 

"I know... But our dating ban is different from the others in our company." Sori scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Stupid 'No dating unless it's within the company'. Like I really want to go out with anyone from the company."

 

"Be careful for what you wish for Sori. It might happen." Seulyong chuckled, Doojoon's hair. "You never know... you might fall for Sehun or something."

 

"Uh no. Sehun is too...annoying for my case." Sori rolled her eyes. Seulyong had to laugh at the sheer absurdity of it if it was ever true. "That diva... If only it was someone from outside the company. I really want to see YunCo happen."

 

"YunCo?" Seulyong questioned at the odd ship name.

 

"Yuntue and Zico." Sori clarified, laughing all the while. The men paid no attention to the girls as they talked amongst themselves. "Or does ZiTue sound better?"

 

"That sounds even weirder haha." The leader giggled. "Even if the girls do start liking anyone or start dating, I hope they do console me. It's not like I'm going to go all crazy on them, I just want them to know that I'll be there for emotional support. I just want them to know their responsibilities as well. And make sure don't they get caught."

 

"Like you, oh great Solibaljeon leader?" Sori playfully asked.

 

"Is it obvious?"

 

Sori patted her friend's back. "Only me and Bara found out. But our lips are sealed. Besides, your doing an a-ok job at balancing idol life and your love life. I just can't believe it's Yoon Leader that you're dating."

"What can I say? I love his thigh muscles, his erse mind and his goofiness. Beside... Yoon Doojoon is perfect in my eyes." Seulyong chuckled at the silliness of her words. "And that's why I love him."

"Blehh... You are way too cheesy for my taste. Back off woman before I get the Seulyong cooties all over me." Sori lightly pushed her friend away. "But I hope one day the girls all find someone they really like."

"Not just them, Sori. You too." Seulyong putted in, looking at each and every Solibaljeon member. To Sumin slowly getting up to use the restroom, to Yuntue stirring in her sleep, to Hyehyun still on the phone, Seulyong had a small smile on her face. It was a happy one yet it held a sadness to it as well. "But I hope you and the girls don't look for love yet. I still want to take care of these kids of mines."

authors' note

Hello lovelies~
Another chapter from me~ I know I promised one earlier but I was quite busy with work. But I hope this meets your standards and made you happy.
I've finally included MBLAQ! Geez before you know it, this fic is going to be flooding with idols!
Look at that Seulyong and Sori bonding time. And the girls drinking? Darn these unnies that are drunks lol.
Anyway, I hope you lovelies enjoy this chapter!

Color coded lyrics to LUV are here~ http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/981905

~Linda