murder? Second life? Sorry....

Sorry, Sorry

 

Hi every one... here's the oneshot..

I hope you would enjoy reading this just like me..

I requested this oneshot to The La La Land :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kim Hani watched as his boyfriend for five years, Lee Sungmin, interacted with other girls. She could only watch in jealousy as he treats them like girlfriends, too. He would play with them, touch their hair and make them laugh—something which a boyfriend should do to a girl. Or maybe something which implies that the boy likes a girl. Despite of Sungmin’s endless playboy tactics, Hani remained faithful. She loved him too much.

Her friends had called her crazy for being like that. That’s because Hani was determined to change Lee Sungmin. To change his nature and become the best boyfriend on earth. She wanted to prove to her friends how Sungmin is not the person they see him as. She wants to prove that Sungmin is so much more noble than his being playboy.

Hani glanced at her watch and waited patiently for Sungmin. It was already eleven in the evening and she has to go home or else she’ll miss her curfew and her parents would kill her. She lifted her chin and observed Sungmin quietly. The girls who were talking with him soon went away and Sungmin could only watch them go.

Sungmin heaved out a sigh and turned towards Hani. He buried his hands in his pocket and lifted his chin, as if to nod.

“Yah, let’s get you home,” Sungmin says in monotone voice. Hani’s heart almost broke at the coldness of it but she didn’t mind. She had thought that maybe he’s tired and he didn’t feel like being romantic all of a sudden. It happens. Well, for her anyway. But on the bright side, Sungmin has offered to take her home. Hani felt happy. Taking her home wasn’t a usual thing for Sungmin.

Hani nodded and followed Sungmin happily, feeling a little proud of herself and thought that maybe there’s hope in changing Sungmin. She obliged happily and started thinking of their future together.

On their way home, Sungmin kept quiet. The atmosphere between them was dull and cold. It was like in a car full of ice. Whenever Hani would try to bring up a topic for them to talk about, Sungmin would either not answer or reprimand her for being too noisy. Hani just winced; she only wanted to talk to him. Was that so bad? It’s been almost two years since they haven’t talked about anything at all.

Just then, Sungmin placed both of his hands on the steering wheel and maximized his speed. Hani leaned back on her seat and her heartbeat started racing so fast, she was scared. It was too fast. But she didn’t complain. Because she knew that once she refuses or protests about something Sungmin does, he’ll leave her behind. Hani can’t have that. She’d die if Sungmin leaves her.

“Yah, oppa,” Hani calls out softly. “Why are you driving so fast?”

“So we could reach your apartment right away,” Sungmin briefly answered.

But Hani felt scared. She knew something was wrong. Just then, a flash of light blinded Hani’s eyes and the next thing she knew the car was upside down and there was blood everywhere. Darkness soon took over.

 

Hani felt light. Oh, yeah right. How could someone normal feel light? It’s either too much dieting or hallucinations. Take your pick. But seriously, Hani felt light for the first time and she didn’t feel anything. It was rather too calm for her to feel anything. She didn’t think about anything at all. All she could remember was the mere memories she has of Lee Sungmin, her friends and her family.

I have to go home, Hani thought as panic surged upon her. She tried to glance at her clock but her clock wasn’t on her wrist anymore. Her eyebrows frowned, thought about the last time where she had placed her watch. She knew she had worn it with her. How could she have lost it all of a sudden?

Then she starts walking and she hears a sad, funeral-like song nearby. Wait, the road she was walking on seems deserted… No, make that unfamiliar. Like it leads to the cemetery. Why would she end up in a cemetery? And where is her boyfriend? He’s supposed to take her home after watching a movie.

Out of the blue, she felt herself floating towards the cemetery where she heard a sad song. Then she could hear the muffled cries and the speeches and the people murmuring. Yes, I had said floating. She felt herself float involuntarily and her legs weren’t even touching the ground. It was… weird.

“I heard that only the boyfriend survived the fatal car crash. How gruesome for her family! If only she would have left that stupid playboy behind years ago, she wouldn’t have died so early. Do you think this is some kind of a murder? Sungmin didn’t look so depressed with her death.”

“I know, right? For five years, that poor girl had dated that awful guy and the guy doesn’t seem to care at all. Her parents seem so devastated after she passed away and they want to sue the guy. I think it was murder. We all know how Sungmin wraps girls in his finger. Hani was just… maybe he took pity on her.”

“Pity? How is cheating a pity?”

Hani felt the urge to slap the two people’s faces. How dare they talk about Sungmin like that? And… what did they mean by Hani passing away? She was alive, for God’s sake! She was breathing and walking—well, floating actually but nevertheless, she felt herself breathing. What, is this someone else’s funeral that is somehow linked to Lee Sungmin?

Hani reminded herself how Lee Sungmin loves her so much but is just not expressive with his feelings. Always the romantic, huh?

She floated towards where the tent was. To her utter surprise, she saw both of her parents and her little brother crying towards the coffin being buried. “Umma, Appa? Yah, what are they doing here?” She whispered curiously to herself. She went towards them. Hani attempted to put her hand on her Mom’s shoulder when it went through like phasing.

Hani pulled her hand back, surprised. She glanced at her hand and didn’t see anything wrong with it but when she tried to touch her Mom again, this time it was for real. She couldn’t touch her. Her Mom couldn’t even listen to her.

“Yah, what is… what is happening to me?” She asks herself, feeling the surge of panic coming. She gulped nervously and started wandering her eyes around. Her eyes rested on her friends who were crying and comforting one another. She tried calling them but they didn’t budge. They couldn’t hear her, too.

“Oh, my god. What is happening?” Her eyes landed on Sungmin who was at the back of the crowd, giving out an expressionless face. “Sungminnie! Sungminah!” But he didn’t hear. He couldn’t hear. What the heck was going on?

“You’re in denial, aren’t you?”

Hani almost leaped out in surprise, finding an old man with super white clothes that almost blinded her if she didn’t gawk too long. It was rather weird and… well, humorous. Hani tried to stifle her laughter and cleared . The old man looked serious.

“Who are you?” Hani asked warily.

The old man just nodded firmly. “Who I am doesn’t matter. What you want to know matters more. You’re probably in the state of confusion right now, wondering what’s wrong with you. You’re floating. Yes, you’re aware of that. You can’t touch anybody and they can’t hear nor see you. Well, I couldn’t speak of this anymore bluntly but… Kim Hani, you’re dead.”

Hani almost choked on her own saliva. She burst out laughing, leaving the old man frown towards her. “Yah, this isn’t a funny joke? And what’s with all those white clothes? Seriously, old man, I have respect for you but what you said was rather hilarious. Dead? Psh, I’m not dead. I’m breathing. See?”

“Hani-ssi, you’re dead. Believe it or not, you are. You were involved in an accident a week ago and you were announced dead on arrival. Your boyfriend, Lee Sungmin, however has survived the car crash.”

Hani smiled, letting out a sigh of relief. “Oh, thank God then.”

“But you must know the accident wasn’t just an accident. It was murder.”

Hani rolled her eyes in disbelief. “Murder? Ani, Sungmin oppa can’t do that kind of thing. He’s really nice. I mean, we all know he’s much of a playboy but Sungmin oppa is not that kind of guy. He’s really nice. You just need to know him more. Trust me. You do.”

The old man chuckled. “Sweetheart, it’s you who need to know him more.”

Hani’s eyes lit up. “Does that mean you’re giving me a second chance to live?”

The old man shook his head. “That’s possible but I don’t think I should—”

“Oh, please, old man-ssi. I promise I won’t laugh at you anymore. I promise I won’t. Just give me a second shot in life. I promise you, I won’t disappoint you.”

The old man smiled mischievously. “Fine. I’ll give you your second shot in life. But remember, once you figured out things, prepare yourself. Life doesn’t always end in happy ever after. Let’s just hope you won’t be disappointed as well.”

Hani nodded firmly. But deep inside her, she was going to prove to that old man that life does end in happy ever after.

 

For months, Hani had been resurrected and she was given the second shot of life. It was rather depressing at first. And surprising. Hani wasn’t known as Hani anymore. Instead, she was Abby. Abby Kim. The first time she arrived down on earth, her so-called parents had called her Abby. It was like nothing happened at all. One minute, Abby woke up and her parents were reprimanding her for waking up too late.

Then she had a new brother, too. Her new younger brother was a year younger than her old brother. Everything was new to her. The friends she had back then weren’t the same friend she has right now. Everything was new. Everything had to be new. Abby can’t still believe that old man didn’t tell her about it.

For months now, she had searched for Lee Sungmin. It’s almost been two months since she met him at the café where she—when she was still Hani—and Sungmin used to date. The first time they met, Abby felt a little nervous thinking that Sungmin would know her right away. It was embarrassing for Abby because she had thrown herself over Sungmin.

Abby grunted, giving herself a mental shake. Then she remembered those moments when Sungmin had started calling her and asking her out. It was all romantic for Abby because it was like revisiting the past again. And now, she was waiting for Lee Sungmin at the park where they shared their first kiss. Abby’s heart couldn’t slow down. She was seeing him again.

“O, Abby-ssi!”

Abby’s face lightens up and she waved at him. She watched as Sungmin ran towards her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Annyeong,oppa!”

“Am I too late?” Sungmin asked, plopping down next to her.

Abby shook her head. “Ani, I was just too early.”

Sungmin let out a little smile. Abby noticed it. “What’s wrong, oppa?”

Sungmin shook his head. “It’s just that… well, you remind me of someone I met a long time ago. It’s been a year since she died. It was… tragic.”

“What happened?” Abby asked. This was it. This was the moment she’s been waiting for. She gave a little mental evil smirk inside her mind. She was going to prove that old man that her life will end in happy ever after.

Sungmin inhaled deeply, looking at his shoes. “We were on our way home from the movies. I had actually offered to drive her home—something which I don’t usually do ever. Maybe I did the first time I had asked her out but years came and I’ve begun falling out of love. I didn’t know what to do or how to let her go. I couldn’t find a way to let her go. So I thought that maybe I should… Well, I got her into an accident. It was my fault. I know. You’ll probably hate me after this. I let her go. She got into an accident and I had done it in purpose. I could still hear her and calling out my name. I remembered her asking if I was fine and she didn’t actually bother about her own condition. She was too… good to be true. People thought I didn’t come to her burial but I did. I wore disguises so they wouldn’t see me. They’re probably thinking I did it. I wouldn’t blame them. But you know I didn’t actually feel any remorse for doing it bu—”

Abby stood up, taken aback by Sungmin’s confession. Mixture of emotions went through her: sadness, anger, betrayal… it was like three or more substances being mixed into one confusing product. She can’t believe it. Her own boyfriend murdered her. And how stupid was she to beg another shot of life just for him?

“Abby-ssi, what…?”

Abby fought back tears. “You are the most vicious guy I’ve ever known, Lee Sungmin. After what I did for you for five years, you didn’t actually care? And you managed to plan out my death on me? That’s the best gift you’ve ever given to me so far. You know what? I’ve never felt more stupid than I am now. I should’ve listened to my friends, to my family and to those people who told me I was better off with someone else. But I stayed because I thought you’d change. But then again, maybe I shouldn’t have listened to my heart. I’m so stupid and so… ugh, it’s so annoying. I should’ve known. I shouldn’t have asked the old man to give me a second life. He was right. I should’ve prepared my heart for that. Oh, how stupid of me. But that’s how I’m always going to be, right? I’m always going to be the stupid one, the careless one. I’m always going to be the one who gets hurt the most. You know what? Thanks. Thanks a lot, Lee Sungmin.”

Before she turned, she stopped and gave him a withering, hurt glare. “And by the way, my real name’s Kim Hani. And if you need proof, I’ll show you the birthmark I’ve had ever since I was a kid.” She folded her right sleeve and showed Sungmin her birthmark, a heart. Her birthmark has always been Sungmin’s favorite part of Hani’s body. Then Abby took a necklace out of her pocket and shoved it on his chest. “And this is the necklace you gave me on our first month together. Funny how I remember everything, huh? Sungminnie.”

Sungmin blinked, astonished. It was all surreal. “Wha…?”

“Shocked? Oh, well. Thanks for everything.”

“Abby­-ssi! Abby-ssi! Yah… Hani!”

 

Noona, it’s the same guy from your phone.” Abby could watch her little brother get pissed as he answers the door. Sungmin has been trying to reach her via phone or even email relentlessly. Sungmin has also passed by their house a couple of times and it bugged the heck out of her family. Nevertheless, her parents were awed by Sungmin’s determination. “He really wants to talk to you. Waenoona? Why wouldn’t you want to talk to him?”

Abby sighed, patting her younger brother’s head. “You’ll understand sooner. For now, let me handle this, okay? Go up to your room and finish your homework. I’ll be with you in a sec.”

“I’ll keep watch,” her younger brother says. “If ever that hyung hurts you, I’ll be ready with my baseball bat.”

Abby laughed. “Arasseo. I shall scream for you to hear me.” When her younger brother disappeared, she went to the door and opened it infuriatingly. She cast Sungmin her vicious glare but it soon disappeared when she met his eyes—his cute eyes.

“What are you doing here?” Abby asked coldly. “I told you to stop calling me, remember? In case you didn’t remember, I once told you to leave me alone. Which part of it do you not understand?”

Sungmin sighed. “I know. But could you please let me fini—”

“There’s nothing to talk about,” Abby cut him off. “I don’t want to hear any more from you. You’re not worth my time. You killed me, remember? I didn’t take you as a person who tries to apologize to those who you’ve hurt.”

Sungmin frowned. “Please, Abby. Listen to me. I can’t—”

“You can’t what? What else do I need to know from you, Sungmin oppa? What mockery do I still need to—unf!” Before Abby could finish what she was saying, Sungmin had planted his mouth on hers, stopping her and having her attention all by himself. Abby struggled to break free but Sungmin was stronger than she was.

“Before you throw a fit, listen to me,” Sungmin says in a dead serious tone as soon as he lets go of Abby. “You didn’t let me finish what I said yesterday. I said I didn’t regret what I did. I said I didn’t feel remorse for doing it but that’s what I thought. But after that accident, I couldn’t stop thinking about her… you. I couldn’t stop crying. I was stupid for doing that. I am. I was too stupid to let her go. I love you, Kim Hani. Or Abby Kim. Whatever. I don’t care if you’ve changed your name to the hardest and longest name. I wanted you to know how apologetic I am of what I’ve done. I know I couldn’t make it up for two or three days. But I promise you, I’ll make it up for you for the rest of my life if you give me another second chance. Abby Kim or Kim Hani, saranghae. Can you please give me my second shot with you, too?”

Abby smirked, her eyes looking up. See, old man? Life does have its own happy ever after.