Nana/Lizzy - Eyebrows

drabble collection

Summary: Lizzy dyes Nana's eyebrows (creative title I know). Lots of unintentional tense changes that I cannot be bothered fixing. Again, excessive use of hyphens and parentheses. From my fic graveyard. Forced humour warning.

 

Eyebrows

Nana could hear the waves lapping against the pristine sandy beaches. She could smell the salty sea breezes coolly brushing past her face. The sun was shining, and she could be outside, should be outside playing beach volleyball with the other girls enjoying the last few days of absolute freedom before their gruelling promotion period starts and yet Nana was inside, sitting on a hard wooden chair waiting for the younger girl to start dyeing her eyebrows (who even does that?). Sometimes in life (or rather always, with that girl) you just can’t win.

She wonders how she got into this situation in the first place.

-

Their usually strict manager surprised them when he suggested that they all take a week long break. He even said okay when Jooyeon joked about going to Hawaii (“That could be fun and good for teamwork!”, Jinah shuddered at the thought of him smiling). And this time, unlike their other plans that were often forgotten about the day after, they actually carried it out.

A few drinks and an overenthusiastic Raina (“Bekah catch me!”) resulted in a twisted ankle for Lizzy. Nana’s still not sure exactly how it happened. The only thing she remembers was seeing Lizzy twirl around in her cute little one piece (eyes not on her chest, of course).

Obviously, the logical activity to do instead of playing outside is dyeing Nana's eyebrows.

-

“Are you sure about this…”

Lizzy scrunched her nose, squinting at the tiny instructions written in English.

“Maybe we should do this when we get back?”, Nana suggested, half-hoping Lizzy is sensible for once.

Lizzy looked up from the packaging. “Nana-unnie…”, she pouted.

“Okay, okay fine!”

Nana couldn’t stand it when Lizzy pouted. It made her heart beat a little faster; hands sweat a little more and face turn a little more red.

It turned an even darker shade of red when Lizzy plonked herself down on Nana, straddling her legs.

“Wait Lizzy what are you – ”

“My ankle hurts! Do you want me to stand while I apply this dye?”

Nana muttered something along the lines of “we could just not do this at all”. Lizzy pretended not to hear.

-

Nana silently thanked the gods as she felt Lizzy gently rub the Vaseline around her eyebrows (she would rather those hands be elsewhere, but beggars can’t be choosers). Lizzy’s breath tickled the hairs on her ear and her skin brushes up against Nana’s face every now and then. Nana opened her eyes briefly to catch a glimpse of a very serious Park Lizzy, almost as serious as when she sings. She shut them immediately after – the close proximity was too torturous.

Maybe this was a good idea after all.

-

Nana has learnt that nothing is ever a ‘good idea’ around Lizzy.

“What does the packet say the colour was again?”

“Uh, strawberry…blonde…”, Lizzy replied nervously, noticing that something was missing.

Nana did not like that tone of voice. She also did not like the smile that was forming on Lizzy’s face as she realises what happened.

Nana knew she should not have let Lizzy go buy the dye by herself. She should have accompanied her instead of pigging out on hot chips watching Jooyeon and Uee wrestle (with a bit too much skin contact) on the couch. And now she was reaping the rewards. Miraculously, Lizzy managed to purchase three packets of dye, two of which were strawberry blonde (as they agreed – to match their hair) and one which Lizzy coincidentally chose to use on Nana that left off the blonde.

And so supermodel idol, ideal type of many male idols, ice princess Im Nana was stuck with two bright pink eyebrows.

“How did this is even happen?”

How did she let this happen?

Nana looked threateningly at the girl who struggled to catch her breath from laughing too hard at Nana’s new look. Nana squinted her eyes. Lizzy would pay.

“Well,”, Nana started calmly, “this means you have to get yours done too.”

Lizzy yelped. She jumped up and limped towards the door, still laughing. Nana reached out and grabbed Lizzy’s hand. They tugged and pulled for a few moments before Lizzy collapsed on the floor with Nana on top of her. Nana ran her fingers up and down Lizzy’s sides and the smaller girl squealed.

They paused for a few seconds, both girls panting from their exhausting laughter.

Nana smiled down at the girl beneath her. She always liked Lizzy’s laugh (her real one, not the ones she forces on camera).

“Nana-unnie…”

“No, aegyo won’t get you anywhere!”

Nana would not give in to that godforsaken pout.

Unnie…”, she whined.

Nana steeled her resolve. She was above this.

“It looks good on you unnie but it will look really bad on me!”

“Flattery also won’t get you anywhere young girl.”

“Na-na-un-nie pwease?”, Lizzy batted her eyelashes at the older girl.

Im Nana was not above this.

“Fine fine!”

Lizzy grinned. “Nana unnie is the best!”

-

They sat silently for a few moments, moments that felt like an eternity to Nana. She stared into the other girl’s beautiful brown eyes, a stare that became too intense she figured, as Lizzy looked down embarrassedly. She could see a blush creeping through Lizzy’s cheeks when she looked up again.

Lizzy leaned forward and Nana froze as she felt a light peck on her lips. She looked back at the girl who just – did she just? Was she hallucinating? – kissed her. She was certain that they were both now extremely red.

Lizzy bit her lip, unsure of what she just did.

“Sorry Nana-unnie…”, she fidgeted nervously looking up and down, searching for a response.

Nana pulled her into another kiss, a deeper one this time, as she ran her tongue across Lizzy’s moist lips (strawberry, huh?). Lizzy stifled a moan as Nana’s tongue slipped into but Nana couldn’t when she felt Lizzy’s fingers brush against her thighs.

“Click, click”

The two broke apart startled by the sound of the lock. They looked at each other - Nana was relieved to see Lizzy smiling (but she really wished Lizzy would stop biting her lip). Nana could hear the loud chatter as the girls walked into the lounge.

“Yah, that last point was totally not legit! You already dropped the ball!”, complained Jooyeon.

“Well too bad Joo, Kahi unnie’s on my team and you can’t argue with Kahi unnie!”, Uee gloated.

“We should probably – ”

An exaggerated gasp interrupted Nana’s suggestion.

“Ah, my eyes! God you two need to get a room!”, Jooyeon exclaimed in mock disgust.

The girls laughed as Nana and Lizzy quickly stood up in response. Nana immediately returned to her usual nonchalant expression – any traces of anything apart from indifference (and her newly dyed eyebrows unfortunately) wiped from her face (she ignored E-young’s “Unnie why are your eyebrows pink?” and the corresponding roar of laughter). Lizzy was a bit less composed, the faint red tint still there in her cheeks when they ate dinner.

-

“Hey your lipstick is smudged,”, Jooyeon said in a concerned voice as she offered Lizzy a tissue.

After a few dabs at her lips Lizzy threw the tissue angrily back at Jooyeon when she realised she wasn’t wearing any lipstick. Nana earned a glare from the younger girl as she chuckled at Jooyeon’s prank.

-

Back in Korea, Nana somehow manages to convince their stylist that contrasting eyebrows (specifically, her shade of pink) are the hot new trend and insists that all three members of Orange Caramel get the exact same colour.

(She personally supervises Lizzy’s eyebrows being dyed much to the younger girl’s displeasure.)

 

 

 

 

Author note:

1. Written ages ago inspired by lipstick promotions - I always wondered why they had blonde hair but pink eyebrows?? But I guess I should stop trying to make sense of orange caramel

2. I tried dying my eyebrows twice (dirty blonde, naturally black hair) once I left the bleach on a tad too long the other I got an allergic reaction to the dye so never again lol (so kids don’t dye your eyebrows unless you know what you’re doing!)

3. I have never been to Hawaii (living near the beach in Sydney is close enough right?)

4. I clearly did not think the plot out when I wrote this (sorry Lizzy for making you injured for the sake of plot). Also, tense changes lol and failed humour (sorry everyone)