The Plan

Better Than My Big Brother

 

Annyeong! I am back again. This time, TopFany and SooLay are on the role, guys! How is that? As always, subscribes and feedbacks are highly appreciated. And up vote if you like this story, okay? Let me know what you guys think ^^
 
 
 
Love,
 
 
Quirkyqueen
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sooyoung's POV
 
 
 
I am currently inside one of coffee shops in Hannam-dong. I am sitting awkwardly on my chair while stealing a glance at my best friend, Tiffany. She is busy sipping her caramel macchiato. So, I'm just waiting, (im)patiently. I take a sip of my hot chocolate and stare at her again. This situation is pretty much awkward at some point. But you know what? I don't give a fuss. 
 
"So," Tiffany starts speaking, as she lets out a deep breath. "You need my help?" 
 
I nod vigorously. Like, hell yeah I really need her help. BIG time! "Pretty much, yes" this is why I love her though. She makes everything simpler for me. "Give me a hand?" I blink couple times at her, trying to make her say yes, even though she has no idea what the problem is.
 
"How can I help you?" she asks, in a very proper manner. Well, being half-American makes her very polite. Her style of clothing is very remarkable as well. She is considered as fashionista in our school, no surprising. And the fact that she has been raised and treated like a princess, doesn't make her less-graceful. "If it's something bizarre and out of this world, you know my answer already"
 
I swallow down my saliva. "You see, Fany.." I need to explain everything to her. The personal problem which I never told anyone before. She has become my bestest friend since third grade in junior high, but this is probably the first time I'm being such an open person. "You know my brother, don't you?"
 
Tiffany takes a sip of her caramel macchiato again and furrows her eyebrows while looking at me. "The Black Panther?" she puts her cup down as I nod my head slowly. "Of course I know him, literally"
 
"But you never talked to him before, right?" I ask her, leaning my face closer to her.
 
She shakes her head slowly, trying to figure out where this talking session is heading to. She frowns as she examines my so-called-nervous-expression. "But, I think I want a chance to talk to him. Or probably just interview him, give him some simple and personal questions" she looks at me again. My so-called-nervous-expression just turned into so-called-relieved-expression. That's why I love my dear Tiffany so much. "Soo, just tell me already. What about him?"
 
Oops.
 
Someone is suddenly becoming so impatient.
 
I sigh as I stir my hot chocolate, playing with the spoon. "You know how popular my brother is, right? I mean, he's one of the hottest guys in school, right? No wonder.." I take a glance at Tiffany who is giving me the I-want-to-know-tell-me-ASAP-expression. "He is having some kind of.. Hmm.. How to say this?" I think for a while. "Mental... Disorder?" is that true? Is that what it's called? I have no idea.
 
Sorry.
 
I'm a stupid person, okay?
 
Don't judge me.
 
Tiffany forces a weird laugh. I don't even know whether it's weird or creepy though. "What the..?" she forces a weird laugh again. Is she having a mental problem as well? I should probably keep my distance from her. Eww. "What do you mean by that? What kind of mental disorder? Bipolar?"
 
I shake my head multiple times. No, he is not that bad. "It's not that"
 
"Then what is it?" Tiffany raises her voice. Uh-oh, it's better if I just tell her already. I don't wanna be killed by the tigress.
 
I sigh as I start sobbing. "He is a sister-complex.." 
 
Yup. My brother is a sister-complex.
 
And the victim here?
 
Definitely me.
 
I am currently waiting for a sympathy or a rub on my back, but I get none but a loud voice of someone's laughing. I look up and see Tiffany is laughing pretty loud enough to break all of the windows here. The waiters and waitresses are looking at us with a weird look on their faces. I know what they're thinking. I glare at Tiffany and ask her to shut up.
 
"Oh my goodness, are you serious?" she asks me, still laughing. She is even crying. What's so funny to be honest? What's so funny about having a big brother who is a psycho?
 
"Fany, please. This isn't funny" I give her my serious look. It's good enough to make her shut. "At first it felt good. My parents are always busy with their works, so having a protective brother really helped a lot. But.. It's getting annoying at some point" I complain. I can only complain to Tiffany, since she is the only one who understands me very very very damn well. 
 
Tiffany nods. "Well, I think I can relate to that. He cannot stop calling you whenever we go shopping or play at the arcade" she tilts her head, remembering the old times, most of the times we have spent together as best friends.
 
"He became overly protective and I hate that sooo bad. I'm 16, I need a slice of high school life, I need a little romance. I'm a girl as well, even though I don't look like one" uhh.. I don't look like a girl. I dress like a guy and walk like a guy and I eat like a pig. Clear enough?
 
Tiffany gives me a smirk. "Lay, you say?" she squints her eyes, trying to tease me.
 
I blush. I can feel my cheeks are burning hot. Ugh, why does she have to know everything? "We-well, it's not the point!" I try to get back on track, ignoring her laugh once again. "My brother doesn't allow me to have a boyfriend, that's the main problem. It's not about Lay.."
 
She squints her eyes again, trying her best to suppress her unfinished laugh. After she is sure that she is back to her calm personality, she asks, "And what can I do for you, exactly?"
 
I grip on my skirt tightly and tilt my head, bracing myself to face Tiffany. "Please make him fall for you"
 
 
 
Tiffany's POV
 
 
 
"Please make him fall for you" Sooyoung said.
 
What the- I am speechless. My eyes widened in shock as I open my mouth widely, don't care even if I look like a retard right now. What did she just say? I blink couple times as I try to ask her, just making sure. "What did you just say?"
 
She gulps and speaks again, "Tiffany, please make my brother fall in love with you"
 
I open my mouth wider than before. She is definitely asking the wrong person here. I barely even know him. Now I should make him love me? What should I do then? Seduce him right away? Trap the panther in a cage and never let him go? Please, just- what the heck? I massage my temples. I am stressed ( freaking ) out right now. 
 
Sooyoung touches my shoulder. "Fany baby, you okay?" I can sense nervousness in the way she talks though. I know she can ask for nobody's help but me, since I'm the closest person to her and she can trust no one but me. But still.. This is just too bizarre. It is beyond words, even though yes, I really want to help my best friend. Even though yes, her brother is hot.
 
.
 
Her brother is ( freaking ) hot.
 
Sooyoung forces a chuckle. Her boyish chuckle. "I know that's a crazy idea. Sorry, I didn't mean to trouble you. Just forget it" she says, forcing a grin as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate which I think it's no longer hot.
 
I sigh softly and I ask her, positioning myself in a good sitting position. "Why me, Sooyoung? And.. Can't you find other ways?"
 
Sooyoung bites her bottom lip and shakes her head weakly. "I've been thinking these days, trying to find a way to distract my brother's attention from me. But, all I kept thinking was just asking for your help" she looks down in desperation. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take you for granted. It's just that.. I only trust you"
 
I feel bad for her really. I mean, who wouldn't if you see your best friend begging you for a help. Just a simple help, yet you couldn't say yes to it? I take a deep breath and rub her shoulder. "You're not at fault, Sooyoung. Don't say sorry"
 
"I thought.." she tries to speak again. "It could help you forget about that jerk. You know.. Lee Donghae?"
 
DUGEUN.
 
 
 
Sooyoung's POV
 
 
 
I see the sudden expression change on Tiffany's face. She suddenly became pale and her body starts shaking. I know I shouldn't have said that. But I'm desperate and yes, I want to make Tiffany forget about that douche bag. That . A guy that I really want to punch on the . A guy who made my cheerful best friend cry nonstop for freaking 3 hours.
 
I want to make her forget about him.
 
Consider this as a win-win solution.
 
Tiffany keeps shut as I try to break the ice. "Doesn't it feel good to walk hand-in-hand with the one you love along the road on Christmas?"
 
Tiffany just nods her head and sighs. She knows where this is going. 
 
"Doesn't it feel nice to have a boyfriend who will accompany you on New Year's Eve?" I ask her again, while stealing a glance at her.
 
Again, Tiffany nods her head. I know she desperately wants a boyfriend as well, but there's just no way I will let her go back to that douche bag's arms. At least, my brother is waaayy much better and he is also more responsible than any other guys. I have the proofs. 
 
I clutch both of my hands and give her my 'puss-in-boots' stare. I know she will never say no after this. She always says yes every time I give her the puss' stare. She is too nice, I'm telling you. "Please~"
 
She shakes her head, making me sigh in desperation. I am so devastated and pissed right now. Well, not because of her though. It's just that if she keeps saying no, I can't do anything else. She is my only hope. "Why, Fany? Why can't you help me? I promise you, you won't lose your pride. I guarantee that he is a good guy, even though he doesn't look like one. I swear that-"
 
"I don't wanna hurt anyone, Soo" she says in a husky voice. I know that she can burst into tears sooner or later. Now I feel bad for bringing up that into our private conversation. "I just don't want to hurt anyone.."
 
I hold her hand. "Who? There's no one who'll get hurt, Fany. Believe me, there's just no one who will-"
 
"Your brother will" she cuts off my sentence, again. She looks at me in the eye and smiles lightly. "Even though I will succeed, it won't guarantee his happiness. Even if I made him fall for me, I would hurt him in the end because I have no feelings for him, right?" she lets go off my hand tenderly as she tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. "This isn't a game, Sooyoung. There's no win or lose, love is not a game"
 
Crap.
 
She got me, really. I can never win an argument or a debate with her. She is just too good with her own words and sentences. She is beautiful inside and out. I'm telling you again, she is just too nice. She's like an angel who isn't willing to hurt anyone or anything, even a little fly. I like that side of her, but..
 
"Being good is overrated, Tiffany" I say that spontaneously. I gasp and close my mouth immediately. I'm such a moron. I'm such a mean person. What kind of best friend am I? "Ah umm.. Sorry" 
 
She chuckles bitterly, while playing with her cup. "Don't say sorry, you're right after all" she sighs and hot water starts filling up her eyes as she tries her best to wipe it. "Being a good person is overrated really. People will just take advantages of you, they will just use you and play with your feelings. I know that" she looks down and continues, "I know that pretty well, too well if I must say"
 
I try to say something, but my cellphone buzzes. It's on vibrate mode, because I know that my freaking big brother will call me soon- or maybe right now. I look at the screen and draw a big smile on my face. I pick up the phone right away, not wasting my time at all. "Hello, Yixing?" there is definitely a cheerful voice coming out from my mouth. "What's up?"
 
He chuckles. "You sound excited. Miss me?"
 
I laugh. "So confident. There's no way I'm missing you. Psh" liar. I am such a terrible liar. Oh come on, it's Zhang Yixing aka Lay who is calling me. And of course I'm missing him like crazy. But my pride is just so high, you have no idea.
 
"Uhm.. Sooyoung" oh my god, he just said my name! Zhang Yixing just said my name with his asdfghjkl y voice. Ugh!
 
"Y-yes..?" I answer, kinda stuttering a little bit. Curse this nervousness.
 
"Would you like to.." he stops. What, why? Please continue, Yixing. Please, I beg you. "Go on a date with me this Sunday?" 
 
Oh my goodness.
 
Kill me.
 
Now.
 
I blush as I can see Tiffany's staring at me with a confused look on her beautiful face. "Ah, I-" what the hell? I can't even speak right now, okay? I'm just too nervous and excited and eager and, and just- ugh! I take a glance at Tiffany and sigh. "Sorry, Yixing. I really want to go on a date with you, but I think I can't"
 
Tiffany is shocked, I can tell just by looking at her angelic face. I know she never thought that I would reject Yixing's offer. Well, neither did I.
 
"But, why?" Yixing asks in confusion. I know pretty well that he didn't expect this either. Who would reject him, seriously? That person must be crazy, which means that I am crazy. Crazy in love. Ok no. I have my own reasons, okay?
 
Bet you guys knew the reason already.
 
I let out a heavy breath while stealing a glance at my best friend. "My brother won't allow me, he's super over-protective. So, I'm really sorry, okay?" then, I hang up and take a sip of my hot chocolate which is not hot anymore.
 
Tiffany stands up and talks to me, "I'm going to the restroom" then she walks away.
 
 
 
Tiffany's POV
 
 
 
Ugh! I pull my hair in desperation while looking at myself in the mirror. I feel like punching everything right now. I don't even mind punching my own face. Why should I be in this kind of situation? I have many problems just by facing one problem. This is killing me. The fact that Sooyoung is my best friend just makes everything even much worse.
 
First, I need to make her brother fall in love with me. How can I do that? No idea.
 
Second, she kept begging me for my help and she can't go on a date with her ultimate crush because I said no.
 
Third, she brought up Lee Donghae into our convo. 
 
My life is perfect. It seems like now it's my fault, not hers nor him. Yeah, him. Choi Sooyoung's big brother, the almighty Black Panther of the school, Choi Seunghyun. 
 
That hot y untouchable guy, Mr. Choi Seunghyun.
 
Damn.
 
Now I compliment him.
 
The reason why I don't wanna do this is not because I'm afraid that I will hurt him in the end. It's more kinda like I have a feeling, this weird feeling that keeps telling me that I'm the one who will fall deeply in love with him. Well, who will not? That is Choi Seunghyun, he is Choi Seunghyun. The Black Panther, the T.O.P. What if I failed? What if I fell and no matter I do, I would not be able to escape? I don't wanna fall in love with anyone, I can't fall in love with anyone. 
 
Love is a cruel thing. Once you fall in love, you cannot escape. It doesn't matter how much you try to run away and hide, it will always come back and find you. No matter how many times he hurt you, all you did was just coming back to his arms and let him embrace you like the way he used to do.
 
Love is bull. There are only pains, but no gains. He would just keep hurting you, no matter how many times he said sorry. He would only keep playing with your heart, doesn't matter how many times he said he would stop doing so. He would just keep making mistakes, even though he said that he wouldn't do the same mistake over and over again.
 
Love is all about gambling. People say that you will find your true love when your hand fits perfectly in his, your head fits perfectly in the crook of his neck, and every time you kiss each other, you will see those fireworks and sparkles. I know how that feels like. My hand fit perfectly in his, my head fit perfectly in his neck and every time we kissed, I saw the sparks flew. But the reality speaks differently.
 
Why?
 
Because he left me. The one who was supposed to be my true love left me in the end. True love doesn't exist guys, please open your eyes.
 
Kids, stop believing in fairytales.
 
And girls, stop hoping to find the right guy.
 
Because there is no right guy. At the end, we all just gonna die. At the end, we won't be together with the one who we love the most. There's no love, there's only lust. There's no relationship, there's only skinship. There's no trust, there's only broken promises. So, what to believe now? Love doesn't exist. What's the point of falling in love? Nothing.
 
I wash my hands and walk back to Sooyoung. I already changed my expression and here I'm standing, right in front of her sad face. I know that she really wants to go on a date with that Zhang Yixing. I know how much she loves him, even though she never tells me. I know that she wants to be free, free from her protective big brother. The handsome and hot brother named Seunghyun.
 
"Sooyoung" I call her name as she tilts her head, looking at me with that puss-in boots' stare. I sigh and give her my eye-smile, even though I'm kinda forcing it. "Just go on a date with him, I'll help you"
 
Sooyoung's face lightened and she shouts while hugging me tightly. "Thank you, Tiffany! Oh my goodness I love you, I love you so so much! Saranghae yo" she even kisses my cheeks couple times. I just laugh while patting her back, trying to calm her down.
 
That's what a best friend must do, right?
 
I'm doing this for the sake of my best friend.
 
Don't worry, I won't fall in love with him. Doesn't matter how charming and good-looking he is. I will not fall... I won't.