Part 6

My Gorilla Co-Worker

Firstly thanks to my current and new subbies: Mayra_205 , cycroz021 and Chuchay26 for reading my story. 

To those who took time to leave a comment, i deeply appreciate your thoughts. Do comment and tell me what you think of the story. Once again thanks.

My apologies if this update is boring.

**********************************************************************************************************

Seunghyun felt the rest of the day passed too slowly. After the conversation with Dara, all he could think of is the dinner and even got distracted at work which caused chaos. Everyone wanted to know what had happen but Seunghyun refused to tell them. Dara couldn’t help but smile when she notice Seunghyun’s behaviour. The rest of the staffs felt weird seeing Dara smiling by herself and Seunghyun being distracted and some of them decided to investigate both Seunghyun and Dara.

 

They were surprised to see Seunghyun standing outside the Sanctuary after work as if he is waiting for someone and when they asked him, he avoided answering them and pretend he is looking for something even though he keeps looking at the entrance. Soon they saw Dara exiting the door and Seunghyun began to panic. He did not want the rest to know that he and Dara are meeting up after work and he tried to think of excuses but before he could come up with one, he felt Dara pull him away towards her car.  Seunghyun had suggested his friend’s bar below his rented room which is near their workplace and the journey to the bar is filled with silence.

 

Dara felt comfortable the moment she stepped into the bar and she is surprised to know that the bar owner is a lady who is also Seunghyun’s landlord. They were seated at the corner of the bar and a teenage boy walked up to their table and served them snacks. Dara noticed that Seunghyun and the boy communicate through hand-sign and the boy had showed Seunghyun a thumb-before walking off with a smirk on his face and dara could help but to smile at the sight. Seunghyun turned to Dara and explained that the boy is Daesung and that he is the bar owner’s son and that he is deaf. Soon the bar owner joined Seunghyun and Dara at the table and introduce herself as Jihyo. Jihyo explained that she had known Seunghyun when he wanted to rent the vacant room on top of the bar and they became close when Jihyo noticed how Seunghyun made the effort to bond with Daesung even though he knew Daesung is deaf. She is shocked when Seunghyun explained that Dara knew about his stripper job when he met her at one of the booked event. Seunghyun then explained that Jihyo was the one who started him on the stripper job.

 

It all started when Jihyo took over the bar and tried ways to promote it. She had converted part of the bar into a private room where a small function can be held. Soon the place became popular in the neighborhood to have birthday party or even hen night or bachelor night. She even hired a few men who worked as party entertainers as she noticed most of ladies are having their hen night party in her bar. So when one of her men did not turn for a booked event, she had begged Seunghyun to cover. She even suggest Seunghyun to dressed up as a gorilla as his theme, knowing he worked at the Sanctuary. In fact Seunghyun’s character became popular thanks to his good looks and chiseled body that he started to have bookings outside of the bar and after a while he even started doing it frequently. Dara had assume that is when Seunghyun started taking the pay cut at Sanctuary and she felt bad being angry at him.

 

The two of them got more comfortable and talked about lots of topics during dinner after Jihyo left the table. Seunghyun noticed that Dara how beautiful Dara is and had continuously stared at her. He unconsciously smile every time he saw Dara smile or laugh. “You know Dara, you should smile more often. You look beautiful when you smile. I really like it when you smile.” Seunghyun had wanted to kill himself when he unconsciously said that. He immediately blushed and looked at the floor intently. Dara was shocked to hear Seunghyun’s confession and she also blushed hard and excused herself to go the toilet. Once she is inside the toilet, Dara stared at the mirror and asked herself why is she happy to hear Seunghyun’s remark. She tried to calm her excited heart but she just can’t stop smiling. She then noticed Jihyo walking in and stood beside her. “You know Dara, you are the first lady Seunghyun introduce to me since I know him. And I can tell from tonight that he liked you. I know he wasn’t your typical man since he worked with animals and as a stripper but I hope you won’t judge him based on that. I really hope you get to know more of him and who knows what might happen. But if he ever confessed to you, I hope you gave him the chance for I know he is a great guy.” Dara was shocked to hear those words from Jihyo but deep inside she agreed that Seunghyun is a great guy. “Jihyo, I think you are mistaken. Seunghyun is my colleague but I do have to agree with you he is a great guy. As to whether we will be more than colleagues, I cannot comment. Like you said, who knows what might happen in the future.” Dara had hugged Jihyo before exited the toilet.

 

After they exited the bar, Seunghyun had walked Dara to her car and before she board the car, Seunghyun had hold her hand and looked into her eyes. “Dara, thanks for today. I hoped we can do this more often.” Dara saw this dimpled smile and can’t help but to kiss his dimples and laughed when she saw Seunghyun’s shocked reaction. As Seunghyun walked back into the bar, Jihyo called to Seunghyun and tell him that she likes Dara and hoped to see her more often. Seunghyun smiled and said “You know what, I hope so too” before going up to his room. Seunghyun knew he is going to have a good sleep tonight and is looking forward to tomorrow.