Mornings Like These

Kaistal One-shots

Mornings like these were definitely her favourite.

 

She quietly opened the curtains and her smile widened as soon as the glints of sunshine poured into the room. She rose her arms in the air and stretched, sighing with relief. She opened the window just slightly, so she could feel the calm breeze dance around her. She reached for her coffee cup, casually interlocking her fingers within the handle of the cup, daintily lifting it to her lips to take a sip. She crossed her arms and gazed out the window, watching the city slowly wake up.

 

Suddenly, a pair of broad arms wrapped around her waist. Her back came in contact with a strong chest. For the second time that morning, her smile broadened.

 

"Morning, baby." A husky, low voice whispered. She shivered lightly and turned her head to look at him.

 

"Jongin." She breathed, before bringing her right hand to his face and placing a soft kiss on his cheek. She could feel his playful smirk against her lips and turned her body around to face him, his grip on her slightly lessening.

 

"You weren't in bed when I woke up, Soojung." He pouted. She chuckled and rested her coffee cup on the small table next to her. Silence filled the air. Even the sound of the cup touching the table could be heard. She flattened her palms on his chest until they came to rest, which had not gone unnoticed by him. She watched him smirk lightly before flickering up his gaze to look at her. She loved the way his eyes contained so much warmth and affection.

 

"Why? Did you miss me?" She teased, earning a gentle chuckle from him.

 

"So much. I feel so empty when I don't find you in bed next to me in the morning." He replied, causing her heart to pound faster. An apologetic smile formed on her face as she touched his muscular arm.

 

"I'm sorry," she responded, "I was feeling deep this morning." He light-heartedly smiled back at her, causing her to mirror his action. He encircled his arms around her waist again, tighter this time. She wrapped her arms around his neck and closed her eyes in satisfaction, inhaling his scent. She would never forget the combined  fragrance of lemon and jasmine he always had. It was refreshing, yet had a rich, sweet scent to it. She could hear his relaxed sigh ringing through her ears and clasped onto him more strongly, burying her face into his neck. His lips lingered around her ear, his warm breath grazing her neck, making her shiver a little.

 

"I love you." He said softly. Soojung couldn't stop herself from smiling and delicately withdrew the hug.

 

"I love you too." She said in response, voice silvery. His eyes softened at her reply and leaned forward, lips almost touching.  He released a sigh of satisfaction, biting his lip gently as he glanced at hers. She smiled gently, eyebrows raising, before leaning in to press her lips to his. She draped her arms around his shoulders again, bringing up a hand to run through his soft hair, which she knew he liked. She could feel him smiling against her lips, before pressing another full kiss on her lips, to which she returned. He wrapped her legs around his waist and started heading out of the living room. She broke the kiss and looked at him questioning. She had left her arms draping over his shoulders and was tracing circles on his neck.

 

"A re-run of last night?" She questioned. He laughed and rubbed his nose against hers. She wrinkled her nose cutely, causing him to smile. He couldn't help it; she was too cute.

 

"Nooo, I just want to spend the day cuddling," He replied, "Unless… you want to..." He looked down at her seductively and ran his fingers across her thighs, smirking when he heard her breath hitch. She finally came to her senses and glared at him playfully. His smirk widened and she hit his chest lightly.

 

"ert!" She teased, hooking her legs around his waist tighter so that her ankles connected. He gave her a mischievous look.

 

"You still love me." He stated confidently.

 

"Yeah," She laughed, "I do." He laughed too and they finally reached the bedroom. He carefully released her onto the bed. She dropped down and watched him take off his sweatpants and get under the covers.

 

"By the way," he said lazily, "My shirt looks good on you. You should keep it." He winked. Soojung looked down and smiled.

 

"It's really comfortable." She replied, before lifting it over her head until she was also in her under garments. They lay against the pillows, her head gently resting on his chest as they watched their fingers intertwine, enjoying each others' companies and smiling gently.

 

Mornings like these were definitely her favourite.