I Don’t Need Those Things (I don’t need anything)

The Seven Sins

Dedicated to passionhime and gonglyongdong

Sorry this took so long to get posted guys! I was having a little bit of trouble with the whole "Greed" concept and how to execute it throughout the story. I do think that this one has more of a friendship vibe to it based on the characterization of both the main girl and Infinite member, but you can all interpret it as you wish! Thank you so much for sticking by me (as well as Admin Li) and we should be posting more soon! So please look forward to that! 

The playlist for today's installment is as followed:

Don't Go - Exo
Crying (Japanese Ver.) - Infinite H feat. Becky♪♯
I'm In Love - Narsha
Breath (Chinese Ver.) - SM the Ballad
Fixed Star - Infinite
Moonlight - Exo

Now onto the story!! ~Admin Kelc

1.

 “So how do you like Earth?”

“It’s great here!” Greed chimes as he steps into the line at the register in the corner coffee shop, “Did you know that some stores allow you to buy things in really large quantities?”

Woohyun’s laughter echoes through his phone’s earpiece, “Yeah, it’s called buying in bulk.”

“Yeah! It’s great! I love it!” he giggles.

Greed shifts his cell phone to rest between his ear and shoulder as he quickly places his order and hands the exact amount of change to the cashier. He moves to the side and leans against the wall.

“Well there’s a lot more to Earth than just the stuff you can buy, you know,” Woohyun says.

“Hmm, really?” Greed replies, not really listening.

His attention focuses on a container full of coffee stirs and sugar packets. He grabs a handful of both and stuffs them into his backpack.

“Yeah, you’d be surprised what this place has to offer. The humans are more knowledgeable than you think.”

A barista behind the counter shakes a cup of iced coffee and calls, “Dongwoo!”

“Oh okay cool, I gotta go. I’ll text you later,” Dongwoo says quickly into his phone and ends the call before Woohyun can reply.

He walks over to the counter, grabs his drink along with a few too many napkins, and slips on a pair of sunglasses as he exits the shop.

---

He pushes the door open and glances around the shoe store. Designer brands line the walls and his eyes feast on the different colors and makes while breathing in the scent of the finest leather available on Earth.

As he strolls around the store, a woman dressed in pressed business attire and her hair tied back in a tight bun walks up to him.

“Can I help you, sir?” she asks, a hint of pretention lacing her tone as her eyes give him a once over.

Dongwoo takes off his sunglasses and rests them on top of his head. He grabs a shoe off of its shelf and inspects it for a few seconds.

“How much for this one?” he asks.

“Um, well, it’s one of our newer arrivals so it going to be upwards from four hundred,” she replies.

Dongwoo nods slowly and takes a languid sip of his coffee as he examines the left shoe in his hand and others on the wall. Out of the corner of his eye, he catches the associate sharing a condescending look with her coworker who’s standing at the register.

He smirks and rolls his eyes before slipping into a mask of innocence and turning around to face her again.

“I’ll take one of each,” he says, giving her the shoe.

“E-excuse me?” she asks with wide eyes.

“One of each,” he points to the shoe in her hands and the others on the wall, “Size eight and a half.”

He walks over to the register and slides a black plastic card across the counter.

“Charge it, please.”

---

He’s been on Earth for barely three hours and Dongwoo already walks down the street with dozens of bags swinging from his fingers. As he passes a small confectionary, a familiar face in the shop window catches his eye. He throws the door open.

“Sloth!”

A few patrons turn to look at him, but he ignores them. He shuffles over towards Sunggyu who’s standing next to a display of chocolate roses. A small girl with braided hair peers over his shoulder. 

“Oh, Gre – I mean, Dongwoo,” Sunggyu mumbles, slightly taken aback by the vice’s sudden presence, “What are you doing here?”

“It’s my turn,” he replies casually as he examines one of the roses.

“Right,” Sunggyu knits his eyebrows together, “I forgot about –”

His words get cut off when the girl standing next to him tugs on the sleeve of his cardigan. She looks at Dongwoo and gives Sunggyu a confused look.

“Oh, Dongwoo, this is Jinhee,” Sunggyu motions to the girl, “Jinhee, Dongwoo.”

“I would shake your hand, but mine’s are kind of full,” he holds up the bags with a bright laugh.

Jinhee gives him a small smile.

“You really need to work on that,” Sunggyu says, eyeing the shopping bags.

“Why? I’m Greed. It’s in my natures as one of the immortal –”

Sunggyu surges foreword and slaps a hand over Dongwoo’s mouth. 

“Don’t talk about that kind of stuff so loud,” Sunggyu hisses.

Dongwoo wiggles out of his hold, “What’s the big deal?”

Sunggyu glances warily over his shoulder. Dongwoo follows his line of sight to see Jinhee a little ways down the aisle, bent over a shelf prettily wrapped boxes, not paying attention to them at all.

“Ahh, you haven’t told her yet,” Dongwoo says with a smirk and a playful glint in his eye.

“No, I haven’t,” Sunggyu retorts, his eyes still on the braided haired girl, “So keep your voice down.”

“Are you ever going to?”

“What? Tell her that I was once the embodiment of the deadly sin of laziness and I gave up my immortality for her? Eventually. I just haven’t figured out how,” Sunggyu sighs.

Dongwoo maneuvers his bags to pat Sunggyu on the shoulder and the elder’s lips quirk into a half smile.

Jinhee walks up to them holding a small box, probably the smallest in the store. She looks up at Sunggyu, passing a silent message between the two of them that only Sunggyu would seem to understand.

“Are you sure you don’t want anything else?” Sunggyu asks.

She nods and plays with the golden bow on top of the box.

Sunggyu reaches into his pocket and takes out his wallet, pulling out his credit card. Her eyes widen when he tries to hand it to her.

“It’s okay,” he insists, “I worked an extra shift yesterday. I can buy this for you.”

Dongwoo’s head tips to the side as he watches the two of them argue quietly. Sloth works? He watches Sunggyu lightly push Jinhee towards the register with a small grin. She returns it with pout.

“You’re just going to buy that for her?” Dongwoo asks.

“Yeah, why not,” Sunggyu shrugs, “I know she makes it seem like she doesn’t like it when I buy her stuff, but I know she kind of does. Most girls do appreciate it when guys get them gifts.”

Dongwoo ponders the statement as a worker walks up to them.

“Are you finding everything okay?” she asks the two of them.

“Yes, I’m fine, thank you,” Sunggyu says simply.

“Great!” the worker turns to Dongwoo, “And you, sir?”

“Oh,” he glances around the store and his eyes land on a nearby shelf with a few dozen large boxes wrapped in silver paper. 

He turns back to the worker and points to the entire shelf over his shoulder, “How much for all of those?”

---

He runs up to the hotel elevator, his dozens of shopping bags rustling against each other, and reaches out towards the closing doors. Another hand from inside the lift comes in between the closing space and the doors bounce back open. He lets out a long breath as he steps inside.

“That was a close one,” the girl already aboard the elevator comments lightly as she draws her hand back her side.

“Yeah,” Dongwoo laughs as he looks into his bags and admires the contents like it’s his own personal treasure, “Thanks for holding the door.”

“No problem,” she nods in return and pauses her hand over the panel buttons, “What floor?”

That’s the first he looks at her and he almost kicks himself for not looking sooner. She’s pretty, not strikingly so, but unconventionally. The type of pretty that most would gloss over at first glance, but regret that they did later. But it isn’t her clothes or her hair that draws him in. It’s her eyes. There’s something about them that captures him. Is it their shape? The way they sparkle? How they are such a deep shade of brown they are almost black? He doesn’t know, but he likes them. And since he’s Greed, when he likes something, he has to have it.

“Seventeen,” he breathes.  

“Oh, same as me.”

The doors close and the elevator slowly starts to rise. They’re silent for a few moments, the only sound coming from the rustling of his bags.

“That’s a lot of stuff you got there,” she says, “Shopping spree?”

“Of sorts,” he replies, “But there was still a lot more that I wanted to buy.”

“Oh,” she looks slightly taken aback but laughs softly regardless, “Well, I hope you can go back tomorrow.”

He tries to stop himself from staring at her smile but he can’t help but Lust’s voice fills his mind.

“I hear human girls are really pretty.”

“Yeah, they are,” Dongwoo mumbles.

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, yeah, me too,” he says a little too quickly, “I hope … I can go back tomorrow … too.”  

He ducks his head towards his feet as the elevator comes to a stop at their floor. They both step out and walk down the hall in silence.

“So what are you here for?” she asks politely and he looks at her in confusion, “Business trip? Vacation?”

“Um, vacation of sorts,” he stutters out and tries to focus on the room numbers so he doesn’t pass his room on accident, “You?”

“My apartment’s getting renovated,” she answers, “I didn’t think it was necessary, but my parents insisted.”

They both coming to a stop in the middle of the hallway and pointing to two doors across from each other.

“Well, this is my –”

“I think this is my –”

They both stop speaking and look at each other in surprise before laughing.

“Well since we’re probably going to be seeing each other often, I’m Heeyoung,” she says with a pretty eye smile and he almost blatantly gapes.

She’s more than pretty. She’s beautiful.

“Dongwoo,” he somehow manages to voice.

She nods a little as she whispers his name to herself, the syllables rolling off her tongue effortlessly, “Well, have a good night and I’ll see you around, Dongwoo.”

She slips her keycard into the slot above the doorknob and pushes the door to her room open, giving him a small wave before the door clicks shut.

He stares at the spot she once occupied in a trance for a few seconds before whirling towards his own room. He fumbles with the keycard and misses the slot three times in his haste before managing to slip it inside.

Dongwoo kicks the door open with his foot and drops his bags on the ground. He pulls his tablet out of his backpack and throws himself onto the bed.

He thinks back to his conversation with Sloth as he opens up the website to a local flouriest.

2.

Dongwoo stares out of the peephole, body pressed against the door, as a man carrying a large flower arrangement knocks on the door across the hall. He holds his breath as he watches Heeyoung peer through the doorway and take the vase with a surprised expression.

She plucks the card from between the petals and reads the message. She looks up in the direction of his room and he ducks his head away from the peephole, hiding even though she can’t see him.   

He almost falls backwards at the knock on his door. He throws it open and finds Heeyoung standing on the other side.

“Hi,” he says a bit breathless as he leans against the door jam in an attempt to appear nonchalant.

“Hi,” she replies softly with a small grin as she hugs the vase of flowers to her side.

 Dongwoo puffs out his cheeks as he peers around, chanting “don’t stare, don’t stare, don’t stare” in his head.

“I, uh, got your flowers,” she bites her lip shyly as she plays with the petals of a lily.

“Oh, did you?” he mumbles, staring at the vase in her arms, fighting back the reflex urge to ask for it back.

“Mhmm,” she hums, “You really didn’t have to.”

Dongwoo’s focus jumps up to her face, “Do you not like them? I could take them back if you don’t want them.”

Her eyes widen, “No! I love them! It’s just … you didn’t have to buy me flowers because I held the elevator for you.”

“Oh, someone just told me that girls like it when you buy them stuff, that it makes them happy,” he makes a mental note to punch Sunggyu the next time he sees him.

“Well, the flowers are nice but a simple thank you would have been more than enough for me. But thank you anyway.”

When she smiles up at him, his heart swells. With what exactly? Is it happiness? Pride? He doesn’t know. But he dismisses the thought when he looks down the hall. The same deliveryman walks towards them, his arms full of different flower arrangements.

“Uhhh…” Dongwoo looks around in panic.

Heeyoung follows his line of sight and raises her eyebrows in shock, “Wow, who on earth needs that many flowers?”

“I don’t know, someone crazy probably?” he laughs nervously.

“Whoever it is, that’s ridiculous,” she shakes her head.

“Yeah,” he squeaks out with another awkward laugh. 

“Excuse me,” the deliveryman says, “are you –”

“No,” Dongwoo cuts him off.

“But the order says that these are for a Jang –”

“There must be a mistake,” he says quickly as he steps out into the hallway and shuts the door behind him, “I was actually just leaving. It was nice talking to you Heeyoung, I’m glad you like the flowers.”

He gives her a bashful smile before bowing his head towards the ground and briskly brushing past the deliveryman as he makes his way towards the elevators.

---

He catches a cab to another part of the city, the shopping district. He goes on a hunt for more gifts, eyes gleaming with excitement and his black credit card hot in his hand. He does end up buying a few, just none for the girl across the hall.

3.

When he steps out of his room the next morning, Heeyoung walks out into the hall at the same time, her cellphone pressed against her ear.

“But you promised that we would,” she whispers lowly, a slight agitation in her voice, “I already bought them.”

Dongwoo lingers in his doorway as he listens to her sigh.

“I guess it can’t be helped. Tell her good luck for me.”

She hangs up the phone with a huff.

“Uh, something wrong?” Dongwoo asks hesitantly.

“Oh, Dongwoo,” she says, her pout melting in a small smile, “It’s nothing.”

“It doesn’t seem like nothing,” he says as they both walk towards the elevators.

“Well, I was supposed to go to this new amusement park with my friend tomorrow but she cancelled last minute and I already bought the tickets,” she sighs again.

Dongwoo frowns at this. Why would she be sad? She has two tickets now instead of just one. Isn’t that better?

“… go with me?”

He is suddenly snapped back to reality, “Huh?”

“I asked if you wanted to go with me,” she repeats herself as she plays with her fingers.

“Wait, you’d give me the ticket?” he asks in pure confusion.

“I mean, I already bought them and I know we just met but … unless you’re busy or something.”

“No I’m not!” he rushes out, still trying to understand her thought process, “But you’d just give me the ticket? Just like that?”

“Well, yeah,” she laughs and Dongwoo thinks he can listen to her laugh forever.

“O-Okay,” he smiles.

4.

They meet in the lobby and a smile takes over Dongwoo’s face when Heeyoung excitedly waves at him. And his smile doesn’t waver for a second as they leave the hotel, walk down the street, or board the train.

“So where are you from?” she asks as she lightly holds onto one of the metal poles to steady herself as the train jerks forward.

“It’s kind of in the middle of nowhere, I don’t think you would know of it.”

He isn’t lying. Their castle is pretty secluded and away from everything else in heaven.

“I’m from a small town, too. The city is nice, but I really miss the simple life. Living without all the glitz and glam, you know?”

“I’m not sure what you mean,” he replies slowly.

“Like, there’s just so much … stuff here. Cars and stores and fancy clothes and restaurants. I don’t know, I just don’t really need any of that,” she shrugs.

As she looks up at the map on the wall and counts the number of stops before it’s their time to get off the train, Dongwoo observes her, interest in his eyes.

All his life, he thought that “stuff” was good. “Stuff” made him happy. The more “stuff” he bought, the happier he was. It wasn’t just the act of buying, but owning that truly made him happy and filled his body with warmth and ease. And he was always so sure that others felt the same. Or so he thought.

The train comes to a stop and the automatic doors fly open.

“This is us,” Heeyoung’s voice and a tug on his arm pulls him back to reality, “Let’s go!”

---

Amusement parks are much more exciting than Dongwoo anticipated. Rides to his left, characters to his right, the sound of laughter and screams of joy and terror all around him. But even more, there are just vendors everywhere. He can barely take it all in at once. Souvenirs, food, hats, t-shirts. He wants it all. And he probably would have run crazy if it wasn’t for the girl standing at his side.

“What’s that?” he points excitedly at a cart on the side of the walkway.

Heeyoung peers around his shoulder, “Couple headbands?”

“Let’s go look.”

He’s tugging her towards the cart before she can even respond. His eyes looks hungrily over the different racks and hooks, a pile of headbands beginning to form in his arms.

“Are you going to buy all of those?” she asks, eyes wide.

He nods simply and walks over to the cashier who also gives him a bewildered look.

Heeyoung’s expression doesn’t change as he swipes his card and signs on the dotted line. Dongwoo swings the plastic bag happily as he walks back over to her.

“Okay, all ready,” he hums before taking note of her expression, “Is everything okay?”

“Umm, yeah, it’s just,” she knits her eyebrows together as she tries to piece together her thoughts, “do you really need all of those?”

Dongwoo frowns and looks into the bags at the headbands.

He’s never really thought of that before, whether or not he really needs the things that he buys. He knows when he wants something, and when he wants, he buys, no matter the cost or quantity. But necessity, that has never exactly been something at the forefront of his mind before.

“I’m sorry, it’s none of my business what you do with your money,” Heeyoung shakes her head, a hint of remorse in her eyes, “You know what, just forget I said anything. Why don’t we just play some games? Maybe you win me a prize?”

Dongwoo’s eyes perk and Heeyoung gives him a tentative smile.

“Prize?”

---

“Wow, you’re really good at carnival games,” Heeyoung glances between the single stuffed dolphin in her hands and the dozens of stuffed animals in Dongwoo’s arms, “I didn’t think it was possible to win one of each prize.”

He simple laughs and hugs the plush animals closer to his chest as they walk around the game area. They pass by another game booth where a little boy stands forlornly in front of a game operator.

“Sorry kid, better luck next time,” the worker says.

The boy frowns and stares up at the stuffed animals handing on the wall.

Heeyoung pauses for a moment, biting her lip before walking over to the small boy.

“Hey, where are you going?” he calls out to her.

He watches her with a confused frown as she holds the only prize she won out to the boy. The boy looks at her before tentatively taking the stuffed dolphin with a bright smile.

“Why did you do that?” Dongwoo asks her when she returns to his side.

“He didn’t win anything and he seemed sad,” she shrugs, “It was the least I could do.”

She continues walking, leaving Dongwoo to stare at her curiously from behind.

---

“I had a lot of fun today,” Dongwoo says shyly as they walk down the hallway towards their rooms.

“Me too, thanks for coming with me.”

“Do you think … we could do this again?”

Heeyoung glances at him and tips her head to the side, “Go to another amusement park?”

“It doesn’t have to be an amusement park,” he stares down at his stuffed animals that are not neatly tucked away in a large souvenir tote, “We could go to dinner … or lunch … or shopping …”

She raises her eyebrows, “Shopping?”

Dongwoo’s eyes light up as she ponders the thought.

“Mmmm, okay,” she nods.

Dongwoo’s face splits into a huge smile, “Perfect.”

5.

“Let’s go in here, too,” Dongwoo says as he drags Heeyoung into a clothing store.

“Okay,” she breathes, slightly winded from trying to keep up with him.

Dongwoo darts further into the store, pulling various items off racks after a second’s glance as he goes. Heeyoung trails behind him. She glances at a few tops but always ends up putting them back where she found them.

Dongwoo reappears a few minutes later with dozens of different pieces of clothing hanging from his arms.

“Are you going to get anything?”

She shakes her head as she stares at the large amount of clothing that he’s holding.

“Why not?” he asks with a small frown.

“I just don’t need any new clothes right now,” she gives him a shrug.

She doesn’t notice the troubled look Dongwoo is giving her as she plays absentmindedly with the sleeve of a nearby chiffon dress.

“Are you going to get anything else?” she asks.

“No I think –”

But his words die on his lips when he spots a nearly folded t-shirt sitting on a display table. His stare locks in on the shirt; he doesn’t have one like that yet. 

As he grabs the shirt, another hand grasps onto the material at the same time. Dongwoo looks up and his eyes lock with a teenaged boy who looks like he as no intention of letting go of the shirt either.

“Hey, sorry man, but I had it first,” Dongwoo says with a light smile.

“We grabbed it at the same time,” the boy says, “And I’ve been searching for a shirt like this for forever and it’s the last one. Can’t you just let me have it?”

Dongwoo sets his jaw, eyes darkening as he stares at the boy.

“Dongwoo,” Heeyoung says from behind him, worry starting to lace her voice.

“No,” Dongwoo grits out lowly, ignoring Heeyoung and tightening his grip.

“Why not? You have so much other stuff already, what makes this one shirt so special?”

“Dongwoo just let him have the shirt,” Heeyoung mutters under her breath as she glances around at the store.

Other patrons and workers are beginning to look their way but Dongwoo ignores them. Instead, he throws all of the clothes handing from his arms onto the ground. Heeyoung gapes in shock. He yanks the shirt towards himself with both hands. It’s probably stretched out and ruined but he honestly doesn’t really care at this point. 

“Just give me the shirt kid before I –”

“Dongwoo, stop it,” Heeyoung says with a tone of absolute authority that makes both Dongwoo and the teenager look at her in fear, “You’re acting like a spoiled brat.”

She takes the shirt away from both of them and throws it back onto the table. She grabs his wrist and pulls him out of the store, apologizing to one of the workers on their way out.

They walk back to the hotel in silence. Apart from the hesitant glances towards Heeyoung, Dongwoo keeps his eyes trained to his shoes. He doesn’t look into the windows of any stores they pass or get drawn in by advertisers on the street.

All he can think about is the tone of Heeyoung’s voice, the disappointment in her eyes, and the thought that maybe he doesn’t need “stuff” to be happy, but something entirely different.

---

“Open your door.”

They are standing in front of Dongwoo’s hotel room and these are the first words that come out of the Heeyoung’s mouth since they left the clothing store.

“What …?”

She wordlessly motions towards the door with her head, not saying anything more.

Dongwoo slowly pulls his keycard out of his wallet and unlocks the door.

She pushes past him and enters the room only to stop a few feet away form the door.

Packages, shopping bags, and gift boxes fill the room, line the floor, and cover most of the furniture.

Heeyoung looks around with wide, shocked and horrified eyes.

“What is all of this?” she whispers.

“It’s all the stuff I bought,” Dongwoo replies.

“I know that,” she slowly turns to face him, “But why is there so much? Who is it all for?”

“Me, of course.”

“You have a problem,” she tells him.

“No, I don’t,” he mumbles as he almost trips on a few bags.

“Yes, you do,” she insists and point to the corner of the room, “You have about two dozen boxes of chocolate over there. Are you telling me that you’re going to eat all of that?”

“No, that would be ridiculous,” he scoffs.

“Then why do you have it?”

“Because I need it.”

“For what?”

It’s at that moment that he falls silent and Heeyoung sighs.

“You have a problem,” she tells him again in a voice so gentle, Dongwoo almost immediately agrees with her, “And I think I know a way that might help you get over this.” 

6.

Dongwoo sits on a bend in a park a few blocks away from the hotel. It’s a bit hot out and he would have bought himself a drink (or two, but probably three) but Heeyoung confiscated all of his credit cards so there’s that.

But he doesn’t have to wait long because a familiar girl walks up to him a few minutes later with about a dozen multi-colored balloons in her hand.

“What are those for?” Dongwoo asks as he watches the balloons bounce against each other every time a light breeze blows.

“They’re for you –”

“Me?” he asks excitedly.

“– to give away,” she finishes with a smile and his shoulders slump.

“Why are you doing this to me?” he whines.

“Because,” she promptly answer, “I figured your problem isn’t actually excessive spending, but excessive wanting and keeping. Maybe if you experienced how good it feels to give to others sometimes, then maybe, in time, you won’t have the need to want to keep everything you see. So give it a try, huh?”

She holds a balloon out to him and he actually almost refuses except the pleading look in her eyes has him taking the balloon with a reluctant sigh.

---

Dongwoo quickly learns that giving is not as easy as it sounds, especially when you are the immortal embodiment of Greed.

Attempt one ends in a small girls running away, yelling that he’s a “weird, scary man”. Attempts two through four end up with Heeyoung actually giving the balloons away instead of himself. Attempt five leaves a little boy in tears and Dongwoo in a pool of guilt. And the rest of don’t go much better.

“Here’s the last one,” Heeyoung sighs, “Just … try to give it someone.”

Dongwoo takes the balloon from her hand and glances around the park.

His eyes land on a woman sitting a few benches away from their own. Her head is bowed towards the ground and there’s a small office box next to her feet.

“Um, excuse me,” he says softly as he stands in front her.

She looks up at him with puffy eyes.

“I know it’s none of my business, but I noticed you looked a little down so I was wondering if you would like this balloon to cheer you up?”

He holds the balloon towards her. She glances between the balloon and Dongwoo, her expression unchanging for a few moments before her lips spread into a small smile.

“Thank you,” she says softly as she reaches for the string tied to the balloon.

She takes the balloon from Dongwoo. And he lets her.

She giggles behind her hand and he nods politely in return, a sort of happiness that he’s not quite familiar with filling up his entire body.

He walks back to Heeyoung in a daze, still trying to figure out what exactly this emotion is. He just gave something to someone else. So why does it feel like he’s gotten something in return?

“Oh my gosh you did it!” Heeyoung squeals and jumps up to give him a hug.

“Yeah,” he laughs a bit deliriously, “I did.”

“How do you feel?” she asks.

“I feel,” he pauses and glances back over to the woman who is smiling up at the balloon he just gave her, “good. I feel good.”

7.

Heeyoung checks her bag one last time before walking towards the door to her hotel room. When she opens the door to leave, a silver paper-wrapped box of chocolates with a yellow balloon tied around it sits in front of her door.

She bends down and picks up the box, a smile forming on her face when she reads the card attached to the gift.

“Thank you for teaching me that giving is much better than keeping. Dinner tomorrow night as a token of my gratitude? – DW”

---

A TV screen goes black and a remote control goes flying across the room.

“And we lost another one,” Pride groans and throws himself back into his arm chair, “Dinner with a human? What a petty reason to stay on Earth.”

“I’m not surprised though,” Gluttony says around a mouthful of popcorn, “There’s too many stuff on Earth that Greed would want. I mean there’s food … and food … and different types of food … The girl didn’t help either.”

“How come Greed’s never given me anything before?” Envy mutters.

Wrath rolls his eyes, “You’re all such big idiots. I just want to punch each of you.”