Strangers, Again

Strangers, Again [One-Shot]

AGAIN, this is inspired by Wongfu productions' Short film, "Strangers, Again"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdELZxEnHY

I LOVE LOVE THEIR SHORT FILMS. And this one just left me an inspiration.

I got the idea from them and followed the same theme and storyline^^

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Just like every other couples out there, we started of as strangers. It was as if I was on a blind-date meeting because she was perfect. Her mesmerizing eyes, her slender nose, her sweet toxic lips, everything about her and even the way she was breathing was perfect, as if she was artificial and was made according to my dream girl.

I finally had a day off. I usually either spend it with Shinee, or just sleep, but due to schedule conflicts, I was the only one who didn't have anything in my schedule today. I decided to explore and tour myself in the wonders of Japan. Freely walking to the bus stop with my headphones on, I noticed a Korean book that says, "Places to Visit in Japan" lying on the ground next to a girl. Her face was covered with her long brown hair as she keeps on looking to the left, waiting for the bus to come. I picked the book up and calmly tapped her on the shoulders. When she turned around, I was blown away by her beauty. She had a pale complexion, her lips appeared to look sweet, and her eyes make you enter a whole different world. Without saying a word, I placed the book in front of her and she took it. She stretched her small lips into a smile and bowed to me.

"Kamsahamnida." She said with her sweet voice.

"Y-you know that I'm Korean?" I couldn't help but stutter in front of her.

"Of course. You're Kim Jonghyun. You're everywhere in Korea and Japan."

"You've seen me before?"

She left out a small laugh and pointed at a billboard featuring Shinee. There, I went back to the real world. I forgot for a second that I'm an idol.

"Ah.. Nice meeting you. I'm Kim Jonghyun."

I said as if she never said that she knows my name. I extended my hand to her and smiled.

"You too. I'm Kim Haemi"

Kim Haemi. Even her name sounds pretty. She took my hand and shook it. Her hands are so soft, touching it makes me feel like I'm eating cotton candy.

"We both have Kim as last names. Are we related somehow?"

I asked jokingly. She just laughed at my words. If I told that to Kibum, he would punch me and tell me how corny I am, but here I am with a girl who is laughing sincerely at my jokes. From there, I knew that we passed by a melodious Stage 1: Meeting.

From there, we began to know each other and even exchanged our phone numbers. We explored Tokyo together with my heart racing with the butterflies in my stomach. My orginal plan was to go out for a few hours since I didn't get enough sleep and my next schedule is at 2 in the morning, but my mind went blank and my heart wanted to stay by her side all day, and so, I drank a lot of coffee while I was with her and never mentioned anything about me being physically tired. She even thought that my favourite drink was coffee. It's pretty pathetic what a guy could do just to please a girl. When it was already late at night, I walked her to the hotel she's staying at, turns out we're staying at the same hotel. I guided her to her room and stopped at the door.

"I had fun today"

I said with a shy smile.

"M-me too."

My heart beat even faster when I heard her stutter.

"Well.. goodnight"

"Goodnight"

Before she ran in her room, she tiptoed and kissed me on my left cheek.

_________________________

KIM HAEMI

_________________________

I rested my back at the door. What did I do? Haemi, are you crazy? You just kissed a guy you just met! Moreover, you kissed Kim Jonghyun!! I hit my head repeatedly until I felt my phone vibrate.

"Sweet dreams" -Jonghyun

I felt a smile form on my face. I jumped on the bed and just stared at his text message while smiling.

After that, we met again, and that was followed by another, and another, and another meeting, trying to Chase each other around in a circle, trying to get know more about each other: Stage 2. There was never a time when my heart beat sat at a normal rate or the butterflies in my stomach flew away whenever I talked to him whether it's via phone or seeing him personally. Because I only went to Japan to travel, I had to come back in Korea after 2 weeks. Even though it's just for a day, he would fly back to Korea just to hang out with me, just to talk to me, and just to see me. He made me his main priority sitting beside his dream. We reached the 100th day we met each other. On that day, he decided to suprise me with a date in an amusement park despite his lack of sleep due to his busy schedule. On that day, I was jumping in happiness and thought 'my life is complete'. That day will forever be tattoed in my heart. April 8th 2010. He asked me to be his girlfriend after singing me a song while playing the piano he had never sung in the media. A song he made for me just for me. About us. Our story. That leads us to..Stage 3: Honeymoon.

"Y-yes! What took you so long? I thought you'd never ask me."

I said as I pulled him into a hug. On the same day, we had our first kiss. I pulled back and met his gaze. He wasn't smiling or anything, but he kept his sincere eyes on me and I thought "This is it'.

He moved little by little, but my heart was beating like crazy. I closed my eyes as his sweet lips captured mine and toxicated me with its depth.

Starting from that day, we acted sweeter than we ever did before and skinship never left us. Within the few people we know, we were the sweetest couple in their eyes. Some even called us 'the perfect couple'. It was good that our relationship was never publicized. Even though it is hard to secretly go on dates, I really liked the fun of it, until a day ruined it all. The day I hated how our relationship was never publicized. I woke up seeing and watching the news of Jonghyun dating Shin Sekyung. It stabbed my heart million times. I felt like as if that news was sharper than any blades out there. I couldn't eat. I couldn't talk. It was hard for me to even move. She is prettier than me. She has everything that a guy would dream of. I cried non-stop and locked myself in the room. I hate this. I hate Jonghyun. I hate everything. Why couldn't we publicize our own relationship before and now I wake up to this news? Why...Why didn't he tell me anything? Why was I not aware of this? I was like a living stick. I don't understand. Is this true? I ignored his calls and texts and even ignored him when he went directly to my house. I couldn't stop crying even if I wanted to. Memories of him keep flashing back and every memories about him hurts me and crushed my hearts into bits.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was Jonghyun. I miss him. I really do. Despite everything that happened, I still love him.

I decided to answer it just do hear his gentle voice.

"Mi-a? Mi-a? Is this really you? Mi-a? Mi-a?"

Tears started to flow like crazy. I covered my mouth with my hands to prevent him from hearing me but I guess I was too loud.

"Mi-a! A-are you crying? Look, it's not like that. It's not true. It's just a public stunt. I love you Mi-a. I would never do this to you. Please believe me."

"I-it's not?" I said with my voice cracking.

"It's not Mi-a! I swear. I'm sorry. I really am. I should have told you beforehand. I'm sorry."

Jonghyun said while stuttering at some words. I could hint nervousness in his voice and his sincereness. I cried freely without holding back and barely said,

"JONGHYU-*SOB*HYUN..I'M SORRY I DIDN'T BELIEVE YOU*SOB*. I'M SO STUPID. I'M SORRY."

"Mi-a.. It's okay. I'm the one who should be sorry. I really wanna hug you right now. I miss you. I love you."

"I-I love you too."

__________________________

KIM JONGHYUN

__________________________

To think that the incident would make us stronger, but no. It made us comfortable around each other. You would be thinking, "What's so wrong about that?". It's that stage when you stop caring about each other. The stage where your heart is comfortably beating while you're with that person you are in love with. Stage 4: Comfortable.

We're temporarily back at Korea to train ourselves and get ready for our first Japanese album. I decided to call her and ask her out on a date when she just said the two words that hurt my chest.

"I can't."

"Why? Did something happen? Is everything alright?"

"No. It's just that.. I made arrangements with my friends. I haven't seen them for a long time babe. I'm sorry."

"Oh. Well... have fun."

I said as I hung up the phone. I also haven't seen her for a long time. Maybe I'm just being clingy. I need to stop being a needy boyfriend. I tried to get it off my head by practicing and practicing non-stop everyday.

"Hyung. Haemi is calling you."

Minho told me as he held my phone up.

"Just leave it there. I'll call her back later."

I woke up in the morning remembering that I had to call her back last night. I'm screwed. It didn't even enter my mind. I don't even remember how I fell asleep. I went to her house and there she is, not even looking into my eyes. I can feel Stage 5 coming.. Tolerance.

"Babe, I'm sorry."

She smirked and said,

"What's your problem? Is it because I cancelled out on our date and hung out with my friends instead? You're so immature."

"Immature?! Did you even think of how hurt I was when you did that? I haven't seen you for a month and that's what you do to me?"

"You know what? Why are you even here? If you're just going to tell me how wrong I am then just go away. I don't want to see your face."

I smirked at her statement.

"You know what? Maybe I will."

I walked away from her house with my eyebrows almost meeting. This is so pathetic. I came to her house to make up with her and what happened? We just fought! I, once again drowned myself into practicing. I danced like there's no tomorrow, but got interrupted when my nose started to bleed.

"AISSHH!!!!! Why is everything so messed up?!"

A tear escaped my eye and I just lied on the floor with my eyes closed, not even caring about my nose bleed. Suddenly, I felt something on my nose. I slowly opened my eyes, and saw Haemi.

"...Hae...mi."

"Sit-up. You're making it worse."

She said as she kept wiping the blood with her handkerchief. I stopped her hand from doing so and pulled her into a hug.

"I-I'm sorry.. Forgive me, please."

I said as I kept on crying.

"Pabo. That's why I'm here, aren't I? Stop crying! It doesn't suite your face. A dinosaur crying is really something.."

"YA!"

"AHAHAAHA. I'm just joking!"

"How did you know I was here?"

"Kibum told me how you do nothing but practice."

Kibum, I owe you big time. So, we already had two fights.. our relationship should get stronger and even better right? I don't think we'll ever learn. The last time, I was asked to have do a public stunt with Shin Sekyung because someone saw me on a date with Haemi. They thought that it was Shin Sekyung because they quite look alike from a far. They said that it'll be better if the public sees that I'm dating a celebrity, not a normal person. But to me, she's special, she's like a treasury that is hard to find anywhere in this world. Now, they're asking me to break up with Haemi because they think that I need to concentrate on our Japanese debut. I don't want to. I will never do that, so, instead they gave me busier schedules. Haemi wasn't aware of this. I don't want her to worry over this.

We're just at her house watching TV when I got a call from my manager, telling me that I have a sudden schedule.

"Babe, I have to go."

I kissed her on the lips and was about to go when she said.

"But you just came 10 minutes ago and I haven't seen you for weeks."

"I know, I know but I need to go. I'm sorry."

I held her by her waist and held her tight.

"I don't want to be like this."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't want to be just your second priority next to your dream."

I let go of her and let out a big sigh.

"For Christ's sake, Haemi. We weren't doing anything anyways. Were just watching TV!"

"So now you're telling me that I'm making you bored? Fine! Just go. It's been always like this anyways. I'm just always next to that almighty dream of yours!"

"Are we seriously arguing about this?"

My phone rang once again and it was my manager yelling at me because I'm already late.

"I have to go. Let's talk about this some other time."

I walked out without waiting for her response.

I thought that it's just another one of our fights where we get to solve it so I didn't even bother agonizing about it. I thought that everything's going to be alright. I didn't see Stage 6 coming.. The Downhill.

We didn't contact each other for good 2 weeks. Everynight, I will get so anxious, waiting for her calls or texts, but nothing came. She never came. What even happened? I'm going crazy just thinking about the childish arguement we had. It's not even worth aruguing for, and I don't even think it's even worth solving for now.

The time came when I have to go back to Japan to start promoting with Shinee. I decided to see her one more time. The last meeting. Last farewell. We're on the stage where we reached the finale.. Stage 7: The Break Up.

I called her to meet on a bus stop. I don't even know if she'll come or not. Suddenly, I saw a familliar figure. It's her. My heart raced once again just like how it did during our first meeting. As soon as she arrived, the bus came and so we rode it and sat at the very back just like we did the first time we met. I decided to break the silence and said,

"I'm..coming back to Japan."

She didn't say anything but just kept on looking at her bag that is sitting on her lap.

"W-we..we need to..to break-up."

I almost couldn't say it. My voice was trembling from sadness. I looked at her bag and saw water dropping one by one. I looked at her face to see that it's her tears. She's crying. Once again, I made her cry. I cupped her face with my hands and kissed her forehead. I know she doesn't like it when people see her cry, and so I leaned her head on my chest, while I caress her hair. She never said a word and we stayed like that until the bus came back to the stop we were at. She stood up first and I did after. When I was out of the bus, I saw her figure getting smaller and smaller each step she made in the darkness. I watched her until she walked into a corner. She didn't look back. Not even once. Is this the end of us?

After that, there wasn't a time when she ever left my mind, my heart. I would always call her just to hear her voice.

"Hello? Who's this?"

I remained silent.

"Who's this? Look, I have no time to deal with your prank calling!!!"

She would hung up after that. Sometimes, I would think that I've just gone completely crazy. This is so childish. So immature, just like how she would describe my personality.

After three months, I went back to Korea for a short visit. I went to the bus stop and saw a familiar figure. It's her. Her beauty is still glowing, her smile is still so angelic as ever. I was about to tap her on the shoulders when suddenly, I saw a guy come up to her and wrap his arms around her. They were smiling as if they were enjoying every moments together. She turned around and saw me.

"Oh.. Is that you? Jonghyun? How are you?"

She said to me with no pain hinted in her voice. How am I? I'm here, still not over you. Did you know that I'm the one that would always call you without saying anything? No? That's cool since I see that you're with some other guy now.

"Oh.. uh.. haha. Everything's good. Everything's so busy, I forgot about everything I left here in Korea. So crazy."

I lied. I wouldn't want to sound bitter in front of her and her new boyfriend. No, I wouldn't want that.

"I'm happy for you! Yeah. I saw your debut in Japan. You're even more popular now. Oh yeah. This is Lee Woohyuk. Woohyuk, this is Jonghyun."

"Yeah. She told me about you! Nice to meet you man." The guy said.

"You too."

I said and faked a smile.

"Well, see you around Jonghyun~ It was really nice seeing you again."

She waved her hand and entered the bus. I was going to ride that bus. Whatever. That would even be more awkward if I rode that with them.

I went back to our dorm and directly went to my room. Pictures of us are still lingering around my room. Everything in my room reminds me of her, her laugh, her gaze, just everything. I held the picture of us-her kissing my cheeks and me smiling like I got the whole world. This is crazy. I laid down my bed with my hands still holding the picture. I miss the time when that stranger didn't just leave, but smiled at me, laughed with me, and made my heart go crazy. Now, where's that stranger? She just brushed off my shoulders as if the memories between us never existed.

_________________________________________________

[2nd Arguement]

I was about to go, when I turned around and went back to her house. I saw her trying to hold back her tears.

"I'm sorry. I was wrong. No, we can't talk about this some other time. We need to fix this now."

"Why are you here? Aren't you busy? Just go."

"No. I'm not going until we fix this."

I told her about how SM is making me break up with her and just about everything that I hid from her. With a relief of sigh, I could say that we made up. I skipped my schedule. I know that I will get in trouble with my manager later but I would never want us to go on Downhill. We're just sitting on the couch, my head rested on her lap while our hands are intertwined.

"What do you think is going to happen to us now?"

Her words left me speechless.

"We can't just hide like this forever. What's your plan for...for us?"

I still remained silent but decided to answer.

"I honestly don't know...."

"We're gonna have to break up sooner or later..."

"No, we're not. Don't say that." I tigned the grip on her hand. The thing she just said left me in fear.

"Well, are you planning to marry me?"

I don't know what's the answer for that. Isn't it kind of a little early for us to be talking about marriage?

"If we do break up.. are we going to continue being friends? Or are we going to act like we're strangers again?" She asked.

"All I know is that, the memories I shared with you will be safely kept in my heart. I will treasure it and I will always be grateful for those times."

________________________________________________

I'm sorry for the errors >.<