Heartbeat [ONE-SHOT] [G]

Heartbeat [ONE-SHOT] [G]

 

It was a cold night. The young boy was impatiently walking around his room.

                “Oh where the hell is he. I told him he should be here 15 minutes ago.”

Sandeul was getting ready to sneak out tonight. He had never done this before. He was sneaking out with his bestfriend tonight. And what better way to spend the whole night was to watch a scary movie at 1 in the morning.

He reached over his phone and dialed his lagging friend.

                “Yo! This is Baro. Leave a message after the beep aight?”

                “You stupid pig, where the hell are you? I’m waiting in my-“

He heard rocks getting pattered at his window. It was Baro smirking and mouthing, “Let’s go!”

Sandeul hurriedly walked down his dorm stairs and entered the vehicle.

                “You’re late. We have rehearsal tomorrow. I know I should never-“

                “Calm your . I got held up in traffic.”

Sandeul looked at him and rolled his eyes.

                “It’s 12 am. There’s no traffic.”

He his headlights and drove off. They were watching the new White movie. It was starring Eunjung from T-ara. Sandeul heard it was really scary from his noona Gyuri when she tweeted a review about it.

                “Are you ready for this movie Deul? Are you sure you won’t scream like a girl this time?”

                “NO. Stop treating me like a little kid. I’m completely ready for this. I watched Grudge 2 and The Human Centipede before we left. Hehehehe”

                “Dear god you watched The Human Centipede? That movie’s absolutely disgusting.”

They got to the movie place and headed to the ticket booth. They saw that only one person was working late that night. They headed to him acting like college students instead of high school ones.

                “Aren’t you two too young to be out?” said the ticket holder

The ticket holder looked like one of those late twenties kind of guy. He had an aftershave and eyes that could make you tell the truth and pee your pants.

                “Well you see this is my little brother and we wanted to watch a movie really badly. Have you heard the movie White?” said Baro

                “Yeah I have. It’s an R rated movie. Are any of you both 19?”

                “I Am.” said bar trying to look all tough. It seemed like the ticket holder wasn’t buying any of this at all, but he just shrugged and said,

                “Okay.  That’ll be 25,000 won.”

Baro handed him the money.

                “Okay, your movie starts in 20 minutes. You will be watching it in auditorium 12. Just make a left next to that claw machine. Enjoy your movie.”

We got into the theaters and walked in the middle of the snack bar. To their surprise there were actually a fair number of people in the theatres. What differentiated them from the other people were that they were high schools students.

                “You want something? I’m kinda hungry.” Sandeul moaned.

                “You know how unhealthy theater food is? Ewh, you have better chances at Mcdonalds.”

                “Well I’ll take my chances.”

Sandeul walked over to the snack bar and ordered a large popcorn and a small drink. After that, they headed to the auditorium to watch the movie.

It was already the middle of the movie and Sandeul was already off his seat because of how the movie frightened him.

                “Dude, sit straight, and let go of my arm!” Baro ordred while trying to get his arm back.

                “I don’t like this movie… Hyungggg, I don’t wanna watching this anymore.”

                “I knew you were too scared for this movie. Well I don’t wanna waste my money, I’m still gonna watch it.”

Baro suddenly put his arm around the scared little boy and placed him on his chest.  Sandeul felt Baro’s heartbeat and his chest was warm. The scared little boy felt safe under his arms. It was so warm Sandeul started getting sleepy. His eyes were starting to close. The screaming from the movie was totally ignored. All he could hear was the synchronized heartbeat of Baro’s heart.

 —-

Sandeul woke up to the engine of the car. He was leaning against to the window still half asleep. 

 “… Where are we?” said the sleeping boy

 “You fell asleep on me. I didn’t notice till you started drooling on me. You see this?” He pointed to a wet spot on his shirt “That’s your drool.”

 “You could’ve woken up me up. You didn’t have to carry me all the way to your car.”

 “I know. But you looked peacefully asleep I didn’t wanna wake you.”

“… How was the movie?”

“It was alright, I thought it would be scarier.”

Sandeul looked at him with a face.

“Really? That wasn’t scary? What are you?”

“I didn’t say it was scary. I’ve just seen scarier ones.”

They got to Sandeul’s dorm. It was 3:37am. Sandeul still fell asleep was too tired to walk back to his room.

“Hyung… Do you think you can carry me up to my room pretty pleaaaase?” said Sandeul with puppy eyes.

“Stop calling me hyung okay? You’re older than me.”

Baro got out of the car and opened Sandeul’s door. He squatted down and said,

“Here, get on.”

Sandeul sluggingly got on the rapper’s back and put his arms around his neck. Baro got up and started walking up the stairs.

“…What do you want me to call you then?”

“I don’t know? How about my real name?”

“Opppppa. I’ll call you Oppa…” Sandeul was slurring his words.

“You should’ve never drank that soda. Your always like this when you drink soda.”

“…Like what?” the “drunk” boy whispered to Baro’s ears.

“Uhmm… We’re here. Where’s your keys?”

“…Keys? Oh… I left them… Oh yeah! I left them in the car!”

“UGGGGGGHHHH! What the heck!”

Baro walked down the stairs again with a heavy load on his back and picked up Sandeul’s keys and ran back upstairs. By the time they were up there, Baro was already out of breath. From Baro’s back, Sandeul started opening his door.

“Where’s your bedroom?”

“…Over there… Next to the bathroom.”

They walked in the dark hallway and turned where Sandeul’s room was. Baro walked up to Sandeul’s bed and right when Baro was about to let go, Sandeul dragged him along with him making Baro lay right on top of him. In the process making both their lips crash on one another.

Baro broke away and realized that Sandeul fell asleep already. He touced his lips and looked back at Sandeul. 

 

“…Oppaaaaaaa, good night~” said the half-asleep boy.