TThS

TThS

 

 

 

 

 

 “Niel-ah, I’m wondering how long your relationship with Changjo will last”

“That’s the most stupid thing you’d ever said to me hyung” Masking the insult he felt with a chuckle, Niel stopped playing a game from his phone.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I saw you stood in front of the door of my apartment and surprise was written all over your face the moment our eyes met. I can’t forget that time when you gave me the warmest smile I’d ever seen in my life. That was how we first met--- my most memorable Tuesday.

 

 

“So you’re Bang Minsoo” I stretched out a hand that was shook by his after he was done pulling inside those peculiar types of luggage in different sizes.

 

My name is Ahn Daniel

 

 That soft and calming voice that I hope would sing me a lullaby whenever I suffer from insomnia. Eargasmic. Totally.

Those simple words gave that familiar feeling which I thought I would never experience once more got me excited but upon digesting what he’d told me, I realized, he wasn’t Bang Minsoo…

He’s not the newest occupant of the apartment I’ve been renting for so long…

He’s not my roommate..

 

I was very disappointed.

 

“I’m not Bang Minsoo but I would be renting here from now on”

I was caught off guard, wondering if he has that ability to read minds or was my disappointment that obvious? Despite that, I couldn’t hide my confusion but I think it was more appropriate than to see me happy all of a sudden after learning he’s actually my roommate. That thought alone probably would creeps him out.

“Minsoo hyung and I decided to switch apartments”

He gave me that oh- so- bright smile that blinded my eyes but in a nice way. Truth to be told, I was curious about his relation to that supposed to be roommate of mine, Bang Minsoo. They seem pretty close and I can’t help but to frown thinking there’s something deeper than friendship or a senior-junior type of closeness they share.

 

“Do you want something to drink?”

 

I realized I haven’t said anything for a while but what I just asked him was the least I expected my mind would suggest.

Just don’t give me something strawberry flavored”

He comfortably took a seat to the couch which also became my bed whenever I come home drunk and wasted but then, a problem got me. Before checking the fridge, I realized I don’t have any other kinds of refreshments except for numbers of bottled water. I made a mental note to self that moment. Buy juice, soda or banana milk next time.

I never decided that because of him. He wasn’t the main reason. I just want to be prepared if ever visitors would come, I would have something to offer. Talking about hospitality. Lame excuse? Totally not.

 

“The coffee was great” He said after gulping the last drop of the bitter sweet liquid in my favorite cup.

I don’t have any option. That was the only beverage I can offer and there’s no way I will serve him water. I gave him coffee. Black. I know he already had that thought that I’m a complete idiot. Who would serve someone a cup of coffee in a middle of a hot summer noon? I just pray and hope that his first impressions about me won’t last.. well, only the negative ones.

“Your name is Ahn Daniel, right?” I asked to destroy that awkward silence deafening to my ears.

“Yes. Music Major”

No wonder. It definitely suited him. How his words became beautiful melodies to me, how his laughs became rhythmic beats which were in synchronized with those of my heart. Good thing he can’t read minds or he would really be freaked out for sure. I myself got creep out by the thought too.

“Math major. I’m Lee Byunghun by the way” I smiled. I assured myself to give him the most genuine one but I felt something was wrong with that readable expression on his face. I didn’t know that telling a name to someone would be that shocking. I noticed how his eyes got wide after I spoke.

 

“You are not Lee Chanhee?!”

 

 

 

And that was his turn of being disappointed.

                                                                                                                                                                              

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Comments are very much appreciated  ^__^V