Thank You

Thank You - Soohyun

Cleaning all day and being the housemaid wasn’t your favorite thing to do, but you liked a nice clean house anyways. Humming to some songs that were playing in the background you cleaned all of the dishes and washed the floors, cleaned the clothes and sheets. But no matter how much you kept your mind occupied, you always kept thinking of your boyfriend, Soohyun. Minding your own business, you finally finished everything with a few minutes to spare. So you decided to sit on the couch and watch some tv before Soohyun came home.

The door opened as you looked over your shoulder at Soohyun in the doorway as he hung up his jacket and slipped off his shoes.

"Hey jagiya~" Soohyun chirped as he rubbed his eyes gently, shuffling over to the kitchen.

"Hey, how was practice?" You asked as you turned around to watch him closely.

"Fine, just like yesterday." He snapped back as he poured some rice into a bowl then heated it up as he loaded the sink up with dirty dishes again. You sighed at the reminder of the now dirty dishes as they clinked up against the sink.

"Aish, can’t you keep something clean for a few minutes." You snapped as you were tired and worn out and you didn’t even remember the last time you heard ‘thank you’ from anyone, especially from Soohyun.

"What? I am hungry." Soohyun said as he heard the chime from the microwave as he turned around to take out his now warm rice.

"Ah, just forget it." You mumbled as you got up from the couch and walked over to the sink and started washing the dishes again. Soohyun walked to the kitchen table as he watched you wash the dishes.

"So what did you do today?" He tried to turn things around so that you would try to talk to him.

"Cleaned, washes dishes, pretty much anything that you don’t do." You said as you scrubbed the plates.

"What is that suppose to mean?" Soohyun said as he finished his meal, hesitant to put the dirty bowl into the sink.

"I clean, I wash, I try and make everything look presentable and pretty but then I don’t… I don’t…" You dried your hands as you wanted to just cry, feeling under appreciated by everyone.

"You don’t what?" Soohyun asked as you ran by him and shut the bedroom door behind you. He got up and slipped the bowl into the soapy water as he then walked up to the door an knocked on it gently. "Take a shower, it will help you relax."

Sitting on the bed you let your tears fall as you took his advice and slipped yourself into the shower. Soohyun heard the water turn on as he sat on the couch and read some articles about him that were posted.

Soon after you walked out in a long sleeved shirt and some shorts as you sat on the far end, completely away from Soohyun. He looked over at you gently trying to figure you out like a jigsaw puzzle as you ran your fingers through your damp hair. Flipping off the TV you looked at Soohyun with mad eyes.

"You didn’t answer my question." He said as he leaned closer to you, "You don’t what?" He repeated the question again as he waited for your answer.

"I don’t… I don’t feel… appreciated. I stay here and clean all day then you come home and make a mess for me. On your days off, you don’t even help me clean, you just sleep and eat. That is all you do." You began to cry as you wiped your own tears away on your sleeve. 

"You do so much for me and I see everything that you do. You are appreciated." Soohyun moved closer to you, gently rubbing his fingers on your exposed legs.

"You haven’t even said thank you. I feel like your maid." You said as you sat still.

He gently moved closer to you as his other hand wrapped around your back as his head gently rested against your wet hair as he smelt the beautiful scent of your freshly washed hair. Moving his lips to your skin, he kissed your cheek gently, then kissed it again softer.

"Soohyun, please." You tried to move away but he didn’t let you.

"Thank you, thank you for everything you do for me." He whispered gently in your ear. He pressed his lips gently against your jawline again, "Thank you for washing the dishes" He kissed you again, moving his way down your neck, "Thank you for doing the laundry," Kiss, "For making the bed" with more and more kisses, he listed off everything that you do for him as you began to cry more, those two words you desperately needed to hear as you brushes his cheek with your fingers that were peeping out through the sleeves.

"Thank you." You said quietly as he pressed his lips onto yours. Letting the kiss linger longer, he wrapped his hands tightly around you lifting you onto his lap without breaking the kiss until he wanted to, his eyes gently looked upon yours.

"Thank you for being with me." He finally said as you smiled happily.

"You’re Welcome."