Ch.1- Hey New Kid...

I Just Want to Know

I woke up as if it were any other day, but for some reason It felt like today would be a lot different. It was just this feeling I had like no other feeling before, and it didn't help that I had taken a day off yesterday because I was sick. Slowly I got up and began my daily routine. I grabbed a towel and headed to the bathroom for a quick shower and a brush of my teeth before I brushed my hair into a rushed little fringe and put my school uniform on. I hoped against all hope that I didn't have to much homework to finish when I got back to school. With one last look in the mirror I headed out of my room and down the hall to the kitchen.

"Chanhee is that you sweetie?" My mom yelled. I smiled and hugged her.

"Deh. Umma." I replied. Reaching over her I took up my lunch and some of her breakfast before hopping back and grabbed the car keys.

"Yah!!!" She complained slightly and hit my arm before I was out of reach. My mom was a nurse at the hospital and had really hectic shifts. Since a very early age I would always go to school by my self, and she would pick me up with her car. When I got my license last year I began to drive myself to school and my Umma would then drive to work. At the end of the day we'd go home together. Umma laughed and we made our way in the jeep outside it with a muffled roar like usual and I drove off. The whole way to school we bantered about the way I drove. Pulling up I stuck my tongue out at her and grabbed my bag.

"My driving is perfect." I said evenly. She just smiled and drove off as if to prove a point. I rolled my eyes and turned around only to find that every was staring right at me. I gulped and straightened my back used to the staring by now. Being the Kingka of the school I was used to people staring at me and sometimes I even liked the attention but today it felt entirely different from the usual stares and I didn't like it. For a moment while I made my way up to the school the stares got more intense along with the weird silence as if they were waiting for something. Every eye was trained on me in that short time span. Then like a damn breaking the silence exploded into a sort of excited buzzing. I got inside and was bombarded with noise. Whispers and full blown arguments popped up everywhere. As I walked past to my locker I caught little patches of the conversation.

"OMG!!!! Have you seen the new kid!!! He is so hot!!! Oh and did you know he's from Abilene Academy!!! You know he transferred yesterday right!?" 

"That new kid is awesome. Yesterday he just came in Miss Kim's room and took over. no problem! He is such a Kingka it's unreal! I heard he used to  be Abilene's Head Kingka but he got in some fight with a kid for mouthing off and got kicked out."

"I heard he changes his hair color every week! Cool right."

"Hey maybe...Maybe he's going after Chunji's spot?" One girl said. It was so quiet I could barely hear it over the clank of my locker closing, but I did hear it. My blood ran cold then began to boil. I bit my lip and stormed my way toward the student council room not caring that anyone with two brain cells could tell I was angry.

'Good. Talk about me being angry. I don't care. I just want to know who this New Kid is and why he's invoking on my territory!!!'

My friends and fellow Student Council peers were already there talking to each other no doubt about this mysterious new kid. They stopped talking and looked up at me when I came in. I watched disapprovingly as Niel began to fix his hair and slip from CAP's lap.

"Chunji Hyung!!!" Ricky Squeaked excitedly. I hugged Ricky on my way to my seat and smiled knowingly at the blushing CAP and Niel. Changjo just rolled his eyes at us. Finally i sat down  and sighed knowing what I was going to bring up would start a  long and awkward conversation.

"I want to know about the new kid everybody has been talking about. What's up with him?" I asked. All the boys sat in their respective chairs and I sighed again looking at my vice president's chair. My last Vice president had gone and transferred to a different school in a whole different district. We were suppose to hold elections for a new one soon and I was dreading it. I looked at Niel knowing that he was the most likely to have the information at least the juicy kind since he was basically the head of the school's gossip ring. He just looked at me for a second before breaking into a sly smile.

"Ok fine. What do you want on him?" He asked. Dramatically rolling his eyes at me. i smiled satisfied.

"I want every bit of real information you have on him. I mean every bit. Don't hold out on me Niel. You know I'll be able to tell." I said. Niel smirked at me the leaned back in his chair.

"All I know is he came from Abilene not because he got into this huge fight. That rumors wrong. He came came here because the Principal is his Grandfather. His parents died like 2 years ago and his aunt was taking care of him but she just got married so he came to live with the old man. That's all I got." He said. I wanted to know more, but if what Niel was saying was true could this guy really be a threat? I needed more information to be sure. Slowly I slid back in my chair and crossed my hands in front of myself so that I could clearly see all of them.

"Does anyone else have anymore info?" I asked. Ricky looked up shyly and raised his hand.

"Yes Ricky." I said softly. Ricky perked up and scooted closer to me.

"Well Changjo and I were heading to the room and we heard that he was pretty good academically, and he's super goods at sports. He tried out for the Football, Basketball, Lacrosse, and Soccer Teams. also he seems dead set on getting Co-Captain now that he's been accepted on the teams. Right CAP." Ricky said looking over at CAP who happened to be the captain of all the sports teams at school except track and cross country(which was my area. My lithe frame and long legs made me good at that stuff but it just made it harder with other sports except basketball but I never liked that sport anyway.) Quickly everyone began to chat about what Ricky had said about the new kid.

"Ok. That was helpful. so before I let you guys go do you guys have any other information." I said. smiling at them all. my smile slipped a bit when they all went mysteriously quiet all at once. I knew what this quiet meant. They were hiding something from me.

"Well come on. It can't be that bad." I huffed out unhappily. They looked at each other anxiously trying to figure out who would tell me the secret they were keeping. Finally Ricky began to speak again.

"I didn't tell the whole truth hyung. When I was at my locker...I heard some... things. Things about you... and the new kid. People have been saying that with his good looks, and past as a Kingka. Maybe he might surpass you as head Kingka of the school." He finished in a whisper. This is what I was afraid of. I sighed and stood up and began to pace the room. Their worried eyes followed my every move to see how I would react to the softly stuttered news just delivered to me. Slowly but surely I turned back to them with a reassuringly smile. They seemed a bit surprised but quickly covered it with smiles of their own.

"I'm ok with that. I'm not concerned right now anyway."  I said. My voice sounded forced, but right now I couldn't care less right now because the hadn't noticed it. "Excuse me." I said making my way to the door and out of the room with all of my books bundled in my arms. The hallway was quiet and everyone was in class except for a few kids making their way to the office or doing a teacher's errand. I headed for the bathroom across the hall with their voices still ringing in my head wondering if I was really ok, but I knew I wasn't ok. I was horrified! In the day I had been gone sick in bed some kid had come in and made everyone believe that he could do this better than me!! That he could even take my spot as Kingka!  I scoffed and pushed open the bathroom door to find someone already in there. Normally I'd try and be sociable. I'd smile at the person and acknowledge they were there, but right now I just didn't feel like it. That didn't stop me from analyzing him as I went over to the side bench and slumped down into it. He sat comfortably perched on the window sill looking out over the high school's lawn like he had every other place to be but here. His leg was hanging off the side while his other leg was bent holding his folded arms up to his handsome face.

He seemed bored, but his dark eyes gleamed with mischief and a playfulness that was almost unsettling, but it drew me to him in the weirdest way possible. It made me want to somehow see what else his eyes could shine with. Just sitting there he looked absolutely breathtaking and he gave off the sort of vibe that practically screamed he had power, but there was also rough sweetness and a hint of that playfulness I saw in his eyes. It made my head confusingly fuzzy and my thoughts get muddled. I shook my head trying to clear it and frowned.

I slouched more in my seat than before, but instead of making me seem smaller it seemed to attract the strangely beautiful boy's attention instead. I suppressed a groan at that and bit my lip in frustration.

'There goes looking at him secretly. I'm so not looking for any attention at all!!! Not even from this guy.' I thought unhappily as the boy flipped his crinkled purple hair and jumped down from the window sill and began to walk over the bench I was currently occupying. He looked at me for a second before sliding in next to me on the tiny bench and getting comfortable. I glanced at him icily and scooted away from him. I could feel the blood in my cheeks begin to tingle even though I had given the boy the cold shoulder it didn't change the fact that he was super hot and sitting very close to me. The guy scoffed and I looked at him confused. He smirked back at me and scooted closer. Closing the distance I had made.

"No one has ever just ignored me like that...it's hot." The guy said leaning in a bit. His breath ghosted over my face and once again I felt the blood in my cheeks tingle and begin to heat up. There  was a clear question in his tone though. He was asking why I was ignoring him or even how I could. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him.

"I seriously don't want to have this conversation at the moment. My life has taken a turn for the worse since I got back to school and began hearing about a certain person." I said dryly. He looked at me sharply as if he seriously doubted that someone actually made MY LIFE harder.

"And who might this person be?" He asked raising his perfect eyebrows. I could tell he was just indulging me so I just rolled my eyes at him and smirked.

"It's the new kid that everyone has been talking about. I mean I'm the school's head Kingka for now but everyone is questioning that with this dude! They think that since he's new and he's hot and has good grades that  he'll somehow be a better Kingka or something. I can't stand it!" I said. My face was hot and my eyes were threatening to shed angry tears.

The guys eyebrows slowly lowered and he smirked at me. His eyes had developed that weird gleam of mischievousness from before it gave me goose bumps.

"I should probably go. You know I'm probably boring you with my whining and such." I said nervously. He just smiled at me his eyes glinting even more. I gulped and grabbed my stuff prepared to leave when he suddenly reached up and took my wrist. My head whipped around in surprise and I jerked my wrist away but he had it in a strong hold.

His faced was a mere inch away from mine. Slowly he leaned in. It was like a dream one minute I was about to push him away and the next he was kissing me. My eyes closed in shock  and when he let go of my hand it went to his shoulder. I had no idea if it was to pull him closer or to push him away from me. He pulled me closer to him and pushed me back up against the wall. His knee slipped up in between my thighs and I gasped in shock and arousal at the intrusion. He grinned and slid his tongue in my mouth. I whimpered as I valiantly tried keeping in the little kitten moans trying to seep out around his soft lips. It was like he somehow knew inside and out in all the best ways. Like he knew how to drive me crazy. My head was fuzzy and I didn't know what was happening anymore. His hand moved to go under my shirt. Suddenly it's like I was shot with adrenaline and my mind cleared. I fully understood what was going on and what we were doing. I opened my eyes and pushed him away. He seemed surprised for a minute before he pulled himself together with a smirk. I backed away.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!" I yelled tears in my eyes. He had stolen my very first kiss!!! He smirked and began to back me up against the wall again but this time I was angry. Before he could take another step I punched him in the arm.

"Why'd you do that!" He hissed.

"Because you were trying to kiss me!!! Again!!" I yelled.

He laughed  and grabbed me before I could squirm away and put his lips next to my ear.

"I did it because I like you. I like that from what I hear you're crazy and different and you don't like me. I've never had that happen before. I mean I'm so used to getting my way. I want you and I want to make you like me too. I want you to be mine." He stepped closer to me, "I can't be called 'New Kid' all the time. My name is Byunhyun but call me L.joe." He said. I almost fainted. L.joe was the new kid. I was talking about him this whole time! Criticizing him and gripping about how I hated him and he was right there all along listening!!!

L.joe smirked and winked at me before walking out of the bathroom with one last look. Leaving me feeling shocked and still angry about him taking my first kiss and not telling me from the beginning who he really was.

'This day is going horribly.' I thought as the bell rang for me to go to class.

A/N: Sorry for the  long wait. I'm a huge procrastinator and I've had a huge load of stuff to do so. Here it is and thank you for reading the first chapter. Comment and tell me if I have any errors that need fixing.